There are actually people that don't follow their desired career path

>there are actually people that don't follow their desired career path
Why? Work is shit but you could at least make it somewhat enjoyable.
"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Attached: 5bbb8276ca8ab4430281d70e627dfaeb06d41b0a5123e03653e44380488aa46d.jpg (509x514, 21K)

stop right there, artists and writers. this thread is NOT for you.

My "desired career path" is being a physics scientist, but I'm not smart or dedicated enough. It's just not gonna happen.

Attached: sqf4qch.jpg (790x960, 158K)

My dream job would be programming, but after comparing myself to others who exelled at it when I was in High School made me think that even with a degree my skill would be too low to actually get a job doing it

Currently studying economics but shit is boring as hell, might apply for a programming course at the end of the semester but my grades have gone to shit so don't have my hopes up

I'm going the military in a couple months actually. Can't wait. Gonna try becoming an MP and then go into army rangers.

it is, if you arent a shit artist or writer

its a combo between doing what you love and what you are good at. They tend to coincide - if you are awesome at something you will love it.

Your "dream" programming job is just because of the memes you heard about it. Do something you are the Master of doing

Ikr?
t. self taught zoo designer and nature documentarian

My desired career path is being a musician. Specifically, I would love to be able to sing. I cannot. My voice does not make good sounds. There is no avenue for me to become a professional. Music is my only passion.
Guess I'll just wageslave till I die.

Attached: FD5A3816-718A-49A2-91AF-AE789D19A706.jpg (618x597, 144K)

Actually, it isn't because of memes or shit like that

In high school my best subject (only subject I aced) was IT, in which we were programming in windows visuals C#

Although I aced it and had fun sitting for hours working on tasks in that subject, compared to the actually good students in that class I might as well have gotten a C- instead if an A due to the vast difference in.. well... literally every aspect of coding

I keep on getting rejected by companies in my desired career path
And I don't have a stable resume/the years of experience in the field to have companies willing to hire me, so it's either wasting money via school or learning on the job doing something similar.

I would love to be an Aeronautical engineer for like SpaceX or Boeing, but i got kicked out of high school as i got to the age where you cant re-enroll and by the time i catch up, go to college and such, ill be about 25-28. And i feel like most industies are just interested in kids that are like 21.

Attached: 1540243538797.jpg (474x480, 37K)

Wrote my 1st batch file around the age of reason yet I see others into software after uni (they studied something else) so people have ups and downs getting experience...

While 1st OP is clueless of life's hardships, do at least try something you like, if such luck can be had.

Attached: IMG_0001.png (636x856, 50K)

>music is my only passion
>cant sing
guess i wont even try to sing, or play an instrument, or dj, or produce, or to work in the industry
Lazy retard

> lol i love drawing
> go to art school
> despite going into shitty schools one after the other I became a designer
> a good part of the other kids that drew better aren't even in the artistic field or are shitty lame freelancer with no taste
> I'm in the hype, working on cool ass project
> Regret not having chosen a career when I just basically make money like a mother fucking richfag

>"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

What if don't I like to work at all? I only like to consume media.

>m-muh streamer
>m-muh letsplayer
>m-muh youtuber

You have obligations towards your viewers.

ya, the truth is if you don't have a bachelor's degree four years after HS it's not going to be clear what went wrong unless you went on an amazing sabbatical where you helped the children or had to go help the president.

Attached: IMG_2789.jpg (187x243, 14K)

I have been playing instruments since I was 12, im 22 now. Even though my autistic traits focused on music and theory, I played in a country band touring around the state when I was 16, I have always been the best guitarist of my peers, I constantly push my abilities as a harmonist, improviser, composer, and sound designer, I still have to compare to kids who grew up in New York with profession musician parents, being taught piano by legends, who went on to do high school at some school for talented youth, started teaching classes at Berkeley when they were 16 or something, did a doctorate at Juliard while having their compositions played by world class musicians, and have plenty of real world experience in film and in live venues. I am not half as good as these guys. What takes them 30 minutes would take me days. What they do in a few days I could never do. What is insane is how many composers have this same background. People are raised to be artists, you cant become one. Not truly.

>Not doing both
But seriously, either extreme is bad. If you can't eat because your job pays like shit don't do it, but if you are having mental breakdowns because your job is hell it's not worth it either.

the only job I love doesn't exist

Because my desires career path of being a VA is stupidly impractical.

Because the barriers to entry are brutal for someone with no connections and no experience. I like doing things in general, luckily, but this job market does a very good job of excluding me despite actually calling people, applying, and so on.
Actually finding work is miles worse for me than actually working. I've had my hands corroded somewhat from rougher bits of dishwashing, and that's still preferable to the application process these days.

what do I win

originally of course

Attached: bingo.png (790x960, 638K)

Got kicked out. Kind of at a loss of what to do now. I don't want to study and I certainly do not want to work.

I have no idea watch want to do in life and have never had a dream job. I got an engineering degree I have no love for and I just work part time in a shop
Where do people get these dreams from?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a job at the moment? I have been NEET and looking for work every day for months and it's either
A) Absolute shit tier bottom rung retail / care assistant work. I would rather be on 50 dollars a week NEETbux than lower myself to this
B) Senior Data Analyst - full driving licence and masters degree + 3 years experience needed
There is NOTHING for relatively talented young people who want an entry level job in something like finance. I'm starting to get crushingly depressed. When I was young I was told 'follow your dreams' but I got rejected from every good grad scheme and my internship boss chose not to take me on. I've never felt this low in my life and faggots telling me to 'bee myself' don't help

Thats you assuming there even exists a career path that I like.
I thought I liked programming, but if I have to ask myself if I really like it, then I think I don't actually like it.

Problem is I don't know what the fuck I want. Only reason I'm planning on doing CS next year is because it's a broad field and I can still go anywhere from there, I sure hope that's actually true.