How old were you when you first started to take lifting seriously?

How old were you when you first started to take lifting seriously?

Do you wish you'd started sooner?

Attached: 1553001405739.gif (300x300, 3M)

I wish i listened to a small group of autistic homos on the internet rather than the free PT at my gym sooner

15. started calisthenics when i was 14. i wasted my noob gains but whatever.

That's not how this works, user.

17 when I started. Yeah, even if I wasn't lifting per se, I wish I was more physically active before then. I spent some good years skinnyfat just playing video games all day.

>i wasted my noob gains but whatever.
No, you didn't. You can do calisthenics for years and still get really amazing gains the first year of lifting.

24 and yes I do. It's so much more of a pain in the cock to get started in your mid-20's.

19, I "lifted" in highschool but never to failure and did very few compound movements. Wish I actually knew how to work out properly back then.

20 and fuck yes. I feel so far behind everyone that started sooner

27 and yes I'm a huge fucking retard for not lifting sooner

24, wish I'd started at 13

i don't think you understand. i only started taking exercise seriously when i was 15. when i was 14 i still exercised but i just didn't know what i was doing, so i wasted my noob gains.

Did you drop a heavy weight on your noggin?

You can't waste noob gains you retard.

25, and i wish i started sooner. I realized you can be in your 60's and still be shredded, so its no big deal. Been at it for almost a year now lots of gains to acheive still.

I have gotten fit in the past, but only went to the gym and lifted relatively light, no proper big three's.

I've grown a little bit wiser, make and modify my lifts as needed, take my time and do things right.

Attached: vince-00045.gif (200x150, 658K)

im 29 and i started lifting last week.

my left rotator cuff hurts. am i gonna make it bros?

21, i wish i started when i was 15 i could have been a chad highschool. but i probably would still be an autistic meat head back then, its just a thing i keep telling myself to feel better

What the fuck is wrong with his lower abs.

no you dumb fuck

you are either lifting too heavy or not warming up properly/enough and using bad form

there are also exercises you can do to target your rotator cuffs using bands or very light weights

jeff plz

I used to take karate when I was growing up but I wanted greater control over my fitness. I was 22 when I switched to lifting. It's been a year and a half and I don't know if I should switched soon or if I switched at the right time

32 is when I started seriously and I don't regret it. I'm 40 now.

started lifting on 19. Started taking it more seriously at 20.
Wish i started at 18 and took it seriously from the start.

I started taking it seriously when I was 17-18, but I hurt my shoulder and lost a lot of mobility and strength.
I'm 33 now and just started to try to get back in it

you can waste them if you never get them

just do roids if you think you started too late

gains are 80% keepable, depending on the kind of anabolic used, but the key is to keep protein intake high when you come off.

good luck.

29 too, started lifting 2 weeks ago after ten years of pause.

Coincidentally had the same problem with the rotator cuffs for a few days - pay very good attention how you bench press in proper form

Started at 16 but on and off. Went from 86kg fat af to 80kg after a cut, then bulked up to 94kg from 17 to 18.
Then when I looked my best I immigrated and got a gf and a job almost instantly and stopped going for a year. Been going again for two months and the year not lifting was the biggest mistake.

22. I wish I had started when I was younger but the important thing is that I did it.

I wish I'd started a lot earlier. I can't for the life of me think why the fuck I didn't when I had free gym access

28 which was last year
fuck yes I wish I started sooner
wish I started a lot of things sooner

Attached: 1518417616156.jpg (600x385, 51K)

where did you immigrate

15-16 when I was focused on fat loss so I took my diet and exercise more seriously (I used to be 300lb back then) and actual lifting started at 18.
Yes I wish I'd start sooner because when I lost the weight I had loose skin everywhere, now it's noticeable (gyno+loose skin) but not as bad as before.

From South Africa to the Netherlands

>that 40-year-old boomer on fit

Respect the senior fitizens user

>27
Wish I had started in my teens instead of being a skinny faggot my entire youth. Would've been nice to get mires and sleep around but now I lift so that I can show my future son the way

He looks like someone who started roiding early and doesn't do compounds. His upper body is gigantic compared to his lower body.

