There's a voice in your head that sounds like you

There's a voice in your head that sounds like you, talks like you, thinks like you.
There's a voice in your head, that when it speaks imitates your voice; when it reads, it reads with your voice; when it thinks, it refers to itself as "I".
Yet the voice is not I. The voice is not you.

There's a voice in your head that thinks it knows what's best for you, what to say and what to do. There's a voice in your head that tells you when to speak, where to go, where not to be, when to hide low. It tells you this with utmost confidence.
Yet the voice does not know.

Attached: diabolic tutor.jpg (500x400, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c_ARUlzRb_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

know what
orig

There's a voice in your head that comments upon everything you see, everything you hear, everything you touch, everything you feel. It comments upon the food that you eat, the people you meet, the grass beneath your feet, even the sound of your very heartbeat: "This tastes old, they look bad, the grass is cold, I feel sad."
Yet the voice has never tasted food; never has it seen a face; never has it touched the surface of the earth; never has it felt your mood. The voice in your head will never know grace.

But there is another part of you, an aspect of you that experiences the world in real-time, prior to any commentary from the voice in your head. There is a part of you that does not rely on the voice in your head to tell you what you are seeing, hearing, touching or feeling. There is a part of you that is fully aware of the continuous unfolding of reality without interference. That part of you is You.

By the time you become aware of the commentary voice in your head, the moment upon which it comments has already passed. It's gone. It's not real anymore.
Imagine that I were to walk behind you commenting upon everything you do nonstop all day long every day. How long would it take you to stop listening to the voice behind your head? A week? A day? An hour? A second?

How long are you going to keep listening to the voice inside your head?
Why would you even listen to the voice inside your head?
It's not even real.

Attached: wojak flickering out of existence.gif (740x900, 1012K)

>Yet the voice does not know.
only if ur a brainlet

The voice does not know what is best for you. It pretends to know.

How is this scary? That voice is your forever loyal BFF

The voice is reading this post for me. He is not bad guy. He even does funny accents.

you stole this idea from evangelion

Finding the voice in your head to be funny and laughable is a very healthy relationship to have with it.
How do you know that the voice is not holding you back from expressing your highest potential?

>anime is the only source of wisdom
sure thing buddy

What is Eugenia Clooney whispering in his ear to make him smile like that?

Attached: 1372615643_kladoffka.com_01.jpg (1000x1500, 223K)

Wrong.
And I don't only have a single voice in my head, I have a myriad of them.

God I look forward to sleeping so much. Its the only time I feel peace.

I meant it more literally than that. I'm not saying this idea originated with eva. I'm saying you watched eva, liked this idea, and attempted to pass it off as your own.

You're very good at making assumptions
I'm sorry, I don't get the joke
>Wrong
What do you mean by this?
>I have a myriad of voices in my head
You're not the only one.

They're all off the rails. None of them are real.
Here's something you can play with. Meditate on the sound "M" with your eyes closed. It will induce a sleep-like state in your mind, and help you fall asleep faster.

first of all thats not how it works my friend you are literally saying your brains cognitive function of thinking and inner voice thank yourself if that were the case then whomst is the "real you" in your head that youre referreing to give us some details that differentiate the two.
second of all lets go along with this idea that this "imitator" isnt actually you why would he wish for you to meet your end he is literally living off of you in your head if of course it is sentient him bringing you to your downfall would be bad for "him" as well it would be more of a active mutualism and incentivise him to bring me prosperity.

im not talking shit hear or anything user but what youre saying makes no sense and im no doc but i genuinly think you might be a schizo get hlp yadda yadda and all that or not but dont shill other impressionable bots on this site to believe this retardation and by the way this is coming from someone who is really really really self-aware so if the "me" inside of my head wasnt me im pretty positive id be able to tell the diff

my b for all the grammatical errors and shit try to use your best judgement and you should get the gist of it

First of all: Please, use commas and punctuations when you write. It will make reading through your paragraphs require less effort.

You claim to be self-aware, but cannot even distinguish between your self and your thoughts. You have much left to explore, friend.

Subject perception Object.
You (the "real" you) are that which is aware of your thoughts. To be aware of your thoughts, there must necessarily be a distinction between you and that which you are aware of. The thoughts are objective to your awareness. Therefore, you cannot be your thoughts, and your thoughts cannot be you.

If this is not convincing to your mind, you can explore it directly by closing your eyes, putting a timer for 1 minute, and counting every thought that you become aware of. For example, if you become aware of the thought: "I swear it's been a minute already," you count "1". Count your thoughts for a minute, and the distinction between the Counter and the counted will be obvious.
As for your second question: Your mind is not trying to kill you. On the contrary, the mind is trying to help you survive, all the time. When you listen to your mind, you are listening to a voice telling you what you must do to survive. My sentiment is that you don't need your mind to tell you what to do ALL_THE_TIME. You can choose not to listen to the mind at any given moment. The consequence of that choice, is the immediate experience of peace.

youtube.com/watch?v=c_ARUlzRb_c

Really wish I could check this facts with an actual psychologist

I don't understand, how can it not be me if I'm actively controlling it?

