/sig/ - self improvement general

/sig/ Basics:
>YOU are 100% responsible for the way you experience life. Not your parents, not your surroundings, not your ex, not your bully, not your future spouse. YOU. Complete, sincere acceptance of this is the most fundamental step to bettering yourself, and it is by far the hardest thing you'll ever do.
>Work your way to becoming the best YOU you can be - one step at a time.
>Set realistic Goals and have a Plan. Use short-term Goals to keep yourself going.
>Learn helpful and effective daily/weekly/etc. routines, including mundane ones.
>Have a steady sleeping rhythm - one that works for you, so long as you keep to it. Get 6-11 hours of sleep. More Info: pastebin.com/h4CDDtKu
>Learn Mindfulnes Meditation ( Guide: youtu.be/F0jedwTzIJg - important: relax your jaw, lips almost parted ). More Info: pastebin.com/0NMDEUNh
>Learn to be Brutally Honest with yourself. Stop being a slave to your Ego.
>Have the balls to follow any beliefs to their logical conclusion. Think critically, question everything.
>If you need to put others down to feel good about yourself, you are putting yourself in a position where you are dependent on the people you look down on.
>Focus on the essentials. If you try to do everything at once, you’ll burnout. Little by little.

Resources:
>newarcitea.neocities.org/ - Overall Guide
>thework.com/ - "Simple" Mental Health self-help resource. You get out what you put in.

Books:
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=98969210042127012301 - Marcus Aurelius - Meditations
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=01374239493824328035 - Sam Harris - Waking Up
>misc.equanimity.info/downloads/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf - Henepola Gunaratana - Mindfulness in Plain English
>s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=93057425205857796418 - Dale Carnegie - How to Win Friends and Influence People
>Tsultrim Allione - Feeding your Demons

...motherfucking Conan edition

Attached: sig-6.png (2839x2300, 3.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A52--FKUQgU
danpena.co.uk/qla-for-dummies/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Y7oKPdV70
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Build your body

Attached: arnold.png (610x609, 457K)

Starting is the hard part

Attached: arnold-based.jpg (850x400, 76K)

Train your mind

Attached: the-mind-always-fails-first-not-the-body.jpg (700x700, 727K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A52--FKUQgU

Attached: 1554867860504.jpg (2048x1726, 138K)

I have classes starting at 5:00pm mon/wed/fri and it's really hard to get myself out of bed when I don't necessarily have to. Still, I'd like to get going in order to get more shit done in my day. Often I set my alarm and wake up and there it is. I can't tell anymore how to do what I want to do so if anyone has any advice, please?

A consistent schedule makes everything easier. Wake up everyday at the same time, go to sleep at the same time.

How do I become interesting?
Being able to banter, shoot the shit, make people laugh, tell interesting stories.

I've got a job, friends, hobbies and people like me in general and I'm a good listener and became way more social but that last part is missing.

How do I make my parent's negativity stop affecting mentally?

How does one 'bounce back' or moreover get their shit together?
I used to have it, when I started uni, hit the gym, steady progress, was happy and healthy
then it all went to shit as I came closer to graduating
Now I'm years by without gym progress, not happy or healthy, made some stupid decisions that really fucked me and my life over
How can I get back on the wagon again before it's too late?

Thanks anons, also what is that bloomers haircut called, planning on getting it this week cause Lord knows I need to shave and get rid of this greasy mop

Attached: Andreas Achenbach.jpg (1800x1298, 3.04M)

Start small, babysteps.
Not everything at once because it will be overwhelming and tire you out.
Start by going to the gym again.

Just lifted weights for the first time in over a year (got really depressed)

Felt good

Bless me with future gainz

This is not fitness related

Please go away and stop spamming this board

Attached: 11855777_722923154479621_8493947392875985835_n.jpg (261x203, 12K)

I would also like to hear other anons response to this

Well boys
Made it 15 days nofap until I just busted a nuclear nut

danpena.co.uk/qla-for-dummies/

I sadly have to deal with this as well. I've learned to just ignore it. And if they try to get you in a conversation involving no productive end, try to keep the conversation swift while remaining neutral so they don't bring any negativity toward you. Always have something positive to say about anything they talk about to help keep the conversation nice. That should help in the long run so the negativity isn't present to you. But I'm not sure how to deal with it. Personally I just ignore it and remember it's pointless to let their negativity get to me.

