What do you think happens after you die?

What do you think happens after you die?

There's the Abrahamic heaven and hell theory based on fanfiction tier writings

Then there's the lights out theory which makes the most sense if you're being honest with yourself. When you die your consciousness is no more for eternity. All of your memories and indeed your entire life become meaningless once they are erased by the Void.

Thoughts?

Attached: 50590616_642631102862717_7374223070707318784_n.jpg (638x960, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IMtDuv48XsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think you just live the same life over and over again.

Eternity means nothing for a mind that doesn't exist. Which means that eternity will pass in an instant, and you will be reborn in another universe.

oh, it's much more complicated than that
you should dig philosophy, read "phaedo" to begin with

I will thank you sir

I'm not sure, OP. I would like to think reincarnation is a thing but we're all most likely wrong and what actually happens is something we cannot quite understand.

Or something.

Attached: 1537369929985.jpg (328x353, 21K)

The first part is true but what makes you think second part about being reborn is true?

>What do you think happens after you die?
Like any other animal, nothing.

I believe that there is the same state of non-existence as before we were born. Our consciousness or 'soul' is a product of our brain so when that dies there is nothing.

What I delusionally hope for is an afterlife.
One where I can live this life again, only it turns out alright this time around. ;-;

You die and that's it. Everything other idea is just cope and no one wants to accept this fact because they are scared of the fact they just won't exist after they die. It's also hard to accept the fact that you aren't living a special life and that you're a meat puppet full of brain chemistry that makes you act the way you do. People will pull psuedo intellectual bullshit to try and prove otherwise but it never has any foundation.

Attached: images (14).jpg (204x300, 15K)

Are you trying to tell me my dog isn't in doggy heaven

it wont be anything to look forward to, if this life has been any indication, fuck whoever or whatever came up with all this crap that im stuck in

Do you remember what is was like before you came into existence?

Because you will go back to that.

Attached: 58C89E69-D96F-40CE-8EE6-2085E0545DCC.jpg (755x1109, 361K)

Dogs don't go to doggy heaven and people don't go to people heaven.
>b-b-but muh human race is special
Yes, we are, but we're still animals.

How did you get here now?

who says you can't come back then? you know you did it once already...

Exactly. It's it the strangest thing to be alive at all?

My particular arrangement of matter came into the right configuration.

nothing. you won't experience "being dead".

what i do find fascinating is how humans seem to be compelled to conjure up different ways that would have them in denial about this.
i mean you wont experience it so the only other thing that would make it bad or scary is if you think that your existence somehow makes the world a better place or if it matters at all, which you wouldnt experience either.

It's because people are programmed to not want to die and to want to reproduce.

we're reborn to suffer once again

like sleeping, but you don't wake up, the only logical answer
>I think you just live the same life over and over again.
That was a tough experiment you brainlet

That's strange enough. Wouldn't it be stranger if it never happened again after you fall apart?

I hope that there's some sort of after-life, but it's probably just going to be "nothing", aka what it was like before I was a thing.

Attached: b92qwnorcv3z.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

>phaedo
God-tier introduction to the topic

>the only logical answer
only brainlets think like this

You know how when you're dreaming you'll get lost in the narrative and forget what it was like back when you were awake? Maybe death is just a transition to a new life from an old one you can't recall

That's an interesting idea. When I die in dreams I get a familiar sensation

no wonder evolution favoured instincts... insects can live out their lifes without a single thought and they're actually the most successfull creatures on earth in terms of sheer numbers

>That was a tough experiment
what the fuck are you talking about?

>Then there's the lights out theory which makes the most sense if you're being honest with yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=IMtDuv48XsQ

I like to think that you relive your life but better, and you passively gain what you learn from your past life. So right now, If you work on only learning things, the next life you will be slightly smarter. Giga chads with perfect genetics and super smart people are just a really high level, while the mentally retarded are a very low level. You have to min max your life though, because just being super smart won't get you anywhere in your future life.