Are cold showers a meme?

Are cold showers a meme?

Attached: 1545918685654.png (819x827, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5025014/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5025014/

Whether they're good or bad for test, they're good for your skin and hair

If you like discomfort and vasoconstriction, do it I think it's actually bad for your health overall.

>they're good for your skin and hair
Extreme temperatures whether hot of cold are bad for you skin, your skin barrier and hair follicles don't like being abused, ask any dermatologist if you don't believe me.

Well I guess it would depend on how cold we're talking, but it's generally accepted that steaming hot showers dehydrate your skin and hair and cause your skin to overproduce oil

That's bullshit. I am a dermatologist, and unless you overuse cold/hot showers to the point where your skin is shivering/red respectively, there's no damage anybody should care about. A short lasting cold shower improves blood circulation better than a short hot one though.

>I am a dermatologist

Attached: ADA4AA8D-B7C2-4046-96A5-6EFC8F28FFAD.png (432x640, 482K)

A dermatologist I once went said she wish she could take cold showers because it's good for the skin

Yes. Medfag here. Prolonged exposure to artificial immune boosters basically does the opposite. If you do it every 4th or 5th day, you are claiming all the benefits with no downsides whatsoever.

The equivalent of this is being on nofap yet never having sex. Same thing. At least a month have a cold shower, at least a month have some sex. This was the protip, fren.

Medicine is a joke, fasting does your job for free and better 70% of the time

>It's not easy and comfy so i pretend it's bad for my health
Fuck off

I take cold showers after the gym bc I can't be bothered to wait for the water to turn hot, that's all.

both cold and hot showers have proven to have benefits. i always start with hot to relax the muscles and all that stuff, and then go full freeze the last five mins

it cured my acne and bacne and my skin is no longer oily might just be me getting older tho

After a workout you should always take a WARM shower because it relaxes your muscels.

dumbass. every professional athlete soaks in ice cold water after a workout.

yes they're dumb, you get all the same benefits from fasting

Nope, medicine is saving lives. Knowledge saves lives, not some overweight fasting nofap forum on the internet. Fasting only holds temporary benefits and the strain of gaining back the weight is much worse, then never having lost it at all. Also I'd like to add //if you ever fall for the fasting meme// to never under any circumstance go past the 7 day mark on fasting.

Where’d you go to school doc

What happens after 7 days?

>it's uncomfortable and it's an easy way to pretend I'm a tough guy so I pretend it's good for my health
fuck off

the Philippines

I jump into a cold stream near where I live post-workout and post-mowing the grass. Great way to cool down.

>medicine is saving lives
CItation needed.

>last 5 min
Too long. 5 min showers max

I usually finish off my morning shower by washing my hair in cold water, I know it's good for the hair and the scalp but it also helps me wake up in the morning.
Anything beyond that is an added bonus.