Simulating manual labour

I work an office job that requires very little physical exertion. Going to the gym is fine but I want to achieve those rockhard lean muscles that old school manual labourers had so I was wondering how I could simulate this. My dad said hitting a tire with a sledge hammer for a few hours is a killer workout. Any other ideas?

Attached: 220px-RAILROAD_WORK_CREW_IMPROVES_THE_TRACKS_AND_BED_OF_THE_ATCHISON,_TOPEKA_AND_SANTA_FE_RAILROAD_N (220x149, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLALzUft8Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Youll just give yourself tendonitis slamming a hammer over and over. Manual labour does not build muscle
T. Do manual labour

I work in a factory and it's fucking hell. Keep your comfy office job.

Attached: 1412065384368.jpg (400x301, 32K)

Manual labour won't make you buffed. Quite the opposite, it's just a shitty cardio.

Also curious.

I work a comfy job where I literally sit around and watch tv for most of my day.

>tfw soft hands
>tfw baby looking face and body
>tfw wristlet

People still think I look 18 even though I’m 26. Meanwhile I’m always talking to guys who have thick, rugged hands and forearms, and they’re all tanned up and wearing their wranglers and steel toes. They just naturally look like more of a man. How can I achieve this look.

I was actually thinking about quitting my job to go work in a trade for a few years so I can roughen up

Attached: 96F0B57F-D89B-4B79-8BDA-68C5B099C944.jpg (730x1095, 199K)

>Going to the gym is fine but I want to achieve those rockhard lean muscles that old school manual labourers had so I was wondering how I could simulate this

Pure fantasy. Manual laborers look like shit because they have to eat massive amounts to keep up

Bucket method if you want manlier hands

Attached: maxresdefault (16).jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Manual laborers always look more aesthetic when they're still in their 20's. They never look huge, but they're usually lean and have some decent gains. They look natural, unlike gymbros who will pump their chests up and always have bad proportions. Manual laborers do go to shit once the hit like 30 though, once the alcoholism takes its toll.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLALzUft8Y

This. 40-50 hits these guys hard as backs and knees give out. No thanks. I’ll stick with my office job and lift at gym.
I unloaded trucks / bales of hay in hs and college every other day, but didn’t eat big. Ended up strong and wiry af. Skinny through college, and can confirm you don’t need to be yolked to get laid.

I’m most likely going to work at a warehouse or outdoor labor job this summer, does it interfere with lifting at all, or not really since anything you lift is fairly light? Does it make for good cardio?

if you are depressed you will have 0 will to do ANYTHING after work. just be undepressed and workout.

>People still think I look 18 even though I’m 26.
Enjoy the blessing and fuck qt3.141s

>grip training
>dig holes on the beach and then fill it back up. rinse and repeat
>heavy farmers walks
>front carries
>sandbag shit
>odd object shit

Go get a manual labor job you utter faggots.

>cosplaying as a man

Being a power linesman would be fucked

Just get a job as an earthworks labourer and dig all summer for 10 hour shifts. Or be a roofer. Either way you'll want to die and that's the key

Unironically do Crossfit

Was gonna be a sparky for a while so I know a decent enough about the trade. Linesmen are paid really well, have good benefits and hours since it's always a union job. It's extremely safe now especially in the USA and cad and other first world country's because of safety reg and procedures. If you're lucky enough you can get into a comfy city job just changing the pole lighting.

That being said its cold af in the winter and hot af in the summer but you get to enjoy the spring and fall and other nice days throughout the year

Oh yeah also forgot that it's extremely safe especially compared to early linesmen where 50% of them died since electricity was basically magic to them an bosses didn't give a fuck about your life

I worked a warehouse job, it was at least 110° and I was lifting ~100k lbs a week
Not enough time to focus on diet and gym and get enough sleep
I'm not a weak minded person but that place broke me
Surrounded by felons who want to steal your scissors because the company charges you $10 a piece for them

Digging (Back, forearm and grip)
hammering (Back, forearm and grip)
carrying (Back, legs and pretty much everything)
Constant walking
sun and heat
minimal breaks

Attached: 1415311302688.jpg (1252x1252, 402K)

Manual labor fucking sucks for gains though. All that happens is your joints and feet hurt like hell, you feel exhausted from working in the sun for 10, and you’re so strapped for time that you really only have time to pick up fast food.

