NEET vs WAGESLAVE general

>be wagie for 5 years
>depressed to the point of wanting to suicide
>parents tell me to quit job
>quit job 6 months ago, cure depression within 2 weeks
>finally happy for first time in life (25yo)
>parents start bitching & whining at me to get another job
>the thought of wagecucking again fills me with absolute dread

how can i trick my brain into wanting to wagecuck? i just don't understand. do people who claim to enjoy working just trick themselves, or are they simply materialistic?

Attached: cali-butt.jpg (1020x1548, 455K)

some people get off on being competent

You should try to get some neetbux, that's also my plan for the future, I really wan't to stop wagecucking, it literally kills me

>use up all his savings
>become a bum because want to be a NEET

LOL

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hajimete no Gal - 06 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.33_[2017.08.16_10.56.46].png (658x720, 500K)

>being competent
false equivalence.

think of a body builder

>extreme level of hard work, dedication
>amazing results
>rarely ever makes a single dollar

plenty of examples exist, of course. all sorts of hobbies require competence, hard work, dedication... but don't make you any money

if i wrote a book, i wouldn't sell it. i'm not going to write a book right now because it's a lot of work and i have to get a job, but if i was rich i would

i wageslaved for 5 years straight and didn't enjoy a moment of it. i can do things even if i don't enjoy them

i am not envious of 6'5 250lb chad's with 10% body fat who fuck 10/10s on the regular. i am envious of people who enjoy wageslaving and have a "enjoyable career" -- that just seems totally insane to me, i can't imagine having an "enjoyable career"

can i get neetbux for being diagnosed as schizoid?

does anyone know? i don't see any reason to get a diagnosis otherwise

got a job
move out
start paying into your pension

Unironically work as a night time security guard. It barely qualifies a work and the money is fine if you're only supporting yourself.

>be neet for 3years
>video games, anime and depression
at least I was having fun and there was enjoyment

>wagie past 3 years
>money to buy things
>no time to use them
>barely any time to play games
>no time for anime
>boring job where I'm underpaid
>depressed even more due to lack of time for myself
>still no gf

what's the point?
on neetbux at least I had some fun and had time to learn shit.
maybe if I had a girl to spend what little time/money I have?

>get a job
i did that, i wageslaved for 5 years

>move out
i only moved back in with my parents at age 25. i moved out at age 18.
i don't like living with them, but i'd rather live with them and have freedom than live alone and be a wagslave. i wish it wasn't that way, but that's just the way i feel

>start paying into your pension
yeah really the only reason i would ever work is to get paid. the sole purpose is money

of course, a person could sell their internal organs for money -- how is that any different, really?

Body builders work too retard

>i just don't understand. do people who claim to enjoy working just trick themselves, or are they simply materialistic?
Who we talking about here? Your typical low skilled labor drone with no hope or someone in a high paying privileged position?

How do you get one of these jobs?

how does that refute anything i said?

if you inherited a billion dollars, would you still be a wageslave?

>someone in a high paying privileged position?
personally, i can't even imagine enjoying work.
enjoying the pay check? yes, of course!

i imagine being a surgeon... the stress, the long hours, the patients, etc. and i think to myself "well, they get paid a lot, but i wouldn't enjoy slicing people up and fucking around with their body"

i just wouldn't enjoy it.

i understand that people love money, but how can they actually enjoy the work they do to get it?

i was the highest paid person at my old job (programming) and also had the most responsibility of anyone except my bosses. it was a small company, but i didn't enjoy a second of it. i didn't like the responsibility. i didn't like the actual work, i didn't like waking up to an alarm clock and sitting in traffic and spending all the daylight in an office.

i did like the money, obviously. who the fuck doesn't?

i seriously can't think of ONE (01) single job that would be enjoyable to do. selling my labor is just a transaction, the only benefit is the money i get

I'm in the same boat. I'm not unhappy because I have high standards. I actually have really low standards and still feel like you have to fight tooth and nail to hold onto any stability, and it's fragile stability at that. I'm thinking at this point a part-time job is the best thing. Working full-time isn't worth it, but being NEET isn't worth it either.

