Abused by Narcissists

I saw the narcissist thread yesterday and i cant help but wonder how many robots here are the result of being abused by sociopaths like OP in the linked thread. Share your stories here. Other anons will comfort you.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 1.26.49 AM.png (1421x229, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_post-traumatic_stress_disorder#Adults
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

please tell me what you just posted is bait. i dont wanna believe people like that actually exist

The average chad or roastie will do worse. I've seen it with my own eyes.

This world makes me sick.

It's built into the structure of our reality, suffering releases energy that feeds the demons.

IDK if it's true but I would be ready to believe it's true. It's crazy to me how someone can lack empathy like the OP from that thread.
"I won't humiliate myself and appologise unless forgiveness is guaranteed." Jesus, you would think writing that out would make your own narcissism glaringly obvious. Appologizing not because you feel horrible, not because you want to make the other person feel better. Hell, not even so they will at least see that you're empathetic and regretful. Only doing it if it guarantees they'll be your friend again.

well, my parents are both narcissists for one...

my dad was a verbally abusive narcissist and use to scream and scare the crap out of me. sometimes I think ti would have been easier if he had hit me instead. One summer he asked me if I even had any friends or if I was just going to be a loser and sit in my room all day. Looking back, he was right. But he was kind of a dick about it.

Attached: 1547095875158.jpg (444x332, 6K)

It doesn't matter if he right. Using negative encouragement will just make you feel worse, but not change. Had he used positive encouragement (ie signing you up for shit, helping you with jobs, sports, or clubs, and teaching you how to do chores) you may have actually turned out better. It gives him no reason to be a dick. Scaring your kids is also an easy way to induce paranoia and anxiety at an earlier age especially in your own home. I hope things are better now user, but i'm sorry you had to go through that.
Unfortunately based upon my own encounters with narcissists, OP from last thread seems to be genuine. Especially due to his mindset focused on the apology, and how he humblebragged about what he did even after acknowledging it was a bad thing.

I was friends with a Narcissist for few years before I cut them off. They would always try to convince me that my other friends hated me and talked shit behind my back (which wasn't true), and then they would tell those same friends that I thought they hated me for no reason. He has very charming so everyone actually believed him too, and my reputation was ruined because I was less socially capable. It wasn't until I stould up for myself and called him out on his bullshit that I covered, but to this day I'm still traumatised about what others say about me because of that, especially when he pretended to be my friend

Do these qualify?:

Mom: I've learned to not tell any more bad news than necessary
>goes out of her way to invalidate my point of view and minimize my suffering
>even if it means "playing dumb" by intentionally ignoring points she previously responded to, within the same conversation
>go-to response is "I'm older than you and know better (so you're wrong and STFU)" or "stop taking things so seriously/literally"
>"that didn't happen"
>cut contact with family (who are narcissists or mentally fucked up themselves) because they insulted her cooking resulting in a violent argument
>tried to hint that I wasn't enjoying the pressure they put on me to stay in a college major I hated
>Response: "You did it for you. I'm not the kind of person who will confront others..."
>any time I mention my hobbies she encourages me to sell it all off despite the fact I work and paid for it all myself

Some faggot I work with who is friendly to me (for now):
>fancies himself the next elon musk
>regularly blows off meetings he agreed to attend
>never admits fault, always tries to lawyer his way into being right even when there's mathematical evidence and when people say they don't intend to punish or blame him even if he actually messed up
>condescends nearly everyone
>have literally heard him say to me and others "I am better/smarter than you" or conversely that he believed others were "stupid".
>this is despite having only a 4 year degrees
>still says this to PhDs and similar
>makes wife do all sorts of random chores for him (like contesting parking tickets and renewing registration of his car)

Last guy is insanely overconfident, a narcissist, or both?

the main traits of a toxic narcissist are
- not being able to accept responsibility when they are called out and blaming others instead (projecting onto others),
- lack of empathy (duh)
- greatly valuing practical benefits over moral benefits (apologizing to someone cus you want them to be friends with you rather than because you actually feel sorry)(befriending someone because they are popular rather than because you like them)
- obsession with either manipulating, bullying, gaining the approval of others, or ordering others around even when it provides no actual benefit to anybody
- perceiving themselves as being beyond the rest of their peers and believing they are respected when they aren't
- obsession with maintaining a superficial image (to the point they will get mad at friends for not dressing well-enough because it makes them look bad in comparison)
- compulsive lying
- Ability to instaneously change their personality, interests, and displayed mood depending on who enters them room
- person
- being judgemental
- refusing to acknowledge when someone else did something right
- has a high list of rules they believe everyone BUT themselves should follow, and gets mad when anyone breaks those rules despite the fact they do it all the time themselves

With that being said, you mom is probably just very stuck up.
Your coworker on the other hand is 100% a narcissist.

Holy shit that entire list is my coworker. I have examples of every single point. The most shocking thing to me is that other coworkers just let him get away with all this. I mean to some extent I do to since I try to communicate that I accept him for who he is and he doesn't need to try to impress me (I thought he was simply insecure) but I've seen cases where management actually trusts him with funding which he blows on shit that's 1/2 for himself and 1/2 for work.

What do your other coworkers think about him? Have you talked to them at all about this?

