QTDDTOT

Old one nearly finished.

If I just do KB swings and not lift, will it cause imbalances? Or is it mainly a cardio-type tool so no worries? I'll be using an ab wheel too if that matters.

Goal's just to lose fat

Attached: William-Zabka-in-Cobra-Kai.jpg (2000x1000, 1.06M)

Is sparkling water fine to drink over normal water? Or is it bad for you some how?

what is a decent clean and jerk weight target for someone who lift 1/2/3/4?

Will ruin your teeth.

When you drink sparkling water while lifting you'll feel your stomach bloating and it hinders you from doing 100%.
The best thing you can drink is tap water (except in the US, where they put Chlorine in tap water to make it taste like swimming pool)

How do I motivate myself to go to the gym every day even though I have sore muscles?

How offensive is it to run barefoot on a gym's treadmill?

Let's assume I do my entire workout with shoes on. Now I want to finish my day with some quick cardio (

Attached: barefoot running.jpg (2000x1215, 1.7M)

You dont have to go every day, dont fall for that meme

I know, but I like to go everyday because otherwise I'll just procrastinate in my apartment. On some days I go to the gym just to do 30 minutes of cycling and then go to the sauna for 1.5 hours

since optics my be a consideration: I'm 5'7", 140lbs ("recovering skelly"), well-kept, white male

how do you guys react to dyels trying to give you advice at the gym? for example i was low bar squatting with my lower back arched and 2 friends who also lift came to me and gave me advice to keep a vertical back and to keep a straight back
when something like this happens to me, i always try to be polite and do a set of what they recommended me and switch exercises after that

It's not the most optimal way to lose weight, but it works. As with any weight, start light and develop your form first or you'll fuck your back up.

If I see someone in the gym doing his exercises in socks I don't mind, I do it too. I would not be bothered by your bare feet as long as they don't smell worse than my own sweat.

Your feet are oily and can spread/contract fungus and other skin infections easier than you think. get some zero drop shoes if you feel like you need to be barefoot but don't be an asshole and put your bare feet on someone else's gear

Just yell "EXCUSE ME, I HAVE A WORKOUT TO CONTINUE" and do your own thing. If you think they are right, be grateful.

Thanks, I definitely won't go too heavy too fast. So, I don't have to worry about imbalances if swings are all I do?

Can anyone post that meme where there were two drawings of a chad and a virgin dancing in the club with the same backgrounds?

Attached: 486C2740-4157-47C4-B3B4-CFA8B9E79EAE.jpg (419x746, 38K)

Thoughts on slowly lowering curls? Jeff recommends it.

Attached: 135846596832.jpg (474x631, 20K)

Baste friends stopping you from being a powercripple good morning squatter. Best squatters in world (oly lifters) high bar squat and have excellent mobility through the hips as opposed to powrrlifters that end up with SI pain.

What do you mean by imbalances? KB swings aren't a full body workout so there is that.

I guess I'm asking if there are any dangers to just training swings and also if I'll look odd as time goes on by solely doing them.

Like getting big hips and ass for example

is this true? I've read SS, and everything about the low bar squat being better than high bar seems to make sense to me

Trying to increase strength on flat dumbbell bench then switch over to higher reps. Should I be going 5 reps or 10 to build strength before I swap over? Flat DB bench on every routine I see says 10.

Attached: 2E5E2BF9-E698-4185-9343-05094B42B7F0.jpg (349x344, 196K)

I figured socks would be widely accepted, but I don't think they'd withstand being run in, unfortunately.

you make a good point about considering the gym owner's perspective; I may ask their preference and go from there. i've made my peace with infection risk, and since I never see anyone else doing this, I'm not concerned about spreading infection. plus, it's really not that far divorced from how most people treat free weights: i wipe them down when I'm done, but I know most people don't.

Have you tried those shoes that look like bare foot? I don't know what they're called but I've seen some people with them at my gym.
I was thinking of buying them myself

I haven't, no, but I know exactly what you're talking about. Vibram is the most respected--but also most expensive--maker of those types.
I think I will definitely be buying some eventually, if not for running than for climbing/beach, but here's my thought process:
the reason i want to switch to barefoot running is because when running barefoot we naturally prefer to land forefoot (which is good), as opposed to heel-striking, seemingly because our sensory nerves in the foot are more engaged...
...if I buy Vibrams, maybe I'd still heel-strike because I foot is now still protected/less sensory engaged. Just a theory though. Haven't attempted it.

Are 3x10 Romanian deadlifts before my main 1x5 deadlifts doing me any good, or should I just do more actual deadlifts?

What's the optimal amount of daily protein intake for a person that weighs 88kg (~190lbs)?

Either 88 grams or 190 grams depending on who you listen to.

I guess I'll do 278 just to be sure..

