Why is modern interior design and architect so extremly rootless, soulless and boring?

Why is modern interior design and architect so extremly rootless, soulless and boring?
I never really cared about these things but lately it's been really bothering me, I can't help to notice it everywhere I go

no wonder people are fucking sad these days

Attached: 826.jpg (800x532, 295K)

having concrete floors and stairs in your home would suck, any rich guy who does that is a moron

Because the people who design them are rootless, soulless and boring.

They try too hard to divert from more traditional designs, and/or they watch too much sci-fi.

>we don't need a railing going up a flight of slick cement stairs where you would fall to more cement below

sure

>Because the people who design them are rootless, soulless and boring.
oh... I know exactly who you are talking about, user

Attached: 28968721458.jpg (158x180, 14K)

Speaking as a student of this kind of thing, it really isn't. It can easily be if the designer is shit, but this kind of thing is actually pretty good from an ergonomic and aesthetic standpoint shapewise. A bit flat colorise, but forgivable.
What I think you are being caught on is the lack of "building pattern" like you would find in more traditional buildings like gothic architecture with a distinct order to it that lends itself the effect of something almost "living", giving the effect of greater soul.
In contrast, modern design is supposed to seem separated from such organic ideas.

And that's why it's shit, look at this nice building replaced by a modernist box

Attached: IMG_20190112_131627.jpg (1800x1800, 502K)

it's cheaper to construct in concrete formwork.

its easier clean, which means either not spending money on staff or not having staff buzzing about

for the middle and lower classes, the plebs no longer have the craftsmanship skills to contribute to a construction project which is subject to building and worksite regulations.

alot of the ornate features in houses where used to hide ugly lines where floors and walls meet. making these joints "clean" without those tricks is also a sign of our control over the environment we live in.

the traditional designs that the public express a preference for a originally based on the rigorous forms and ratios developed largely in the classical period by the greeks. learning about these and how to them apply them is at the most basic level of architecture education.

that style can be done readily by every architect, but it is more challenging for them to take those principles and reduce them to purer forms or develop them further, houses even the modern ones you complain about objectively conform to those principles. the public however lack the education to understand why traditional or classical buildings are actually the way they are, and how modern buildings relate to that. they simply think "oh those decorative bits looks nice". this lack of education is compounded by the suburban homes designed by for for-profit house builders, built in the past 50 years that take minor aesthetic traditional decorative elements and slap anywhere and everywhere on a maximal profit proportioned box.

so when someone says they don't like modern designed homes like the OP, I take it with some of those pinches of salt.

It's because renovating the old-fashioned buildings are much harder, they weren't built to last as long as they have and need updated windows, plumbing, etc.

I got some of those pictures
They're quite depressing really

Attached: 1531132448359.jpg (1047x2058, 1.48M)

holy shti that's horrible

Holy fucking shit thats my backhole home town.

Attached: 1456605527427.jpg (716x520, 119K)

yet it probably makes 10x the profit in rent-upkeep

>yet it probably makes 10x the profit in rent-upkeep
enjoy ur profits kike

I don't know user, I like minimalist design. It's relaxing.

thanks, I use them to build proper buildings in Isreal

My ass these things weren't made to last. It wasn't build by hunter gatherers or nomads who only lived there for short periods of time. Mansions and castles build in the medieval era still stand today.

People made these buildings hundreds of years back without any of the modern technology or conveniences we have today. If someone could make these by hand back then we sure as hell can do it today with 1/1000 of the efford, money, time and energy it required back then.

Besides you shouldn't have to sacrifice beauty for convenience when you can have both, which they did when they were built.
Your dedication, care and efford should be reflected in your work. The concrete blocks come off as nothing more than lazy design and lazy work

Attached: 1531152227455.jpg (960x837, 117K)

those stairs are nice to stare at though
yep but 2/10 otherwise

Modern architects feel nostalgia and tqke influences from their childhood. You see, they were kids in the '90s and played FPS games that had similar soulless environments due to technical limitations at the time.

Your pic looks great to me user.

It looks like modernist garbage, plain and simple.

This is my local cinema, the style is Streamline Moderne. Cool isn't it.

Attached: strand-5-lst204522_thumb.jpg (300x368, 23K)

So why does fucking brutalism look more interesting and soulful than modernism? I really don't care if your architecture is theoretically perfect if it looks boring and shit, in the same way I don't care about "genius" artists when they make boring and shit music. Take a step back and consider if your work is actually good when you're done beating off over it.