When did you first become a shut-in originally?

When did you first become a shut-in originally?

Attached: 1460642499509.gif (426x239, 851K)

when i was in elementary school - my friends at school snitched on me and i got in trouble. and later found out all the neighbourhood talk shit about me behind my back.
ok fuck this i'm staying home

When I got into uni. I tried making friends. But it didn't work. People only came to me when they needed me. I used to have lots of buddies to hang out with back in highschool. I don't know what changed. I've been a shut-in since then.

13 yrs old. I'm 18 now and nothing has changed

>13 yrs old. I'm 18 now and nothing has changed
Do you feel like you've missed a lot on life?

Attached: 10766746.jpg (480x480, 30K)

when i was like 12 years old I had extensive foot surgery after an accident and I was in a cast for like 8 months. I used to go outside and hang out with my friends a lot before that but while I was wheelchair bound i couldn't do shit. my friends were real supportive for a few weeks but they got bored of me pretty quickly and stopped coming around. my family got annoyed with me too because I always needed help getting something or doing something. at one point I had a mini mental break down and decided "fuck them, fuck everybody"

this was around the time the first call of duty came out. I wasn't really into video games and we were too poor to afford any really, but my mom noticed how depressed I was so she got me my own computer in my room and bought me the first CoD. I delved deep into video games and message boards and I never really stopped.

Attached: 1537138152546.png (800x800, 271K)

Extreme fear of judgement and criticism

I always wanted to be home and alone. High school didn't work well and I stayed home and alone. Now I'm home and I'm very alone.

Attached: 1424331992649-0.png (242x289, 22K)

5... I guess?
Don't really remember.
I just go tired of getting thought of as weird, so I left and never went back.

The same is happening to me right now. And i just cant form long lasting bonds with the normies i meet. Even the nice ones...

Between Christmas and New years. Everything went to shit and I'm not in the mood to deal with people's bullshit anymore. Or the world in general.

By age three. Yes, I was doomed from the start.

At around 10 when I left elementary school is where I think things first started going wrong. My mom started dating this really nasty old sex offender and I wasn't having a good time during my first days of middle school because I didn't know fucking anyone at all. Eventually we ended up moving in with the sex offender dude to a shitty neighborhood near Detroit, and mom took me out of school because I'm a white kid and she knew I'd get harassed in a mostly black neighborhood. I started doing this "online school" thing for a bit and I managed to finish 6th grade, but when I got to 7th I stopped doing my work and now my records for those years are completely blank. I also ended up lurking 4+Jow Forums at this time because gamergate or whatever was going on at that time and being a 13-year-old neet I didn't really have much else to do. Eventually my dad found out what was going on and he sued my mom for custody of me and won, so I ended up getting held back a year but forced back into the public school system. I managed to make some friends during my first and second years of high school, but my brain convinced me they all secretly hated me or something and I stopped talking to them. After that I got real depressed, my relationship with my dad was falling apart because of my grades, but I was 18 now and decided to escape and move back with my mom in Detroit (she's still with the sex offender). Now, I'm 19 and finishing my last year of high school, still no friends, but at least I have plans/aspirations for the future. I plan on moving to Iowa when I graduate and living with my grandpa, where I'll make all my money through carpentry work and eventually get my own place that I can call home

Attached: bebc56c581ac37dcd893858be2437141.jpg (729x1015, 116K)

Around 16 when i was in college and discovered WoW, i've always been the type who prefers being at home though

At like 12 I went outside once and I noticed I was out of touch with my peers when I tried to interact with the local kids in my area, they all surrounded me and asked me a ton of questions but not normal questions, they were like in a way trying to insult me. I felt demotivated to out again and from then I just never left the house. I think that was when the fact that I was a little odd, sank in. I came to terms with it before that I was always in denial of it.

How the hell does one become a shut-in at age 3 and 5?

Attached: 1492197504895.jpg (255x268, 16K)

You just stay indoors I knew a kid we called junior at like 7 and he hated going outside, mainly because he used to eat ants and people wouldn't let him live past it. Mother fucked started going outside when he turned 17 though

it started in college. When I had roommates I would take long nightwalks so that they would think I was out with friends. Then I got a single room last year. I have no one to lie to anymore. I only go outside for class and errands. Zero friends of course.
I'm a senior now and just trying to pass my time quietly until I graduate and can leave this town, start fresh somewhere else where it doesn't matter that I didn't make friends in college.

in about 6 months

>imagine being a NEET at 7 years of age.