I feel (and look) so incredibly bloated the last couple of weeks. To the point where I can't see my lower abs anymore. My diet has remained pretty consistent since July 2018, so I can't really pinpoint the reason for this.

Should I just go full retard and do the sixpack shuffle that Jeff made or do you have other tips for me to try?

Oh, and I apparently gained a whole percentage of body fat in the same period of time, with no other changes in my diet and life style other than lifting heavier weights (program increased in that time) for deadlift, benchpress and squats.

Pic related; I'm somewhere between 16-19%, but bloated atm..

Attached: Body-Fat-Infographic3.jpg (600x916, 77K)

How long reasonably would it take to go from noodle twig to this

Attached: 090B13F1-FCA7-4575-B455-60281FA6324D.jpg (1242x1541, 373K)

That guy is a noodle twig with very good ab genetics+lo fat
An average guy like that would be an otter mode twink

A year

buy non-skid socks and use those to run on the treadmill. bet most people wouldn't even notice you didn't have on shoes

If I want to build strength/size, would this rep scheme work? If not, what would be suggested? I've built a routine that works for me and what I have access to, but I'm stuck on how to build the rep and weight amounts.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 12.47.32 PM.jpg (508x395, 58K)

Bump, third time I’ve had to post this with no responses

Currently eating 4000kcal and 200g of protein a day. Is this too much for ebin SS gains? Will i just get fat as fuck?

ive tried so many different things but i cannot get ass to grass with proper balance consistently because of my femurs and I'm going to fall over backwards. my hips are too tight to widen my stance. I'm at a complete loss bros. i love squats too on the days i can get low but it feels 50/50 every time i have a leg day whether or not I'm gonna be able to hit depth without pain or bad form. should i kms? suggestions?? really wanna just go autist mode on Leg press but I'm homegym

Why do you want to go ATG so bad? Just keep going as low as you can, no point in killing yourself just to flex on internet retards

How many reps is considered volume work and how many strength work?

>1.5 hours in sauna
Are you a Finn?

Does anyone have the screencap, vids, thread of the legend of tankman?

There was this dude who was developing his own weightvest , which was basically the end of a barbell glued to the chest-part of the vest, on which you could then load plates.

Fit found him and hilarity ensued.

Anyone know what im talking about?

Depends on how tall you are and your body composition. I did this exact eating pattern at 6’ 175 and didn’t gain significant weight, although my lifts did go up. But you can easily imagine that if I were a 5’8” skeletor eating the same way, the outcome would be different.

Can you increase your waist size through lifting? If so best exercises to do so? Sick of barely being able to fit into clothes I want

Im 6'3' 198lbs

6,0, 140lbs and 29" waist btw

Jesus Christ dude you are master skeletor mode

19, just started going to the gym and eating more. Yeah it's pretty bad. Always cycled though so my legs are disproportionately big to my tiny upper body which makes it look even worse lmao

Unironically SS + GOMAD

Cheers, willing to take any advice because I'm dead new

Attached: IMG_20190420_223351~2.jpg (3000x3396, 1.13M)

If you want to look like a skinnfat piece of shit, then cut without lifting. Kettlebell swings are fine, but not a replacement for lifting.

Slightly more acidic due to the carbonic acid, but probably fine.

Completely different lift. If you haven't trained it, you will suck.

Quit being a faggot and get up and go.

I would kick you out of my gym. Take your fucking barefoot meme elsewhere.

I pull like 200 lbs more than anybody else in my gym, so nobody really says anything to me.

Neither is "better" or "worse" if you aren't competing. For somebody wanting to get stronger and look better, just do whatever is comfortable and get good at it.

You should use a variety of rep ranges.

You sure as fuck shouldn't be doing them before. And yes, most people should just do more fucking deadlifts.

1.2-1.7 grams per kg body weight.

You are probably able to progress linearly if you stop being a faggot.

Gain 60 lbs.

Nothing on your body is big.

How to be as strong as some calisthenics guys doing like a bazillion push/pull ups. I want to be able to do that too

dude you fucking lied you legs are as tiny as the rest of you. Read the sticky
1.2-1.7g is a huge range my dude

It's what the American College of Sports Medicine recommends for strength training. Aim for the upper end of it.

Recently finished a cut and got down to 179. I am taking a two week break from dieting and noticed I went back up to 187. Is this mostly carbs? I was on keto for ~3 months.

Ultimately, I want to go to 185lbs and recomp my body to keep my lifts. Is this a good idea? Did I fuck it up already?

Yes, most of that is glycogen water weight.

