Tfw there are cures for cancer, brain tumors, clogged arteries but nothing for tinnitus

>tfw there are cures for cancer, brain tumors, clogged arteries but nothing for tinnitus

How do you deal with the fact this is the noise you'll hear until you die?

Attached: th.jpg (474x474, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoZ0GzpzmKM&t=15511s
lifehacker.com/this-weird-trick-might-give-you-brief-relief-from-your-1794093023
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get used to it.
i live with it since 6 years and it doesnt bother me at all.

There must be an underlying cause. Are your teeth crooked?

I just try to avoid making it any worse, and avoid paying attention to it, since that inevitably makes me notice it more.

What the fuck my teeth are actually crooked

Just take some deep skin cells, transfect with yamanaka factors, develop as necessary in vitro, and graft into your inner ear.
Dumb cunt.

It's one of those HARD MODE life difficulty settings.

Fuck up too much one single time, and bam. Permanent debuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=GoZ0GzpzmKM&t=15511s

Listen to this user. on low volume.

Life goes on dude. Tinnitus isnt that bad once you realise its just a fucking wierd noise you hear once it gets quiet.

Selenium limits ear damage and oxidative stress, there's numerous anti-seizure type medicines, I think even here's transcranial electrical stimulation which can treat it.

im not sure but i think i got Tinnitus after listeing to music on earphones too much, but i never thought it was loud it was just comfortable for me

I've been living with tinnitus for 25 years and it still freaks me the out.

Attached: 26611e364b3c0f44c0e5f792e6ad.jpg (236x253, 11K)

Listen to music you baby

tinnitus doesnt always need a cause. I have it, but i dont have hearing loss, ear infection or somatic. My ears are literaly perfect but still have Tinnitus wtf

I managed to phase mine out. Had been keeping me up at night for months. One night I decide to "listen" to it, instead of trying to ignore it. I found I could alter the pitch and sound of it, by concentrating. I could make it undulate and get louder or quieter. I knew it was only a trick of the mind anyway, but the more I played about with it the more in control I felt. I found I could even shut it off for a second, though it would then creep back in. Over time I managed to lose it all together. Occasionally it starts up if I'm reminded of it but I can shut it off without trying instantly.
The technique is hard to describe, you have to confront and control it first, but actually shutting it off is like letting it reach a peak and then you almost feel something physically put a damper on it inside your head. Like shutting your eyelids tight to block out the light, but internally.
Those youtube videos help too but it always comes back and you have to rely on those vids again, rather than just being in control over it.

omg. i thought i was the only one who did this. i do this everynight. Close my eyes and try my best to focus on it. When i keep focusing on its almost like it dissapers completely. The brain realises its not a threat anymore and starts to ignore it.

Back ground noise, sleep with a fan on etc...

Nice, Im sure everyone is capable of doing it but it takes some form of mental fortitude. I was determined not to let it control my life because its definitely connected to stress and anxiety, like a vicious cycle.

I've had it for around 10 years, it bothered me for around 6 months until I got used to it through self-taught CBT. If I tried to listen for it I would hear it. However since I started sertraline 3 months ago its simply stopped. Can't hear it anymore. So I'd say the reason they don't know how to fix it is because the causes are varied and its not something that is obvious to see. Still though any charity work I do is donated straight to tinnitus research.

Its a worthy cause. I know someone whose mother committed suicide over it.

some people have severe versions of it, which makes it literaly unliveable. poor people...

I have a friend who treats it with a high dosage of CBD oil

Yeah definitely, I can see how it can push people that far. I know a guy whose marriage ended because of it and now the only way he get relief from it or sleep is to drink until he's too hammered to function. When he's not drunk he sings or humms to drown out the high pitched sound, so I can kinda see why his wife left him.

the cause is loud music.
its a real light tinnitus and it doenst bother me

>sitting around doing nothing
>tinnitus suddenly gets louder and higher pitched for no reason

Swear it feels like demons are in my head fucking with me.

>tfw always had sensitive ears and always had TV and music volume low

i'll never get this. sucks to suck guys

Not him but I can hear mine over most music.

Your hears get tired after a while so if you just listen to music for too long without break you can cause some damage to them anyway.
Its probably how i got it since in school i was basically listening to music 6 hours a day and thats not counting the time at home in front of the computer and also listeening to music un bed before sleeping.
Theres definitely days where it pisses me off as fuck tho but im angry for lots of reason so its just another drop in the bucket.

lifehacker.com/this-weird-trick-might-give-you-brief-relief-from-your-1794093023

this helps a bit for a short period of time.

I have tinnitus yet my hears are still sensitive and i hate hanging out with people that play music loud and they dont seem to realize it at all even if i mention it,the fuckers speak very loudly most of the times too.
Im sure you could groom a serial killer like that.

mine is so unpredictable. i can come home from a house party with loud music and my tinnitus is barely audible, but after days of ust being around quiet enviriments its sudenly really loud like wtf is this?

I have family history of it. Mine usually comes and goes, kinda like a pulse. Now and then I'll hear a sharp, high-pitched ringing wind up, crescendo, and then fade out. Kinda like the noise in games and movies after a grenade goes off close to the point of view.

i'm not sure when it started but at this point i can't really imagine life without it. it's not too annoying, but i feel like if it was quieter i'd probably fall asleep faster

I had it for nine months. It was actually pretty bad. If I wasn't insanely focused, which is very hard for me to be, it was the dominant thing going on. Shit made it really hard to sleep and study but like nine months after it started it just stopped for no apparent reason. Thanking God every day desu.

Same thing happened to me, I had it for about 2 weeks and then it was gone

I've heard having crooked teeth can push against something causing this noise. If you clench your jaw, notice how the ringing intensifies.

Otherwise it'll be loud music in headphones.

>tfw tinnitus about the same but floaters and visual static getting worse

oh fuck..