Cardio/Rowing

What is the best form of cardio, and why is it rowing?

Attached: WOrlds-strongest-man-rowing-world-record-Brian-Shaw-sport360.jpg (644x366, 95K)

Eliptical is supperior. Rowing is bottlenecked by your upper body and you spend no energy on half of the movement

>Rowing
>Le Kettebell meme
>Hiking

Personally, the treadmill is the easiest. No need to worry about weird form techniques, it's just running in place for long periods of time. Put on some music or television and 30 minutes will fly by.

but it doesn't work your upper body at all really

I'm so close to buying a c2 for home. My gym just got a new one but they don't even do basic maintenance on it so it will go to shit before long.

Cross country skiing cause you're getting a workout while also going fast as fuck

Attached: 1554177131020.jpg (177x348, 26K)

>What is the best form of cardio
There is no one best form. Just make sure to vary your cardio. I.E. swimmig one day, runnning on the next day and rowing on the next day

It's fucking cardio it's supposed to work your fucking heart

Explain to a brainlet why running isn't the best, considering that it's what us humans evolved into being good at, hence it's the most "natural" way to train cardio

You are not running on "natural" surfaces, and you spent your entire developmental years in shoes. Your body is fucked up and so are your teeth, pig fucker

Don't know what I did to upset you but aside from that your speculation on shoes and lack of natural surfaces fucking our bodies up is interesting at least

Any source on your claims? I'd like to look it up

You have to seek out him

we (likely) also evolved to be (good) swimmers.
see water ape theory
and of course we also evolved to be very good in using our arms for fighting, hitting, pushing, lifting, holding, climbing...

Stair stepper/stair climber for me, I'm like a fireman climbing to the top.

Attached: v9zbuw4etol11.jpg (2463x3187, 731K)

the only problem with the treadmill is that after i run for 30+min, i step off and almost always lose my balance. i dont get that feeling when i jog outside but it's something about running in place for extended periods of time that messes with me

When I run 45 min on the treadmill, I take at least 5 minutes walking while decreasing the speed of the machine. I never had this problem because of this "cooling" time, do you do it as well user ?

Why should you vary cardio?

It's literally just for heart health and a bit of bonus calorie burn

Cardio is boring sometimes, don't get bored
Different movement patterns for greater coordination
I like to do some cardio that works my shoulders (swimming, rowing) for shouder health
A bit of low-impact cardio every now and then means you don't kill your joints with endless running, especially if you are heavier

Should I ski before or after lifting?

As long as it's HIT

Actually, weighted jump rope is the best form of cardio

why vary food and weight lifting?

Based fastposter

Attached: 9410CF87-09B0-4307-ACD4-F62EC84B87A4.png (332x342, 30K)

WHAT'S YOUR 100M SPRINT PERSONAL BEST ON THE ROWING MACHINE?

Attached: tenor.gif (344x220, 950K)

What's a good 500m time bros? havent rowed since hs

>no gymtimidation

WTF is that faggotery FFS

Try to hit 1:35. The pros do that shit for an entire 2k

Can user recommend a rowing machine for cheap?
I'm in the UK and can afford to spend up to £500 = €600 = $700. Is that enough?

I row almost everyday in the gym and want to start rowing at home. I want the machine to last me ~2 years with daily use.

Buy a used c2 model D. They last a very long time with proper care and I have no doubt you can find one in that price range.

We had many old ones in my old club and they performed the same as the ones we bought new.

Rollrblading. No harmful joint impact and 40 minutes of going full Sanic can not be beat.

Signed. C2 is master raster of erg. Easily the easiest cardio, put the damper down to 6 and listen to a podcast or something for 15-20. It opened up my hip flexors and I'm easily the most flexible I've been in ~10yrs

i'll cool down for a min or two. maybe i just need to up it

The aquatic ape theory was a fucking meme

[citation needed]

Ski touring.

Attached: mb-5-lg-FR--5750ski-de-randonnee-jpg.jpg (1000x600, 57K)

Going with this as well. Do NOT buy anything other than a C2.

Sex

I just alternate 10 intervals of 20 second hill sprints and 5 intervals of rowing for 1:20/500 as my cardio. Whatever I do one day I do the other the next and aim for 3-4 days out of the week, at least in cutting season

Jumping rope

Want to know how I know you've never rowed?

I’m just starting out and doing spin bike because if I run for 10 minutes, even at a moderate pace, I vomit. Is spin bike a good way to build up my endurance so it’s not shit and to lose fat while on a cut?