Bench thread

Let's have a bench thread

>What are your best bench advice to get stronger at it
>how many times you can bench 225 for
>best bench accessory exercises

I'm incredibly light weight i weigh around 70 kg (152 lbs)
But I can bench 225 for around 12 reps.

Is this good? How can i break my plateu?
Pic related is me

Attached: hallo.jpg (3026x1671, 1.33M)

Either you're LARPing or you have chicken legs

Not larping, I've been benching for a long ass time. Not really chicken legs but skinny legs. And short af around 5'6

>225 for 12
Post video or larp

I do full rom with pause, and I can't increase anything, while the others in the gym they all go 3/4 rom and lift more.
I asked one why he doesn't go full rom, he said that he wouldn't be able to lift that amount of weight, and to increase strength faster than the full rom slow and steady way. Why do?

why u skipping leg training my man

>advice
Try not to retract your escapulae too much to the medium line and do not "over-bridge" your back. In the long run you're not developing good lats for the weight you're benching.

Attached: 1551655648651.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

idk why but if i try to arch to max on thoracic it doesnt even feel stronger for me

maybe you are onto something

i have ape arms and i can only bench 225 for 3 reps, but i dl 5plates for reps

Why do people think top down lighting looks good? Lighting from the front pointing downwards at the body is the patrician choice because it doesnt shade half the fucking pec muscle

>maybe you are onto something
You asked to give advice, OP. I'm just into that. Never meant you're doing that.
Now,...yeah, I actually did what I mentioned from quite some time and I didn't earn something significant in muscle progression.
So those are my 2 cents.

Also,...if you're in the pic you posted. You look very good. No homo.

ego lifting

strength is joint angle specific
they wont be able to move same weight with pause (or touching chest for that matter)

exact same reason why powerlifters try massive arching

Not him but this explains it a lot. I know guys who are extremely strong and muscular (squatting 4 pl8s for 10 reps, deadlift 5 pl8s for 10) but they cant even bench 300 lb due to them over 6' and have long ass arms.

Turn up the frequency to 3 times a week. Almost everyone has a shit bench and it's the one exercise you need to do the most to be good at it. Squats only need twice a week for a fast progression, heavier deadlifts even only once a week (sometimes even once every 2 weeks is enough), but the bench is the one you include in every workout. The first workout day is heavy bench (3-5 reps), the second medium (8-12 reps), the third light (15+ reps)
10 times. I'm 6'1 and weigh 205 lb
Clues and safety bars. A belt is kinda useless, at least I never felt anything with wearing it, meanwhile it improved my deads and squat.

Oh, sorry, I overread the exercises part. Then I would say OHP, it naturally made me stronger in pressing things up even if OHP is by far my worst lift.

but thats such general advice

for person thats well built for bench twice a week will be plenty to prgoress

for retards like me with ape arms i will stall like motherfucker

bench allows higher frequency as squats or deads by nature of not being so taxing

the question is if you shoulders/elbows can handle it

I also have long arms, if you can only train three times in a row because let's say you are in college and study some heavy stem stuff and you free times are only on friday-sunday for a couple hours, then obviously don't do heavy and only twice medium and one time light. Studies already showed that you also progress in strength in the 8-12 rep range but of course not as fast as in the 1-5 rep range, but that one needs more recovery time.

Best bench was 275x3 but this cut is killing my stats, bros. Down to 255x3

That's still good bruh

>Best advice
Figure out where you're weak and hit those weaknesses hard and heavy. For example, if your shoulders give out before chest/triceps then add in a day where you focus almost singularly on OHP. Build up to a heavy set for 2-4 reps, then deload and add in a shitload of volume.
Lots of CG bench and weighted dips for weaker triceps.
Pin presses, forward-leaning dips, incline bench, single-arm cable crossover and pec deck for weaker chest. Working all angles of your chest will help you recruit more fibers and work on your mind-muscle connection.
>How many times
Program had me doing 230 for 5 today as part of ramping up to a heavier set. I feel like I could've done 1-2 more without breaking form, so it could be anywhere from 6-8 @ 225 at the moment.
>best accessories
Kinda included this in first part of my post.

>Bonus
Remember to do your back work, bros. I couldn't perform ANY pressing movements for 8 months, so I worked my back 3-4 times/week. After my injury healed barely 2 months back my bench and OHP are now stronger than pre injury. It's hard to explain, but I can feel my back granting me a stability I never had before from all the love I've been giving it, making me break through all the plateaus I'd previously hit.

Smolov Jr got me to 3 plate bench. It's a pleasure doing the program, look forward to it every day I go

Bench more frequently.
Idk, I know I've done 20 to mog my pal but could do a few more. Best single is 3.5pl8 if that helps.
Close grip bench+getting a bigger back.

Eat more, use your legs to push your upper back into the bench, increase frequency.
I think it was 22 but it was after a bunch of working sets so i think I could do 30 if I was fresh.
Flys, floor press.
I'm tricep dominant so I never do direct work with them.

> How can i break my plateau?
Hit chest every day or every other day.