Is working out just obsessive self improvement to avoid insanity?

Is working out just obsessive self improvement to avoid insanity?

Attached: 1558925871378.jpg (1200x1200, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LUYBWuI5uXk&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

4 U

lifting and looksmaxing actually made me obsessive and borderline fucked in the head

It gives you purpose in this purposeless world

yes.

>celebrates conservative values
>too undisciplined to act them out
glad I'm out here enjoying my life instead of LARPing as an Orthodox Christian trying to save western civilization on a Mongolian basket-weaving forum.

anything can be considered a distraction from existential dread

degenerate scum

your roastie wife will cheat on you

Yes

This is me, except I don't smoke.
Never gonna make it.

Yep. Lifting and taking long walks/jogs on a sunny day can improve your mood. If I had to stay inside of my house all day without being able to go outside, I'd go insane. Even if it's raining, I'll walk 5 miles with an umbrella, I don't give a fuck. Light cardio is something you'll never take from me. Fuck you, Tiffany, you'll never see me again, and I look good now, I hope you fucking rot and get more pokes from needles you fucking addict loser. Go fuck another black guy. Cardio is something you can't even comprehend, fatass. FUCK YOU, YOU CAN'T WALK 5 MINUTES WITHOUT NEEDING TO TAKE A BREAK, YOU'RE A FAILURE AND YOUR LACK OF HEALTHY HABITS WILL CATCH UP TO YOU EVENTUALLY, WHORE!

Someone link that study to that rat experiment.

We are basicallg the reclusive rats that are constantly grooming themselves while detaches from society.

Big mood

Well. That escalated quickly.

Except you're not beautiful
kys

good grief

Attached: 1533104976170.jpg (2448x3264, 1.99M)

What do you think the obsessive attention to one's body and diet translates to in the mind of an archetypical male? Yes, my dear user.. It is our definition of beauty.

For a rat that may be the quality of his fur, for us, it is looksmaxxing by increasing body definition,, lowering bodyfat, and adapting to whatever social trivialities are in vogue for the hoi polloi.

I hope you appreciate my effort in detailing the obvious to you. If this correlation is still evading your stunted grasp, then I cannot help you any further.

He's going through it man

How can you autists manage to procure a steady weed supply but can't find a random girl to fuck? This makes no fucking sense to me. I'm a dyel with a hot nymph GF and wouldn't even know where to get weed.

Imagine thinking we are so far removed from our ancestors that you try to come up with some faggy meta reason why it is a good thing to be strong and healthy when it is nothing more than a biological impetus.

Attached: 1558923654971.jpg (1278x993, 121K)

Seriously. Plato was a philosopher and a competitive pro wrestler in a time where he could have arguably just settled to be a philosopher. I'm guessing if that guy found a reason to be strong and healthy and he helped determine the bedrock of of values for western civilization then count me in. I'll keep being strong and healthy untill I figure out why

Attached: 1552082726908.jpg (900x978, 171K)

is there a mid 30's doomer meme out their

Somewhat true in my case, but that doesn't apply only to lifting.. also for other projects im working to improve my overall quality of life, it's my way to try to be ahead of depression or other negative thoughts.

>Is working out just obsessive self improvement to avoid insanity?

. . .N-no.

Attached: Multiple Distress Calls.png (326x315, 113K)

Pragmatic and grounded-pilled

Attached: 1558743855071.jpg (720x1013, 145K)

>I'll keep being strong and healthy until I figure out why.

Jow Forums screencap this

>Is working out just obsessive self improvement to avoid insanity?

Could be, seems to be for me. That's why I love it. Lifting has always been my savior in life. I am 32 and would be dead without it and I am not joking.

Lifting saved me from a level of partying and addiction that wouldn't have killed me directly but it was ruining my life and also destroying my mental health.

Lifting is one of the rare good addictions to have. Started as cope for me but had turned into a lifestyle that actually gives back to me just as much as I put into it. It's my foundation for success in work, personal life, and being around long enough to hurt my family.

There are far worse things to get caught up in. When it comes to gym life, I fully suggest embracing it.

>around long enough [not] to hurt my family

I was at the point where nothing mattered. It's terrifying now to look back and wonder what it would have been like getting burried young and putting that burden on my parents and siblings.

Sorta kinda. I obsessed over bodybuilding from age 18-21. I would sacrifice social outings just to hit the gym or eat at home. I figured ounce I became big and ripped then I would have all the qt.girls and life would be better. Turns out social gains are just as important as physical gains.I now just lift to maintain, my prioritizes have shifted to trying to break out of my shell but I dont like many people so that's been an issue.

Attached: 1542548490036.png (1067x1200, 516K)

This

Couldn't of wrote that better myself

This is mostly me but I did quit smoking cigs and weed. I haven't given up on girls, for the most part. Partly because I just got out of a three year relationship a few months ago. How do I stop looking down on normies? Also funnily enough I'm on day 3 of no fap right now and it's a struggle to say the least.

Let it all out man, fuck that bitch Tiffany.

Attached: the-24-year-old-doomer-go-getter-enough-is-enough-takes-37798266.png (499x501, 202K)

I don't even know her but Tiffany can go eat a fucking dick.

At least this man has a higher ideal to strive for. You on the other hand are nothing and will always be nothing.

It's good to vent your feelings user. Sounds like you're much better off without her.

literally exactly what it is for me
I'm a miserable sack of shit and on the edge of a nervous breakdown every day
I've had suicidal thoughts for about 6 years now and if I hadn't started lifting I probably would have burned all bridges and necked myself by now

>Celebrates conservative values
>too undisciplined to act them out
>pls kill me

Attached: 54430422_612869279185396_2070198846834606080_n.png (474x474, 308K)

Sub insanity for neuroticism and ya got me pegged

I love Jow Forums, man! I really love this place. The occasional useful bit of information, links and stuff as well as the utter desperation of a generation of shallow losers ... and then such rare threads of insightfulness

Attached: 1558828709415.gif (245x138, 397K)

Attached: 320978.jpg (537x464, 64K)

>deep thinker
so fucking cringe lmao

>not engaging in the constant struggle that is life
I feel sorry for you.

Why would you Shack up with a chick like that to begin with? I bail at ANY red flag because I'd rather be single and not have to deal with people

Attached: o4vlizg.jpg (711x600, 33K)

when I think about what I want in life, and I look at the things that I can't have, a beautiful body is not one of them. A beautiful mind is not one of them. I want to be a walking piece of art. I want to uplift others.

this but it actually has been a benefit

kino as fuck image

I had a gf, family, friends.....all gone. Lifting is all I have now

>ideal
lmaoing @ u

We are all gonna make it brah, except Tif*'ny, she can suck a nig dick

started off really wholesome...

>It's my foundation for success in work, personal life, and being around long enough to hurt my family.
>being around long enough to hurt my family.
based psycho poster

>enjoying life
Never gonna make it

youtube.com/watch?v=LUYBWuI5uXk&t=0s