Keep at it bro. I lifted for 2 years in HS, took 10 years off and started back in January. Get on a proper program and the gains will come fast. I was skinny and my muscles had basically atrophied over 10 years...hopped on Greyskull, age like it was my job and have made significant progress in both lifts and aesthetics.

*ate

What's wrong with that?

You guys best be trolling. This fucking board sometimes..

Started last year 6 months texas method then 6 months ppl no gomad

Attached: B01B04E7-6474-402D-A9E0-639FCA1A0D60.jpg (607x741, 715K)

that means you can get them later lol.

22 is still young bucko

>some muscled bean guy
>still won’t be attractive to white women

Attached: B6380A5B-ED06-4B3B-AE9E-2CCF2306906F.jpg (640x640, 64K)

I'm a skinnyfat piece of shit and I'm starting next week with a PT.

Any advice? I've read the sticky, but I didn't get much out of it beyond eat a bunch of protein.

Okay friend ;^)

Attached: EB44CAE3-8058-45EA-AB9D-DE5C82571BAD.jpg (301x168, 7K)

unsarcastically this. if you can learn how to filter out the bs, you can glean some great advice and info. I started using info from fit to create a routine about 8 months ago and the results have been astonishing. im a manlet but I've gained 20 pounds of muscle (mostly noob gains i know) and I feel much better in general
>only doing compound movements (squat, dl, press, bench, rows, dips, pull/chin ups)
>lift hard, keep adding weight
>never spend more than an hour in the gym
>minimizing processed food and sugar
>eating about 1g per 1b bw protein a day
>eating a lot
>cardio (10min HIIT 4x week)
>vit d. zinc, magnesium, fish oil great daily supps
>l-citrulline, beta alanine, creatine great workout supps
>meditation
>cold showers
>don't neglect stretching/mobility
>jeff cavaliere

all of this has worked well for me

23 when I was done with school and yeah I kind of wish I started when I was 19-20, but I'm doing fine.

16. I feel it was a good age to start taking it seriously. Am 19 275/425/515 bsd now.

How do i find my bbw protein?

29, and no I am glad I had no interest at an early age. Instead of my body spending resources to grow lifter muscles it grew my dick size instead. Now I pound weights and your gf, and both scream in delight.

Was a skinnyfat 2-year old when I first got a gym membership

Of course I wish I had started earlier, but getting out of the skinnyfat stage was quick enough that I don't really think about it

Attached: sprängare.png (284x529, 56K)

He's roiding breh.

I started at 14, figured out what I was doing when I was 15. I don't regret when I started, I only regret not playing more sports in highschool.

I was last month years old. I've been lifting since 2 years ago when I was 19 but at first I only did dumbell exercises and machines, only went to the gym when I felt like It and never planed my meals.
Finally planned a decent routine/meal plan and started losing my fear of doing bench press. I've gotten more gains in a single month of lifting seriously than 2 yers of fucking aroung at the gym.

I am afraid información muy hair. Ir use finasteride AND steroids Is Ginna ve ok?

22 and yes

Why would you limit to an hour?

never too early

Lifted on and off between the ages of 18 and 22. Started working out consistently at 22.

Been lifting since I was 17 but only when I was 28 that I started paying attn to the dieting aspect of lifting. Wish I had paid attn to diet a decade ago

About the same for me, I wish I would have started calisthenics earlier and started a 5x5 earlier as well.

>10min 4x a week
>cardio
That’s not even close to enough work for your heart user, you should take 2 of those session to do 60+ Min sustained

That amount of cardio has lowered my resting heart rate, and given me far greater endurance in physical activities, and made me far more vascular looking. Don’t underestimate the power of HIIT

>How old were you when you first started to take lifting seriously?

>Do you wish you'd started sooner?
Take a wild guess.

Don’t have a lot of time due to job and life. Also I like to exercise 6x a week because it makes me less depressed all day.

Why do you always have to knock people down a peg?