The protein range recommended on Jow Forums literally ranges from 100g - 250g for me. Looks like there still isnt any clear consensus

Are you bulking, cutting or maintaining?
And what’s your bf%?

fucking great idea. will try

I do lower upper split lie this Upper, Lower, rest Upper Lower, rest 2x.
I'm cutting and want to include cardio light-medium 3-4 times a day. When is the best time to do cardio so it doesn't interfere with lifting, particularly legs? On upper days before lifting, on lower days after lifting? I can switch up upper and lower if needed.

i still don't understand why people include cardio, which to me basically means jogging or elliptical. what do these exercises do for me that lifting weights doesn't. my heart is going pretty hard after 3 high intensity sets followed by 5 high vol. low intensity, so why should i do anymore cardio?

>my heart is going pretty hard after 3 high intensity sets followed by 5 high vol. low intensity
This is why YOU should do cardio.
Also it allows you to eat more.

so I'm at around 21% BF with a 1.25" fat pad. what kind of dick gains could I hope for if I drop down to like 12% BF? It's one of the big reasons I'm dropping weight. Currently following a dumbbell routine 3 days/week and running the the other days to avoid the skinnyfatness.

Redpill me on dairy milk vs almond milk

Which is better for OHP, dumbbell or barbell? I’ve done dumbbells up until now but the other day I felt a sharp pain in my back. Took some Advil and it went away.

If you're asking then just go for almond

Why though? It's about the same price for half a gallon as dairy is for a gallon, so I'm not gonna get it unless there are tangible benefits

there's this tinder girl who wants to meet up next week. the problem is she's 6ft and I'm 5'10 (I may seem taller in photos because some of them are with shortish chicks)...do I tell her beforehand and save us both the hassle if it's a dealbreaker for her?

If you're asking then most likely you have some concerns about milk. Concerns like estrogen, acne, other health studies etc. If those things are in the back of your mind and even if milk has 0 negative sides you'll still cripple yourself with some placebo effect.
If not then go ahead and get milk like millions of other people, I drink milk myself every day.

You're insecure. You can at least try not to act insecure. If you do tell her, it will be an unavoidable dealbreaker because you'll be both shorter and weak.

Meet her, if she's turned off, try to change her mind. Treat it as a learning experience.

Alright breh, I'll meet her. Really faggy but we've been texting each other essays for the past week so I think our sense of humor and general personalities match but
i'm not expecting much.

I've also been browsing r/braincels a fair bit lately and this height, face, frame shit has gotten to my head

Does anyone fuck their own thighs?
To keep fit related, what's better, beans or meat?

>I shower before going to the gym, and have never received any comments regarding foot odor in my everyday life
This may be true and you know this but no one else does, your gym peers don't really know if you shower or if you have fungus or not, don't be that dude, it's really fucking disgusting.

Are you sure it's not water weight? You may be consuming too much sodium / carbs and your water retention may be trough the roof.

Do super high volume pushups and pull-ups. This is endurance not strength once you’re over 10-15 reps or so, although strength helps.
They’re different lifts with different purposes, barbell is arguably better because it lets you move more weight and is allows incremental progression. Don’t even mention it to her. If she wants to meet up you’re already over the attractiveness threshold. Girls don’t really have ‘dealbreakers,’ their reality is more subjective than yours or mine. If your confidence and personality are strong enough, her idea of wanting to date a taller guy (if she even has it) will buckle before your reality distortion field. Go fuck your amazon.

If I'm doing alternate day fasting - feed/fast/feed/fast etc, how much of a difference would it make if I were 100% fasting, or eating a couple of hundred calories?
Finding my motivation fades much faster if I'm completely fasting, but a light late evening snack makes it much more tolerable

rate my workout plan Jow Forums

Attached: 1533422470290.png (680x166, 14K)

1. Add some face pulls to every workout
2. Wednesday has two kinds of press but only one pull, fix this
3. Where is the leg work?

Rookie here, I'm looking for some advice to get the most out of my spare time.

Im 6'1" 150#, doing 531 B&B at my university's gym TWTF (ik 531 isn't ideal for beginners, but it fits with my schedule better than SS and it's been working pretty good for me as far as I can tell). For assistance work I'll mostly do curls, rowing machine, pull-ups, and sometimes ruck all whenever I feel like it. I've started eating 3k kcal/day and eat just short of my bodyweight in g of protein daily.

I'm looking for any advice, but dietary advice, assistance workouts, and thoughts on what I could do at home to bulk out more is what I'm after most.

Attached: 1555176577815.jpg (712x1058, 179K)

I did boxing for 6 years, never really lifted seriously and only did pretty much chest/arms
I will stop boxing and just start lifting in may, am I still eligible for noob gains?

alright brehs, just set up a time and place. thanks for the advice

>1. Add some face pulls to every workout
desu i never heard of face pulls, i just googled and and there seems only one kind of way to do it, should i just add face pulls to every workout?
>2. Wednesday has two kinds of press but only one pull, fix this
If i replaced the leverage shrug with "Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row With Palms In", would that be sufficient?
>3. Where is the leg work?
I know, I'm really lacking there. I only started working out and I'm really not happy with my t-rex body, so I want to focus my noob gains on there. It may be stupid, but I don't want to put effort into a body part i don't care about.

