Tfw watching DBZ for the first time all the way through while lifting in my home gym

>tfw watching DBZ for the first time all the way through while lifting in my home gym
Feels great bros. Everyone is jacked out of their minds. Goku is a good father and husband. It's very wholesome.

Attached: Goku.png (905x507, 930K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uPwVuC3YOrc
youtube.com/watch?v=nQvYZxgdhgg
youtube.com/watch?v=97bm7PE28wo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>DB
cool
>Z
trash

youtube.com/watch?v=uPwVuC3YOrc

>Goku is a good father and husband
You sure you're watching DBZ there champ?

>Goku is a good father and husband.
Are you retarded?
>very wholesome.
>>>/Tumblr/

>some gay soi youtube video
Get some balls.

He is. It's actually really refreshing to see a loving hetero family portrayed with a strong masculine father with all the marxist bullshit being pushed in modern media.

Watching dbz made me care about fitness and fighting. It pushed me to mma which has in turn made me do bjj and lift weights. If I never watched dbz growing up I think I’d be a different person. I’m 27 now and I still love dbz even tho it’s beyond retarded

I hope you also watched DB it is very nice as well. Lots of great fights, and they're better choreographed than the ones in Z.

I started lifitng after watching the second season of Jojo
all those gay poses got in my head in a good way

>home gym
There's nothing quite like lifting alone in your personal hyperbolic nogf chamber.

DBZ is still cash. I just hate the fact that its made into a new shitty spinoff nowadays nothings original, its all remakes of old flicks and old shows still getting dragged on. no one can accept a series should end how it was meant to.

I might watch it eventually, from what I understand it's a lot less action oriented and more adventure. Also a lot more focused on humor.

>nogf
What if I told you..

yeah but the tournament arcs + king piccolo are where it's at since these are fighting oriented

>he hasnt watched original dragonball

fucking hell

>Also a lot more focused on humor.
more in the beginning, and that's a good thing

nigger's jobless, dead most of the time and doesn't give a fuck about his son's education/future.
He's deadbeat as fuck user

>He is
He was never there for his son and wife, his son was raised by that green nigger

goku doesn't give two shits about his kids, Piccolo raised them
and he fucked chichi a total of two times during their whole marriage
also he spents more time dead or in the time chamber than with his family

goku is a fucking nigger

I'll probably watch it, but I've got like 250 more episodes of DBZ and like 9 movies.

Did you know that DBZ aired in USA first? DB didn't come til well after. They're actually pretty separate, you don't really need to know anything from DB for DBZ. DBZ aired in 1996, DB in 2001.

why is this such a popular opinion?
he has to save the fucking world, what do you want him to do? lose his gains and spend 90% of his time playing catch and fishing?

fucking napa would have killed him 30 seconds into the Z series

dumbasses

They're just memeing retards.

the problem with Goku is that he's a retard portrayed as a good guy
Vegeta doesn't take care of his kids either but he is a cunt and doesn't pretend to be otherwise

>about to beat the villajn
>gives him a power up
Literal nigger

retards cant be nice people?
i'm sure you're a nice enough guy

>250 more episodes of DBZ
there's a lot of filler in there and I'm not sure if there's a new dub of DBZ but the original English one had weird out of character stuff for Goku in it. Things that made him seem like a lawful good character, which he isn't. I watched the English version of DBZ Kai and I can only recommend it.

Yeah it’s a kids cartoon man

> Good father

Attached: piccolodad.jpg (282x178, 13K)

I'm watching the original dub with bruce faulconer music. Truly the patrician option. Fuck kai, it's voice actors and it's censorship.

>he has to save the fucking world
he has to satiate his addiction to fighting more than anything, even if it risks killing everyone
at least DBS is like that

That's bullshit. It was merely a year where he trained with piccolo because Goku died.

>he has to save the fucking world
that's something he is not very keen on doing though. He jeorpadizes earth by letting Freezer live and land on earth, refuses to fight Cell and completely ignores the immense threat that is Boo. He only cares for getting stronger and fighting. It was basically pure luck that he was saving the world.

>the original dub with bruce faulconer music. Truly the patrician option.
yikes. Original DB music is far superior.
>it's censorship.
what was censored? Blue Mr. Popo was just in some version that was aired on a single TV station, normal Kai had black Popo

>He only cares for getting stronger and fighting.
Yeah this is whole character since DB.

I see more people claiming that he's a good father than bad desu.
I don't know why though.
Having flaw makes him much more interesting as a character.

He saves the world and works on a farm most of the time. Just because it's offscreen most of the time doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

yeah but it was getting worse. After Krillin's first death he went completely berserk, but at the end of Z, he was fine with the earth getting destroyed and all his friends potentially killed by Boo if they can't do it themselves. He even stated that he would have been able to kill Fat Boo in his SS3 form while dead but didn't do it because he thought it wasn't his problem.

