/fast/ #416 Good Friday edition

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast FAQ: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Previous Thread:

Attached: pepe_zen.png (300x250, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fVm0qx5aOcg
youtu.be/URS-fRH3DZU
youtube.com/watch?v=P3zJoZnqgOI
youtube.com/watch?v=HTYv3FcEcus
youtube.com/watch?v=4yWQiWfgssM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we will make it

1st for 1st day on this fast, gonna go straight through a feasty holiday without a bite

Attached: 1537244068033.jpg (858x931, 195K)

what's the low-down on refeeds?
I'm strength training and ideally I want to maintain as much strength/muscle as possible
I'm probably around 15/16% BF

There is another thread but I will repost here anyway. So, in the last years I fucked up my brain with klonopin and weed, now my memory is pretty shit. Could fasting recover my dead brain?

I actually just broke a 3 days water fast today. Do you guys still do your regular workouts while fasting? I usually do a lot of cardio but couldn’t bring myself to while fasting. Granted, I wasn’t drinking snake juice so my heart rate was elevated doing certain movements.

I do a CiCo diet on a 16/8 window, two meals a day.

Fight me FAGGOTS

I asked about the Snake Juice recipe last thread. And seeing Cole's new recipe omit magnesium sulphate and sort of dismissing Baking Soda as being 'good for your kidneys'. The 2 main important ingredients are Potassium Chloride, and Sodium Chloride? I can omit everything else?

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I last posted here. I've missed you all. A year ago I did a water fast lasting 46 days for lent, but I felt like I could have gone for quite a bit longer. So this year I decided to bring things up a notch. This time I did it again for two weeks longer, ending on the end of lent again, eating only once a week instead of nothing, all while doing endurance and hypertrophy exercises 9 times a week. Oh yeah, and no internet or video games, that part was really hard to give up, but I feel glad I managed to go through with it all. I'm still a fat fuck at 260 but I've never felt better.

No, you definitely need magnesium. Just take a magnesium complex pill. I don't watch Snakeman's vids regularly but that's a major electrolyte you'll need.

Attached: Untitled.png (960x1289, 1.46M)

Also, was wondering if I can throw in some cucumber slices/lemon peel to flavor it up a bit.

i dont want it to give me the sharts tho... I'll just take it in pill form. thanks

No prob, breh. If you're going to flavor it up you might as well use crystal light or some other drink mix that's sweetened with something that doesn't impact your glycemic index. You can take the salt in a pill too, but I'll warn you now that it can sometimes upset your stomach a little bit from digesting so much salt at once.

Baking Soda helps regulate the PH of your blood, and it's included in every ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) out there. Might as well include it since a box costs 99 cents.

>72 hours into water fast
>don't feel zen like with ultimate concentration.. just feel hungry :(

Hunger goes away after the first week, you're in literally the worst of it right now. It doesn't get any lower than this.

I finally broke through the 160's and weighed in at 159.2 pounds this morning. Next stop is the 140's.

It's been 236 hours since I've eaten. Started at 200 pounds and now I'm 179.2
4 more hours and I'll start my refeed.
For a 10 day fast, what (and how much) should I eat for refeeding? I'm thinking about just having an apple.

Fuck this I'm breaking my fast tomorrow and it will be glorious

So bros in 2 weeks I am entering mandatory military service of 9 months. I'll probably be in the 183-187lbs range by then and by the time I am out I plan to be around 145-150 which should be easy.
I know I'll be doing some fasting on the down low but thing is that the food there has a reputation of being trash tier and fasting on top of that makes me afraid of fucking myself up nutrition wise.
Any suggestions on some kind of food that I should buy that can be consumed immediately for the rare days they let us roam the town for a few hours that can help? I was thinking fruits and maybe some yogurt for which I will have to buy plastic spoons but that's all I've got so far. Please help.

shoo, goblin

Attached: puredisdain.png (861x443, 329K)

I've averaged half the days in april with no food intake, so I'm doing pretty good IMO

Went to a bakery to pick up an order and felt nothing standing amidst the sweets and alluring aroma of baked goods.

I am growing stronger!

How do you compare pure water fasting to OMAW regarding physical energy levels, brain performance, and well being?
Also holy shit, you must have started at moon size
Good job man, keep at it

I'm starting to fucking hate food and people that offer me food.

