God doesn't exist, why haven't you accepted it yet?

God doesn't exist, why haven't you accepted it yet?

Attached: 1537949470114.png (560x560, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblestudytools(.)com/bible-study/topical-studies/the-old-testament-is-filled-with-fulfilled-prophecy-11652232.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That doesn't matter because we have the ability to create God

Attached: 1527539004725.jpg (640x705, 55K)

Because I know he exists.

which one?
I'm asking an original question

Why do you say He doesn't exist? The Bible proves, through fulfillment of philosophy, its own validity. And in it, God makes Himself known for you

>tfw no cute atheist gf

Attached: 1516834924239.jpg (360x300, 10K)

Fulfillment of prophecy*
What do you mean by that? God cannot be created by definition. Maybe a god, but not God

"the book is true because the book says it's true"

Attached: 1512287655455.png (936x772, 28K)

If you're who I think you are, you're either baiting or you're a bigger baby about this than I thought. That image helps explain it either way.

That's not what I said though. Historical events were predicted before they happened. Things outside of the book

like what?
don't fuckin' say the usual "there's gonna be wars bullshit"

no, the book was updated and re-written by rich people and jews.

It predicted airplanes.

This is where you post examples.

If jews rewrote it how come they didn't make themselves innocent? The new testament makes them out to be soulless monsters for the most part.

bloody hell, if you are not baiting, you must be the dumbest motherfucker on this site

that's what they want you to believe, you have been foiled by the jew, yet again

Literally just Google it. Hypocrites. biblestudytools(.)com/bible-study/topical-studies/the-old-testament-is-filled-with-fulfilled-prophecy-11652232.html

So they destroyed all of the old Bibles? Proof?

well, I read this one book about it

The church is a money grubbing institution filled with delusional zealots that stunt our evolution as a species.

how old are you btw?
less than 20 or more?

>God doesn't exist so worship ME A WOMEN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yikes

That was the point all along.

24 soon to be 25

you frickin heretics are going to heck

hmm prooof?

If an all divine being is created in the future it means that god exist at this very moment you brainlet

Exactly, which means it already existed and thus was outside of time from the beginning. You cannot create a specific thing which already exists. You can create instances of the same type of thing, but not the same thing

Bible wasn't even a thing untill the 15th century when the canon was decided, and books deteriorate quite fast, so you have to keep making copies. Couple this with the fact that for centuries, it was illegal under penanlty of torture and death to contradict the Church in any way.
I think you get the picture.

Well good then we've established that the biblical god is not real but a god does actually exist.

Theist 1
Atheist 0

Attached: the-struggle-george-richardson.jpg (900x689, 258K)

I accepted it when I was 12 after classic edgy
>Why do mommy and her bf fight so much
Thoughts started happening in my head. After that, I had an existential crisis for a few months until I got used to it. Many of these fags are only religious cause of pol bullshit anyway

Attached: 1546647664461.jpg (612x373, 27K)

Also you're implying that we're the only people who can create gods. Scratch this post. God is real

Right, so it's not perfect. That doesn't make it a complete falsification. Translations aren't perfect either, it's still the truth. The fact that it was illegal to contradict the church sways in favor of the Bible's validity

It's literally a book made by the rulers of a feudal system, tailored to their needs and then enforced on their subjects, ie. slaves. If you didn't openly confess to believe it to be true you were burned to death. Sounds trustworthy.

Yes we all have the capacity to be gods as we have divinity in us. This also grants us the power to create gods. You can even argue the validity of some polytheistic religions being able to coexist with Christianity. The important thing is to make the distinction of the God who is above all

>whore attempting to share thoughts
Ew

half of those "prophecies" are completely vague, the other half is just straight up bullshit + there's literally 0 evidence that would show that these "prophecies" did not appear until the listed events (assuming they actually happened exactly like the bible predicted)

Jesus, you fags need to start cancer threads over everything, don't you? I hate to say it, but I'd almost prefer the traps to this irredeemable garbage. At least they're more easily dispelled, every religion thread has both sides locked in pointless fervor over their belief system and criticize any complaint over the topic itself being used as an attack. In fact, I don't remember them taking place since the 2000's, I thought we'd finally settled this shit. Just fucking go away, all of you.

The Bible doesn't even assist in that narrative. It preaches Truth and Love. What they enforced was their inaccurate interpretation of the Bible, but they believed their own insanity. The last chapter in the Bible clearly states that the word is not to be altered

What would it take to prove it beyond you being alive at the time. What would you consider sufficient evidence of an historical event?

