I just found out I have a hernia. Any bros here that had hernias and still made it work without further injury...

I just found out I have a hernia. Any bros here that had hernias and still made it work without further injury? Will I ever be able to squat / deadlift again?

Attached: ShowImage.jpg (975x1017, 442K)

I gave myself a hiatal hernia from doing kroc rows. Never trust a tranny to give you fitness advice. I squat and deadlift without issue now, but I babied my core for a while

Is topped doing kroc rows because I watched based Jeff's advice. It's so easy to modify them to make them safe

Attached: 1515749974339.jpg (480x360, 31K)

Yeah I had the keyhole surgery. Can't lift for a month afterwards and you're weak as a kitten for a while.
You can still deadlift etc afterwards but take care of yourself.

Pop it like a pimple

I had a inguinal hernia about the size of a egg at it's worst.

Had the mesh repiair surgery about 6 months ago, best thing I ever done, no pain, and can squat/deadlift without worrying about my guts spilling out

Attached: IMG_20190419_183040003.jpg (3264x1836, 1.3M)

Got a small inguinal hernia on the right side around Nov 2016. Felt a zipper opening while I was doing retard hanging lag raises to failure. Oddly no pain, just felt it open up. Got a physical exam and an ultrasound, no diagnosis in both, so ignored it for 2 years. Continued lifting with heavy squats and deads all the way, just avoided heavy core work, and did core isolations lying on my back. Never any pain, just the feeling of it sliding in-out. Got it checked again this June, it was a bit more noticeable, also visible on ultrasound. Got it fixed with closed surgery, first 3-4 days were hell due to gas in the abdomen, didn't lift for 5 weeks, then started again with the empty bar. Now around %80-90 of my pre-surgery lifts on most stuff, better in some. From what I gathered from all my research for 2 years, it's most often a genetic weakness from birth that gets escalated, and not a direct result of your training. I feel like heavy core isolations like the hanging leg raises are way riskier than squats or deads. A lot of people (and some surgeons) say if the surgery is done properly, and the recovery period is spent without aping out, it should be stronger than before. I still get creeped out and paranoid from the occasional sensation at that area, but other than that I've had no problems.

I got cucked by hiatal hernia recently (type 2). I didn't even push myself, just tensed abs wrongly while squatting. How do you train with hernia? What are exercises that I should stop doing completely and ones which I can do carefully?
I'm gonna see doctor soon. Also anyone had a surgery? I'd gladly do it to get rid of this shit but my hernia is too small. Please lend me your energy to fight bros

What are the symptoms? I have some pain in the inguinal area too

Thanks for your responses fellas, it's been hard to stay confident about the workouts after hearing the word "surgery".

An uncomfortable feeling in one spot that grows to be very painful under stress. For me, near my belly button after standing for too long or either squats or deadlifts. If it's big, you'll see it poke out under the skin too.

I have a small umbilical hernia. It was too small to go with the mesh surgery when the docs first told me. I've been lifting completely normally for like 2 years waiting for it to get bigger.

Damn that nigga fucked up!

Attached: 1555659395476.jpg (808x767, 48K)

I can’t stand this guys dumb face and YouTube thumb nails. Pre haircut Scott Herman fitness is where it’s at

Kek

The method they apply is literally is a web mesh they patch there so your organs will not leak there. It can be really discomfortable depends on the type of th material used i hernia. There is a lot of suitcases opened against hernail and vaginal meshes due to the companies. Even FDA banned some of them now. Of course this is the case in %56land. Also the operation technique used by surgeon is also important.

Wtf is this shit common this freaks me out

>tfw had double inguinal hernia that both went into my ball sack
that was about 8 years ago and it's been fine ever since
i can do squats just fine and without pain

Attached: 0660 - S8nd1KH.png (200x206, 59K)

i don't saw this video but it is possible to "cure "hernias by training
i had the bellybutton one and didn't get surgery every time i had a good meal and felt full it was painful
just did basic bodyweight stuff to reduce the pain and eventually i didn't felt anything

yup. Memes aside, most people get them in some form.

