Redpill me on Whey Protein

Redpill me on Whey Protein

Attached: 350281_1.jpg (350x350, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cleanlabelproject.org/our-mission/
cleanlabelproject.org/protein-powder-raw-data/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's based if you're having trouble getting those last grams of protein in for the day due to schedule and such.

It's a supplement, not a replacement.

Gotta hand in your natty card if you use it

nani?

It's fairly high in carbs. Go for whey protein isolate to simplify your macro balancing. If you need more carbs, just eat an orange.

The difference between isolate and concentrate is hardly anything. It’s just marketing bullshit.

Andrew Anglin says it's bad for you, but TRS takes whey. The jury is out, but Sven is more jacked than Andrew, and Andrew looks jewish.

Doesn't do anything

TF you talking about brainlet? It goes through an extra filtration process to remove lactose for lactose-intolerant people.

RESULTS: Data from nine randomized controlled trials were included, involving 11 treatments and 192 participants. Overall, with respect to the ingestion of contrast supplements, whey protein supplementation, administered alone or as part of a multi-ingredient, in combination with resistance training, was associated with small extra gains in fat-free mass or lean body mass, resulting in an effect size of g = 0.301, 95% confidence interval (CI) 0.032-0.571. Subgroup analyses showed less clear positive trends resulting in small to moderate effect size g = 0.217 (95% CI -0.113 to 0.547) and g = 0.468 (95% CI 0.003-0.934) in favor of whey and multi-ingredient, respectively. Additionally, a positive overall extra effect was also observed to maximize lower (g = 0.316, 95% CI 0.045-0.588) and upper body maximal strength (g = 0.458, 95% CI 0.161-0.755). Subgroup analyses showed smaller superiority to maximize strength gains with respect to the contrast groups for lower body (whey protein: g = 0.343, 95% CI -0.016 to 0.702, multi-ingredient: g = 0.281, 95% CI -0.135 to 0.697) while in the upper body, multi-ingredient (g = 0.612, 95% CI 0.157-1.068) seemed to produce more clear effects than whey protein alone (g = 0.343, 95% CI -0.048 to 0.735).

Got two bags from Costco.
Liver pain intensified.
Stopped taking, pain gone.
Still have the whole bag. Never happened before with jar bought from other places BTW.

>buying cheap chinese whey

It's a byproduct of making cheese. Little Miss Muffet ate it with cottage cheese when she wasn't having spider drama. It's great for cutting because of how few calories per gram of protein it has, but you shouldn't need it when bulking.

Pea protein is the Patrician choice.

>liver pain
There aren't any nerve endings in your liver user, and pain in that area has fuckall to do with liver health.

Nah. I use Jeffs stuff all the time, however was seduced by $15 discount in costco. Silly me, their whey is just like their tires.

Got it. Let's say liver area pain.

Great for weightloss, for weightgain its less important because you're already eating a fucktonne of food so protein is less of an issue

Depends on the brand. Some whey is as high as 8g carbs/25g, while isolate is usually in the 0.5-1.5g carbs/25g range. That's a 26-30g difference per 100g.

"Liver" pain is usually caused by liver swelling pushing up against things around it.

pathetic Sam's Club pr goon.

What about "punched in the liver" pain? More swelling?

If you need whey regularly for getting enough protein through the day, you're not eating right. Period.

I still use it, here's why. Disclaimer I don't even know if it works like that, is a little science mixed with my own bro-science.
So what I do, I eat small amounts (half scoop or something like that) when eating after training e.g. because classic whey spikes your insulin and therefore I think should make it more easy for your body to take in the ressources from your food.... I'm not 100% sure yet tho if this is really the best whey to do, have to research more.

Also whey usually has bcaa's which are actually more effective used from this source than e.g. pure bcaa supplements.But that's not my personal main reason for taking it.

However bottom line is, whey should never be a replacement for real food or a needed protein source. But it sure has some benefits that you can use (if used correctly)

Attached: truthaboutsupllementidustry.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

Avoid at all costs. Most protein powders are contaminated with toxic substances.

Buy grass fed beef from a local butcher.

Attached: Protein-Powder_Infographic-0111.jpg (1083x2054, 982K)

Uneccessary but doesn’t hurt & can be convenient. I don’t use it and I’m certain I’m stronger than 90% of this board

Yeah, punching the liver makes it expand rapidly, my dude.

Meat for people that don't like meat. Eat a fucking steak.