I never said it was bad, it’s just not the only thing you should be doing. You are missing out on the many mental and physical benefits of sustained aerobic exercise. A pyramid needs a solid foundation if the top is to be built up

Attached: DC47DEE9-7F2E-493F-A4A9-6DAAB57AE073.jpg (449x1001, 99K)

>Take a wild guess.
No?

Imagine having delts that huge but still being that narrow.

Fair enough I’ll have to consider adding some sustained cardio to my routine

Started at 15, 20 now
Should've taken diet more seriously

I've been doing sustained cardio at least 3x a week for two months and feel way better now bros, it's not a meme.

I was a month off 26. I don't really care that I started as 'late' as I did because I'd only just been seriously interested in gaining muscle and the process involved to do so at that time anyway.

I'll tell you what though, it definitely helps fill a void left after my passion towards writing music slowly died out.

29 an i just started lifting, I do regret not lifting sooner but I try not to think about it too much or i get the suicide itch, just trying to salvage what's left of my time.

Does it even make a real difference at what age you start? I thought you would reach your natty limit after a few years anyway.

Seething incel
I bet you watch blacked vids

You can add accessories to your compounds, mainly to avoid injury.
Also, 1g/lb of bw is too much. It's a meme pushed by protein shake companies. 1.3-1.7g per kg of bw is fine
Too lazy to find the source. A quick google will provide it for you

19 and yes, I wish I started at 13

progress is much slower the older you get as a natty. You couldnt figure that out on your own brainlet?

Started at 24 but I got somewhat serious about it 3 years later, I'm 29.
I wish I started sooner but it is irrelevant now, what matters is what I can achieve from that point.

Pic for motivation

Attached: 1550201543999.jpg (1080x1080, 105K)

yes
>where is his fucking belly button?

Have you done ur facepulls yet?

very nice user, i started at 22 (23 now) excited to see what i look like at your age. Great work.

27 here.

I wish I began sooner, but fuck it.

I started lifting for basic health and maintenance at 21 (and to gain some weight to recover from an ED), but I didn't get serious until I was 27.

Frustrated that I squandered my peak test years and missed out on huge noob gains, but I'm not letting that stop me.

>Do you wish you'd started sooner?
I feel like I got so fucking screwed by starting late. I started as a skinnyfat 22 year old and I failed to OHP the bar. It's taken me so much longer to make decent progress because I had no athletic foundation and I missed out on the golden days of puberty.

Yes I wish I started sooner, and if I ever have kids, I'll encourage them to lift in their teens.

Started doing calisthenics at 18, real lifting at 19. Wish I had figured it out sooner, I used to be really bad at sports as a kid, didn’t really “get” or understand how to train myself. Even while fit in college, I didn’t have the experience in skill work for most sports, filled with kids who had been doing it since before they hit puberty.

I'm 26 and just started browsing Jow Forums because it's time I hit the weights and got a clue.

I'm 6'1 and around 210 right now with no muscle, just fat. Most of my problems stem from beer and hangover food.

Very motivated by all the 25+ year olds ITT

If you never got them you're still a noob. It's not a magical timeframe, it's a percentage of your genetic potential

based two year old

16, but for the first year or two I was clueless about it. Took me so much time as a teenager to realize that diet/rest/proper routine is everything, as I would eat sugars, sleep 6 hours a day and do random shit in the gym.

I want to rip his tights off and sniff it

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Houseki no Kuni - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_01.26_[2018.06.15_22.12.32].png (491x637, 472K)

16-20 meme routines + shitty diet
21-24 linear progression + shitty diet (still dyel)
25-26 first cycle + shitty diet, started to take lifting seriously. (still dyel OR body dysmorphia)

26+ who knows where i can take my body, gonna leave humanity behind maybe

When I finished high school. I wish I started before highs school, at least bodyweight exercises but I was completely detached for real world. Missed out on so many things and didn't take advantage of being tallest guy in my class too.

28 was when I started, 33 now. Yes, I wish I'd started sooner. Hell, I wish I'd started at fucking 12. Never been happier with my appearance and just the last couple years I knew I had started to make it when I started frequently getting remarks about being "ripped" and "jacked." And let me tell you, it feels great to hear it. I wish I'd started as soon as I could have, it feels great and I love it.