It preaches meekness and subservience to wordly rulers. It's a book forced on the serfcucks to keep them in check. Edited numerous times throughout history.

That's not true, really Jesus was the original ghandi, a peaceful protester. That's what turn the other cheek means, if they hit you let them hit you again. They need you and will submit to your demands if you don't submit to them. Of course walk on wall street was the death of peaceful protesting so that doesn't matter anymore.

No, it doesn't. Again, that may be your poor interpretation, but I'm skeptical of it even being that. Sounds more like you heard somebody else say something along those lines and you soaked it up

Peaceful protest doesn't accomplish anything. India may be free on paper, but the Indian people are still bonded.
After talking to you I've come to the conclusion that you're quite unintelligent.

Let me put a finger in your butt.

Peaceful protest accomplishes a fuckton. Who are the Indian people bonded to what's your point? African americans got their rights through peaceful protest.

I like this one the best.
Please no bully :^(

Attached: 1543936560386.png (491x1976, 421K)

I already have.
You're 10 yrs too late op.

International oligarchs.

that thing makes a lot of assertions with no evidence.

God definitely exists, almost all cultures agree that there is a creator.
The psychopathic being known as Yahweh doesn't exist though.

>But change is the actualization of a potential. It is real
If you can disproove this, you disproove it all.

Ah, well then you may want to hone your skills pertaining to judgement, because your conclusion is not correct. Although I'd love to hear your reasoning

>believing there are multiple gods
>understanding this little about religion
Shit religions like fairy tales of the Greeks, Romans, and Scandinavians (only used because the retards needed a way to explain natural phenomenon) and the drug-induced shit like a 7 armed blue woman from Poopistan aside, there is only one true god.
How you choose to address him/it/her/your mom/my schlong is your own thing. Your interpretation thereof is also left entirely to you (although some texts, especially in this day and age when everyone can write a bunch of bullshit and make a deal with some Jews to make it a NYT bestseller are obviously very deceiving).

>Shit religions like fairy tales of the Greeks, Romans, and Scandinavians (only used because the retards needed a way to explain natural phenomenon) and the drug-induced shit like a 7 armed blue woman from Poopistan aside, there is only one true god.
because the fairy tales of sand people are so much better and make so much more sense...

>believing in fairy tales at all
I can know God exists and not believe in a fairy tale

You have an extremely strong case of confirmation bias. Something you pratically never see in an intelligent person, unless that person is mentally ill.

i accepted that he might not exist

Even if God doesnt exist i still respect how Christianity created ground to my country and is bringing my community together. Ideas behind my religion allow to have peaceful life, gives us directions and rules from the earliest stages of life so we can develop into cheerful humble adults.

I can accept that you don't believe in God, but than you are probably sad, lonely person and wasn't raised good by your parents.

Attached: nun.jpg (772x1000, 561K)

I accepted it long ago but religious people make life difficult for everyone.

And where did I use confirmation bias in my argument? By calling an interpretation incorrect? I can prove that the Bible doesn't simply preach meekness and subservience to corrupt authority. I'd that what you would like? I figured that there would be no point since you're not open to it to begin with

Confirmation bias is not something you use in an argument, it's the unconscious drive that causes you to accept such shoddy arguments with apparent(though I think it is feigned) certainty.
Now as I said, I don't think there is much point in arguing with you, because I don't think you are very intelligent. We could talk to each other for hours and get nowhere.

Jesus was so peaceful! Lets forget about the part where he freaks out, pulls out a whip and starts hitting people for selling chickens in a church.

So holding beliefs based on poor or little information? That's some strong cognitive dissonance there my friend. I'm factually intelligent, that's no interpretation. Yet you refuse to have a discussion because of your confirmation bias.

You can always dress up your posts like that to get responses, but at some point people will realize how ridiclous the topic is and save their breath. You wouldn't want to debate a flat earther either I assume.

Yea no shit,atheist are the sluttiest and most vile kind of woman.
Seeing one claiming god doesnt exist while spouting astrology bullshit is side obliterating funny.

Moneychangers i.e. Jews deserve more than a whipping, they deserve to be slowly lowered into acid feat first.

God is a man made concept though up through a series of drug trips and kept to explain the unexplainable at the time. Why Grog die? Grog die because god. It's still held onto because ancient people were so tribal that they fought for it and ingrained it into their society and now kids grow up with it like they grow up with santa, except parents eventually tell kids santa doesn't exist. There are things that we dont know, and as humans we dont like this and want answers, but making up our own answer isnt and answer. God is an imaginary best friend to thank when good things happen and to fear when things go wrong. Some would say belief in a greater being ia weak minded, but I doubt that. People cant help being addicted to what they were raised on.
A caveman was sad his friend died.

