Train thread

we need more wholesome, positive threads around here
post trains, trams, stations, or something positive you've done today/plan to do

Attached: ffestiniog.jpg (780x390, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_800
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

beer trams are the best trams

Attached: spora-1-720x390.jpg (719x390, 56K)

>tfw no suspended monorail

Attached: 1535738131910.jpg (640x427, 82K)

yeah, it'd be cool if there were more of them, but they're not the most practical form of transport

Attached: 1280px-Wuppertal-100522-13449-Sonnborn.jpg (1280x857, 346K)

trains in the snow are the best

Attached: 1516556701981.jpg (2048x1381, 313K)

I'm glad that I live near a train museum.

why didn't the image go through. (comment above)

Attached: Elgin-County-Railway-Museum-65a07ce35056b3a_65a07ef1-5056-b3a8-492218926e385ad1.jpg (800x584, 88K)

damn, that is one beautiful loco, I am jealous
my favorite rail museum is in York, England, right near the main rail station

Attached: National Railway Museum, York.jpg (616x396, 60K)

I just nutted to the red locomotive on the left

I'm staying late for work.
I'm part time but this week my check will look like I'm a full time.
Well, closer to it at least.
I'm glad to be working.

Attached: 20190106_092624.jpg (4032x3024, 1.66M)

that is some beautiful scenery
I need to get a second job personally, but it's hard when one's schedule is inconsistent as fuck

Attached: 1200px-Piccadilly_Line_platforms_at_Hammersmith_D+P_station.jpg (1200x900, 251K)

Why are so many autistic people obssessed with trains?

Fuck the chiba monorail. God damn is that thing uncomfy the Tama monorail btfo it any day of the week. Fuck monorails tho.
That being said being a train autist is awesome. Imagine being 5 years old and not having the entire Tokyo rail network memorized. But shit is great man trains are pretty cool. Have a free 209-2100.

Attached: Hota2.jpg (640x427, 72K)

Who else /foamer/?

why isn't everyone obsessed with trains?
for me it's UK rail, as that's both where I was born and where passenger rail first arose

Attached: jhgkjgk.jpg (1024x731, 192K)

Imagine not being a train autist.
I think I would off myself.
Never had the chance to go train autisting in the UK. Never really had a interest in anything European other than SBB and OBB.

my brother jumped in front of a train when he was 18, that's all I have to contribute

That's sad to hear. Did the rail company sue your family for it? Because in Japan most of them do.

Attached: 20161015_206_ใƒ•ใ‚กใƒŸ้‰„.jpg (1600x1068, 344K)

not that I know of. That's kinda immoral to bother a griefing family with lawsuits, isn't it? But japs have lots of strange traditions like that

How so? Since JR and others started suicides by train have gone down dramatically. Plus some asshole jumping in front of the chuo line costs millions of dollars in terms of lost time.

Attached: o0800053413593434814.jpg (800x534, 199K)

so do you think you bother about that if you want to kill yourself anyway? It's not like you're caring so much about the people you leave behind feel about it. Besides that, I don't see why someone should liable for the actions of a family member if he or she is over 18.

Btw I doubt that it costs 'million of dollars'

What's your opinion on the GWR replacement of HSTs with the class 800 series? I traveled on a class 800 and the seats aren't as comfy, but apparently the 802 improves on this

Attached: 800.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

>so do you think you bother about that if you want to kill yourself anyway? It's not like you're caring so much about the people you leave behind feel about it.
Many Japanese try not to place burden on others especially family when they off themselves. Which is why hanging and poisoning are the most common methods opposed to jumping in front of a train.
>Besides that, I don't see why someone should liable for the actions of a family member if he or she is over 18.
Refer to above.

>Btw I doubt that it costs 'million of dollars'
Not counting people missing connecting trains the chuo line runs at 2 min intervals at rush hour which is when people tend to off themselves. Each e231-500 carries about 1400 at 100% capicity and the chuo line runs at 186% capicity. That's 312,480 people per hour. Assume the average wage is just $12/hr for all of those people you get $3,749,760 and that's just the line itself not including people missing their train or other trains coming into town.