Attached: 1491048846948.jpg (183x182, 8K)

like I said I had a small mental breakdown over it. I just stopped trying to hang out with anybody after that because I thought nobody liked me. the magic of the internet kept me sane but now I have love/hate relationship with my computer. I've thrown it out several times thinking it might help me get out of the house more, but I just end up sitting in my room reading books and not doing anything. the habits I formed back then never really left me. I don't think they ever will, it was my formative years. when my friends invite me out to a bar, a carnival or anything like that I always reflexively think they're fucking stupid. I still can't understand why anybody would like to be in a public place and talk to strangers. the last time I was in a bar this complete stranger came up to me and my friends and tried to play pool with us and I thought "what are you fucking crazy?" but I'm really the crazy one

me and my twin would go outside when we were young like 11 or younger and play with neighbors
when we hit like 12 or 13 he started skateboarding and i didn't
i stayed inside and kept playing video games
now we're 26. he has a job/car/gf/kid and im a khv neet.

Attached: stardew pig.png (182x140, 9K)

12 years old. I had a serious medical condition that didn't fix itself until 18. Now 27.

Over half my life as a neet. I'm gonna end it at 30 for sure.

>serious medical condition that didn't fix itself
you can't just say that and not say what it is

when i was in 8th grade i was at the park with some friends and we played football or some shit and one of my friends kept annoying me and i pushed him and he tripped and broke his collarbone. that scared me pretty bad. since then all my older friends never talked to me and started talking behind my back. or even bully me to feel the same way he felt .right now my life is on autopilot

If I told you you could find out who I am because there were case studies done on me. Let's just say that being tortured by your own body isn't fun.

>NEET at 7 years
So, not going to school nor even being homeschooled.

Autism and trauma from instability and negative social experiences.

Since I was born, I've never had friends and no one likes me, so

Friendless depressed shutin since eleven.

>I've never had friends and no one likes me
Painfully relatable. Even as a small child I was essentially a shutin aside from school. Never got invited to birthday parties or celebrations of any kind or to hang out or anything. I just sat in my room all day alone.
No one's ever liked me.

Holy fucking shit I had the same shit with my teenage years. I never left the house except to go to school (and I missed most classes, believe me). Fuck, but I think we can change and adapt ourselves to society if we really work hard on it.

>I had a serious medical condition that didn't fix itself until 18.
What the fuck did you have

You're not alone, bro

Attached: 1511405279296.gif (500x500, 1.93M)

We're exactly the same

Thanks!

When i was 17 depression hit me because of pressure from school and my home life was absolute shit. I probably would have recovered, but i got fat and i developed many health issues that physically prevented me from leaving my house and even made my life at home a living hell. That pretty much sealed the deal. Ever since then i have been locked in my room basically. Im 21 now.

A big part of me died in those years. Im not the same person anymore. Especially since all my time was spent on imageboards, and i was not prepared for all the insanity and mental illness on these sites. It fucked with my head a lot, and as a bonus, having been seperated from the rest of society for so long makes me feel alienated with the society i am in. The only place im familiar with is the internet now, except i hate most people on here and i really feel home here either. The only reason im here is only out of familiarity, and because i dont feel like i belong anywhere else anymore.

What about you?

That's internet for us

Yeah, though I don't particularly mind much. Years of horrific abuse and isolation has made me completely uninterested in social relationships of any kind.

It's a little retarded but I've always hated people by how annoying everyone is trying to act for others than themselves, in primary and secondary school I got in a lot of trouble because I was always criticizing people to the point they'll cry or get really mad so this made me hate everyone even more and isolate my self, but I still had some friends, in hs I started to get annoyed of them too so I've become almost fully asocial since then

Just take it easy, If someone invites you, you have to accept even though you're not needed or it's just boring and irritating. We have interact with people to move forward

This desu
even if there's a lot of people I don't like here it's still feels better than the rest of the world

Pretty much the day after my last day of high school. I only really left my house because I was obligated to go to school. After school ended, I had no obligation to go anywhere or do much of anything anymore. So I took the bus home, went into my house, and stayed there for years. I eventually ran out of money, which made me obligated to work, so I had to start leaving the house again.
(Well I did have to go outside one more time, around a month or two later, because I had to walk back to the high school to get my diploma)

Not completely sure why I'm like that. I think partly because I was raised by a single mother who was disabled and sickly. She couldn't drive, I couldn't drive, so I rarely was able to go anywhere anyway, so I got used to staying home. I'm not trying to "blame" my mother, not like "it's you're fault I'm like this mom!". I just think it's related.

i've always been introverted and like to be alone but becoming a shut-in just slowly happened over time
i've been in many friend groups but never really felt a part of any of them, started realizing around 7th/8th grade that i was weird for liking anime, but i enjoyed it and even the black kids traded pokemon cards at lunch
in high school my main friend group merged into another one and became something else, and they kept me around but it still felt like i couldn't connect with them
then adulthood and military life happened and seeing the absolute worst of humanity has made me not want to bother with anything besides being a hermit

>What about you?
My dad was always a really big fucking weirdo. My mother is a literal fucking sociopath. I've also discovered that my mother actually was going out with this really successful guy that was white and would look to have like, a ton of real estate and was a really sweet dude, but for some reason my mother fought with him and just slept around with the first guy she met or something, and that was my dad. The thing is, he's a total fucking loser and my mother acted like a total roastie whore. My dad never cared about me and always talked shit on me, he never was there either, and my mother was a controlling paranoid sociopath.