>body building
>hard work
it's something you do to relax after work. 8-hour long arm workouts, obsessive macro counting and shitloads of roids is just autism and body dysmorphia.

just tell you're parents they told you to quit your job and to shut the fuck up

>relax
lifting weights is the polar opposite of relaxing

i lift weights and i still look basically DYEL (shit muscle building genes) but it's not 'relaxing' at all. it's inherently stressful [raises stress hormones] and requires greater caloric intake

>roids
muh
not everyone has to use it. if you seriously thinking there's no hard work involved, you're retarded.

I think he means relax your mind. There's something very easy about lifting weights compared to doing real work.

I think on part time job as well
I would be glad if capitlists would build 10m2 small flats to live there alone for little money so i could work for 15-20hrs a week and be much more free

not in my experience at all. i mean yeah, the actual lifting of weights isn't that hard, but putting on the mass is. i never had trouble working, it wasn't hard -- not my job, not university, nothing really. it's just time consuming, boring, tedious.
so is weight lifting. they both have benefits though, despite being utterly unenjoyable activities: one gets you money, the other gets you stronger

>8-hour long arm workouts, obsessive macro counting and shitloads of roids is just autism and body dysmorphia.
Even without all that, it's still many thousands of hours of work to look half-decent.

how much did you work?
I'm currently in a comfy position where I only work 5-10 hours a week. I hated myself when I did more. It's not that desu, gets me out of the house.

It is possible to take pride in your work and for it to become your life. Maybe you can call that being "blue pilled" and that anyone who has tasted the NEET will know it's better. Lots are people are also indoctrinated to accept work as in they get restless when they sit around doing nothing and it feels wrong. I've heard people say this is a "white man" problem as niggaboons and spics have no problem lounging around on gibs because that's their culture where as a white person would feel guilty for being a lazy sack of useless shit.

>how much did you work?
7hrs a day, 5x a week

>I'm currently in a comfy position where I only work 5-10 hours a week
how the fuck do you get a job like that?

>It is possible to take pride in your work and for it to become your life.
how? i don't understand. you're just selling your labor, why would you be proud of that?

>Maybe you can call that being "blue pilled" and that anyone who has tasted the NEET will know it's better.
that's simply not true, i worked for 5 years and i have been NEET for 6 months and i prefer it. perhaps, you have nothing to be proud of otherwise and you fill this emptyness with a career?

> Lots are people are also indoctrinated to accept work as in they get restless when they sit around doing nothing and it feels wrong. I've heard people say this is a "white man" problem as niggaboons and spics have no problem lounging around on gibs because that's their culture where as a white person would feel guilty for being a lazy sack of useless shit.
I am white, but I don't see being NEET as "useless" -- in fact, i felt useless wageslaving. there is no job that i would do that nobody else could do. if i get a job, that's taking the opening from someone else. therefore, i am actually robbing someone else of opportunity by getting a job

i could spend my efforts writing a book. that's what i would do, if i was rich. but instead i will wageslave and feel miserable doing it. it doesn't make me feel useful, it makes me feel like i'm wasting my life

also, i am more "lazy" when i wageslave. i just don't equate wageslaving/making money as productivitiy. i guess i would if i couldn't imagine doing any useful activities without getting paid though, which was how i was when i was a teenager

>lifting weights is the polar opposite of relaxing
>i lift weights and i still look basically DYEL (shit muscle building genes) but it's not 'relaxing' at all. it's inherently stressful [raises stress hormones]
cortisol levels after the workout are absolutely fine unless you train like a retard. they are nullified by the increase of testosterone, endorphins, etc.
>requires greater caloric intake
no shit, but what does it have to do with anythig
>roids
>not everyone has to use it
bodybuilders have to
>if you seriously thinking there's no hard work involved
as I said, working out at the gym is no hard work anyway, it's a hobby, so it's completely irrelevant. but apart from that, roids are only needed to attain autistic levels of muscle growth (which is not aesthetic and there's no money in bodybuilding) or to take shortcuts. the amount of the actual work depends on the goal. there's a lot of work to look like a bodybuilder even on roids, but if you just want to build some muscle, you can do it faster on roids without working out than working out natty

I been a wage cuck for 12 years now. It doesn't get better, just makes you burnt out and realistic about life. Profession your profession leads to more responsibility with little pay increase. I left school with twisted view of employment, with expat opportunities and unrealistic view what it is like to be under pressure on the job.

