How do I get better at talking to people?

I have no social life to regularly interact with normal folk. How do I build one?

Attached: th.jpg (474x355, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F0NEaPTu9oI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you ever leave the house, make it a goal to just chat up people that you naturally interact with - cashiers are perfect for this, doesn't come off as weird unless you say weird things and they usually will chat you up anyway. Once you become more comfortable you can chat with folks waiting in line behind you, or people who are in the same general area as you. If you make eye contact with people walking, smile and say hi if it doesn't seem weird (usually works best when it's not super crowded or something) - chat up your neighbors if you see them. If you just make it a goal to be "chatty but brief" then it becomes easier every time and you don't have to engage in a thorough conversation

I'm a legitimate hermit. A social recluse. I have no friends at all in the whole world. Only my family and extended family know I exist outside of the papertrail. My last encounter with human outside my bloodline that lasted more than a minute was a doctors appointment on Feb 11 2017. I've probably said the odd word to a shop keeper here and there since and had to pick up the phone for telemarketers a few times.

I really have no advice to offer. I just don't think about it and lift the pain away.

retail job

Attached: 1530136669601.jpg (250x254, 11K)

sometimes I pretend to be a cracked out homeless person and talk to other homeless people. Great way to get social gains

like all things in life
you only get better at doing it by practice

most people are nervous about striking up conversations. start shooting the shit with everyone. realize they are all as weird as you.

This bummed me out

this or if you want hard mode with godly social gains you should be one of those salesmen/charity collectors that stands in the street or knocks doors in order alleviate people of their money

This. Helped me leaps and bounds. Just stick it out at the start and you'll eventually get more comfortable interacting with people.

start by joining a community like sports or whatever, so far I can only have 5 minute conversations before they figure out im autistic

Wouldn't you have to deal with a bunch of arseholes demanding refunds, to speak with the manager, and shit like that?

A retail job will ensure one never wants to speak to others again

To whom do those milkers belong?

Lock yourself out of the house regularly. You'll have to find somewhere else to go and something to do.

Me too. Just like you.

by being attractive.
it's OVER for you incel trash. try getting a job you faggot.

This, got thrown in the deep end and went from total sperg to passable human.

how do you make money to survive?

Holy shit

just go outside and talk to any random person

Sure but if you can get through that you'll probably get better at dealing with people in general.

this is why i come to fit

smile.

seriously, just smile at everyone you see for a day when you talk to them and you'll be surprised. your mood affects others.

>smalltalk with cashiers
cringe and autismpilled

Attached: 1554051846507.png (645x773, 11K)

Meetup.com

And get yourself an occulus rift, and talk to people on social apps (eg. Vtime).

Attached: Rashida_Jones_at_2017_MIFF.jpg (1200x1674, 282K)

I'll be honest, that's what happened to me.

7+ years of retail...

I now work in a kitchen, and never want to work with the adult general public again.

The majority are nice, but I discovered there is a percentage of the population that through adult versions of temper tantrums when they don't get their own way. I don't want to bite my tongue anymore.

Also IME a lot of workers in retail are spiteful, and gossip about each other to pass the time.

I got pretty good at small talk working retail, but I still only have one close friend at 34.

Small talk doesn't necessarily lead to a close bond.

That's why I think that things like meetup.com and VR social apps are a better way of building meaningful relationships (based on mutual interests and shared experiences).

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM WIFI, WHEN IT COMES TO VR! There is growing research and concerns that Wifi and 5G are a global experiment, regarding our long term health...

youtube.com/watch?v=F0NEaPTu9oI

Attached: skinner.jpg (640x426, 21K)

Get a cute dog. Whenever I walk my girlfriend's dog I meet so many people and lots of women.

Attached: stop asperger.jpg (1545x2402, 273K)

source

I do this too

You have no power here normie

I fell for this meme. Got the audiobook and finished it. It's completely outdated

Omg not the cashier thing
Just find friends, meet up, do some activity, talk. Or family. That's it

Nigga, do you not make polite conversation with other human beings? Maybe you've forgotten, in your ivory tower, but that's a living breathing person. Say hi, ask how their day is going, stop being a cunt.

Maybe some. Spent five years in that hell, and it had the opposite effect on me. Now I'm almost overly cheerful and positive, because I've been there, I've dealt with that shit, and I know how nice it is to have that brief reprieve of a polite, laid-back customer. It certainly used to make my day better, so I do what I can to help others, now.

Maybe if you went places instead of asking dumb fuck questions you'd know the answers to everything. Literally nobody worthwhile ever sat here asking how to do shit then complaining that you can't do that shit so "pweez make it ez 4 me plz." just go outside nigga damn

fuck does that mean?

That doesn’t sound like a bad idea.
I’ll do this with that street perfomer bum over in downtown

>My last encounter with human outside my bloodline
>I've probably said the odd word to a shop keeper
Holy kek you even talk like a hermit.

Attached: 1490788420974.jpg (663x895, 82K)

How so?

This
>fatty in fat scooter asks me where the bagels are that are on sale
>"the bagels are right over here with the bread"
>she can't find the bagels that are on sale
>i ask to see the ad
>"oh, the bagels on sale are the ones from our bakery, they're over there alongside the wall"
>says she couldnt find them over there
>"okay well i cant really leave my area, so if you go over there and ask the bakers, they'll show you exactly where they are"
>she says she hates it when she comes into a store looking for something and the workers have no clue what they're talking about
>losing my temper at this point
>"i already told you where the bagels are, you're just not listening to me. go to the bakery if you want the bagels that are on sale"
>she goes up to the front to tattle on me to my coworker because i was "disrespectful" to her
My coworker was a cool dude so I never got reprimanded, but I quit a month or two after that. Retail is just a continuous slope where you tell yourself that it can't get any worse than the day before.

>w-wouldn't you have to stop being a pussy bitch and learn to deal with conflict and unreasonable people without losing your cool
>w-what if a soccer mom asks for my manager?!

Seriously if you have any form of social anxiety besides entirely crippling then the best thing you could do for yourself is to get a job that forces you to interact with loads of people every day.

I got a job where I was expected to smile and greet every customer I saw and offer help and advice to them if they needed it and many days I ended up spending hours and hours talking to total strangers. I still prefer not talking to people but I don't have any of the usual anxiety I had when it comes to dealing with new people.

post body

Same way you build muscle- go out and practice until you get better

Yeah. Dont you want to experience real human interaction? People can be pricks

Retail jobs or jobs where you need to talk to people are great. I'm a greeter and I often need to talk to qt's. Just talking to them with the knowledge this won't lead to sex has helped me grow.
>Cute female coworker makes small talk with me to pass the time.
Making it lads.