>have some more user

If I could just use the fork in my right hand, swing it directly with force into their right eye and watch them scream

No thank you I don't want any

>6'4", 26 years old, ~17% bodyfat
>Minimum of "Proficient" in all lifts according to symmetric strength, "Advanced" in a couple
Like everyone, I'm trying to get summer sexy, but I'm impatient and want to get aggressive with it. Only looking to drop 10lbs at the very most. I'm thinking 48 hour water fast, have a day to eat at a slight deficit but like 50% protein, repeat like 7 times. Workout on food days to minimize the loss of lean mass. Unless there's a better way?

God damn do I fucking hate getting into ketosis holy shit.

I'd buy keto esters in a second if they sold them here.

I definitely felt as though I had more energy doing OMAW when compared to regular extended fasting. The thing where all the blood rushes to your head when you get up too quickly doesn't happen nearly as much as it does when you're not eating at all. I stopped working out when I did my first fast and that was probably for the better, I wouldn't have had the energy for it anyways. It was a miracle I could still go to my job when I was doing it like that to be honest. Brain performance is fine, no noticeable changes either way but it's not like I have that purported"brain fog" to lose in the first place. I feel genuinely euphoric and ecstatic coming off of this, it's hard to say which one felt more impactful really. The first meal coming back definitely tastes a lot better doing a pure fast I guess, but I don't think it would be worth it to try it like that again just for that. I really liked being able to still work out doing OMAW. I'm pretty sure I must have gained a significant amount of muscle as well throughout this because compared to the rate of fat loss I had last time I should have lost at least ten more pounds, and I know I was not overeating during the one day I was allowed to eat.

I was big when I first started, but I wasn't moon sized. My overall largest weight was 320lbs and it was after about a year of normal dieting down to 280 when I did my first fast. I probably could have kept going, but then, well, I lost my job. I didn't even notice the weight gain to be honest. No one ever said anything or made any comments when I went from 240 to slightly over 300 again in the span of half a year. Time has been tough and I'm still a useless, worthless NEET, but I know in my heart I am NOT going to allow myself to just balloon up again like I did so easily only to fast it all off again. I hadn't weighed less than 250 since fucking middle school, I want that back more than anything in the world right now and this second fast was just the first step.

How in the actual fuck do I function whike fasting? Even sucking off s thousand snakes for their juices, by day 2 I'm shaky and insanely tired. By day 3 I'm so weak that I pass out every time I stand up and move too quickly. Fuck bros I just want to lose weight by not eating while being able to walk to get the mail.

Just broke my 10 day water fast (lost 20 lbs)
Ate half a plain baked potato. I've never liked plain potato so much. They're fucking delicious without salt or butter.

I FUCKING TOOK A SIP OF LOW CALORIE JUICE!!!! Should I just ignore it or engorge myself.

whenever I skip breakfast and eat it an hour or two before I go to bed, I must take a huge shit in the morning. By skipping breakfast I basically initiate an intermittent fast with an ~8 hour eating window. Is this normal?

Best get the stomach pump just to be safe.

>I swallowed a drop of mouthwash (with alcohol)
did I break my fast?

Attached: 1549585875575.png (494x380, 165K)

I’m not even joking. It was a huge sip

You might as well have had a big gulp of hfcs at this point.

my question was genuine...
in you case check the label if it has sugar in it, you most likely created an insulin response so in a way breaking your fast, everything depends on how long your fast is and what you were going after

No calories tho. Damn I always fuck this shit up

Attached: A7E1F9A7-772D-466B-A75F-27924CB8929F.jpg (1125x1221, 316K)

I was prepping breakfast for someone else this morning and without thinking licked a dirty spoon. Is that enough to fuck up an intermittent fast or will I get away with it?

...Anonymous
>I FUCKING TOOK A SIP OF LOW CALORIE JUICE!!!! Should I just ignore it or engorge myself.
Dude. Your subconscious wants to make excuses to be a fat piece of shit. Just continue. Every thread it's the same shit. Dry fast is good for maximum autophagy and whatnot. Pickle fasts or lemon juice fasts or vegetable broth fasts are all good too and just arguably limit the intensity but you will still lose tons of weight. Balance is snake juice shit. Also set a routine and goal so you have refeed days to look forward to. Just trying as long as u can is harder mentally and u'll make excuses to gorge like a fat fuck. As far as ketosis goes, it's also debated but most argue that less than 50 calories won't kick you out of ketosis. And if it does u just delay it an hour. So if u eat the dead skin around your fingers on accident or swallow some mouth wash with sugar or have pickle juice with sugar, it's not the end of the fucking world. Avoid it. Get electrolytes somehow. And just keep going. Don't be autistic. Good luck user.

