What's your favorite chess opening, Jow Forums ?

What's your favorite chess opening, Jow Forums ?

Attached: 1024px-Starting_position_in_a_chess_game.jpg (1024x1024, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/@/german11
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I always do dumb shit and go for a castle

Attached: DECAF458-E808-49BD-87C8-E9BFBAF50B3D.jpg (452x256, 26K)

polish gambit

Whenever i open a can of chess i always use something sharp like a knife to release some of the presure.

wayward queen against newcomers

Attached: EEF9jcl.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

Spanish, just feels comfortable to play for me with Italian being second. English is also up there

Who else likes the Pirc ?

I like to shift all my pawns up by one

E4 the only right choice

Pirc really sucks if your opponent knows it well

d4 is better

Knight to f3 because i'm an autist who never studied chess

anything because I only play hyperbullet like a CHAD

Castle in the first move.

Transvestite opening owo

I was into chess as a kid, got a bunch of useless tournament medals lying somewhere. However, I was too lazy to learn anything new so I just played the same opening every. single. time. Queens gambit for white and Caro-Kann defense for black. If the opponents wouldn't allow me to funnel the game into these openings, I would just wing it and usually lose, but I was motherfucking godly with Caro-Kann.

Attached: 626555.jpg (334x506, 42K)

You're in the Ruy Lopez and black questions the bishop with a6, do you take the knight or move the bishop away?

fred obviously

kadas opening because autism

move back but still take a few moves later

With the King obviously lol

Attached: lelouch_playing_chess.png (672x372, 242K)

For blitz E4, you're guaranteed a slight advantage and you can just play straightforward until the opponent makes a mistake and then you've basically won the game then and there. Of course this means that if the other player is straight up better than you then you're fucked, but in that case you're pretty fucked anyway.
If I'm playing as black then I love the French defense, it's really easy to steal tempo and mount an offensive and that screws over most people in blitz. And even if they know how to handle the French fry defense you still have a decent position.

i usually go for an early check mate. if it fails, then i'll just play it out to the best of my ability.
>move e2 pawn to e4
>move f1 bishop to c4
>move queen to h5
>capture f7 pawn
>check mate

I usually play Nimzowitsch-Larsen Attack in Blitz, but I just started out learning about chess again a few months ago.
I still need to study other openings, thinking about looking into the sicilian next.

Patrician taste.

1.e4 f5 2.exf5 Kf7!

queens gambit is the way to go senpai

queens pawn

Italian, Spanish, or Fianchetto openings because those were the first I learned and it just stuck with me because they were simple to do. God I actually miss the days when I used to play a lot of chess, maybe its time to get back into it after like ten years...

Attached: 1520579108743.jpg (1024x657, 51K)

Virgin strategies vs chaotic Chad

Pawn to H3

Attached: aN1RmKv_700b.jpg (700x393, 44K)

I want to learn chess, but no one will teach me and I guess I should still practice with a computer first anyway. It looks cool I guess.

youre a piece of shit, original user.

1. e4 is "best by test" according to the great Bobby Fischer, so that's all I play. Italian to avoid Berlin. NID and QID against 1. d4, French and CK against e4.
lichess.org/learn

If you want to learn chess, there is a right way and a wrong way. Study the endgame first, in can be mastered without any knowledge of openings or middlegames. The middlegame is then studied in relation to the endgame. Knowing what ending are winning or losing is crucial in understanding how to play the middlegame. Opening is just memorization, studying it will not make you a better chess player. There are countless beginners around the world, who know opening theory, some rather deeply. But as soon as they have to think they just get crushed.

Also watching videos on youtube is not a good way to improve. It's too passive. You need books and long hours of brooding over the board. The will to truly understand the position is key. It's too easy to play through a grandmaster game and just play through the moves without really stopping to think.

One more thing Blitz is almost useless in improvement, it's more of a showcase of what you already know. There is no time for new ideas or any depth beyond what you are use to.

I agree with the 'study the endgame' part, but I very much disagree with what you say about Blitz.
It can be a great tool, since you reach an endgame every 10 minutes(I usually play 5|0), instead of reaching one endgame after a game which dragged for one hour and then just loosing it in one blunder.

Pawn in front of king to e4.
Anything else and you're a fuckin faggot.

you can't castle as the 1st move.
you can only castle if there is nothing between your king and rook.

pawn to a4

Pawn to A3. They don't know what's coming.

Attached: 1548047579667.jpg (1080x1920, 404K)

You can in certain Chess960 positions actually

lichess.org/@/german11

Ew fag just play c3 and bc2