Trying to figure out what class I am

So I always considered myself middle class but had someone shout at me recently that I was a privileged kid. I never really considered myself such so I am just gonna lay down the fact and ask Jow Forums what class I am.

>combined hosehold income of around 200k (175k being father's income,the rest from rental properties)
>mother owned a business doing home design
>father had a white collar engineer job
>grandparents left around 1 million dollars to family
>family owns several homes they rent out (6 I think?)
>lived in a two story house
>mother was stay at home for much of my youth

Attached: mfw.jpg (193x300, 9K)

Where dk you live?
That's pretty high upper middle class. But "priveleged" can also just be synonymous with "white" nowadays.

I lived in california in the central valley.

That's upper class, OP.

I grew up a poor Black kid. Single parent, multiple kids, 40K household income. Sometimes, when she dated guys (who always had worse jobs than her) it was about 70K together, and that was close to middle classish. I don't know why my mom had such shit taste in men. In any event I went to law school and I'm making 190K (97th percentile of income earners). It's 10K short of your household income, but undeniably upper class. The more people in the house, however, the more room to argue a high salary doesn't tend to amount to upper class. BTW, this is all about finance. I ultimately think your race is irrelevant to the question of financial privilege. There are plenty of broke White americans and it's funny to make more money than the overwhelming majority of every race, while being Black.

thats pretty high class from my perspective man. you legitimatly have it better than probably a vast majority of the anons on this board, let alone society at large.

Meh I guess that's like middle class there then. Is that like San bernanindo and such?

Nah, closer down to Fresno.

Well, huh. I guess I sort of just considered myself middle class because I didn't feel like I had that much more than the people around me.

Upper middle class. Your father is a professional.

upper middle without a doubt. privileged cunt.

Not solidly upper class. Maybe Lower-Upper or Upper-middle.

>parents clock in / show up to job / company

you're working class my dude

Ok, other question. When the eventual societal purge comes where they get rid of everyone non-essential will I be included in that or are jobs like my father's safe?

>own 6 homes they rent out, landlord scum
>""""home design"""" business
>huge inheritance
>working class
b8

How do you figure? They have a net worth of like 3 million if all of those homes are in commiefornia.

>200k household income isn't privileged
>40k household income
>I grew up a poor black kid, single parent, multiple kids

Holy fuck when did people become such faggots? I grew up an actually poor, white kid, with a mom and 3 sisters. We had an annual gross income of less than 16.5k. Even I never considered myself properly poor like some of my friends. You aren't poor at all, not even close to it.

>rent 6 homes
Literal kulaks

You will hang and your children will be shot by comissars Juan and Tyrone when the 3rd world masses decide to annihilate you and your jew friends, just after they get that last Black Panther movie

Attached: 0ED4F622-8063-486D-826B-870827B85A1E.jpg (574x863, 73K)

>ya cant be poor because there are poorer people than you
40k as a family of 4 is poor, user
>16k
You just happened to be very poor. Are you a redneck?

You're upper middle class, maybe even upper class if you consider your assets. Not middle class, definitely not working class. It's nothing to be ashamed of because you can't choose your upbringing, but it's important that you remember how well off you are and that other weren't so lucky.

200k is without a doubt privileged, though perhaps OP couldn't see this because his friends were also rich. 40k is a different story though. It's 33% less than the national average, and while in most cases that's enough for a semi-comfortable working class life, living in or near a major city raises cost of living quite a bit. Still, it's a whole class above 16.5k, which basically means your family was working poor

That's extremely poor, as in 1/3 of the national average with a larger than average household poor.

No, you can't be poor if you make 40k. 40k is 20k above the poverty line, so you're not poor.
>40k in a family of 4 is poor
Yea, whatever you want to believe so you can feel like you made something out of nothing.

>are you a redneck?
No, I'm from Philly

>It's 33% less than the national average
averages don't mean shit when discussing wages because they're skewed by outliers

And yet even though I had "multiple siblings" and a 16.5k household income i still had a fairly comfortable life. Imagine thinking you actually had to struggle financially at all when you make 20k over the poverty line.

I'd say ur middle class. 500k+ is usually for upper class in most parts.
>grew up with a family of 5 and lived off 25k a year. Never felt poor always saw myself as middle class. Oh and never took gov handouts. Now I'm 25+ make 50k solo and still live like I'm "poor" monthly expenses are only around 800-1000$ & have around 130k in the bank debt free. Still not upper class but it sure feels like it.

I'm not trying to insult your life in any way, it is just that statistically you are the working poor. Sure you can be comfortable, I'm not arguing that, I'm just discussing brackets.

If you have to wonder then you're upper middle class at least. Privilege means you don't have to know something, in this case you're rich enough to not know how much you aren't rich.

Yes your family is rich. Not elite but rich in comparison with over 90% of the country/world.

Well it is the median income that I quoted, which less likely to be skewed by statistical outliers than a mean average, but you're still right. Wage and standard of living are complex ideas that can't be represented with pure quantitative data, however I figured it was worth mentioning the average income as a point of reference.

It's all relative dude. You had a hard life but that doesn't invalidate the struggles of others. You don't know what their life was like, what expenses they had, what work was like, etc. Like I said here , standard of living is a complex idea that is affected by way more than just one's income

I don't care about that. Statistically, 40k a year isn't poor. 20k is the poverty line.
Is talking as if he's some poor black kid who had to struggle all his life and then persevered through it to become some big lawyer. That's not true at all, considering he had an income of 40-70k which is well over enough to live comfortably without having to struggle.
There's a difference between poverty along the lines of "Oh we're only gonna be able to take a 3 day vacation this year instead of a week because of money" and "Oh I guess we didn't get dinner again for the 3rd day in a row, better hope there's some ramen left or go steal something from the store."

>White fragility in action

Congrats, you still had white privilege he didn't

>million dollars and 6 (seven if you include the parent's) house inheritance
Fuck off