Now you warship something you have never seen and gladly bend over for him when life cucks you over. There is no heaven waiting for you. There is no hell. And because people think there is another perfect life waiting for them, they have made our current world into hell.

Theism is outdated.

Attached: Screenshot_20181228-192116_Gallery.jpg (1438x1461, 451K)

Yeah man you are really selling this christianity thing to me. Same as every other religion.

>I'm spiritual but not religious
Is there any bigger red flag?

>Why Grog die? Grog die because god.
I don't think anyone believes this

I want to debate anyone who honestly believes they can challenge the things that I've come to understand. That means that one, or both, of us is wrong. Unless it's a miscommunication issue and we actually both agree.

Also, have you been so deluded to think that the truth is something "dressed up?" What does that even mean? I'm simply speaking what I believe to be the truth

You dress up your post with formal terms and concepts to mask that you actually believe some old book proves itself to be the absolute truth, which you base on your supposed idea of some historical consensus(surely you would dismiss any historian you disagree with as being wrong simply for disagreeing), and some shoddy tautologies made by monks and other scholars, that have since been thouroughly debunked and discredited(again I imagine that you dismiss criticism for the sole reason that it is criticism).
I could ask my 10 year old nephew to believe this and he would laugh in my face. Your beliefs are so silly that no one intelligent will ever take you seriously, no matter how much you talk about (and that is all you really do, talk about, never apply) your intellectual integrity.

Shut the fuck up useless roastie, no decent man will ever want you and your stupid beliefs

Attached: repent sinner.png (169x241, 117K)

Depends.i would be tempted to say that people can be gueninely spiritual,but id say they dont mention it like that and it shows by theyre behaviour ect...
But yeah that kind of shit is a huge red flag,basically "im not like the other girl teehee".

I'm lonely and I thought that maybe an ominpotent benevolent superbeing would maybe put up with me and possibly be my friend.

Two simple Google searches: one historians+prove+biblical, the other historians+disprove+biblical; clearly show that almost no historians have disproven biblical validity. You're up your own ass, my friend. I speak properly, that's not "dressing" anything up, it's called clear communication and rich vocabulary

bc im not a stupid dumb roastie

You wrote exactly as I described. You only really want to debate from the starting point of me accepting all the riddicolous premises that your confirmation bias has led you to accept.
It is quite pointless you see. Like talking to a child.

You're claim is as rooted in faith. Fuck off.

I have I found church to be boring, CCD was just boring.

I'm not sure how I can help you. The only thing you want me to say is that I'm flat wrong; without contending with any of my reasoning, despite my refutation of your points on a impartial basis. Do you want me to present a 20 page thesis?

Its sad to see people still arguing about this.

Attached: notevenbait.jpg (625x626, 46K)

Ever notice how obsessed atheists are with God? Think about how often you have religion mentioned to you, how many of those are genuine religious people preaching the gospel and how many of those are atheists who spend their entire lives hating something they do not believe in. Want to be let in on a little secret? This is because deep down Atheists do believe in God, and they cope with this belief with a deep hatred of him so they do not appear a fool in their own eyes.
Want proof?
Debate any atheist and see how long it takes them to say "well even if God did exist" before a flimsy reason against faith.
Notice on how many of their arguments revolve around how God is evil instead of God doesn't exist. Surely if you wanted to prove the non existence of a mythical character their morality would be irrelevant correct?
Honestly there are few things in this world that really make God look real than to see the franticness and spite in every atheist's heart. After all even if religious people were just dumb and gullible, why would every atheist revolve their entire personalities against them? They say its because religious people have all the power but with 1.5 billion abortion deaths one must eventually question this response.The answer should be really simple if you have been following along. Atheists despise the religious because they are not humble enough to accept the inner beliefs of their heart and thus lash out at those who are.

Attached: christian1.png (1080x1164, 1.36M)

Your reasoning is flawed. You accept opinions of some historians and deny the opinions of others simply because they don't agree with you(confirmation bias).
You also fail to recognize that in history, you are only ever dealing with opinions, based on very scant evidence, and any true knowledge of the past is impossible.
You also think you have "refuted my points" when all you did was contradict me. It really is like talking to a child.