You have to experience life more really. The get out of your comfort zone mantra kinda allows you to experience things that might be worth sharing as an interesting story to others.

Worth it?

>Being able to banter, shoot the shit
You practice that with your friends your whole life. Adolescence is nothing more than nonstop bants and roasting.
>make people laugh
Work on your delivery, but other than that I think some people are just born funny while others aren't.
>tell interesting stories.
To tell interesting stories you must either be involved in interesting events that you can retell as a story or learn how to tell good stories (spoiler alert, it involves lying and exaggeration)

Idk let's see if I'm more of an autistic spaz tomorrow at work

get a hobby, people like other people who have interests.

>around friends
>funny, charismatic, talkative
>around family
>antisocial, weird, one word answers
Does anyone else have this problem?

>get to gym to continue SL 5x5
>squat lmao 1.94 plate
>Fall forward and feel toe bend way too far back and crunch
>doc says probably broken

>sticky says have a plan
What do you do when your plan gets totally fucked up?

Even bench press involves anchoring your feet on the floor. The fuck am I supposed to to now?

Attached: CC6DA8C7-8FA4-4AD0-ADAF-18CB923462EC.png (1125x2001, 330K)

Haha, see? No one responded but me. Here's a (you)
Also filtered

What do? I'm 28 and think it's too late. I'm not young anymore and I was never happy with myself and my life. I don't feel like I want to get any older. I couldn't live my youth and don't want to experience getting older

I feel like I keep finding excuses to miss my workouts. Ever since I stopped a daily low-intensity workout routine and went for a 4 day split I feel like I'm losing motivation. Should I reduce intensity and go daily, stay on the 4 day and slay myself, or find a new routine? Feels like shit.

Find something you like. Had the same thing switching to FBW to PH3 then to PPL. I was just looking to maximize muscle growth anyway possible but then realized I'm not even enjoying the workout,stressed asf and missing days. So that destroys my maximizing science shit anyways. Just do a program you actually enjoy..

Just about being comfortable
Probably something with your family as well

someone post the roll image.

Weirdly enough I do enjoy the workout, but it's always difficult to start it. Then after a few days of being a lazy fuck (sans cardio) I get reinspired, start again, and stop.

I feel like I'm just not a fan of the effort over the workout itself.

>t. /fat/ guy losing

If the roll image keeps getting posted it's just going to shit up the thread

Dare I invest in crypto /sig/? My friend wants me to.

know that the most rewarding part of a man's life is his achievement. youth is overrated for men, and largely a string of mistakes and wasted time. you still have time to achieve.

I've failed at everything I set out to do today
Didn't work out, although I can't do it in a structured manner anyway
Didn't read anything
Didn't get up nor go to bed early
Too late now to focus
Probably will just watch an episode of anime and then go to sleep
Tomorrow I will likely fail again because nothing changed today
That is all

Does anyone have a good routine for a 130 lb 5'9 lanklet

I wanna get bulked and build muscle any tips?

I'm moving from one addicting game to the other.
How do I stop this?
I was finally able to give up CSGO fully. Then came CIV 5, and finally got that out of the way. Then League, and finally I deleted my account (which means if I want to play again I have to reinstall the game, and have to grind again to lvl 30 for ranked).
And I thought I was okay, and suddenly I found myself falling into lmao a maplestory private server out of everything.

I'm annoyed that I can't be like my friends - play in moderation and quit when it gets close to night time. But I just can't

>Can get as big as I want to
>Still have shit eyesight and need glasses

making progress but self-improvement is harder than I thought.

Attached: farmerwojak.jpg (640x640, 48K)

Right now, before you go to bed, do a few pushups or squats and read the first five pages of a book. You don't have to start perfectly, just start.

Today I collectively ran a mile for the first time since I started my gym routine 7 weeks ago.
I started off collectively running 1/5 of a mile and feeling like my lungs were gonna collapse.
also starting to see some muscle definition in my arms from the push-ups.
I'm getting there!

