I have been through multiple different worldviews now, and observed things from all kinds of different angles...

I have been through multiple different worldviews now, and observed things from all kinds of different angles. And i have come to the conclusion that there is no ultimate meaning to life, and most importantly, if your material and physical needs are met, life is basically about what you make of it. You can make life as pleasant or unpleasant for yourself and everyone around you as you want. It all comes down to what you make of it. There is no point killing yourself and making life miserable for yourself because of some meaning or narrative you forced onto life or because you are not attaining some ideal. These are the type of people who spend their days making life miserable for themselves and everyone around them, and then end up at age 30 something realizing they just wasted their entire life being angry and miserable because of conditions they imposed upon themselves. I know what its like because i have been there. The thing is, not only is it not worth it, its just patently wrong. Your life is not shit because of x and x, you just made that up to feel like life has a meaning and you have something to desire and work towards in life. You made it up so you dont have to face the real truth that life really is meaningless.

The sooner you snap out of this mentality the better. There is only one meaning to life, that is to make life as enjoyable as possible. And secretly, thats why people do things in the first place. Even people who end up fighting in wars do so because they feel the thrill and action, and the feeling of fighting towards a purpose is more enjoyable than a quiet life. Even people who sulk in depression do so because they secretly feel like its more enjoyable than being happy.

Attached: 1547610403452.png (1293x1293, 1.61M)

The only objective purpose of life is to make life as enjoyable for yourself and the people around you as possible. Even when you think you are doing things for other reasons, secretly thats why you are doing it. So do away with your delusions and fantasies you made up to cling to something in the chasm of meaninglessness that is life. You are only torturing yourself. Snap out of it, and start living instead.

Attached: sunshine.png (1001x823, 806K)

A quality thread giving actually good and realistic life advice on r9k? Impossible

Oh no wait very possible because it has no replies lol

My philosophy is that you're fine no matter what you do or what circumstances you are in.

the point of life = life

bump for more content op
>spambot suck dicks

There is no inherent meaning in this world. But isn't that wonderful?

Attached: snaps.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

That is part of what is being argued against though.. A lot of people make up a meaning or a narrative they then force onto life to not have the face the truth that there really is no meaning. Then they end up torturing themselves over not attaining the ideal set by that narrative of life they created.

There is no elaborate meaning to life, the answer is not to make up a delusion and hide from reality within it. The answer is to realize that if there is a meaning, its to make life as enjoyable for yourself and people around you as possible. That is the only meaning to life.

I'm forced by the facts to admit that the world seems to without inherent meaning. But you can't make me like it, god dammit.

It's similar to how making mistakes is an essential part of learning. I may admit it's a necessity, but that doesn't mean I can't resent failure.

are you fucking retarded?
>there is no elaborate meaning to life
>the answer is to realize that if there is a meaning...
life has value because it gives inherent joy to live.
>interacting with the world
>pleasures
> striving to imposing your will
>forming connections with others
>etc.

Are you? Because you just repeated what i said
>The answer is to realize that if there is a meaning, its to make life as enjoyable for yourself and people around you as possible.

Art thou? That's literally the thesis of that scene in Sora no Woto.

Attached: 3e506be6515.png (400x480, 168K)

>Even people who sulk in depression do so because they secretly feel like its more enjoyable than being happy.
I disagree user. Some people are just depressed because of all the things you mentioned.

The problem with what you're saying is that there are some things that you must achieve, that you cannot ignore because of your biological urges alone. I wish I could life without having a gf, but I can't, because my brain constantly reminds me that I need one. It doesn't care about you're shitty happiness, it just wants you to reproduce, and fighting it is very hard.

Sorry i dont watch fagime

I can't be live an enjoyable life due to these narratives and ideals I cling on to. How do you expect me to just throw away all my values and undo my entire socialization? What else is there even to be happy about if I don't have any ideals to fight for and care about?

become willing to break your ties, overcome your nihilism, and discover what you find valuable.

Attached: yeet.png (1897x1137, 1.6M)

First time on lsd or something OP? Lol

But I said I do have something I find valuable. I want to reinstate a masculine world again and get rid of feminists, soiboys, and other leftist cancer. But I can't find enjoyment because there are degenerates who go against my ideals.

>But I can't find enjoyment because there are degenerates who go against my ideals.

there will always be people who will go against your ideals, and you can't completely control it.

>you have to use drugs to realize simple truths about life
The absolute state of brainlets

Before you embark upon a journey of fighting evil, first kill the evil inside yourself.

Attached: shadow-projection-carl-jung.jpg (736x487, 45K)

thx for this

>seeking pleasure is good
>avoiding pain is evil

Attached: 1511875321301.jpg (211x239, 4K)

You really want to hand over control of what you think and how you feel to other people just like? Not even people you like but people you hate, that's got to be an awful way to live your life.

Living organisms like us are supposed to reproduce that's our only true purpose in life.
We don't actually make anything if anything we destroy shit so we're really just here to eat, sleep, poop, socialize, and reproduce.

Attached: image.jpg (703x540, 406K)

>there is no ultimate meaning to life
>there is only one meaning to life, that is to make life as enjoyable as possible

This is obviously wrong and you know it.

Pleasure will not bring ultimate meaning to your life (see the experience machine). Meaning is nebulous, transient and inter-subjective. You're trying too hard to pin it down and make a machine out of it.

Please resist your programming. If you could see past your inbuilt biases necessary for you to be here, you'd understand procreation is incompatible with contemporary ethics and existence is objectively a net negative experience for anyone.

For you
oregeno comentation is oreg

Attached: image.jpg (680x661, 62K)

Thats not what he says though. You clearly didnt understand it

I like the gist of it, but how does this philosophy motivate you to do anything (if you were to follow it perfectly)?

What evil? I'm fighting for good. It's everyone else who is evil and that's why I can't find enjoyment.
I'm not handing control over to anyone. I'm opposing degeneracy. What do you think I should do, ignore them? That's how people become even more miserable, by letting evil degenerates do whatever they want instead of fighting them.

Fighting against evil

this is a next level hedonism shill. fuck yourself, op.

Attached: spRFfDh.png (633x800, 279K)

But I'm only HaPpy when I'm making others suffer.

Thinking about hurting OP makes me happy. Running faster and willing it away will never save you from suffering.

Thats not what is being said here. Read it again. Its not saying that you should do things that society generally considers to be pleasurable. Its saying that even when you do things that are generally not considered pleasurable, for example fighting in a war, you're doing it because the EXPERIENCE of doing so is one that you find enjoyable in some way, or if you dont find it to be enjoyable, its because you hope that the result of doing so will make life more enjoyable for you later on.

Even when you adopt a purpose and sacrifice everything for it, you do so because you have decided that a life spent working towards a purpose is more enjoyable than a life spent doing things that one would consider hedonistic.

Perhaps enjoyable is not the right word. Perhaps its fulfilling thats the right word instead. But the gist here is that there is no objective purpose to life other than to live it and experience it to the fullest and in that is included things like working towards a purpose.