Attached: Angry Goku.png (1202x900, 1.13M)

>Original DB music is far superior
Nah. That's for gay hipsters. The synth rock style is iconic.

>what was censored?
Gore, nudity, sex, alcohol etc.

Attached: eGeeWcH.png (533x363, 119K)

stop spoiling the series for OP, faggots

>Babysit your friends for decades
>You die or can't be there when next big threat comes
>Everyone fucking dies cause they have no experience or training

Goku made the right call you gotta nut up or shut up

I watch the current show and while it doesn't really capture the imagination and hypeness as the earlier shows did, I still get pumped when I see two beefed fucks pummeling the shit out of each other for the fate of their own respective universe

Attached: thumb-1920-909900.png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

What about GT mustache Vegeta? Daughter's a brat but they all are at that age, he seemed to settle into fatherhood well enough.

>he has not seen Vegeta's behaviour in Super
call me a fag but I actually had to cry a bit at one scene with Vegeta and Trunks.

I haven't seen super yet, except for a short clip YouTube threw at me of Vegeta raging after Bulma gets slapped

I fucking love DBZ and I love Goku but he is a literal retard and a terrible husband and father.

DBZ is what encouraged me to start going to the gym

i still do the kamehameha pose when im on my own sometimes

Hokuto no Ken is superior.

relevant

Attached: dbz power levels plotted over time.png (1645x1204, 321K)

Watch the movie "Battle with the Gods" it's absolutely lit

hell yeah

hell yeah

user, if Goku was a nigger then he'd have been fucking bulma on the reg, had fucked chi-chi on the reg and had 4 kids by now and trunks would have been his son.

Thing is, the Japs liked that portrayal of Goku and all fanfiction versions of him made by toei and the fandom push the american hero version of him.
Shit they subbed the fanimation version of DBZ and it's apparently pretty dang popular. Good reason it's probably really popular is because it's novel to hear the adult sonfamily men with unique male voices.

When Goku died piccolo was picking up the slack
When Goku was off training Gohan always went off to train with or hangout with piccolo.

Face it. Piccolo was basically Gohan's father.
Even Toriyama acknowledges it.

Fuck off retard. The series is decades old, if you get spoiled then that's your problem.

there are people currently posting on this board who weren't even alive when DBZ started airing

based. saiyan saga was my favorite
the new stuff is pretty bland. i watched the trunks one with the evil goku and it was shit

You literally have no clue what marxism actually is.

>Goku always dying for years at a time
>Gohan being raised by a single mom and some green nigga
>becoming a beta chuck

Real good father huh

>goku
>good father
he literally abandoned his family to work out with his buddies

>gives cell a sensu bean so it's a fair fight

>Marxist bullshit
Fucking brainlet, go read some books instead of watching cartoons

>Watching the abridged (or as I like to call it "reddit does anime") instead of the original
not gonna make it.

I refuse to believe that

>bitches about muh onions
>bitches about muh modern society
>simultaneously binge watches anime while lifting alone in his homegym
Look at yourself and your position objectively and never (You) someone about being a soiboy ever again

You know, Goku seems to exhibit more Sayan traits than the Prince of them

I still don’t get why Piccolo gets the ‘real father’ treatment over Krillin who Gohan actually has more scene time with and were partners on Namek

>A percentage of this thread
Bet you guys think that the human cast are all white or that Vegeta is canonically taller than Bulma

Attached: 67ED39F7-DF66-4DC0-8A30-D605F7B1E47F.jpg (1708x1780, 1.03M)

Dude it's a cartoon, dunno what or who you're trying to flex for

>Liking outdated synthesizers
>Liking all comedic scenes having a synthesized xylophone
>Hating orchestral composition and rhythmic tempos
Also all “censorship” was from the tv cut that aired on daytime children’s television in both the U.S and Japan. If I were you, I would’ve bought the DBZ Kai Blu-Ray set. Which is uncensored and verbally different, as Goku’s says “Shit, crap, damn, ass, and Hell” if you wanna feed your edgy teen mind. If you think I’m full of shit, have a YouTube video
youtube.com/watch?v=nQvYZxgdhgg

Attached: D453119A-396B-404E-BA7D-06BF1538C1D8.png (1334x750, 2.14M)

DBZ is actually trash now that we are adults. Yeah it was fucking awesome coming home at 330pm, turning on toonami and watching but not so much now. DBZ might have the most filler out of any anime I have ever seen. Can literally be 3 episodes of a guy standing still powering up. Its nuts

That’s what happens when you have a DBZ thread on Jow Forums of all places. Have you seen /a/‘s DB generals? It’s a damn pissing contest

As I’ve grown older, I really don’t care about the story but appreciate the craftmanship behind the scenes. A young chain smoking Asian father who found a way to write a children’s comic and published 1-2 new chapters every week for 11 years is way more impressive to me than muscle men fighting

Attached: 4EDF7443-7F9D-45AF-919C-780428057F95.jpg (580x773, 155K)

It's deliberately ironic that Vegeta becomes more human and Goku becomes more Saiyan as the series goes on.