You ain't. Not in the least. In fact you'll find "yourself" thinking thoughts you don't want all the time

I have no such voice because I talk to myself.

beneath my skin

Psychologists study the mind only in matter and in theory, but never in experience.
You can have read a thousand books on the subject of wine; you can know in theory how it is produced and how to taste the difference between different ages; but without actually tasting wine, your knowledge is useless. Likewise a psychologist who does not explore his or her very Self is useless.
A psychologist who has studied the Self still offers inferior value compared to your own exploration of the Self. Do not simply believe; investigate.

>implying you are in control of your mind
Try the counting thoughts exercise outlined in:
And see if you are able to choose not to have any thoughts. If one minute appears to be easy, try ten minutes without having ANY thoughts.
The appearance of but a single thought will alone prove that you are not in control of your thoughts, but that your mind operates independently of your own will.
What happens when you believe that you are in control of your thoughts, is that your entire awareness becomes absolved by thoughts so that you identify with the thoughts and believe that you are your thoughts. And from the identification with thoughts, it may appears as though you are in control of your thoughts. In reality, your thoughts are in control of you.
Let me draw an analogy. If a slave identifies as his owner, he will fool himself into believing: "But I _want_ to spend my entire life picking cotton and cleaning floors!"

>When each thought absorbs your attention completely, it means you identify with the voice in your head. Thought then becomes invested with a sense of self. This is the ego, a mind-made "me." That mentally constructed self feels incomplete and precarious. That's why fearing and wanting are its predominant emotions and motivating forces.
>When you recognize that there is a voice in your head that pretends to be you and never stops speaking, you are awakening out of your unconscious identification with the stream of thinking. When you notice that voice, you realize that who you are is not the voice -- the thinker -- but the one who is aware of it.
>Knowing yourself as the awareness behind the voice is freedom.
- Eckart Tolle ("Stillness Speaks")

Your inner dialogue is literally your thoughts. IT IS YOU.

The voice/images are an echo of our experiences. No different of a tick, like waving your foot repeatedly, although more complex.
Why separate it in absolutes? We can have partial control over the mind, I can have it play a song on will but it can drift away if I let it so.

Another thought: assuming the mind has its own will, isn't said agency and the randomness it brings desirable? It's pretty interesting to see what it comes up with, and useful that it doesn't work exclusively on manual mode.

I invite you to investigate whether this is really true or not.

>Eckart Tolle
I thought this is where you were coming from.

My first encounter with this subject was from the Don Juan series by Casteneda.

He called it the foreign installation. It is not us.

Your inner dialogue is a part of your mind; a tool.
Letting your mind run on constantly is like leaving saws on in the tool shed even though you aren't using them.

The mind is a tool for problem solving and imagination. There's nothing wrong with deliberately using it to solve problems. It's a different thing to believe that you are the tool that you are wielding. The artist is not his pen, the musician is not his instrument; these are just tools for expressing our will into the world.
The purpose of the mind is to ensure your survival. It is definitely neat that it can operate automatically. But the majority of people in the West today are walking their entire days with their bodies literally in survival mode, and it is literally killing them by exhaustion.

I lost mine to demonic possession. You should be jumping for joy that you still have an inner voice that sounds like you. Mine is now what sounds like annoying black teenagers.

The Devil is real.

I will nuance this a bit.
You are not in control of what your mind is doing.
You are consciousness. The property of consciousness is awareness. You have control over this awareness. Your only choice in life is where you choose to focus your awareness. Do you choose to focus on your thoughts, or elsewhere?
You cannot stop your mind, nor do you need to stop your mind. You simply have to recognize that aspect of your experience which is unchanging, still, silent and eternal. And the only aspect of your experience which has those properties, is your very own consciousness itself.

The thoughts get slower. At some point I was feeling rather than thinking. Focusing at nothing like when you get distracted and forget about the world for one sec, you know? Those times when you suddenly come back and think "oh where was I ?" After staring at nothing for a minute. Is this how meditation works?

I trust my voice

But the two of my voices fight

Welcome to the present moment. This is where you live. You may want to stay here. This is where your life happens.

I counted my thoughts what was that suppose to achieve?

I don't have a voice in my head at all. I just do what needs to be done. Only brainlets need to think a voice in their head to read

The voice in my head tells me that you're full of shit. For once we agree on something.

I appreciate you taking the time to ramble on your schizophrenia tonight. This might be the first time I felt peace with him.

>"You" are just electric goo and strings "controlling" a bunch of twitching meat

Attached: 1544876153757.jpg (413x413, 21K)

Just spent 7 minutes without a single thought crossing my head. What does that make me?

You idiot, I AM the voice. When I die I will disappear. The carcass will remain. Who knows what will happen to it. The husk is MY tool, MY device. I am the only thing that is real. Everything else I perceive is fickle. I am the only constant.

OP is indeed, forever and always, a MASSIVE fucking faggot. Nothing wrong with opening up a thread discussing the philosophical differences between physical, conscious and subconscious selves. But, you've gone about it in the worst way, with underage pseud tripfaggery, making vauge implications to your (most likely half-baked or nonexistent) "point" and saying nothing else of value. Do you want to discuss the topic, or do you want to keep engaging in mindless pseudointellectual egotistical skullduggery?