I haven't talked to anyone else directly because I'm new and because I don't want to start shit (I left my previous job because of out of control workplace drama like this so I'd be a hypocrite to start shit here too). I won't deny that he has useful skills and some experience, many of which I don't have, but at the same time he talks himself up to be a lot bigger than he actually is.

From the glances my coworkers and I give each other when we see him in action I can say they are certainly aware that he can act like a jackass but are only tolerating him since management seems to trust him to be an unofficial manager and because of the skills and experience he has (though I'm sure they can quickly catch up considering they were able to obtain advanced degrees and all).

What shocks me is that these managers seem to blindly trust him with copious amounts of resources and either don't care or don't know about the way he treats others. I almost want to say they are actually entranced by him.

my big sister was a narcissit and yelled at me all the time i still have trauma from it and cry every day

Attached: 1539412564862.jpg (2000x2020, 226K)

Same here, I believe the abuse was the thing that really fucked me up beyond repair. I feel like he doesn't really think of me as his daughter, just some rando he can insult and bully anytime without feeling bad about it. Probably the reason why coming here and getting shat on feels comforting in a weird way.

Basically this, the dude in op's pic was basically, in absence of better words, possessed, without him even realizing that, and gor tricked into doing some demon's bidding by giving him towards doing something extremely destructive towards other and himself.

It's almost as though becoming a robot is the result of childhood trauma involving poor treatment, but idk

i mean, it is. one of the more common reasons actually. past bullying threads are very popular here.

I got used by a fembot off this board who was just like that.

>tfw these describe myself to some degree

I don't believe I am a narcissist because I see these things in myself and don't like them. I had a friend who may have been on the spectrum and I had a tough time walking around with him sometimes because he looked stupid (autism trainers, disgusting beard). I'm still loyal to him though and I find I forget that shit most of the time anyway.

I have trouble with a lot of those things and I am obsessed with approval

I'm a year out from a relationship with a narcissist and during that year I nearly drank myself to death. It's not like a normal break up, because the narcissist has spent the entirety of your time together slowly eating away at you until you are just a shell.

I didn't know who I was anymore, my self confidence was shattered, I couldn't trust anyone, I started drinking hard and taking drugs and eventually left the country because I couldn't take the constant paranoia of trying to work out what the fuck happened to me and everywhere in my hometown reminded me of her (she moved to live with me) and I'm still unable to go back without panicking and anxiety.

It's fucking crazy man. You're so blinded by love you don't realise you're being dismantled piece by piece to fuel someone else's needs. They take everything, be it mentally, financially or physical items without a second thought because they believe it's their god given right because they're more important and more special than anyone else. Then when you're no longer of any use to them they just leave.

Attached: 1483566054834.jpg (466x349, 33K)

Not be a dick but you guys kinda had it coming if you let it go that far

I'm a sociopath, deal with it

Robots are mostly textbook Complex-PTSD sufferers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_post-traumatic_stress_disorder#Adults

> Adults with C-PTSD have sometimes experienced prolonged interpersonal traumatization beginning in childhood, rather than, or as well as, in adulthood. These early injuries interrupt the development of a robust sense of self and of others.

> Complex post-traumatic stress disorder (C-PTSD; also known as complex trauma disorder)[1] is a psychological disorder that can develop in response to prolonged, repeated experience of interpersonal trauma in a context in which the individual has little or no chance of escape.

> Because physical and emotional pain or neglect was often inflicted by attachment figures such as caregivers or older siblings, these individuals may develop a sense that they are fundamentally flawed and that others cannot be relied upon.

Symptoms:

> Changes in self-perception, such as a sense of helplessness or paralysis of initiative, shame, guilt and self-blame, a sense of defilement or stigma, and a sense of being completely different from other human beings (may include a sense of specialness, utter aloneness, a belief that no other person can understand, or a feeling of nonhuman identity).

> persistent dysphoria, chronic suicidal preoccupation, self injury, explosive or extremely inhibited anger (may alternate), and compulsive or extremely inhibited sexuality (may alternate).

> Alterations in relations with others, such as isolation and withdrawal, disruption in intimate relationships, a repeated search for a rescuer (may alternate with isolation and withdrawal), persistent distrust, and repeated failures of self-protection.

Attached: 786248-high_res-sherlock.jpg (618x570, 94K)

My mom is like this but in an on off kind of way and ideas beaten as a kid by both parents.

I think I may have been sexually abuse by someone too but u can't be sure I don't remember all my childhood.

I was beaten badly.

And they get away with it due to the halo effect

Holy shit, this is literally me, I need to talk to my doctor about this.

I also just realized my only two friends growing up were mildly abusive narcissists that abandoned me around the age of 14. After that, I didn't have a single friend again until a year ago at age 23. He's a narcissist too, even admitted to it when we were both drunk and I called him out on it.

very vague. could be from lyrics to a rock song.

It feels wrong to call anyone dad*f ,and wrong to dishonor your parent ,thus it would be wrong. not involve with comment> {!{ cannot recall having to deal with a narcissist :/.They must be rare out here where I live .

[Addendum ] What I heard* would be helpful way to deal with a narcissist. When disagreeing on how to fix an issue. Is to just do what you advocated.*Y/.>

Attached: 1547587431945.jpg (640x960, 41K)