Haha, can you post a single response without trying to make yourself feel better by insulting my intelligence? I accept the opinions of both, but I didn't see a single historian that disproved the historical events of the Bible, while I saw countless instances of proof. How is that biased? If you want to say that we can't trust history at all then that's fine, but this is the first time I see you making that argument. It's much more difficult to prove concretely if you don't believe history and I'll gladly concede based on that

Are you thinking I read a bunch of historians accounts disproving the Bible and just discarded them as lies? That's not what happened. I didn't see ANY that claimed to be able to disprove the history

First of all there is no proof in history. Proof belongs to logic and math. Already went over that in my post.
Now you treating some opinions as proven(ie. true) is a symptom of your lacking intelligence and your confirmtion bias. You can't possible have an intelligent discussion with someone who goes from "plausible at best" to "I know this is true".

You,i like you.
Funny how no atheist even bothers answer this.

Attached: fb101b32a7e795224efa980ae99e28fb--joana-d-arc-king-of-kings.jpg (541x852, 97K)

Sorry, I should be more clear: I saw instances claiming proof and none claiming refutation, I didn't even bother to read them because none claimed to disprove the historical events as you mentioned they would when you said that I would automatically disagree with those historians. You can most certainly prove that historical events did or did not take place within a reasonable doubt, how do you think trials work? And lastly you can most certainly prove an opinion to be true unless it is entirely subjective (e.g. I like the taste of carrots).

>Ever notice how obsessed atheists are with God?

We're really not, you just don't know we're atheists until it's brought up. We've probably posted together quite enjoyably in some other thread.

You really just don't get it. Proof is certain. It belongs to logic and math. You go from axioms to certain conclusions.
There is no proof even in Science and History is not even Science.
Historians don't prove or disprove. They offer their opinions. If you ask historians, did Biblical figures actually exist, some will say I think so, some will say I don't think, and other will say anything in between.
You can make arguments like mythical figures usually have some basis in reality or the opposite, that they are often agalamations of several distinct figures, but never once are you proving anything.
You say "reasonable doubt", and that is again purely an opinion. Reasonable doubt is not quantitative.
Now can you even say in your own opinion that something happened a thousand years ago beyond any reasonable doubt? You would have to be touched to think so.

Ah, okay. So you would say that you're not even sure that say, the American Revolution even happened? Now I'm getting you, you realize that this is not considered a reasonable position generally? Without certain presuppositions it's pretty much impossible to operate in the world. So let's start with what you know to be true. What is that?

So when I say thousand years, you take that to mean any amount of time before I was born?
Dishonest or plain stupid. I'm out for good this time.

No, there's no one alive from that time so you have to trust the writings that were passed down. I'm trying to work with your logic. You were begging the question with what you asked me: if I say no then I'm invalidating what I've said, if I say yes you've already decided that I must be insane. So instead I proposed to dial back the presuppositions to where you're comfortable.

she looks like she gets fucked by black guys

I don't know why this wouldn't work, but here you go

Attached: dink.png (586x344, 24K)

I feel like this is a bait but since asked for it, I will answer this as an agnostic atheist.
>Ever notice how obsessed atheists are with God?
Some most certainly are. Mostly those will be teenage edgelords who build their entire personality around their lack of belief probably in societies where atheists are in minority and they connect this contradiction to "being cool" or unique.
>Think about how often you have religion mentioned to you
In real life: Mostly my grandma, once or twice a Jehova Witnesses, in middle school my friend asked me "why am I not an evil person if I don't believe in God". On the internet: a lot of atheists in threads like this.
>Atheists do believe in God
Then by definition, they are not atheists just pretending to be.
>"well even if God did exist" before a flimsy reason against faith.
Proof by contradiction is a valid and common form of proof.
>Surely if you wanted to prove the non existence of a mythical character their morality would be irrelevant correct?
Incorrect. If we want to prove the non-existence of the mythical character that in their definition has that he is good then proving that he can't be, automatically disproves his existence. There can be no contradictions in the system or we will be able to prove anything from it (principle of explosion).
>Atheists despise the religious
I do not despise my grandma nor my friends. Just because I disagree on something with someone doesn't mean that I hate them.
Also some more clarifications:
As an agnostic atheist, I do not believe the God exists but do not cross out the possibility of higher being existing. However, that does not mean that I do not cross out the possibility of some very specific kinds of higher beings existing (see those that contradict themselves in their definition).
I do not hate religion in general even if I think that its basis is untrue. I also look at its outcome and judge that. Teaching morality, unifying society, giving purpose. That's nice.