Attached: 4ch.png (461x282, 178K)

Around 11 years old is when I became a shutin.

If you mean not going out at all, then since I was 17. I'm 19 now. If you count only going to school, though, then since I was 5. I've always thought I had schizoid personality disorder, but since I'm typing here, it's unlikely.

Your actual dad isnt white?

And this is the second time i'll tell you this, but you are pretty similar to me. My dad acted the same way towards me and my mom was similarly insane.

I saved myself from being a complete shut-in. It's probably because of where it happened. During my second semester in my first year at university I shut myself into my room - didn't go to a single class. Unfortunately I was taking five classes that semester and failed two, did very poorly in the other three. I think if I had been living alone in my own place, I probably would've never improved.
I leave the house a lot more now. I don't have any friends to show for it, but at least I can pride myself in being able to handle the outdoors. Shit was scary for a while.

Attached: 1509951188315.gif (500x536, 1014K)

The saddest part is that this guy was from a weatlhy family and had tons of real estate at the best part of the country and was a nice guy who cared about her. Then my roastie whore mother instead chose the fucking asshole who didn't give two damns about her and treated her like shit and was a total fucking loser because he reminded her of her dad.

How would you feel if you found that out about your parents' past?

Attached: 1492465200130.jpg (220x173, 8K)

I dont have to speculate, same thing happened to my mother. She had lots of rich suitors who wanted to marry her, but she instead chose my broke asshole dad. To be fair i dont even care that he is broke. He just never gave a shit about me. He was never around, and when he was he would either ignore me, criticize everything i like and do, or beat me. If he was just a real father, i wouldnt have cared at all that he didnt have money. He couldnt even act like a normal person to me.

He also constantly abused my mother and treated her like shit. There were constant fights in my house growing up. Now that i look back, i dont get how i ever was surprised i ended up like this. It would have been a surprise had i NOT ended up this way.

I was at a party and noticed that none of the achievements I made in that year even mattered because girls don't even talk to me in the first place.

If I weren't using trips I'd ask you for Discord to share

Women are absolute thrash period. Not even worth chasing them anyway.

Attached: 1543465053912.jpg (600x750, 400K)

I will post mine anyways, you can decide if you want to add it or not

original#6627

I was like 11 or 12 when the psychological abuse and existential dread of life crushed my soul, gave me ptsd and made me a shut in addicted to video games as an escape. I've barely been able to pull myself away from my computer and have easily spent tens of thousands of hours on it.

Gradually left home less and less during highschool until i stopped leaving my room entirely on summer of the last year of highschool

At 18, I graduated into a full shut-in. I was in boy scouts all my school years, and made a few friends in cub scouts, but they moved away. I made no friends from middle school onward, even though I was one of the most active scouts and went on EVERY camping trip, achieved Eagle rank. I never really noticed a lot of them were good friends outside scouts and excluded me from everything they did privately. After becoming an adult, I knew my autism would cause spaghetti if I became an adult scout leader so I quit.

It's a shame, because I really like camping but it's too depressing and boring to do it alone.

Attached: 1513036545347.png (568x568, 456K)

8, I lived with my grandparents most of my life and they always sheltered me and It wasn't until I was eight that I noticed most people were far more social

When I got home from college. Couldn't get a job, couldn't make friends, couldn't get laid. Life seemed pointless.

Same here user. High school to uni was a complete flip. Didn't have the typical "college experience" everyone talks about, and I'm a fairly social person. Made very few connections or friends. Now I just work, then shut myself in and drink. I visit the grocery store, the liquor store, and an old DVD store. Life at 24 feels bare-bones compared to 19. I don't know what changed either, but it's like a switch was activated.

I don't really wallow in it too much. The worst part is feeling bad for my family every time I visit home with no exciting news. They likely will never see my wedding or see their lineage continued. That's the biggest bummer about it

January of 2017 until December of 2018. I was depressed and just watched movies and anime all day besides going to class and in class I would talk to no one. Now I'm trying to date for the first time and reconnecting with old friends

I was always introverted but I still went to a lot of parties and was usually do something on the weekends, though I never ever had problems staying home and playing video games on Friday or Saturday night. It all fell apart in 2011 when I started working weekends. In 2013 I lost my job and went on disability for depression and did nothing but play WoW and smoke weed until 2017. I'm 30 now and moved back in with my mother and sister to save money while going back to school for electronics engineering. Once I graduate I will find a decent job and do nothing but smoke weed and play video games for the rest of my life.