Attached: O0dKKyW.png (1354x870, 89K)

I maybe undersold it. It was like maybe two ounces that I drank without thinking. But yea user your absolutely right. I am not going to give into my subconscious and make it an excuse to be a fatass. Thank you user I’m gonna make it

Follow Dr mindy on YouTube If you wanna join fasting week starting 22nd
youtu.be/fVm0qx5aOcg

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-20-11-46-52-010_com.google.android.youtube.jpg (1080x683, 162K)

Can someone explain wtf snake juice is... And what I need to do to water fast and what's safe and what's not... I'm down to try it. Got about 10kg to lose

Are you drinking snake juice?

Anyone got good knowledge on how to refeed?

Like how much should I eat if I still want to train? I'm not a fat fuck, I just want to cut and get the health benefits of fasting (48hrs a time)

anyway to accelerate fat loss while fasting?
black coffee etc.

Starting my 30 days water fast on monday wish me luck.

I started an extended fast starting on Tuesday night. I'm on day four now and have lost 4lbs.

I was doing a one or two day fast once a week and strict keto. I went from 212 to 190 easily in about a month. Stayed there for over a week and got annoyed.

I'm going to try to stick with this fast until I'm down to 170 and considered just overweight and not obese.

Like I said above on day 4. It will be officially completed at 6 PM tonight. I woke up feeling amazing, besides a slight headache. I feel a little hungry, but not starving. Really hope that fades.

Anyways, yeah.My main complaint isn't the diet. It's people around me. My work situation is full of landwhales and all day feeding frenzies. The tell me I'm going to end up in the hospital if I don't eat.

Some 300 plus lb lady who sits next to me explained her husband has done fasts and you have to give your body a little something. Ugh which defeats a fucking fast.

God, people suck. Least my parents get it.

Attached: 1528151517881.jpg (700x700, 75K)

Does OMAD slow down metabolism or do hormones change how your metabolism works?

what is her take on snake juice

walking, running, exercising.

That's the spirt, we're gonna make it bro
And thanks for the detailed description

Accidentally wandered into just finishing a 24 hour fast. Guess I'll do OMAD for a bit or something.

Doing OMAD and lots of unprocessed food coming out in my shit.

I have gotten boners since I started fasting and my libido is nonexistent. Normal?

It comes back soon enough, trust me. Took me like 3 weeks.

Where my 72+ hour boys at? Feeling great. I got this. You got this. We got this!

>potassium chloride literally does not exist in my country
Any other way around this? Am I actually fucking impaired by this simple economo-geographical fact? The closest thing is low sodium "diet" salt with like 10g potassium / 100g

Attached: 1555394969416.png (747x557, 739K)

Why you dont need multivitamin?

I actually disagree, I think a multi or a b-complex would be good.

Don't you need to take those with food?

Will Easter eggs break my fast

not if you pray first

I take them without food and suffer no nausea.

I am an absolute fucking retard. I have been fasting for about a year now on and off. I have always assumed that a 24 hour fast was eating dinner and going to bed, then not eating the entire next day and going to bed again. Then eating the morning after that. I just now realized all my 24 hour fasts have been like 36 hour fasts.

You fucking 24 fast quitters are absolute weaking shitters.

Can you drink some water or just snake juice?

Doesn't your body not properly absorb the vitamins if you take them fasted though?

