Why do people buy these?

Why do people buy these?

Attached: alex-clockwork-pop.1498485668.png (1117x799, 1.01M)

they are little trinkets people carry in the hope that someone will see and think wow this person enjoys the same thing i do

i kinda wanna buy this now and i've never bought a figurine in my life

no idea desu. they look like shit and are overpriced.

Blind consumerism and slavery to media.

Im way to angry too at this to explain why i hate it fuck

Attached: 1543835110579.jpg (396x691, 58K)

usually if they own one they have a shelf full of these fuckers, they also want to flex on everyone by showing off what they're into
also this

I hate seeing these stupid, ugly, annoying shits everywhere in stores.

I don't know but they piss me off severely

Some people try and collect all of them because they have some kind of autism that compels them to own everything of a certain line of products. Most people buy them in a desperate bid to seem interesting and what this user says Why anyone would pay good money for a piece of clutter like that is beyond me. I live in limited space and the idea of filling it with such useless objects is beyond me, it kinda angers me if I'm honest

Bought them pretty frequently around the phase where they got really popular because I had a feeling they would sell nicely so I stocked up a bit on them but I stopped collecting them for a while. Sold all of them last year and got some good bank off of them I had some pretty good gems. Never really liked them though I always thought they were kind ugly. Im guessing people buy them because le chibi of fave character. Mostly appeal to boomers and fat chicks

someone gifted me one and it had meaning but that's all the use I can see on these things

Cause its a safe, simple design (like minions) and it has something people like and want to feel like a nerd buying it. People also follow trends blindly and I can't wait for this to crash and burn in flames.

Attached: 1453348083259.gif (200x190, 1.96M)

Question, do you guys hate minions cause that would explain a lot.

see pic related originally oreganoly

Attached: 09cb21d2e846589db768b79ea4ff851e740a9f672b65da452998ed1e0efce561.png (1159x665, 205K)

I wouldn't have a problem with these if they were like mcfarlane toys instead of featureless reddit blobs.

you can't hate minions, they were designed to be likable by children. the marketing would have been way different if minions were little sawtoothed hunchbacks.

How would it explain a lot? That I don't have shit taste?

Mimions and funko pops seem like they have the same design philosophy and I am seeing if its just me.

they are fucking lame

I don't hate minions as they were intended, but I've grown to hate them because of the facebook boomer moms that constantly post shitty captioned images with a random minion in the picture for no reason. It pisses me off when stuff clearly marketed at kids and no one else gets popular with adults. There is nothing to appeal to adults, minions are mindless sludge made to make toddlers giggle. As that they are fine by me.

Funko things piss me off for a different reason. They piss me off because they are the epitome of surface level consumerist "nerd" culture and people only collect them in order to signal to other normalfags what giant "nerds" they are and to seem more interesting or something. Being that desperate for validation in such a shallow way just makes a person seem disgusting to me. I guess also that the total lack of artistic value in the things pisses me off as well

they are collectibles at this point, some of them are valued at $200 or more

when i was 13 I bought 2 of them because at the time i was a "nerd", but i realized a year or so later how awful they were.

>piece of plastic crap "worth" ((($)))200

Funko pops are for people with no taste or personality. If someone collects figures then that's what they're into, and likely they have certain styles or brands that they're into, for them it's probably more of a hobby. I know a guy with a cabinet full of weeb figures and while it's not gonna get him laid I still appreciate them, they look cool, well made and it's what he's into. Funko pops have none of that. They are bottom of the barrel, cheaply made shit that retards buy to post pictures of on Facebook/Instagram because "lol I'm so nerdy I LOVE marvel". Fuck everyone who buys these things, I hope their shitty collections get stolen and the thief breaks their legs while they're at it.

yeah depending on which one it is, I know one of the Notorious BIG ones are valued very highly. couldn't tell you why, they probably release limited editions of things 4 times a year so people scramble to get them all.