The second semester of my freshmen year of highschool. I had one friend, we had the same lunch, and a couple of the same classes. The next semester, our classes and lunch changed. I don't think I saw him again afterwards. Just had no friends since then.

I know the feel. I tried to not give a fuck about what others think but it's impossible.

When my parents yelled and beat me every time I tried to express myself or have fun.

It's not even other people's opinion of me know bit could not give less of a fuck. It's more my opinion of my self.

When I started smoking weed..

Been indoorsy and reclusive since 7, to the point of being NEET at 19. I'm not entirely shut in, though, I can still fumble through going out to buy food, after a few days of psyching myself up for it.

As soon as I graduated college. The only reason I've ever interacted with people is because I've had to. I immediately stopped talking to everyone I knew in high school once I graduated and did the same after college. Got a stable source of income and have lived in seclusion for 5 years now. My only social interaction is making posts on Jow Forums and grocery shopping.
It's not fun. I dont know what is wrong with me. I still hate interacting with people and like being alone, but at the same time I've begun feeling a sense of dread and impending doom. It was very easy to play hermit when I was 21 but now that I've just turned 25 I feel like I'm wasting my life. It's a very strange feeling. I still dislike interacting with people just as much as always but now it feels like my body is rejecting that lifestyle. I constantly feel sad and a deep, penetrating sense of dread in my sternum. The only time it goes away is if I have a good interaction with a cashier or something. Then i feel elated and hopeful. I hate it. I still dont want to form connections with others so why is every fiber of my instinct screaming at me to do it? It's not like I'm a woman with a biological clock. I dont know, I just wish I could go back to being happy with video games and solitude.

Attached: 1535470463608.jpg (700x544, 70K)

when my parents divorced and left the neighborhood i grew up in. i didn't make new friends until high school, and those just tolerated me so we rarely met outside school.

13. Didn't like school, so I asked my parents if I could be homeschooled. They allowed it and I haven't rejoined society since. 20 now.

>be me
>get bf
>get bullied by him and his friends
>he sends the one nude I sent him to my entire high school
>never leave room or trust again

I've been a shut in as long as I could get away with it really, so basically my whole life. The most going outside by myself I ever did was a short period when I was coming up to 10 years old and would go outside of my own accord and play with kids in neighbourhood. I made a few friends later on in my early 20s at an aspergers group and visited them but my parents had to drive me to their houses. That's basically the sm total of times I've been outside by myself except for a few occasions where the school bus was absent

dropped out of HS in 3rd year due to anxiety
got treatment, anxiety faded but i didnt return to school

My middle school friends wanted to steal condoms from a convenience store and I didn't want to get caught for stealing something so fucking stupid. They wouldn't even use them or sell them, just use them as gags and act thug for stealing. Fuck you white trash niggers I just wanna play Rise of Rome

when i was 14. i played video games and watched anime all day long. i sat in my room in the dark surrounded with trash and dishes, and now life 14 years later is much the same, except im not a weaboo fag.

oh how i long for those days.

I never sent the nudes out from my exs. It was mutually assured destruction because they had mine too.
I'll be your bf. You'll never have to worry about bullying from me :)

Same-ish story here user, if you're still fat you should try and lose weight, it will be a massive boost for your ego and mental well being.

At age 13. Drifted away from old friends and family relations went to shit.

Attached: 1546131876409.gif (500x386, 1001K)

It started when my bitch of a second grade teacher killed my self esteem, and fully manifested in middle school when my strict parents wouldn't let me get any M-rated games so I couldn't relate to my friends. Also, my interests kept getting more and more niche and it annoyed my friends when i talked about them.

Attached: Big Sad.jpg (842x1065, 226K)

always was but i think WoW amplified it by a fuck ton
12 y/o a lot of friends more socially capable than me
wow comes around and well now im 27 have no friends am a kissles virgin (got rapehugd when i was 13) but i have 3 Gladiator titles and was in a top european guild

worth it desu

My dad got really sick when I was about 13, had to spend a lot of time away from home seeing him and kind of lost that friendship with my friends. I never really picked it back up and just drifted between groups until now, where I have no real friends.

I was always intoverted but in high school I finally had a nervous breakdown and had to drop out of high school. It's okay because I have always been a victim of bullying and I've come to hate being around people as a result.