Attached: 1490322871929.jpg (640x640, 66K)

Should I cut Jow Forums off? It's a fun place to pass time on and sometimes learn new stuff but a lot of the posts here are demeaning and belittling, and despite knowing better than to let it get to me or take it seriously, at times it hits an insecurity and makes me doubt myself.
Maybe I'm just being a giant pussy about it, but has anyone here taken a break from Jow Forums before and how did it affect them?

How can a man become better?
my coping mechanisms have run so deep I can hardly bring myself to leave the house.
What are your secrets anons? Do I just have to break myself and rebuild?

I'm much too tired to be able to do that. Those "few pushups" confer showering and eating and stuff, the exercise in itself isn't terribly hard.

>what is LASIK

Trying to wake up and go to sleep early every day, this feels harder than it should be.

FOOT BORKED
WHAT DO?

Attached: 37B788EE-BE24-4237-8E74-9830C544D028.png (426x640, 363K)

How do I find hobbies I enjoy Jow Forums? I'm currently in a really rigorous grad program so I don't really have time outside of school, lifting, eating, activities of daily living, and I try to fit in like 2 hours of relaxation a day. I'm currently not worried about it right now because I know school takes up most of my time but once I'm out in the real world I don't want to be a loser without any hobbies he can claim for himself. Currently all my interests are "consumer" based rather than "creator" based.

Attached: 1.jpg (600x568, 39K)

Words are the biggest niggers of our society

when you say 2 hours of relaxation time, is that time you want to spend with your brain switched off?

Going for 202.5kgs diddly, wish me luck

>cleaned and organized my living room
>then my yard
>then my kitchen
>then the bathroom
>then my room
>start lifting
>finally was able to stick to working out for more than 3 weeks for first time ever
>learned how to cook
>learned about macros, began paying attention to everything
>was 196lbs in January, 179lbs today. Lost 3lbs of fat in the last 2 weeks with no lean mass loss.
>stronger than ever
>just noticed some definition in biceps I've never noticed before
>determined to see my abs this year by eating clean and exercising.

I've been doing really good so far this year. I'm just worried about being tired and not focused on the other things I'm working on after going to work, exercising, meal prepping and eating.

I try to limit it to /sig/ now. I took a break for a month earlier this year without meaning to and I didn't miss it at all

Do whatever you need to do to recover, namely rest until your foot's healed. This will bum you the fuck out. When you come back, you will have to deload (the app calculates it for you quite nicely). But you don't really have a choice, and nobody will look down on you for it. The big thing is to keep up your motivation so that you can get back into your regular schedule when you're better. Don't let the inactivity dull your senses.

If it's any consolation, you're at a point where you could probably start fitting in some isolations that won't fuck your feet any further (curls, skull-crushers, chin-ups, etc.). You could use those to fill the void.

Attached: solidus-rippetoe.jpg (840x444, 63K)

how do i accept myself for who i am?

I really needed to hear this, thanks user.

Thanks. I think that is what I should do.
Maybe do girl-pushups and planks using my knees instead of my feet.

Not sure, that might put too much stress on the lower limbs and force me to bend/use my toes.

I'm in uni and have went from straight 90s to failing because I lack the drive to go on. I've tried therapy, (((antidepressants))), and have attempted to track my progress of short term habits daily. This was relatively successful for several months , but ultimitely failed. Now I'm in a place somehow worse off than before, and the clock is ticking before my actions cause me drop out of uni for good and become unemployable. How do I get things back on track?

Thanks for reading my blog

Used to be at your position. Didn't fix my shit. Dropped out after 3 years on prestigious uni. No degree. Went from a smart kid to a looser neet. I don't know how, but fix your shit ASAP user, you don't want to end up like me.

Now I'm back at other uni, but I lost 3 years and also my degree will have less value. But at least I'm not at the bottom.

What I would recommend you is book Mind for Numbers by Barbara Oakley, or course on coursera com called Learning how to learn. The course and the book are the same, pick one what is better for you. It will give you lot of techniques how study effectively and not procrastinate.