Absolutely. You may get less noob gains on your chest/arms since they're already somewhat experienced, but you're still going to experience strong noob gains on everything else. You'll also find your cns activation + experience with the lift increases over time, which contributes to noob gains in the amount you'll be able to lift, if not gains gains.

first of all, 5/3/1 is fine for beginners. It's just a slower progression than some would like, so you might find yourself outpacing the program. It's no biggie, and you can just add 10lbs to a lift next cycle if your 1+ set was way too easy.

Secondly, I'd advice to pick a non-lifting activity outside the gym. Ideally something outdoors that gets you moving in different positions/directions than just the back and forth you get from barbell lifts. Join an intramural/club sport or something, or pick up hiking/rock climbing, anything. You won't regret it.

As far as bulking: you mentioned 3k calories a day, which is great if you're actually getting that much. If you ever need help getting more calories in, I suggest trail mix. Idk if you have a more specific question, but yeah.

Yeah, if your lifting has just been fucking around you’ll still have plenty of noob gains.
You don’t need really different variations of each exercise, and you can’t ‘focus’ your noob gains - if you do upper body for a year and get strong on those lifts, then start squatting after, you’ll have lower body noob gains too.

How long til I can lift weights again after getting a full chest tattoo?

>You don’t need really different variations of each exercise
huh ok, just thought this would make sense. just out of curiosity - what makes face pulls so great that i definitely shouldnt miss out on those?
>you can’t ‘focus’ your noob gains - if you do upper body for a year and get strong on those lifts, then start squatting after, you’ll have lower body noob gains too
ok got it

>add face pulls to every workout?
yes you'll be glad you did in the long run. They're great for shoulder health and you'll hit your traps too.

>If i replaced the leverage shrug with "Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row...
yes, that would be great, but like said you don't have to use a different variation every workout. It might be better to use the same kind of row for a few weeks then switch it up. This way you can really get good at the movement.

>I want to focus my noob gains on there
Noob gains aren't a magical thing, it's just what we call the quick gains you see when a body part has never been properly trained before. You could just add leg days on Tuesday and Thursday, and do the bare minimum. Like this:

TUESDAY
front/back squats 3x5
romanian deadlift 3x8
calf raises 4x10
ab work of your choice

THURSDAY
dumbbell lunges 3x10
Romanian deadlift 3x10
Calf Raises 4x10
ab work of your choice

Done. Training legs will give you balance and also make your upper body weights feel comparatively easier. It will only help you.

>what makes face pulls so great
Most people's rear delts are often much much weaker compared to their front delts, which causes their shoulders to roll forward and get fucked up over time. Face pulls work the rear delts and upper back and are great for fixing some of the posture problems most people have nowadays. Also who doesn't want bigger and stronger shoulders?

Question/Favor

Poast yor physique plus your training split plus ONE key method u like best

DYELs need not apply

>Face pulls work the rear delts and upper back and are great for fixing some of the posture problems most people have nowadays.
sounds great! should i add them directly after the shoulder compunds or after another exercise (int his case - Lats)?
thanks a lot, ill integrate this in my future workout :)

Bit of a blogpost but i want the best possible answers and only way to do that is to give as much info as I think is relevant.

Getting back in the gym after 6 months away due to change in circumstances.
After abusing my body with smoking and constant snacking during a stressful business role a few years back, I was 112kg 186cm for reference, I quit the job and focused on lifting (hit 1/2/3/4 and quit the gym due to moving abroad. I then got myself back down to 94kg via diet and started a new job. I now work in a largely physical role doing deliveries in the middle of the night, apartment buildings, offices etc, there is much less pay of course, but the stress is nil and it is extremely chill, a lot of cardio and stair running as a result, I also now cycle to work 6km each way.

I have signed up to a 24hr gym which I will be going to after I finish work, I just want to know if I should be focusing on bodybuilding or powerlifting? considering that I am now essentially "active" for 8 hrs a day now and my cardio is improving massively. Not sure if I will be doing too much on the legs and totally fuck my recovery if I go powerlifting route again.

6’0 girls rarely don’t care that much about meeting taller guys.

so you're saying chances are she does care and wants to meet a taller guy?

I eat an apple with my lunch at work, and it's starting to feel way too sweet and I'm sure there's something healthier for daily consumption, but just as filling. What are the best convenient and reasonably cheap replacement fruit/vegetable that I can just toss in my lunch and will last about a week or so?

I’m saying that the girls that care most about a guy being 6’+ are typically girls that are 5’3-5’10

Is doing the same workout several times a week bad?

you can just do them after everything else, pretty much a cooldown. Really focus on pulling the rope apart like you're trying to escape a jailcell.