Does Jow Forums drive?

Does Jow Forums drive?
I finallly got a used car and my parents aren't putting me on their insurance, so I have to do my own research this weekend.

Whats a good cheap company that won't charge me out the ass? Esurance gave me a quota of 200 dollars per month and that sounds excessive

Attached: vroom.png (613x333, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I had a 21 year old Micra Mk II and used to share insurance with my mother. Miss that shitbox, the bubble Micra isn't the same.
How old are you OP? Your insurance costs drop massively at 21-22 and even more at 25

Attached: NissanMicraMkII.jpg (600x400, 65K)

i drive a miata and get shit for it for it daily but i dont give a fuck.

if you need actual recommendations then...

>1990s to 2005 honda
>sedan
>silver

this is probably the best way to lower insurance as those cars are cheap, cheap to fix, slow and run forever

I got my license and was gifted a car (2001 miata) last year. I'm 24. Still don't really have anywhere to go, but I guess now I have the option, which was the point originally.

Attached: 2052410002_large.jpg (575x383, 280K)

>he doesn't drive a big truck
I look down on you pathetic 4 wheelers

Attached: IMG_20190118_004648_752.jpg (1440x1440, 482K)

I'm 24

I already have a car that matches all 3 descriptions. its an 04 silver Accord; great car, decent mpg and mileage (123,000)
I have the car, I just need a cheap insurance company

Nobody looks at you because nobody thinks about you

>smallest engine capacity in a US Honda Accord is 2.0 l
>decent mileage at 123,000
In Poorupe that car would be a $400 a month insurance trip to the scrap yard. I would suggest buying a car with a smaller engine but we're a bit too late I guess

Check out the /o/ QTDDOT threads they might be able to help you out with specific companies

2006 Civic with disabled plates cause my grandpa passed it down to me. Nigga died two years ago but i dont want to get new plates

Attached: 1411497606464.jpg (798x797, 171K)

Have you tried going to local insurancefags in town. They have tools that search though tons of companies.

Make sure not to jew out too much senpai. The extra $3 for uninsured/ extra damages is worth it

Attached: 0rMQ4gM.png (425x585, 661K)

HONK HONK
BETTER MOVE OVER 4 WHEELER OR YOU'RE GONNA GET HIT

Attached: 611305db2a60fc12770dade30bfe582f.jpg (960x808, 128K)

Truck drivers will become completely obsolete in a few years once self-driving cars take over and it'll be the best thing to happen to the roads since stop signs

Attached: TRUCKING 101= DO NOT STOP.webm (720x532, 1.76M)

Keep believing the meme retard, in the meantime I will continue to make s comfy 90k a year doing something that you are too retarded to do

Attached: Screenshot_20190118-122415_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 568K)

>I'll just use the self driving trucks meme to justify my dead end wageslaving job os the superior choice
Enjoy your minimum wage lole

Attached: Screenshot_20190118-122702_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 568K)

I'm 18 and I have my permit but I keep forgetting to take the test for my license. We have a 2000 Nissan quest that we never use, so I'll probably drive that when I get my license.It looks exactly like pic related. It was the famy car for the past 18 years, so I grew up in it. I'm not a very nostalgic person, but I like that car, despite the mediocre MPG.

Attached: 280px-2nd_Nissan_Quest.jpg (280x185, 14K)

How old are you? You're here, so I'm guessing you're no older than 35. Self-driving car technology is at our doorstep, within the next decade it'll have advanced to the point of being open to the public.
Then it'll strike your job like lightning. You think your company will pass up the opportunity for a workforce that doesn't need pay, never gets tired, and causes accidents at an exponentially lower rate? Fuck no. You'll be out on your ass and working at McCucks with the rest of the dregs again.

>He thinks I'm a wageslave
lel cope
Now is an awful time to work jobs like yours
youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

Attached: 1494487735464.jpg (555x644, 29K)

Dude, fuck off. Literally the least respected 1% of the American work force.

You sit on your ass 11 hours a day filling your body with shit, ruining our highways with piss jugs, makke "90k"(in fucking rupees for all we know) and spend time on R9k. The most you can hope to impress at this point is your mother.

Share a car with my mom. Chevy HHR. It's like a tiny SUV with none of the benefits. It's short so I can't see very well out of the windows, it's not very powerful and it's light so I get stuck in the snow a fair bit, but thankfully it's light enough that I can push the thing out of most trouble by myself. On clear roads and city driving it's great though, excellent gas mileage and when i'm not stressed by other traffic it's magnificent cruising vehicle. Good for short hops to the store, but it's definitely not a winter vehicle(I live int the upper peninsula of michigan and winter sucks with this thing.)

