Massachusetts high court upholds Michelle Carter's conviction for texts encouraging boyfriend's suicide

>Massachusetts high court upholds Michelle Carter's conviction for texts encouraging boyfriend's suicide

>Carter's 15-month sentence for involuntary manslaughter had been on hold pending the ruling.

>The Massachusetts Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld the involuntary manslaughter conviction of a woman who encouraged her boyfriend's suicide through text messages.

>Michelle Carter will have to serve 15 months behind bars for the 2017 conviction that held her responsible for the July 2014 suicide of Conrad Roy III, 18.

>"The evidence against the defendant proved that, by her wanton or reckless conduct, she caused the victim's death by suicide," according to the high court opinion.

>"Her conviction of involuntary manslaughter as a youthful offender is not legally or constitutionally infirm. The judgment is therefore affirmed."

- nbcnews.com/news/us-news/massachusetts-high-court-upholds-michelle-carter-s-conviction-texts-encouraging-n968291
- mass.gov/files/documents/2019/02/06/12502.pdf

I don't really understand why she bothered with an appeal. Her sentence was like only a couple years.

Attached: michelle-carter.jpg (2000x1441, 759K)

At first I thought her charge was ridiculous until I read the text. I assumed it was just a simple "kys" like you get on here all the time but she was manipulating him and saying he has to do it to make her happy and shit. Truly evil shit. Then she went on social media to get a bunch of (you)'s

I wanna eat that girl's ass

What an ugly woman. Her face is scrunched up, it looks so small when put up against her head. Hardly worth killing yourself over, which makes it all the worse that she tricked someone into taking their life.

You can't normally go to jail if someone kills themselves after you tell them to do so, no matter how hurtful or vile the way you say it is.

The only reason she was prosecuted is that she is an exception to that rule, because she had undue influence over his actions because of her relationship towards him and because of his mental state. She exploited that position to make him perform the action knowing that he would do it.

>I don't really understand why she bothered with an appeal
Because if she won she wouldn't have a criminal record, having a record ruins your life and is worse than the jail time.

>having a record ruins your life and is worse than the jail time.

Being in the forefront of a massive news story is worse than a conviction on your record.

A conviction you can explain, a trial by media like this...It doesn't matter how it goes.

I wonder how many sociopaths on here have done this to some mentally ill robot and got away with it

That 7-head tho

I still don't buy this ruling. She's a horrible bitch but this seems like an awful precedent to set no matter what qualifications and caveats you add to it.

Speech ain't violence.

>only 15 months

>defending a roastie.
>ever

>Speech ain't violence

Manslaugher doesn't always involve direct violence. Negligence on your part that causes the death of another, knowingly or unknowingly fits under that definition.

I will fuck her on conjugal visits. She'll be fine.

fuck off, bitch should be serving life. Coercing a person into suicide is murder, doesn't matter if you have a gun to their back to make them do it or not.

You're blinded by your hate, this is going to come back around and bite all of society in the ass

Attached: hissing Chi.gif (500x436, 1.29M)

why would you treat this like free speech? Calls to action are not protected by the constitution. If you tell people to kill the president, it's a crime. If you tell a person to kill themselves and they do, it's also a crime, and should be treated as murder. Fuck off retard.

i have no sympathy for the cuck who killed himself for this roastie, killing yourself over a whore is probably the most beta male move i have ever seen. jesus christ

what is it about a harrowing experience that makes a woman hotter?

Attached: tfwnomurderergf.jpg (2000x1300, 1.04M)

You're fucking loony. If the pic on the left was before she was way more fucking attractive there.

two different people my guy. left is amanda knox after italian prison, this is her before.

Attached: 78f2ee175bb5ecbdb1e3dcce91e10cb2.jpg (650x488, 35K)

likewise, this is michelle before jail.
they both got hotter.

Attached: 920x920.jpg (920x636, 45K)