> Italy
> 301,338 km^2
> 6 major dialects of Italian and many more less popular ones

> Japan
> 377,962 km^2
> 7 major dialects and many more less popular ones

> Russia
> 17,100,000 km^2
> One dialect. The differences are so minor and rare, every deviation from the Standard Russian becomes a meme.

Why? Is Communism to blame?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Golden Kamuy - 05 [1080p]_[00:13:12.333].png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

Russia doesn't have dialects? That's weird
I figured at least the gopniks spoke in some mutated abomination of russian

vampIR

Russia is artificial country with artificial people.

What about old people? Over here old people are much better at our local dialects. I seriously hope mine doesn't die out because it's awesome

It's such pottery to hear that from a Ukrainian.

>vampIR

Attached: 1524862248985.png (192x151, 52K)

pretty strange tho...i thought that in almost every country there are several regional dialects
>every deviation from the Standard Russian becomes a meme
how so?

Do you have more of Asirpa?

Attached: FPMHlWS.jpg (1000x1052, 193K)

Slang words and mispronunciation of certain words don't make a dialect.

Not much

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Golden Kamuy - 05 [1080p]_[00:13:20.967].png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

I guess. But it can turn into one given time

Die monster, you don't belong in this world.

Attached: IMG_20180330_094600.jpg (720x797, 119K)

I am not marxist but someday everyone the world will speak the same language

so what's the matter?

For example, there is a stereotype that people in Saint Petersburg call curbs "пopeбpик" instead of "бopдюp". Now SpB is sometimes referred to as "Porebrik-city" on the Internet.

why is it a bad thing

Attached: 5_6.gif (187x187, 627K)

i get it

He just tries to attract attention to russia. In fact russia is boring frozen shithole.

Another reason why I chose russian. You don't have to deal with so many shitty dialects. Plus Ukrainian isn't much different so you're killing two birds with one stone.

> Plus Ukrainian isn't much different so you're killing two birds with one stone.
It is, but they all speak Russian anyway, you don't need to worry. They only refuse to speak it when they're talking to Russians.

I guess. If they'd taught me russian in HS I'd probably be able to speak it as well as English by now but sadly Italian schools are garbage.

because those countries are far older than russia you dumb nigger faggot
the fact that they had civilisation for thousands of years before your country existed means they have had a longer time to develop different dialects
also, people dont live all over russia, the vast majority of it is uninhabited and this was even more true further back in time when it was essentially tera incognita and didnt exist
if you only count the places where people liv3e the area gets reduced drastically
also japan and italy are pretty extreme examples, pretty much no other country their size has that many dialects because countries that size usually dont divide themselves into 7 trillion tiny as fuck provinces which each have their own culture

most importantly, who gives a fuck?
why the hell do you want people to speak any way other than exactly who you speak while you're in your own country?

>sadly italian schools r garbage
that's undeniably true, but why would they teach us russian in the first place in HS tho?

rude

>Is Communism to blame?

but china has literally hundreds of dialects, and many of them mutually unintelligible

you're juan to talk

Because why not? Children learn languages much faster than adults and this fucking "europe is better so you should learn european languages" policies pisses me off. What if someone wants to learn Mandarin or Arabic instead of French or Spanish? English is definitely a required language but the others aren't so why shouldn't we be able to choose which ones we want to learn?

> because those countries are far older than russia you dumb nigger faggot
Russia is older than England, but English has plenty of different dialects, too.

>English is definitely a required language but the others aren't so why shouldn't we be able to choose which ones we want to learn?
k, that's understandable.

Prove me wrong bruh. English is required just to operate a PC nowadays. If you're getting into programming you must know English.

they want EU kids to learn EU language because they are all dying languages

but england developed proper civilization before you did and has subdivided themselves in to lots of tiny provinces for some fucking reason which where at war with each other for most of their history

again, that is an extreme example
you also did not address my other points

Italian and French might be called so but Spanish is widely spoken still.

>what if someone wants to learn arabic

> you also did not address my other points
I agree with the rest of the post. Russia didn't stay divided for too long, it's been "The Grand Duchy of Moscow" since the 1200s.
On the other hand, your own country New Zealand wasn't even on the map until 1642. Yet you have your own Kiwi accent. So do Aussies.
You might say it's because of the ocean, but the settlements in Siberia were pretty much isolated until the 18th century when the empress decided it would be a good idea to finally make some use of all the land we grabbed.

Like moving all the slaves there? I read about it somewhere kek

>ID

Attached: scared-kid-holding-a-cross.jpg (445x503, 38K)

we have our own accent because only the retarded brits decided to move to NZ and only criminals went to Aus so when you have retards mixing with criminals the pronunciation and slang gets changed drastically

it is essentially the white version of making a country of people who only use ebonics when speaking

Nah, the slaves (actually let's call them correctly, "serfs". Being a serf sucks much more than being a slave) were there from the beginning. Who do you think built the settlements?

:^)

Fuck off