Even the complete uncut version of Kai is still tamer than original Z. See .webm related with Raditz and Goku's chest wounds being replaced by black smudges, Vegeta fisting Zarbon is much shorter and removes most of the blood, same thing with Freeza impaling Krillin. Random cuts and blood smudges on characters are airbrushed out, characters coughing up blood are replaced with them spitting.

Attached: Piccolo kills Raditz _ Dragon Ball Kai (360p_29fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).webm (640x360, 2.88M)

Trash
youtube.com/watch?v=97bm7PE28wo

Attached: hnk kino.png (1398x919, 2.14M)

>Goku is a good father and husband.
based. finally someone else agrees.

Attached: 1545665126871.png (1282x721, 756K)

Because hes a turbo manlet

Even now at 25 just looking at those manga panels makes me love DB even more. Its just based as fuck i will never grow out of it

What was he looking at?

Attached: The Doc seeing.jpg (736x415, 42K)

>thinking goku is a good father
>knocks his wife up
>chooses to stay dead for 7 years
>comes back like nothing happened
>abandons his cryong wife and granddaughter to go train some brown kid he doesnt know
>never kissed his wife
>wasnt there for the birth of either of his kids
You clearly are watching a different show retard

Attached: 0d5b91c9324e98466f704e2fa75c5c9c53422828b7688247af44e6f910992a9b.jpg (640x360, 44K)

is this a bait thread?

I want to look like Broly

Attached: 1540592806055.png (650x300, 239K)

He's the literal worst. Not like he's nasty or anything, but he just disappears for years at a time without even saying anything, no consideration.

He had time for fucking driving lessons

September 1996.

1989 actually,

I mean the Western broadcast

He was talking about USA

UK too

nice

Attached: 1546793044101.jpg (408x398, 38K)

Where are you watching the remaster version? can't seem to find that shit anywhere

There are no 100% perfect remasters of dbz. They all just varie in quality because all the original cels were sold off .There’s DBox, the unfinished level sets, and the Kai remasters . They all vary, Kai is the closest to accurate remastering, but like said, the first episodes are lukewarmly censored because of 2010s Japanese censorship laws involving children’s media. DBox is the og American dub at dvd quality with an annoying yellow filter. The level sets are right up there with Kai, and are the og us dub, but they got canned after the Sayain saga.
Just search in /t/ or /wsr/ for some torrents

Attached: E7941581-1D30-466F-B25D-3CF68A09B06D.jpg (694x498, 181K)

It's not the remaster. The remaster has weird graphic glitches because of the upscaling. They also cut off the top and bottom of the scenes to force 16:9 aspect ratio. It also has the japanese style music, instead of the bruce faulconer synth/rock. It's also censored I believe. You can watch the remaster on funimation.com.

I downloaded the original western version off piratebay. Original resolution, music, uncensored etc.

Attached: Goku.png (1114x620, 1.21M)

>Good father and husband
>The man who put multiple universes at stake so he could fight strong people and literally never kissed his wife.

Attached: JNf0JDG.png (814x1024, 389K)

I’m not the other guy but here’s a big question. Is Hell interpreted as Hell or the Home For Infinite Losers?

It says hell on their shirts if that's what you mean.

Attached: Hell.png (663x369, 539K)

>It's also censored I believe.
Hey bro, you do you with the Dub you like. But you’re starting to lie about the technicalities of the remasters. The dub on funimation’s website is the same to the one you’re watching. With the only difference being the music. I get that you’re a fan of Falcouner and the ‘97 Funimation dub, but it isn’t the final say, it’s just another interpretation of a series

Attached: D626DF46-957D-47D2-9613-DEA3D40885BD.jpg (236x373, 16K)

Imagine missing the point of a TV show for all ages

>sacrificing yourself to death for literally no reason other than to save your son, not once but twice, makes you a bad father

he was the reason his son was in danger in the first place.
>letting frieza power up multiple times
>not killing cell when he had the chance
>giving cell a senzu bean
>making gohan fight
>not killing buu when he had the chance
The thing Goku cares about the most is having a fun fight, everything else like the planet and his family is secondary

>I believe
>"lie"
The autism. And lets be real, the bruce faulconer music is the supreme version.

The first time he dies he's saving gohan from radditz. That situation was definitely not goku's fault. Second time he dies was because he was saving gohan from cell after a very unforeseeable series of events. The only reason he gave cell the senzu bean was because he was so proud of his son that he was 100% sure he would win and prove to everyone how much better gohan was than him, and he was right.

>Vegeta doesn't take care of his kids
Retarded speedwatcher.