ONEITIS : Who uses it and why

I think this mating strategy is used with the idea that affection for her can be intimated to her over the course of time until it reaches a bursting point where you finally reveal to her that you have lusted for her and ONLY her for such a long time and she'll be charmed by this. It's like putting all your ability points into one thing with the idea that if you were to show interest in more than one girl and distribute your points amongst them, then there won't be enough points to get any one of them.
This idea that she will be exceptionally charmed by the idea that you "have had a crush on her exclusively" for a long time is actually pretty ridiculous when you look at it. Yet it feels like the best idea when you're doing it. There's a feeling of entitlement, like you've put in the "work" and demonstrated the requisite devotion and you've been "good" instead of "bad, like all those other greedy assholes who spread their ability points out", so now you have maximized your chances and she owes you sex and should be your girlfriend.
It's a good way to avoid having people say to you, "WHO do you think you are?" since you're not qualified to be a player. It's basically an "I don't want to get in trouble, I'm a good boy" behavior.
It's making it so that your main selling point is that you are loyally lusting after her for a long time and it should count for something. Demonstrating and telling about your loyalty before entering into a relationship doesn't get her pussy wet though. This strategy says "I am banking on professed loyalty being the most important thing and it's really all I've got. I don't think I have a chance otherwise."

Do we betas always develop oneitis as a mating strategy? Does Chad or Tyrone ever use it?

Attached: 1524141661729.jpg (524x697, 370K)

nah, oneitis is the result of media forcing the concept of emotional faithfulness as an attractive trait down people's throats. Hapless betas take it at face value rather than seeing it as the smokescreen of rationalization that women put up as their excuses for shy the fuck chad and tyrone instead of billy beta.

"I just feel co connected to chad ('s cock), tee hee"

This doesn't exactly contradict what I'm saying. This strategy is safe and presentable, so it might get put into some G movies.

I can't even relate to this. It just sounds like one big rationalization for orbiting while at the same time doing the very things that turn women off. Guys who behave this way are hopeless, but I don't think they even want to improve.

It's a holdover from living in small villages where you know everyone for your whole life.

Yeah, I do this with the intention of avoiding sexual intercourse. I want to have a moment where I reveal that I have oneitis and then kill myself.

I think this is some pathetic attempt at sarcasm, but if it indeed is, you're missing the point so badly that I can't be sure regardless

This. Our technology and living situation has changed far faster than our minds have adapted to it.

>I can't even relate to this. It just sounds like one big rationalization for orbiting while at the same time doing the very things that turn women off.
Do you live in a big city? I'm a city kid and I kinda wish I knew what it was like to have a oneitis or the same group of people in my life for several years. I feel like most city kids rotate schools or houses and don't get to experience shit like a oneitis.

It's not sarcasm. I WANT to orbit without actually ever consummating it. I know now that it will turn the girl off. I don't want to improve.
Why did you add "pathetic" in front of "attempt at sarcasm"?

Not sure I agree entirely.

I mean it may be true for some people but everyone is different.

Whenever I have had a oneitis I simply found myself solely interested in that person for whatever reason. I didn't even clock other women during that time. I don't feel like it was a mating strategy I was consiously implementing.

You make the assumption that all human psychology and behavior is logically coherent and goal oriented. It isn't.

>Whenever I have had a oneitis I simply found myself solely interested in that person for whatever reason.
There aren't multiple oneitis(es). Anything past 18 is just a longterm crush/infatuation/unrequited love. The way I see it, a oneitis develops during teens at the latest and is someone constantly in/near your life.

>You make the assumption that all human psychology and behavior is logically coherent and goal oriented. It isn't.
I have to remember this at least once a day, usually.
t. aspergers

My Oneitis is taken and doesnt want me no matter how hard I tried so I have went for the next best thing wich is cloning her.

You agree. Human behavior is logical and goal oriented, you are just too stupid to understand that the goal can be unconscious. Lots of things are unconscious to you because of how stupid you are.

>IhatemyfatherBUTMYMOTHERHADGHOODGENES.jpg

That ass looks comfy desu.

>these tattoos

why would a girl do this to her ass

It absolutely isn't. You are plain incorrect on that. Deal with it.

And nowhere in my post did I say this behavior cannot be born from the subconscious. I simply felt that based on how the OP and some of the responses were worded that the implication was that it was a conscious effort to implement a mating strategy.

Either way it could be argued that all conscious thought and behavior is born from the subconscious. It's just that we have a tendency to perceive ourselves in a way that makes us feel this is not the case.

This brings up a very simple point that had a really huge impact on me.

The attempt to get a girl by confessing your feelings to her is a very bad idea. The only possible positive outcome is if she just so happens to feel exactly the same way.

That said, the chances that said female has been repressing her feelings the same way is incredibly slim. Females don't depress their feelings. If they wanted you as bad as you want them it would have never gone this far before she let you know.

Short version: If you're dying to confess your love for someone, there is a 99.% chance they don't feel the same

Yes, the oneitis approach is based on the idea that the revelation will be a gift to her somehow

It starts out unconscious and now I've realized I've been doing this. After that, I kept repeating it anyways consciously, because I am a beta and it's the only chance betas have.