Don't just drink snake juice.

doubt it really matters
cole is a bit autistic, there's nothing wrong with having things that aren't snake juice or piss on a fast
have some tea if you want

>55 in, still shiting water mixed with stuff lying around in my guts
my anus is on fire

Is snake juice supposed to taste like seawater or did I get the ratio wrong?
I got a big pack of Dasani 500ml bottles and put 1/4tsp baking soda and potassium with 1/8tsp pink rock salt and it's so fucking salty

I can still drink it but damn
without the rock salt it basically tastes like pool water, but with the rock salt it's like the ocean

you're paying for your dietary sins

Help?
How do I circle around potassium or make it work with what I have?
I can't find potassium chloride anywhere, I've literally, quite literally checked every naturist store and every pharmacy in my city (rather large and important city) and nobody has or even heard about potassium chloride. One time I asked about it and someone went "who do you wanna poison?
I only found """low""" sodium "diet" salt with 30g sodium and 10g potassium / 100g

What country do you live in?
I got this "diet salt" shit from my supermarket that is half regular salt, half potassium. Honestly if you really can't find it, buy some unsweetened electrolyte mix from a supplement store, it's basically the same thing.

Yeah I found as salt sodium free

Maybe not 100%, but it will probably absorb at least some.

How do I refeed? How many calories? Should I have a good amount of carbs if I still want to train?

I'm doing 48 hour fasts

youtu.be/URS-fRH3DZU
after 23:59

>tea

No pls for the love of your gut don't drink tea it'll fuck you up

Attached: 1555763732093.gif (358x302, 1.59M)

monks have been drinking green tea and fasting for longer than you and your baby gut have been on this earth

gutlet detected

Please respond.

Attached: 1549656535446.jpg (250x236, 72K)

I dunno my blood type A rh+ probably related with that I have no problem with coffee but oh man tea? it's a no-no

fasting produce stem cells so it's a yes but really depends on you and how you apply it. I recommend 72hrs fasts & refeed w/o sugar and a fasting focused life style.

youtube.com/watch?v=P3zJoZnqgOI

Attached: snuk.png (750x780, 131K)

Never fasted before once in my life. Don't have access to any of the ingredients in snake juice at the moment. How long should my first fast be and what kind should it be?

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 8K)

extended sobriety will help you the most, but fasting may help and wouldn't hurt

Add > Will I lose muscle during a fast?

youtube.com/watch?v=HTYv3FcEcus
youtube.com/watch?v=4yWQiWfgssM

This is a very common question

48h water fast, take high quality mineral water if you don't have access to ingredients to snake juice.

It will make it better, but you need good nutrition to rebuild your brain

Alright boys, fuck the snake juice, I can't find potassium chloride in my country, as pointed out by several people before. Not everyone lives in America.
Anyway I found electrolyte powder on myprotein, where I usually also buy my creatine/protein powders. How does this electrolyte powder work for fasting purposes? Did anyone try it? It contains magnesium, potassium, calcium and sodium.

What about dead sea salt? It contains potassium chloride, sodium chloride and magnesium

I hope my body appreciates the protein I gave it after breaking my 90 hour fast.

Not gonna do shit with that protein unless you spike insulin nigga

Same here I am very hungry, pigged out at buffet and had a beer last night. Gonna go pick up the salts for smaller juice after I get off work.

Elaborate

I think I can get all those things at Walmart.

If it has potassium salts it should be fine. Chemically potassium chloride dissolves in water by ionizing so it would not have a different effect if the negative ion was something other than chloride as long as it is not toxic. Potassium is used to signal muscle fiber contraction along with sodium which is why without it you can get shakes. They counter act each other at the signal point and the ratio effects the activation channel.

He means that unless you spike insulin you won't break your ketosis so you don't have to go through the horrible transfer you did at the beginning. You would waste time though and I don't think any foods have a glycemic index of zero so it isn't consequence free. From what I understand the insulin interferes with fat burning.

Is it alright to give blood or plasma while fasting?

in some countries potasium is called differently. unlikely its unavailable at all. its sometimes mixed with regular salt, as in diet/low salt or whatever, then you only have to figure out the ratio which to put in the juice

not recommended, fasting already gives you low blood pressure. maybe ok with a short fast (

> I'm thinking about just having an apple.
Flavorless yogurt with spinach.

Officially hit 190 from 215 after a month. I haven't been hardcore but I've probably averaged a meal every other day, and I haven't eaten 2000 calories in a meal since starting, usually like 800 cals. Not strict keto but not eating any bread, rice, desserts, etc.

This was honestly my goal weight as a first step but it's obviously not ideal. At 6ft, my waist went down from 42 to 40 inches but I'll shoot for the "waist is half your height" rule. Whatever that weight may be.