On the topic of mental wellness, how do my fellow Jow Forums brothers find purpose in life?

On the topic of mental wellness, how do my fellow Jow Forums brothers find purpose in life?

I lift, eat right and live a clean life, but I still feel bad most of the time because I feel purposeless and meaningless. I feel like I'm just floating through life with no direction. Anyone else feel similar?

Attached: brendanTHICC.jpg (1080x1350, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1m5nHXM7DTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you in your early-late 20s? Most people (including myself feel that way.)

It's good to write down personal goals to strive for besides beating your 1RM. I'd say pick up or work on an existing hobby and take time to master that.

Also, stop fucking going to Jow Forums to seek medical advice, go see a goddamn professional therapist/psychiatrist and have them diagnose you.

And I'm really happy with Brendan. I'm glad he's acting again and he's really good in Doom Patrol.

Attached: 1554772737153.jpg (563x1003, 109K)

Get a honorable girl, marry her and get kiddo. You will have meaning and purpose till the day you die.

Just turned 25. I actually find talking on Jow Forums more therapeutic than going to a psychologist or therapist. A lot of fellow anons feel and think the same things I do and it's really comforting having people along with you for the ride. Unlike some person who can't relate to you, sitting in an arm chair and collecting $100/hour.

I have been on Jow Forums since 2004. Back when cockmongler was a new meme in /b/ and everyone thought Azumanga Daioh was the shit.

I'm here still, never left. The difference is that I got a wife, two kids, nearly paid mortgage and no other loans.

This place, like user 50450631 said, is the place where I can retreat and just be myself. It's a therapeutic thing.

Also, I found my purpose in life when my wife got very badly depressed. Having to take care of her, the family, the mortgage, the house, full time job and gym in the evenings gave me a purpose. To fucking grind through this immense burden and maybe seeing some light in the end of the tunnel.

I have a decent job and a gf who says she loves me, but I also feel lost and aimless.

I had the urge to throw it all away enlist in the military, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone else relate?

Attached: 1552275827708.jpg (858x821, 359K)

Same. For some reason I want to be drafted into a war. Which sounds utterly retarded. It's like a part of me wants to experience extreme hardships and tragedy in order to just feel and experience something.

here.

It's the feeling of burden and actually doing something for your community. I also had passing thoughts of joining some operation abroad.

Dude.

Therapeutic, sure. Miserable people love seeing other people miserable because it makes them feel less lonely. It helps but it can only do so much. EVERYBODY here is a jaded fuck and the longer you stay here and dwell on your issues, the faster you'll become corrupted too. It'll be an endless spiral.

Yes, it can feel like you're paying to talk to a robot who doesn't give a fuck about you but again, they're professionals. They understand how the human mind works and why you're thinking this certain way, they've studied for YEARS on how to treat you. Are you going to dismiss that help?

If it helps, you can treat yourself as an unsolved equation that they literally know the answer to solving.

I'm telling you, all you're going to get here is
>same user, I am also lonely/depressed. let me tell you my entire story and make this thread about me while I occasionally empathize with you
>SS+GOMAD
>just b urself lol
>go get a gf
>suicide/fucking kys
>go shoot up a place lol the world is ur oyster
>post body
>t. cope manlet/baldlet/fatty/roastie/etc.

But, on the topic of actual advice, maybe writing an outline to your life, specifically your wants, needs, desires, etc will help give you some answers. Here's some prompts.
>Are you career driven? What's your end goal in 5-10 years, realistically.
>Same question but fantasize, dream-job, etc.
>Are you open to travel the world and experience other cultures?
>Any places you always wanted to move to?
>Do you want a family? Kids?
>If you DO want kids, what can you do to give them a good life?
>Any specific hobbies? If so, what can you do to improve? If not, what hobby interest you? (cooking, painting, instrument, etc)
>Have you ever contributed any good to this world, no matter how small? You ever work in a soup kitchen?

Seriously OP, hope you get out this rut soon. And I really hope you get some form of help besides this place. Good luck, man.

Attached: 1440092994956.jpg (343x291, 51K)

Make sure you have a career plan. It's ok to feel lost if you have a future, it's not ok to ignore feeling lost if you're gonna be working manual labor till you die like me.

Jow Forums does feel a bit like group therapy, but it really isn't, because you almost never get good advice from it, neither do you walk away from your computer feeling like you've satiated your need for socialization.

Agreed, I felt like I was just throwing my money away when I went to therapy. It feels no different from talking to anyone else.

>went to therapist a year ago
>told him everything and that I spend most of my time online
>asks what websites I spend my time on
>tell him Jow Forums.org, mainly Jow Forums
>next session
>he tells me that he looked into it and I should avoid "toxic" online communities

Sounds like he knows what he's talking about, desu senpai.

