Alcoholism/addiction

Tell me about your struggle with addiction. Any success stories will be highly appreciated.

Attached: Alcoholism.jpg (960x640, 826K)

Used to be addicted to coke and speed (separate times), and now I'm not

I was addicted to sniffing glue and now I'm an alcoholic.

im addicted to feeling miserable. i must be at this stage, otherwise why would I listen to sad music every day, constantly think about failed friendships and relationships and talk negatively about myself?

God emos are cringy af

I wasn't a full blown alcoholic but I was really bad with booze. My dad and grandfather were both alcoholics so I knew I had to watch out. My dad actually drank himself to death.

7 years ago I decided to quit and it was hands down the single greatest decision I ever made. Life has gotten so much better since. Would highly recommend to anyone thinking of quitting.

Attached: 1552837722371.jpg (928x615, 169K)

Are you completely sober or you get drunk from time to time?
I can go without alcohol for 4-5 months but I can imagine quitting completely for the rest of my life.

Was a full-blown alcoholic until January 30th of last year. I had quit drinking before, was going to the gym, doing great, then got a new gf...and started drinking again. Seriously, when I quit I was drinking anywhere between a bottle and a handle of vodka a day. When I quit I had to wean myself off of it because I was terrified of DTs, but I got through it and now have over a year sober. I also quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey at nine months sober and I'm going to gym again... which is why i'm back on Jow Forums. We're all going to make it, bro

Completely sober.

I woke up after a night of drinking and hating myself again and said fuck it.quit cold turkey.

Great job man

I'm pretty sure im in low tier alcohol addiction at the moment. The other day i looked at a bottle of whiskey and got the feeling i used to get when i looked at a cigarette after I quit.

Was addicted to weed but it really fucked up my thought pattern so I stopped doing it. Basically don't do edibles 24/7, it's not good for your brain.

>le epic drug abuse survivor
If you can quit cold turkey then youre not alcoholic to begin with. Else you'd be in the ER.

5 months sober in a few day. I was addicted to alcohol, speed, and benzos. Went to rehab since I’m too much of a pussy to quit on my own. In a halfway house right now with a bunch of people who are just there to look good in court. Thing’s aren’t godly for me right now, my anxiety is back and I’m depressed /lonely much of the time. It is worth it though, I actually started lifting again, can hold down a job, there’s hope and a plan back in my life. If you need to look into 12 step groups (AA) and get a sponsor. Good luck.

Attached: D7920868-3469-4BE6-AEB8-2ACAB5612A27.jpg (640x1136, 252K)

That’s why I’m so scared about getting a gf. I have seen so many people try to get clean, jump into codependency in order to stop the bad feelings, and go right back to use. It’s hard though because without drugs life gets very lonely.

I'm like your low tier casual normie alcoholic who just gets pissed on the weekends. I drank 2 1L bottles of vodka last weekend.

Am I fucked?

Gb2 AA you bitch

That’s always going to be up to you to decide. Some people realize their alcoholics after a month of drinking. Some need 40 years before the accept it. Some people can drink heavily but it never enters that mental obsession that make’s one an alcoholic. There’s quizzes online that can help you decide.

How's your training going?
Do you achieve your goals?

Classic alcohol intolerance here - can't stop once started. Rarely ends well once I'm on one.

Also dependence, not too bad (relatively), 5-10 beers a night.

Gone cold turkey a few times, best streak was 3 weeks.

Going to have a few this weekend then back on the sober train Monday.

Got to admit, alcohol (or my misuse of) has fucked up or damaged so many areas of my life.

most alcoholics dont have DTs, dummy. you have to be really really bad to get to that point.

Was unironically addicted to heroin from 2012-2014. I don't think I'd be alive if I never stopped. I have a degree, a high paying job, a gf, no debt, and a comfy life now. Most of the people I used with are dead or have not progressed in life in all of these years,

I buy adderall because it makes me feel like a god. I buy 30 pills a paycheck and its not really hurting my bank and I only take 1 every other day. I really can't let it go though its so good for lifting.