Lifestyle creep came to me fast, it is hard to go back to live in a squalor like I once was. Now I am stuck in a shitty job with high pay.

>do people who claim to enjoy working just trick themselves, or are they simply materialistic?
I don't mind what I do and think the compensation for my time is sufficient. I also enjoy financial independence that I don't have as a neet

>NEET from age 18 to 25
>finally on NEETbux
>never have to work again
>work under the table anyway
>make more money doing that than i get from social security

so thats nice

bodybuilding != being a bodybuilder

weight lifting, getting strong, working out. it's effort, takes dedication, hard work, lots of time to get strong. just like a job
you just get the benefit of increased strength, whereas with a job the only benefit you get is money (or, in some cases, apparently a sense of value/self worth... which i can't seem to understand)

>as I said, working out at the gym is no hard work anyway, it's a hobby, so it's completely irrelevant.
this is wrong. it IS hard work.

Ronnie Coleman: "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights."

If your goal is to squat 5-plate, you're going to have to put in A LOT OF HARD WORK

further, it's not "a hobby" at least for myself. I don't like lifting weights, it fucking sucks. i would say i HATE IT. but i do it because i want to be strong. yes, i fucking hate it and still do it... i WISH i could enjoy it

>roids are only needed to attain autistic levels of muscle growth
agreed. i don't use roids, i work out 3-4x a week, i basically look DYEL. but like i said, i have shit muscle building genes.

if i had a goal of "make $10,000" and another goal of "squat 4 plate" the former would actually be easier for me to achieve.

>but if you just want to build some muscle, you can do it faster on roids without working out than working out natty
yeah and you'd lose it all once you get off them, and lose your hair and shrink your balls

>I don't mind what I do
what is it that you do? i can't imagine a job that wouldn't annoy me to have to go to all the time

>the compensation for my time is sufficient
would you do your job for free, as a hobby? how much do you get paid

>I also enjoy financial independence that I don't have as a neet
yeah, of course. that's the only reason i would work LOL! it's literally selling your labor, of course you would "enjoy" getting paid for something you sell

>what is it that you do? i can't imagine a job that wouldn't annoy me to have to go to all the time
Data analysis & admin/office bitch
>would you do your job for free, as a hobby? how much do you get paid
No, but I find DA very interesting, my coworkers are cool my bosses are cool. I earn average wage. I've done actual wageslaving and it's light and day.

I guess you're OP? What do you do?

>I find DA very interesting
you're lucky. i can't think of a single thing that's interesting that i could get paid for

>I guess you're OP? What do you do?
web development, programming

i used to work full time, then i quit. i'm "NEET" but i do freelancing and make a bit of money on the side, more than enough for food and gym membership and car insurance. i don't know what else to spend my money on. back when i was full time, i paid $800 a month for rent and spent most of the rest of my money on drugs to dull the pain. i'm sober now

Again, I don't mind what I do and think the compensation for my time is sufficient.
There are niggers and chinks working in garbage dumps and factory lines with 0 safety and get $1 an hour.

I work in an aircon office, go for coffee runs with mildly attractive coworkers whenever and punch numbers into some a program at an ergonomic desk.

would you still do it if you won $50 million in the lottery?

>do people who claim to enjoy working just trick themselves, or are they simply materialistic?
Just about no one enjoys working. They don't trick themselves - they just lie to themselves and they know they're doing it.