So you remember a tripfag that went by ennui? It’s been for people like OP for over ten years, someone even took the feeling as a trip.

Yeah, I do, even though I didn't really follow Jow Forums until 2012.

Having children is the answer, user.

i mean he wasnt wrong

My purpose in life is to have children which uphold my family's and ancestors' honour, and continue my bloodline, especially with the certain traits I have (like blue eyes for instance).
>not lifting to be the best father you can be

Attached: 3a3f533e34adc9f97c74eb9803f6e532.jpg (600x870, 45K)

But what if you are a child? A man child?

If you make benevolence your core guiding life value.

If you try to make a habit of benevolent thoughts and actions - towards yourself and others...

You'll find a sense of purpose will come into your life.

youtube.com/watch?v=1m5nHXM7DTk

A life chasing sensory or material pleasures, and narcissism, will never lead to fulfilment.

Attached: feet.jpg (736x931, 106K)

>get into a military job
>have some fun, blow shit up
>die by saving my squad from getting fucked over (jumping on a grenade sort of shit)

Literally nothing else
I'm fucked in the head and i LOVE IT

She thicccc

You have to invent a purpose for yourself and/or get religion. I suggest picking up a few skill based hobbies that you can progress on indefinitely. For example, I write fiction and read. I'll never be done writing and I'll never finish my reading list.

Also gf

Therapy is trash. I've never met a therapist who was actually interested in my problems or sympathetic to them.

My God could you guys just stop with these threads. Not everyone is a horny 20 year old without a girlfriend.

Attached: 8A2429F6-4FC2-44D4-9BA7-18680EDDFE2A.jpg (400x343, 8K)

>I lift, eat right and live a clean life, but I still feel bad most of the time because I feel purposeless and meaningless. I feel like I'm just floating through life with no direction. Anyone else feel similar?
I found mine by doing the Life Purpose course on Actualized.org (no affiliation). The guy behind it is a smart motherfucker who's done tons of research on psychology.

TAKE PSYCHEDELICS!

Attached: 1553650147688.jpg (570x568, 135K)

dat pizzagate logo tho

Prepare for the race war or general disaster

My purpose in life is to make sure my family is safe and secure.

Unironically this.

tldr

therapists are generally incredibly flawed people who are only in their job to solve their own problems

mental health threads belong on Jow Forums

>everyone here is so jaded
Nah bro, it’s just the couple ones like you that feel the need to put everyone else down. Go blog post somewhere else.

My guess is you never had a a parent/father figure who instilled direction or confidence in yourself.
So now you're in your 20's and feel like a bum.
It's very common. Most people try to find artificial meaning in life by having a family which is the worst thing to do.
Next is finding meaning through work. It's possible, but usually for people who always had that passion for a given career.
I was in your shoes. I never really felt any purpose or meaning in life until my dad died at 60 from cancer, w/in 6 weeks of being diagnosed.
That's when I realized all the litte things matter and that life is too short to care about things that don't bring happiness to my life.
I got an "I don't give a fuck" attitude. I don't tolerate whining, complaining, rude manners, etc from myself or others. No self pity.
So I completely removed all negative influences, people, family included, who brought no happiness or positive influence in my life.
I found a great Russian girl who is a physician. My change in attitude attracted her to me.
I left the job I hated, became my own boss, travel overseas 3x a year, and I can enjoy a cigar in my back yard with my dog thinking "life is good"
Imagine waking up and being a fkn Afghani boy getting raped by grown men? Imagine waking up and having no use of your limbs?
Imagine being so crazy, you talk to a garbage can like it's your best friend.
Those are people with real problems in life.
Attitude makes or breaks you. It controls your perception of reality, positively or negatively.
Once you can truly find solace and appreciation for your life, then things change

The christpill has given me lasting joy, especially when in fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ. However, if you are unable to take the leap of faith and believe in something abstract, why don’t you try and create a lasting legacy? Trying to be the best, fit, successful, talented man you can be and extending that on to your offspring is a lifelong and fulfilling journey that can Ben taken by any man.

Stockholm syndrome kickin in user? That trained professional is wrong. He doesnt know whats good for you. Stay here with us anons. :)

I really hope you figure it out, friend. You may just need to pick a direction and go.

Easier said than done. Needle in the haystack...

off topic but I really hope he stirred that thicc chocolate milkshake

Keep an open mind, but, check out The Holistic Psychologist on Instagram. Part of what therapy does is leads you to making the changes that you should make in your life. For those that truly want to change, it's probably easier and faster to figure it out for yourself.

I have a gf that says she loves me and I say that I love her too, but I don't know if I actually do or I'm just used to her being around for 5+ years

Turbobased, turboredpilled