It's uses fill a pretty specific niche. I have no idea how it got as popular as it got in the modern fitness-sphere.

Bulking:
>Pointless
>Just buy more food and eat more
>If you literally can't eat more because you're a bitch, buy mass gainer instead

Cutting:
>Tuna, chicken breasts, egg whites, shrimp
>All of them except for shrimp (and possibly tuna) are cheap, and can be bought in bulk
>If you can't afford them, what are you, a poor-fag? Chicken breasts and egg whites are at the very least affordable in places like Costco and Sam's Club.
>All of them have EXCELLENT protein:calorie ratios
>Literally no need for expensive protein powders unless you absolutely NEED to fill your daily quota because you forgot to eat or something

Maintaining:
>Just buy more or less food, depending on your body's needs

Protein powder is only really useful if you're cutting, you forgot to eat, and you need a really quick pick-me-up. It also tastes good and can be a pinch substitute for sweet cravings and desserts. Other than that, it's literally just the supplement jew trying to jew you out of your dosh. Just buy food and eat it. What are you, a sci-fi man? Food too good for you? All you eat are pills and slurries like some sort of dystopian future boy? Eat food.

Redpill me on having a 90g protein shake every morning (including eggs, peanut butter, oats and milk)

Ur too small to need that much protein in one meal haha. There’s your redpill.

Notice how they point out how many of them contain those contaminants, but they don't list the quantities or densities of said contaminants so that you can check them against the medically established safe amounts. This is scare tactics made to get you to buy bullshit.

Lmao stopped reading when you said buy mass gainer. That shit is garbage you stupid fuck
Never post again

Why not spread out the protein more?

>expensive protein powders

I don't know how cheap meat is in America, but in my country whey is the second cheapest protein after eggs, and I can't stomach 20+ eggs a day

Started lifting about a month ago. Just tried whey protein for the first time this morning (mixed it with about 10 oz of water). About 6-7 hours later I was shitting my brains out.

>expensive protein powders
Whey protein isn't really that expensive. Even without shopping around or abusing coupons you can get 48g of protein for about $1.60. At $2.99 a lbs (I would consider this cheap in my local market) the same amount of protein from chicken would cost about $1.38. Yeah, there's technically a savings there, but not so much that I'd refer to whey protein as expensive, plus it's much more convenient.

I specifically said "if you literally can't eat more because you're a little bitch", you little bitch. I didn't even shill mass gainer, and so what? Mass gainer is waaaaaaaaaaay fucking cheaper than protein. You can buy mass gainer for literally a dollar a pound in some places.

I ONLY exclusively eat food. I've NEVER touched worthless supps in my entire life. The only supps I take are fish oil pills and Vitamin C (when I'm too cheap to buy fish, and when I think I'm coming down with a cold). Mass gainer is literally just carbs and protein. You know what else is carbs and protein? Literally anything else you can fucking eat. Holy shit you're stupid.

Mass gainer, perfect for those liver fat gains

>Mass gainer, perfect for those liver fat gains

Attached: 1512813975919.png (645x729, 50K)

Every time I tried to lose weight while having protein shakes they seemed totally pointless. Turns out to be just another substitute for me wanting to have a milkshake. At least quest bars give me protein+fiber. These just end up being liquid calories that go right through me.

But for bulking I'd bet they're fantastic. So I guess it comes down to what you're trying to do.

>cleanlabelproject.org/our-mission/
thisI don't trust these people

> spergs about protein/supps
> takes vitamin c when he “feels sick”
You’re a moron and a hypocrite

I use it to supplement my cuts, because I prefer to cut on a big deficit and it can be hard to hit my protein goals if I'm not eating chicken and tuna everyday. Not much point otherwise.

Stop overcooking your eggs.

>vitamin c helps support the immune system
>you get sick when you compromise the immune system
>take vitamin c to regulate compromised immune system
>"HAHA WOW BRO YOU BELIEVE THAT BROSCIENCE BRO? HAHA BRO JUST, LIKE, JUST GET BETTER BRO. HAHA, JUST GET BETTER."

Every time.

Attached: download.jpg (200x193, 6K)

Try zinc instead, captain sperg.

cleanlabelproject.org/protein-powder-raw-data/

It's pretty bad. Risking health for some factory made powder is dumb, just eat real food lol

>Whey protein: powder made from cheese water
>gotta hand in ur natty card tho lol