Just because one job sucks doesn't mean your next job will suck. Jobs only get more engaging, interesting, and purposeful as you move up the food chain. Besides NEETism will get you feeling depressed anyway if you do it for too long

>Jobs only get more engaging, interesting, and purposeful as you move up the food chain.
maybe for you. not everyone necessarily enjoys wageslaving. there's a reason why they pay (compensate) you for your labor

>In economics, a backward-bending supply curve of labour, or backward-bending labour supply curve, is a graphical device showing a situation in which as real (inflation-corrected) wages increase beyond a certain level, people will substitute leisure (non-paid time) for paid worktime and so higher wages lead to a decrease in the labour supply and so less labour-time being offered for sale.[1]
>The "labour-leisure" tradeoff is the tradeoff faced by wage-earning human beings between the amount of time spent engaged in wage-paying work (assumed to be unpleasant) and satisfaction-generating unpaid time, which allows participation in "leisure" activities and the use of time to do necessary self-maintenance, such as sleep. The key to the tradeoff is a comparison between the wage received from each hour of working and the amount of satisfaction generated by the use of unpaid time.

>Besides NEETism will get you feeling depressed anyway if you do it for too long
6 months and i haven't felt depressed at all. if i was rich, i can't imagine ever feeling depressed from not wageslaving. if i wanted to "do something" i would write a book and give it out for free, or do news commentary

Attached: Labour_supply_small.png (391x285, 4K)

6 months is nothing. Come back to Jow Forums after 2 years when everyone you know is getting married and your parents are older, crazier, madder at you and lounging around all day has gotten maddening like you are a prisoner in your own house.

You are obviously smart guy, find a job that you're too smart for. Then when you enevitably become a manager the work is powerful but not difficult. That's what i did, they dont even really care what hours i work

>become a manager
yeah i don't want to do that. i don't like telling people what to do at all.

honestly, i don't want to even leave my room for work. my ideal job would be starting at 2pm, in my room, working from home

i'm not a morning person and i don't want to have to interact with people

im autistic

In my opinion this whole "enjoying your work" and "preferring wageslaving" is totally subjective and can not really be discussed in a "neet vs wageslave thread".
Some people like their work and dont find it to be their means to "survive" but a profession. But your profession could also be something that doesnt earn you any money. Which means in our society you need to have something else that will let you survive whether it is neetbux or wageslaving.
In general it comes down to what do you actually enjoy doing. Sometimes doing what you like goes hand in hand with a neet lifestyle. Sometimes you need to have a job.
People dont usually just like the wageslaving but they like what they do and it happens to be a very exhausting but still bearable life.
idk

basically
>NEET: can't do what makes you happy because too poor
>wagie: can't do what makes you happy because too exhausted / no free time

Nah I agree OP. Me and a friend regularly rant about how even if you were being paid a thousand bucks a day to bang models you'd still wake up and think "fuck this I don't wanna go to work today". Just the knowledge you're basically doing something you don't want to do just for a small amount of cash while someone else makes a lot more. I've worked in a heap of different jobs and I've basically got the easiest and comfiest one I can find now and I still just hate it down to the core of my soul. I miss being NEET so much.

Attached: Gosling_2049.jpg (970x545, 50K)

>honestly, i don't want to even leave my room for work. my ideal job would be starting at 2pm, in my room, working from home
programming. I work from home most of the time. starting at 2pm all the time could be difficult though, because most of your workday should overlap with others and there are daily skype meetings, usually in the morning, but it depends on the project

I hate this shitty existence. I'm currently NEET and extremely lucky to have supporting parents, but I'll be going back to wageslaving soon and the feeling of impending doom is constantly on the back of my mind.

>programming
that's literally what i did for 5 years. it gets old, quick

in fact i've been freelancing a bit. i don't make very much, but i don't really want to buy anything except food, gym membership

programming is easy but it just gets really boring after doing it for a couple weeks

I'm in the same boat. I need to work again soon but I don't want to go back. I've been looking for part-time night shift gigs and there's absolutely none around me.

Same here. Work is death, but I have to go back.

dunno, depends on the job I guess. In the 2 jobs I had I've been doing a lot of random stuff out of nowhere and it's never borring and been switching back end forth between backend, frontend, web, desktop, devops, integrations etc. and it never seems boring.

>how? i don't understand. you're just selling your labor, why would you be proud of that?
Some people do take pride in their work, not everyone is a nihilist. I think the definition of work needs to be defined clearly here because it can either mean being a cog in the machine or an artist expressing his creativity, the latter of which would take pride in their creations.

