Got tested for IQ when I was a kid, it was 140

>Got tested for IQ when I was a kid, it was 140
>Have yet to see how this makes my life better
I suck at talking to people, and I'm not good at school. IQ is a meme

Attached: jynx-maze.jpg (640x960, 67K)

Looking for some sympathy from other high IQ bots

IQ tests are weird when you're young because they're basically a measure of how well you perform against your peers. Getting 140 when you're like 10 means you could still be below 100 when you're a grown man.

130 here. Semi deadbeat, hardly any friends, spend most of time outside work alone playing vidya or shitposting, only completed some community college because I hate school.

132-137 here. Im back in school finally after being NEET since 2014. Its kicking my ass but its ok, im just not used to having to do any work at all.

yeah, I tested high at 11 or 12, but I didn't keep learning or improving academically. By now I bet I'm a solid 105

>Getting 140 when you're like 10 means you could still be below 100 when you're a grown man.
Is this likely though? Like maybe Im actually retarded?

Having an high IQ made you overconfident.
You weren't paying much attention in school and weren't studying much, am I wrong?

>You weren't paying much attention in school and weren't studying much, am I wrong?
you aren't wrong

IQ and social skills aren't related

Most within a year put me in the 135 range
We sit on the bell curve, we are as far away from normies as retards, maybe thats why both ends of the spectrum seem real and the shit in the middle all seem the same

bobby fischer's iq was like 160 and he could barely wipe his ass. you're probably autistic or ugly.

>you're probably autistic or ugly.
Im not ugly, so i guess im autistic

Not him, but I didn't know my IQ until I was in my 20s and it didn't help since I was who I was by then.

Entirely possible. Intelligence fluctuates just as like strength. Some people are strong as fuck naturally but most people need to exercise. If you're not using your brain often you do get dumber.

in what situation would u even get ur iq tested

Apparently I was acting like a brat in school and my teachers thought I was a retard, and suggested I get my IQ tested

Not OP but you're talking about neuroplasticity?

160 here, I'm definitely good at certain things, but I wish I wasn't so bad the stuff that actually matters, like work ethic or getting a gf.

Neuroplasticity works in both ways. You can improve it and allow it to decay.

IQ isn't a direct cause of success. It just correlates with it. I got tested for 140 in my psychology class which was the top of the class despite the fact that I get some of the worst results of any of us.

Idk what my official IQ is, user. But I was nominated for the gift child award thing on a national level in my country. But I know life is shit and there's no point to anything, so why bother with anything

high growth low cap. thats all our IQ meant. they tested us too early, placed unreal expectations on us, and then became shocked when we began to fail those expectations.

Got tested at 16 and got 154.
So far in my life, I went to college after just barely scraping by with 50s/60s in my final semester of highschool. I dropped out of college after 3 months with crippling depression. During the last month there I only left my room twice, and only to get food. I was asleep at least 3/4 of every day, and packed on ~60 lb.
I worked at a coffee shop full-time for 3 months while living with my parents to pay off student loans.
I took a free construction course for 3 months to hopefully learn something, but I didn't.
Took an official aptitude test for specific jobs and fields which concluded that I'd be well above average in any field; unhelpful.
And over the last year or so I've been working a part-time job that has actually been pretty good, still living with parents, only contributing through favours, usually building/repair related.
No idea what to do at this point. I'm just fluttering in the water with on direction to go.

why not move out and work full time somewhere else user? I'd hate to live with my parents

same except I'm great at school I'm just too socially anxious to go.

I got 117 on a decent online one. Obviously it was not official but I was pretty bummed out. I thought I was at least 120 because I always understood abstract concepts really quickly (anything from economics to psychology) and could express myself fairly well. Maybe verbal IQ is just a shortcut.

I could work full-time (well not right now actually because it's the low season), but I'm trying to give myself time to find something to do with my life, and to help my folks out.
I genuinely love living with my family, they are great people.

iq 150 and all i do is lie in bed thonking about death desu

>be high IQ
>dislike licking feets and sucking dicks
>do bad in school
wew

Attached: 1549565994296.gif (272x320, 884K)

>IQ tests as a child
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your IQ score as a child and an adult different? I can't seem to remember the term of it.

IQ over a certain point directly correlates with poor life outcomes