Attached: 41jOvUQ+dhL.jpg (333x500, 32K)

I’ve been meeting with a therapist for the last couple of weeks. Originally signed up for it because I was having a difficult semester and my school provided it for free. I can get laid if I wanted to but I would prefer to find a meaningful relationship. Today I told my therapist about an experience I had when I was young.
>be me
>be in middle school
>had a crush on the hottest, kindest girl in school
>graduate without ever making a move on her
>freshman year in high school
>be waiting at the bus stop
>I see her again, across the street, going into McDonald’s as my bus is arriving
>left with a choice, go home or make my move
>decided to go talk to her
>we eventually trade numbers
>she calls me first
>I call her once a month to talk
>she realizes I’m a beta with low self esteem the more we talk, even says it herself
>”user, I can tell that you have low self esteem”
>always ask her to call me back or to make plans to hang out
>she never does
>tell her how much I love her and she tells me she has a BF
>One night in the second half of my sophomore year I call her
>we’re on the phone for an hour but we say very little
>hang up
>I am furious
>realize I threw away years of my life on this chick and decide never to talk to her ever again
>life goes on

Part 2

>years later
>I’m at the train station coming home from a date
>suddenly I hear my name from behind my
>turn around and see her again
>I can feel every hair on my body stand up
>we greet and catch up, and everything is going normally at first
>but then.....
>”hey, can I tell you something important I’ve been wanting to tell you?”
>”sure, what’s up user?”
>smile as I say “I really hate you. Like, complete. But if you still what to be friends I suppose I can still treat you like a friend”
>she’s confused
>”oh, well, thank you”
>she can see my fist shaking
>train pulls in
>wipe one of the seats clean
>look at her standing behind me through the reflection on the glass
>she has this look on her face of shock, confusion, and fear
>I didn’t expect her to want to sit next to me now, she never called me back, or asked me to hang out, let alone sit next to me but I let her anyway
>we stay quite the whole ride
>I get of before her and haven’t seen her since then
>I’m a 24 yo kissless virgin and heard that she’s married

My therapist thinks that this memory has subconsciously effected my interactions with people, that I subconsciously anticipate failure to build meaningful relationships. If so that would explain my fear or rejection. So what now? How do I fix this?

Not that you'll want to hear it, but your issue actually is low self-esteem. You build self-esteem by accomplishing things that are meaningful and difficult *for you*. Good luck.

not him, but thanks for reminding me about this. i need to get on the train again.

similar thing happened to me in high school, but it never really affected me like you. i had success with women later on in life. my past haunts me sometimes, and not experiencing innocent, teenage love is quite crushing when you're older. but i just deal with it. idk man, life's not fair. it's healthier for us to come to terms with how things were.

Practice, practice and more fucking practice.

You shouldn't hate her. She never stringed you along, you did it yourself. Moreover, you never loved her, you were infatuated with the idea of her.

How do you guys deal with a family member being terminally ill? My mom doesn't have a diagnosis for when she's going to die but her health is pretty bad and she ends up in the hospital a lot. It's only gotten worse and it keeps me up at night and messes with my psyche.

Have you tried shutting up and doing your homework instead of medication? Realize that you have a massive opportunity that two thirds of the world will never have access to and you squandering it is fucking childish. Just forget the words "I don't want to".

I hit ego death on a ruck march. It was a measly 10 miles with 50lbs on my back. Took around 3 hours. It seemed the longer it took the worse my breakdown became. I almost quit, but I didn't because I didn't want to let my peers down (who were also suffering). Once you get to a point where you're like
>FUCK THIS SHITTTTT AAAAAAAAAAAAA
It's the worse feeling ever. Makes everything else in life feel a bit easier compared to a heavy ruck march. Came back home and feel more mentally tough because of it.

You should try it, but don't go at it alone coz you will not last more than an hour and it will be too easy to quit, needs a structured setting.

Attached: tacticute.jpg (639x960, 58K)

Sorry to hear that, user. All I can recommend is to make as many good memories with her as you can now. Take her to the beach or a restaurant. Or a zoo.

Be genuinely interested in others. You say you're a good listener, but are you an active one? People love to talk about themselves so listen closely and probe them with "cold reading" (look this up). It will instantly make you seem like the interesting one. Personally I never reveal too much about myself to people but I seem to get along with everybody and have rich relationships

How do I into slav mode?
How do I develop this leg strength?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Y7oKPdV70

Attached: slav.webm (480x360, 605K)

Eat more and lift heavy. Find calorie rich, healthy food you enjoy. Find a routine with a low rep range. Stick with it