>that's simply not true, i worked for 5 years and i have been NEET for 6 months and i prefer it. perhaps, you have nothing to be proud of otherwise and you fill this emptyness with a career?
Some people require purpose to exist and yes, the lack of working may indeed lead to thoughts of emptiness. It is possible to work and enjoy it, most just don't get paid doing things they actually enjoy because it produces nothing of value to anyone else.

>I am white, but I don't see being NEET as "useless" -- in fact, i felt useless wageslaving. there is no job that i would do that nobody else could do. if i get a job, that's taking the opening from someone else. therefore, i am actually robbing someone else of opportunity by getting a job
So basically you're doing something you hate, unable to find a way to support yourself otherwise, but would love to do something else (writing books)? If you can't monetize that then it's tough shit.

You should try online poker. Big bucks to be made if you can level up, and you can set your own hours

>depends on the job I guess
or the person. i had to use amphetamine just to get through the work day. the days i didn't use it were like torture

amph is good because it makes time fly

How much do you need? If you don't need to earn much you can try r/beermoney methods and online transcription. It's bullshit pay but you don't have to deal with the shit aspects of work so much.

Unfortunately I need like 500 a month for rent.

>Some people do take pride in their work, not everyone is a nihilist. I think the definition of work needs to be defined clearly here because it can either mean being a cog in the machine or an artist expressing his creativity, the latter of which would take pride in their creations.
i take immense pride in the "work" i do in my free time. i wrote many essays. they didn't make me a single cent though, nor was that the intention.

if i was rich i would work tirelessly, every single day. but not for money

>Some people require purpose to exist and yes, the lack of working may indeed lead to thoughts of emptiness.
not everyone's purpose involves making as much money as possible. that's actually a really sad purpose, in my opinion.

>It is possible to work and enjoy it, most just don't get paid doing things they actually enjoy because it produces nothing of value to anyone else.
i agree

>So basically you're doing something you hate, unable to find a way to support yourself otherwise, but would love to do something else (writing books)? If you can't monetize that then it's tough shit.
exactly, that's my point. it sucks. how can i trick myself into wanting to do things i hate? i guess i can't. "tough shit" indeed

>cure depression within 2 weeks
Lmao I always knew """""depression""""" is nothing but a zoomer meme to get attention and that it doesn't actually exist. Thanks for proving I was right.

Warehousing is decent in the fact it's relatively asocial and it pays ok. I was pulling in $1000 checks some weeks doing overtime. It's physically hell but this can be mitigated by eating healthyish and stretching in your free time.

it does exist. i cured it by quitting my job

some people can cure it by supplementing vitamins

the cause is different for everyone

I fucking hate my job loading trucks so bad I want to kill myself. Too bad I cant quit or collect autismbux.
By god its hard to get a job. I thought itd be easy to find another job as I kept the same job for 4 years, but I've only had 2 failed interviews out of 20 or so applications.

>would you still do it if you won $50 million in the lottery?
Retire, travel, invest it. Maybe use $1mil to start a business. The biggest fear I'd have is just sitting in a room doing the same things but with a larger monitor.

Have a reason to work.

I have kids. That makes me happy to wageslave.

If you've got no goals in mind, or people who love you to support, work is pointless and you mgiht as well just do crazy shit/be a NEET.

so basically the only reason you stay doing that job is because you need the money

OK

How did you even hold out for 5 years? I couldn't even go for 2 months until I went NEET and I've been NEET for 6 years now.

Attached: NEET.png (418x418, 125K)

>How did you even hold out for 5 years?
amphetamine and i had to look absolutely miserable for my parents to offer to let me stay with them again. the stress from work caused me to prematurely start balding. i went to see my parents at their beach house on fathers' day and i looked like utter death. they legitimately felt bad. i looked like i aged 10 years in 6 months

>Have a reason to work.
but i do have a reason to work -- to pay rent and not be starving and homeless. i still don't want to do it, i just do it. every day i wish i was free, but i never will be [until i kill myself]

Lucky you, my Dad is a piece of shit who can't even give me some money to fix my cavities, too busy going to Guatemala. I can't even get on SSDI and even if I did, the $700 a month wouldn't be enough to pay my rent and live on.