I pay 240Euros a year, insurance in america is a fucking scam

I drive the bubble Micra's big brother, the Nissan Note (E11; my mom's car). The one with the CR14DE.
This thing is loads of fun actually. I'm gonna need my own car soon-ish and I'm hoping cheap shitboxes like the MK2 Micra are just as fun and easy to throw around corners.

Insurance in Europe is a fucking scam too. If I want to go out and buy a 1.6 Miata I have to cough up 600eur just for the insurance. Add another 200eur for road tax and inspection. Even a shitbox like a 80HP 1997 Civic would cost me 400eur/yr.
And that's just basic insurance if I get into an accident and break something. No coverage for theft or natural disasters or others' recklessness (like getting bumped in the parking lot).

Got 2 cars. 2015 BMW 535i and a Nissan 370z NISMO (which I gave to my ex-gf). Recently bought a truck for work.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hajimete no Gal - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.09_[2018.12.06_02.07.22].png (393x713, 313K)

I got my license and never drove again. Cars are cancer

Agreed. Got my license at 23. Former cop that rode with me said i'm pretty good, but I think he was lying. I drive as little as possible. Thankfully my insurance is only like 50 a month.

Cars are the ultimate blackpill.

I mean, living in a rural town it's almost a necessity, thankfully the bus comes out here. But in cities I think they should be illegal except maybe for drive services otherwise take the damn train and increase public transport, fuck.

Yeah I agree traffic is cancer but I live in the city and still need the car. I mostly just drive it on backroads though.

God damn don't make me start.
Me beloved dad:
>I'm not going to put your name on MY insurance, what if you crash your car?! What about muh discounts?
Also my beloved dad:
>damages his car four times in a span of three years

On a related note, last summer his clutch started burning for no reason and they wouldn't replace it because apparently it's a "consumable"
Bitch a printer roller is a consumable not the fucking car clutch. Serves him right for buying renault.

Attached: black constanza.jpg (300x300, 47K)

From a person that has zero experience with DOT laws and regulations, the technology that goes into making a level 5 autonomous vehicle that can safely travel on federal highways, and in the event of breakdows be able to still keep orher motorists on the road safe. You have no idea what you are talking about. You assume I'm older than which has nothing to do with the conversation.
The most they are working on right now is semi autonomous trucks, and people are will need to be in the trucks in the event of a malfunction or things like construction or road closures.
Even consider the fact that there is so much freight not only being transported, but in need of being transported that it would take years for tesla, audi or any company to produce so many trucks to replace so many people's jobs.
But keep coping with your low paying job and I will continue to cut you off, sit on my ass and get paid good money doing absolutely nothing.
That is a poorly constructed argument my friend but thanks for the (You)

drive uninsured worst that happens is you get a ticket

reminder that there's 400 of these guys in every city just salivating at the thought of you hitting someone

Attached: 18 wheelers are rolling lawsuits.jpg (352x143, 23K)

So long as you're not clogging up the freeways and honking like a retard you're ok in my book, dude.

Drive a 2005 Dodge Stratus I bought from some redneck boomer for $1200. Already had to put in $700 in maintenance and I pay $170/month with state farm. I fucking hate driving and wish I lived in a city where I didn't have to drive.

Attached: 1547499384668.png (640x1016, 1.08M)

>insurance is 50 a month
what do you have where you're only paying 50 a month?

thats illegal as shit, if a cop pulls you over, you'll probably get arrested. You have to have insurance if you drive a car on the road

just pay once for the paper work for insurance then dont pay after that and you're good if u get pulled over

Yeah, I drive a VW Fox and have a 75 BMW 1502 as a weekend car.

Attached: IMAG09501.jpg (1344x760, 279K)

NA Miata, Nissan R32 and a beater pickup.
Insurance is largely based on your age and record. Once I hit 25 it was much cheaper.

Attached: IMG_6864.jpg (1306x980, 345K)

oh and 90usd a month for insurance on all three

If you have an older classic car you may be able to get an enthusiast insurance which can be like $200/year. Although typically there's some special requirements, like keeping a fire extinguisher in the car, some sort of alarm/tracking system, main battery switch and not drive more than 10k miles in a year, but it could be worth looking into, same thing if you join some car specific club, they may get special discounts with insurance.

Attached: 1289137314683.jpg (1024x768, 251K)

>has an r32

Attached: download.jpg (228x221, 9K)

I just turned 20, and bought myself a decent car. 2005 Pontiac Vibe GT. Fairly efficient, decent power, and a lot of space in the hatch to move shit. Overall, not a bad purchase for $1500.

get a motorcycle, op

I pay $80 a year

>i drive a miata and get shit for it for it daily but i dont give a fuck.
who gives you shit for driving a miata?

>Does Jow Forums drive?
first few words of the post retard

it's a misdemeanor. big deal lmao