I always wondered if I had a problem because it’s hard to stop once I get going. What’s it really like? I had three beers out of a 6 pack Monday and left the rest. Can you ever do that?

>buy 30 pills every months
>only take one every other day

What do you do with the remaining pills?

You’re the fucking man bro

i abused a lot of opiates from age 19-22 (heroin, oxycontin, oxymorphone, dilaudid, fentanyl etc)

basically spent a full year "quitting". i would tell myself i quit but i would relapse whenever it was around. eventually i just had to xut everyone out of my life who did it. been clean off it for almost 7 years now.

Any alkie Bros here managed to start drinking responsibly?
Like getting shitfaced couple of times in a year instead of every other day?

I was a depressive alcoholic. AA helped me get sober. Didn't work the program though. Stayed mostly sober through 2018, only a couple relapses (no week long benders or anything just five times getting drunk and twice blackout due to not managing life / stress). Quit AA when I moved and a new city. I now stay sober by doing lots of cardio and reading.

Don't drink this weekend bro.

I used to get very drunk every weekend, now I drink almost every day but only one whiskey or beer. I don't know what's better, but I definitely feel better now and it helps me sleep

I've reduced my getting shitfaced to 3-4x year after some serious issues (almost drinking myself to death twice, losing a high paying job due to drinking at office, thousands of blackouts and dozens of head wounds/concussions, etc) but I've only accomplished this by moving to the middle of fucking nowhere and having no social life whatsoever so it's not exactly sustainable

For people like me, permanent sobriety is the only choice, but not sure how to function in the real world (in terms of dating and hanging out with people) sober

I’m back on the water wagon 22days. Making crazy gains in the iron temple and trying to break through some plateaus. I was sober for 2 years but picked up again 3 years ago and it didn’t go very well. Alcohol and drugs have been fucking my life up since I was 14, at 28 I’m sick of feeling like shit. Will deadlift 6, squat 5 and bench 4 this time next year at 10% bf and I will be sober. We’re gonna make it bros

I feel like a tolerance break for a few months would do me well. I try not to drink past a buzz but after spending a year trying to drink myself to death I drove my tolerance up. A buzz only lasts a half hour and I have to snag another beer to keep it going which isn’t helping me lose weight

I’m addicted to Kratom, have been for a year now. It’s not the worst thing in the world, though taking a pain killer every day isn’t ideal.

However, I’ve bargained with myself for a net positive.

The only way to justify the daily use of Kratom is to work out so god damn much that I wouldn’t be able to function if I felt the post workout and daily pain.

I wake up every day at 8 AM and do two hours of cardio, go home and hit the gym after finishing business. in the evenings I do a ppl x2 schedule with my “rest” day being yoga.

I’ve taken my addiction and justified it by legitimately needing to dull the pain of my intense schedule, working out 14 times a week.

I’ve put myself in a mindset where I’m not sure if this addiction is good or bad, I’m absolutely stuck. But this is the healthiest I’ve ever been in my life and the gains I’m making are unprecedented for me.

If you feel stuck it's probably not a good thing bro. Your body and mind can't sustain that cycle forever. I wish you well my man.

>be a heavy drinker
>drink for a good 10 years
>give up on life and keep drinking
>somehow seen to find some will to live
>give my atm card to a mate and tell him to just give me the money I need for food
>still manage to get drunk daily
>Say fuck it and keep drinking
>keep drinking and even get to the point of shitting out blood and undigested food
>keep drinking and feeling a pain where my liver is
>get xtc from a friend
>drink less
>eat healthy
>sober for weeks at a time and then binge
>getting sober for longer and longer, and healthier so that I can last longer at raves and walkies while on mdma
>eventually do less drugs, spending more time on fun stuff
fast forward 5 years
>went shopping for clothes yesterday with my mom and 8 months old daughter, got size M shirts instead of xxl
>enjoy a beer once a month maybe but I always thirst for more