"Just walk if you want to lose weight."

Is this the worst normie advice possible? Seems to me like walking is a waste of time compared to running and lifting.

Attached: 24c51703c0d4c6c9-walking.jpg (1024x683, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTYv3FcEcus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

walk up and down a steep hill

It's a start, weight loss should come from cutting anyway
Telling a fatty to just start running would be shit advice cause they can fuck up their knees/ankles
Lifting is always good advice

10 minute brisk walks are actually very good for you, and like said its a start...better to walk and burn 50 calories than to be sitting in bed eating 5000, and once walking becomes becomes boring onto the jog, then god tier running

>Telling a fatty to just start running would be shit advice cause they can fuck up their knees/ankles
imagine living your life and never running, something the human body was designed to do over hundreds of thousands of years of evolution just because you like eating 12 big macs a day

It's ok if you do it before breakfast ie fasted so you're actually burning fat and not just using up the glucose in your blood stream. . Which would just make you hungry again.

Attached: 1545004497864.jpg (640x816, 100K)

If you are fat walking takes a fucking ton of calories

>preform physical activity to aid in caloric burn
w0w shit normie advice!1!!

Thing of it is, if you’re walking you’re not eating. If you’re walking you’re not laying getting fatter: You don’t have to do extreme shit like rock climbing to live an “active” lifestyle its as simple as getting up and walking.

if you walk for long distances at a real pace every day, it can help
but fatties won't do that

I literally walk for 8 hours everyday and im still fat. In my experience exercise just makes you more hungry, weight loss is 90% diet

Only way to lose a significant amount of weight is to change your eating habits.

I only lost like 2 kilos of weight walking and carrying stuff 8 hours a day at work and going to gym 3 times a week. In a month so not much muscle mass added either for offset.

Walking is a low energy activity, meaning your body won't use the energy stored in your muscles, it will instead use the energy stored in your fat. Anything near half of your max heart rate will do this, so it's not exclusive to walking.

walking is elite activity for weight loss

the problem is, just walking on a treadmill for an hour isn't going to do shit for you

the ideal is, you don't use a car/bike for anything, and you walk to commute to and from everywhere

this is why most models live in NYC

Sure, "walking to lose weight" is a meme, but if you're walking cumulatively 10+ miles and 4 hours a day, you're easily hitting ~1000 calories burned. A very good amount if your goal is to stay model thin/lose weight.

clearly, if you're making a trip to the gym, no, walking at the gym is retarded, run, walk to recover, but other then that, walking shouldn't be included in your workouts what so ever

>It's a start,
Exactly my thought. Fatties might be afraid of being laughed at running, so walking at least gets them outside. When they are more comfortable, they might feel like switching to a slow jog for a few steps, then a run, and maybe later of a sprint. Sometimes, being out in nature is the start of a connection to health.

This

I hate how much hating running memes Jow Forums

I once ran 3 miles a day for ~6 months, and I came to the somber conclusion that regardless of what form of training a person does, they could only ever reach 70% of their human potential if they never ran

it's literally what we're made to do. it's the gift of bipedal evolution. Humans for hundreds of thousands of years used endurance hunting to kill prey. We're by far the best endurance athletes on the planet, almost all animals on planet earth that tried to replicate a marathon would have their heart literally explode.

running is god tier. I can't even imagine half of you retards with your oversized guts, just endlessly grinding bench ohp and squats. You're not increasing your sexual status to women that way in even a third of the way you would if you focused on endurance. girls can literally look at your gut and tell you can't fuck worth a damn, even if you do have big arms and shoulders

I don't like having a walk because my walks usually take 2 hours and I am tired to walk the same places because there are nowhere really to go to. I live in some shithole and all the roads just lead to the highway.

running will enlighten you a bit. it is very hard but will keep your bodyfat very low if you don't eat too much. I have veins on all parts of my body and I run 40 ish mpw. I don't really like running too much but I do love running uphill. The pain actually feels good to me. No greater joy than running at an easy pace up a 2 or three mile hill

yes, that's why most models live in NYC lmao

Every one of my fat friends was lazy fuck that avoided walking more than 1km. All of them weighted more than 100kg (120,140) so I guess it explains itself.
At some point, the 120kg guy bought a car because he wouldn't go to the gym that is not even whole kilometer away.

>muh evolution
epic dude. 2 thirds of your post is a love poem to unsubstantiated speculation. all the rick and morty redditers will really resonate with that
>just imagine, you're the blah blah blah of a gazillion years of slime... wow, running... wow
kiss my ass

found the fatty

Walking is un ironically the best exercise known to man. We are made to walk and walking has alot of health benefits. It's even good for weight loss. But obviously if you walk only 10 mins at low speed it won't do shit for anything.
Low intensity exercise for hours a day is essential for general health, walking 15k à day of brisk walking will do wonders for anyone.

Its usually a good addition to what youre already doing, not a replacer.

The usual Normie advice is to exercise at an intensity that breaks a sweat for about 30 min 3 times a week. If walking is enough to do that then walking is the correct starting point. Pretty soon though people need to step that up to jogging or running.

Walking is good for your health but not enough to lose weight on its own, obviously.

He's right though. We are made to run. Humans are almost at the point of running a sub 2 hour marathon. There's no other land animal that even comes close to that speed over that distance.

More so, we are made to jog. Doing so, we are capable of traversing distances further than a horse.

Running and lifting are a waste of time if you know how to fast for a long time

We're made to run barefoot too

Here is some crisp controversial advice: Just sit on your ass all day if you want to lose weight.

>He doesn't walk everywhere

This advise is for retards who drive ALL the time you autist

>running is god tier
It really is. Been a regular runner for about two years and wish I had been doing it my whole life.

Attached: 1495495952918.jpg (1142x1138, 183K)

walking (light cardio) and eating in caloric deficit is probably the best thing you can do to purely lose weight.

post more rare recipes bro

It isn't, CR is worse for muscle retention

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTYv3FcEcus

Walking is great if you've got the time, go get lost for a few hours in the woods, you'll have a good time
Plus you'll burn calories without it feeling like work

Well, walking seems like a good way to clear your mind atleast.

Walking is better than nothing
Fat cunts sitting in kitchen stuffing their face with brownies wondering why they dont lose weight
If you are walking you can't eat

Unlike a workout, you can walk a lot and not get tired or have doms the next day. Problem is thst nobody wants to walk 8 hours/day everyday.
If you need to lose a little weight fast in a few days, 8hours/day of walking is better than working out because rest days are not needed and you can add a workout too every other day.
If it's a long term effort, for more weight and better health, it's better to workout and use walking as a mean of transportation only.

I fucking hate normalfags.
>gotta my steps in for the day!
Imagine being so sedentary that walking is an achievement.