Attached: JR_East_E231_series_EMU_521.jpg (1280x700, 376K)

>Many Japanese try not to place burden on others especially family when they off themselves
so why was it a problem in the first place then? It just seems like the typical japanese inhumane behaviour for which there are thousands of examples

your calculation also doesn't work like that. the missing work hours can't just be calculated into the gdp

on the one hand, I'm glad the UK's long distance trains are being upgraded, the HST has been in service far too long. plus the new 800s look fairly aesthetic, especially in the new GWR livery
on the other, I'm sad to see the HSTs go, they've been a mainstay of British rail since before privatization. hopefully they will see some continued service on smaller mainlines/branchlines, as long as they're still serviceable

Attached: GWR_Class_800_(800_004)_at_London_Paddington.jpg (1920x1080, 576K)

Because there was no punishment for inconveniencing people and making the rail company lose money due to their actions. The deterrent of sueing has led to most of the people reconsidering it and instead just hanging themselves when they went home which is great.

>your calculation also doesn't work like that. the missing work hours can't just be calculated into the gdp

Then how would you calculate lost revenue and time?

Also inhumane behavior is subjective from culture to culture.

Attached: Keihan_800_series_street_(24109817045).jpg (1280x853, 227K)

Also are those Hitachi trains? Because that there screams A-Train to me.

>Then how would you calculate lost revenue and time?
it's not like that money misses from the GDP at the end of the year. Just as you don't make financial damage of 40x12$ to your company if you're sick one week.

>Also inhumane behavior is subjective from culture to culture
that's one lame excuse... it's like saying it's okay to holocaust the jews in the 40s because it's subjective. If we're serious with our morality we have to be convinced that it has global validity

>that's one lame excuse... it's like saying it's okay to holocaust the jews in the 40s because it's subjective. If we're serious with our morality we have to be convinced that it has global validity
Let's see.
>Holocaust bad because Jews had their property seized and where focibly interned into camps
>Seizure of property and forcing Japanese into interment camps for the same reason Nazis intered Jews is completely ok

???

what do you mean by that? you're aware that I just tried to point out that leaving morality issues to any nation as their interiour affairs is absolutely ridiculous

>morality issues to any nation as their interiour affairs
Yeah it's their own interior affairs. Morality and culture go hand in hand both derive from the social conditions in side of the nation.

indeed they are
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_800
>tfw the country which invented passenger rail now has to import their rolling stock

Attached: 1280px-Class_43s_and_Class_800s_at_London_Paddington.jpg (1280x720, 280K)

I disagree. I think if we're not trying to enforce our moral beliefs onto those who violate it's just like we violated them ourselves.

Why do conservatives in the U.S. have a hate boner for trains?

Because government is inherently shit at managing rail. But also shitty us planning leads to them not liking things that are different.

based samson, thank you.

today I am going to meditate for 10 minutes and then do some stretches.

whoops, i forgot muh train.

Today, I'm going to try and get more sleep.

Attached: insomnia_sucks.jpg (1920x1080, 408K)

also oil/auto industry money, plus money from the freight rail companies who don't want to share their rails with government trains or build/maintain them to passenger rail standards

Attached: 1543198336636.jpg (950x365, 69K)

thats my fav one

Attached: 2m62u-0350-1.jpg (1024x780, 317K)

russian trains are p beautiful

Attached: sapsan.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

samson remains unironically the best poster r9k has ever and likely will ever have

dude im a big fan, and im aware of the autism that we all share, but there is a board for this. Ever been to /n/?

But aside from that, fuckin trains man. I live close to a bunch of train tracks, and sometimes i just like to sit out and watch them pass by.

call me old fashioned, but this unnerves the fuck out of me. Fuckin sci-fi shit.

Here's a nice train

Attached: Pruszkow_Transit_Camp_transport_departure.jpg (260x164, 15K)

yeah, but it's kind of slow and I'm not as well known there

Attached: lat_rigatram_stopnearstockmanns_2008_L.jpg (2048x1536, 1.26M)

True. dont worry im not reporting the thread like some faggot. Keep on goin on man.

awww shit nice
i used to go on that railway all the time when we went on holiday in wales when i was little
waves of nostalgia coming over me right now.

>live in town that invented passenger rail
>have run down station served by trains that even the Iranians retired
such is life

Attached: pacer.jpg (1024x683, 222K)