I have to keep active though or I'd feel terribly guilty wasting such an opportunity.

>not everyone's purpose involves making as much money as possible. that's actually a really sad purpose, in my opinion.
I didn't say money, I said purpose. When people retire they don't need money but some still like to work or do productive activities (like a woodworking shed).

>exactly, that's my point. it sucks. how can i trick myself into wanting to do things i hate? i guess i can't. "tough shit" indeed
You can't trick yourself, only suck it up. When I wage slaved I had the same attitude, I hated it and couldn't stand living. Then I found a way to moneytize my art and now live off royalties, I got very lucky and had I done it at the wrong time I would've failed even though I put the same effort in. Life is a bitch and some people get it easier than others. I won't kid myself for one second thinking someone couldn't be in this position as I won the lottery.

Working is really poison, I didn't go one day without feeling suicidal when I worked.

Attached: 1544703824512.png (600x938, 753K)

>I have to keep active though or I'd feel terribly guilty wasting such an opportunity.

there's plenty of activities that will take up loads of time that won't make you a single dollar

- weight lifting
- writing
- any form of entertainment can be given for free

I just want a less physical job that doesn't make me angry and I can get by with out sleeping like 9 hours.

I just keep playing the lottery and think about living out of my car til I can find a new job/place to live.

I dropped out of university for the third time back in november, got a job at december and want to kill myself rn (not literally tho, just want to quit). Money is good but what if you dont even have the time to use it? Seriously, being a baker is horrible. I start at 5:30 in the morning and work until around 18:00. Monday to Saturday (even Sunday mornings sometimes). Yeah, I have around 3 hours of break, but you can only sleep and eat something in this little windown of time.

Hopefully I'll get a better job at a office and have my weekends free. Not having to wake up at 5:00 is a pro too.

I already work out, I read as much as I can & listen to music on a fairly high end system.
If I was self retired/a millionaire I'd need to do more since it's not something to squander.

desu, the worst part of wageslaving is waking up to the alarm clock. the actual work part isn't that bad

speak for yourself. I love driving to work, but once im there I am angry as hell.

>I'd need to do more
and you can think of nothing worth doing that isn't making money?

like i said, i would write a book or do news commentary. i'd obviously give it out for free, since it would increase the audience

lmao I wrote a shitty fanfiction of practically every sifi media I consumed and still think about it when I shit.

I'd probably attend lectures and enroll in things I have interest in so my brain doesn't turn to mush.

One thing I didn't mention I enjoy about work is that my brain is active and I feel accomplished when I deal successfully with difficult situations.

>amph is good because it makes time fly
codeine works like that on me for some reason. when it starts come down I can read something or write some code and become completely engrossed in it for hours which seem like minutes

>I feel accomplished when I deal successfully with difficult situations
same, but i felt this more doing things not related to work, or that wouldn't make me any money

generally, at work, nothing was all that hard. i felt more "accomplished" when i did things nobody else could do, they were utterly dependent on me. however, given the choice, i would just avoid the entire stress of the situation and do things that i truly feel are important. i can get this feeling by working out at the gym, something that improves my health and physical fitness (if i didn't have to worry about money)

i would only write non-fiction for the purpose of informing others, i don't really like stories

i would say i'm possibly somewhat assburger though

So I quit my job like 9months ago. How the fuck do I get a new job? I've been applying everyday for the past 4months but get rejection emails and go to interviews that never call back. Should I bite the worst pill and go into fast food?

Attached: DAqzoNmXoAAURJV.jpg (2913x2413, 359K)

listen bud
if you ever work for someone else,
you enter into a cycle of rent and wages,
and youll never save enough money to free yourself.

got a car? start a low cost business
no car? you start a pc business
no pc? well your fucked

There are two classes in this world
slave and master

Nigger I'm a fucking brainlet so fuck off with starting your own business shit.

its easy as cake
but it cost money
if you cant control your life, others will control you

Is it alright to call back an employer 2weeks later after they left a voicemail asking you to call them back since you did alright on the interview?

yeah just say you were on vacation overseas

make sure you have a good lie set up though. a whole fake story, just in case

Alright thanks user i'll call them tomorrow morning.