This. When I was working in construction I actually used to day dream about having a shitty office job where I get to sit down in a room with AC.

Get a pile of gravel, move it around to a different area of your yard with a shovel.

As long as you don't mind your nosy neighbors wondering why the fuck you move rocks around your yard.

Usually the benefit of manual labor is that you're doing something productive, not just for muscle or shit's and giggles.

i cant recommend skilled labor enough,
i drank 10 beers a night, ate like shit, and had veins showing on my obliques. work was so fucking fun. but i bullshitted my way into a job building high end tech. i thought i was getting a dream job, but my boss is a cunt, im getting fat and depressed from being indoors all day. i hate this and want to go back soon. labor hurt my body, but the office hurts my soul.
the worst part was when my calloused man hands suddenly peeled into lady fingers over course of a week.

Attached: de6e150d779a12b87991b8af2fd9655f.png (224x351, 64K)

just have a tough life. my grandpa had the thickest fucking wrists I'd ever seen. he never went to the gym but his forearms looked ridiculously big. he was like 5'10 but because he was so fucking wide and had a brick of a skull he looked way shorter than that. he didn't have much of a neck either. like his head connected to his body. he fought against the soviets and they.

>Going to the gym is fine but I want to achieve those rockhard lean muscles that old school manual labourers

Are you retarded? SS+GOMAD then once you stop seeing gains transition over to a body building routine.

Manual laborers aren't going to be nearly as good looking as a body builder, not to mention manual labor is horrible for your joints and body. I have so many older friends who were carpenters and construction men who have had to have surgeries to repair their fucked up joints and bones. I swear to God every single one I know has a minimum of two limbs that have completely lost their full range of motion.

Form in weightlifting is explicitly designed to make you big and strong without causing injury or long term damage. Read the fucking sticky, get in a fucking gym, and learn to FUCKING DEADLIFT.

Manual labor blows.
My coworkers are all unhealthy.
Smoke, drink, eat shit food.
I and two others are the only ones I wouldn't consider obese.
Most of them get off work and drink heavily, get stoned etc.
It happens.
I'm fucking hungry nearly all the time and dog tired.
Still lift 4 days a week.
Some days it doesn't bother me at all in the gym, some days or weeks I'm fucking slammed at work and all I want to do is eat until I explode and then go to bed.
I would rather do it than an office job for the same money. But if something paid more and had more benefits, I'd take that job instantly.

You're coping with romantic notions of manual labor from jacked actors playing blue collar people in movies and greased up strippers in fireman costumes.

Manual labor sucks ass. The people who do it look like ass. Some are lean from meth but most are fat since people don't actually do that much labor and eat shit.

You'll throw out your back, get pain pills then get addicted and spiral out of control.

There's also nothing magic about manual labor for hypertrophy. There aren't "gym muscles" or "work muscles". Gyms offer the most ergonomic equipment to safely push yourself and have literally produced the most jacked people on Earth.

Stick to what works, not your fantasies

manual labour is romanticized

you can pick up landscaping gigs on the weekends or every once in a while to make some extra cash, get a taste of it, shoot the shit with some dudes, etc. all without committing your mind and body to it long term

You do a push and pull routine to make sure there's no front vs back muscle imbalance fucking up your shit.
When you do a job all day that works front they don't let you do a different job the next day that works back. You just keep doing jobs until you're a broken old man.

Lmao'ing at all of the LARPers or lazy fucks who have either never picked up a hammer once in their lives, or are otherwise just retarded. No OP you will not get the Hollywood "manual laborer" physique, but if you keep a well maintained diet and sleep enough (things you should be doing if you're lifting at a gym) then you will end up looking better than the average person. I did commercial roofing and I absolutely loved it, many companies will teach you what you need to know, and depending on your state you have the opportunity to join a union. Your body being damaged and injured earlier in life is not a meme though, and it is something to actively consider and think about. You don't notice it at first, or very fast at all, but you'll slowly begin to notice your flexibility isn't as good as it was, or you have a harder time bending over or squatting down to pick stuff up. Combat this with proper supportive exercises, stretches, and yoga if that's your cup of tea