I have a inguinal hernia but it's been repaired.

I'm actually very afraid of doing squats but I am not sure if that's realistic or not.

I had an umbilical hernia repaired in 2015. Shit was painful but letting it go will only make things worse.

Had an inguinal hernia as a kid, shit looked like a golf ball poking out. Don’t remember much since it was 20 years ago, recovery was quick though. Now y’all are fucking freaking me out that I’ll get another one. I didn’t realize they were so common and I don’t have health insurance...

>Tfw i keep poking my belly button to check for a hernia and now it's sore all the time so i keep worrying it's finally a hernia.
It's not a hernia.

So heavy deadlifts and squats cause it? Or bad form or high reps?

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET THESE? HOW DO I PREVENT THEM? I'M SCARED ANONS

I got an umblicial hernia from dead lifting and crunch machines never knew it existed until i had gallbladder surgery and they patched it up for free. I was warned to go easy for a few months but after that no problems.

>tfw day after an intense core workout
>tfw when viewing this thread
>tfw when my core starts feeling weird as I read this thread

God, it's like watching a video of a spider crawl into someones ear. Makes me have to check my ear ever though I know there isn't a spider in it.

Attached: 1545525845184.jpg (720x720, 28K)

I have a small localized burning sometimes when I deadlift if I’m not super careful with my form. Never pain, just a burn that fades in seediness, and no bum or anything. Is this a warning sign of a hernia?

What does it feel like?

I have this weird thing where if I skip, I start to get radiating burning feeling where the inguinal hernia is on the chart. It starts out mild but with each skip it burns more and more until I have to stop.

I've had an inguinal hernia for awhile now, maybe 3-4 years. I don't know how I got it, I just noticed it one day. My gf keeps asking me to fix it since it's pretty noticeable and she finds it gross. I live in Canada too so it should be free, but I've read some bad stories about people who's had surgery for hernia's so I'm scared.

In what area, also is it after you deadlift or during. And do you feel it when ascending from squats?

I have really bad digestive problems after any core exercises. May it be related to hernia? I was never diagnosed with it but my dad's got one. There's no pain, just muscles but man, diarrhea and stomachaches are pain in the ass

Just very bad luck.

Keep core properly tight while doing compounds. But still you could get it from genetic weakness, my friend has hiatal hernia and doesn't know how he got it.

I got one (before I lifted) moving a box of books - had them out in front of me, twisted to the side and tore a little hole in my groin. Doctor put me forward for surgery and I didn't make the appointment. Must have been fifteen years ago now. Don't know if it's patched itself up or what but it doesn't seem to affect me. It was only ever tiny though.

Oh fuck. I think I might have gotten an inguinal hernia yesterday from doing front squats. Did them for the first time and did a bit longer sets than usual.
When I put my finger in there, on the both sides of my groin there's this pain that's kinda similar to the one you get from being kicked in the nuts. Like that feeling you're about to vomit from the pain. My left side is a bit worse and when I put my finger in there I can feel this really small bump.
First time in a long time I get my shit together and this happens.
Any way to fix them? Just try to put some pressure on there with my fingers?

Attached: 1547667307112.gif (1277x759, 1.41M)

Below and left of the belly button, haven’t felt it when squatting yet, only when lifting while doing deadlifts.

Two at once is bad luck user. Sounds like it could be from your description.

Might be an umbilical hernia, i had experience with a inguinal (groin) one. Better get it checked just to be sure, but if it is not bulging then it might be in early stages you might be able to massage it back in.

It’s almost like we aren’t designed for some of this stuff because there is no realistic situation where a human would need to put 300 pounds on his back and try to squat up and down

Like bags of sand
Prolly IBS

How do I prevent this from happening?

Attached: 1427561279620.jpg (219x187, 10K)

Got a small umbilical hernia doing laying leg raises about a year ago. Doc said it's too small to operate on. It hasnt gotten any bigger and I focus on barbell training.

That sounds dietary related. Either you're eating like shit or your gut isn't tolerating something.