How about we have a comfy dorf fort thread, frens? Just made my first fort and got a still, butchery...

How about we have a comfy dorf fort thread, frens? Just made my first fort and got a still, butchery, and carpenter done, what should I do next? And how is adventure mode?

Attached: dwarf-fortress-5.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

First time I read about this game. Seems complicated, but really fun in the long run

Attached: 44603364_2059752224087768_1857656561921425408_n.jpg (630x771, 35K)

Best way to get into it is just to get the lazy newb pack, watch a quick tutorial then play till you get it. Losing is fun.

i'll play it once it has a vanilla UI, not that cmd shit

>b-b-but it's good once you mod it
fuck off

Attached: 1509934057450.jpg (2048x1224, 522K)

it's literally never going to have a proper ui, mod it or fuck off and stop complaining

the game isn't for you normalfag

beautiful game OP, I love playing it but i cant bring myself to start a new fort
If you like DF you should try toadys other game Liberal Crime Squad, it's fun as fuck, like GTA with huge (comparatively) depth.

I used to run a comfy 40d fort. All this stuff with vampires and werebeasts and spoopy creatures really hurts the comfy feelings :c

what happened to your old fort(s)? or are you just burned out user?
The UI feels alright, it only took me about 20 minutes to start making things lightning fast

Which version should I get? Also could I run this on my shitty thinkpad?

Yeah, it takes a bit of effort to get a good fort going and I just don't have it in me anymore. The fact that I didn't use mods probably didn't help.

The latest version.
Maybe early game but even good computers struggle with medium and especially large forts.

I got the latest one, right at the top of the site when you google dwarf fortress. Also, yes and no I think, if I tweak with the world settings and make it too big or have too much history my above average rig starts to chug. Also spay your cats unless you got two titans in there.

>4 years until DF magic
>Factorio is a month away from a major update
>x4 is needing a lot of updates/mods
Where do I get my autism fix?

do you actually play 4x?
Cause that game looks fucking amazing but I have no clue what the fuck to do in it.
I can handle dwarf fortress with no mods but 4x is another beast entirely.

Never played Fort mode, but planning to, especially after loving Rimworld. I did Advernturer mode a ton, it's a little confusing at times though, and I daresay broken. Sometimes when you are a human and you spawn, you spawn in an inn, but there is no exit. I've tried in the past, I can't do it. Otherwise, it's relatively fun. I haven't done much more than go around and torment a few villages, as well as die.

Once, I died at the hands of some old woman. That was shameful.

I feel like I'm just not playing it properly.

I can't think of a more normie scum game than DF. It's literally Rebbit: The Video Game
>no gameplay
>no objectives
>no endgame
>designed like ass "make ur own fun XD"
>literally just overcomplicated Minecraft with shitty graphics
>DUDE U WONT BELIEVE WHAT RANDUMB WACKY SHIT KILLED MY FORT LMAO HEHE CATSPLOSION :DD
Also if you go on the official forum, most people there are MLPfags. That's telling of a kind of degenerate it takes to enjoy this shit.

what the fuck do you do in adventure mode, i can never get beyond being a murderhobo

wow, i have never heard a more black pot so VIOLENTLY accosting an innocent kettle about their shared color

>no gameplay
>no objectives
>no endgame
So robot games are all mainstream games all built in the traditional way? How is that not more normal or normie? Lmao fuck off

Normies can't stand traditional games that require mastery and practice, and which kill you if you suck.

DF legit will fuck you if you suck though. Also if normies hate traditional games I wonder what millions are buying them you absolute logicless mong

Walk around, visit some villages. You can plunder some areas.

It doesn't feel like a complete experience, but maybe I'm just spoiled.

Yeah no, it's definitely not. Fortress mode is the main focus of the game, but I'd love for adventure mode to be more fleshed out.

Well, guess I have no excuse to not try Fort out then.

Does anyone know what sprite pack is being used in this image??

Attached: 7TcWEqz.jpg (1350x1359, 807K)

>that require mastery and practice
so Dwarf Fortress?