What is Jow Forums's opinion of sumo wrestlers? They seem to be different from the run of the mill fatass

What is Jow Forums's opinion of sumo wrestlers? They seem to be different from the run of the mill fatass

Attached: Sumo.jpg (225x224, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z3C0s31sApo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PmtNp2idw
youtube.com/watch?v=fVRNZ5alZeU#
youtube.com/watch?v=iQpgXjh18vg&t=212s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No shit, if you look at a sumo wrestler doing their beginning ritual you can see they pack gigantic glutes and delts under all that fat.

They just bloatmaxx because weight moves weight, otherwise they're built just like your average wrestler

They are strong as hell and unlike many other strength athletes they are actually drug-free.

They are just like linebackers. They need the fat for their sport so I respect their efforts. Even if they are obese, they aren't worthy of posting in /fph/

They are strong as fuck and actually have insane cardio. Image doing 1k squats a day weighing 350+ pounds and thats just squats.

Look up training videos on YT just to see how insane Sumo training is.

Attached: zsamjrcn5rm11.jpg (630x315, 19K)

Bruh the professional ones are elite athletes who craft their body to be better at their sport. They might not be particularly fast runners or have a high endurance, but any other measure of athleticism they got it (accounting for their mass of course). At the NFL combine the defensive lineman aren't held to the same measureables as the cornerbacks, but good luck convincing anyone they aren't elite athletes.

Attached: sumo-c34820a96180eb40e2ea82dcf9ec47fa289e8cea-s800-c85.jpg (800x600, 115K)

I was in on the mainstream meme of sumo wrestlers just being fat, there's probably a lot of shit that's obvious I'm just too retarded to know

I wouldnt go that far. Maybe some of the lower ranked rikishi who live in the stables are drug free but the higher ranked who get to live on their own... Im not sure. Look at tochinoshin for example.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

This is a fucking respectable body. Good definition still and even vascularity in the shoulders. Mirrin.

mirin that upper body

Thats Chiyonofuji. Probably the most popular Rikishi of all time and one of the greatest. Women loved him too and would gather in packs outside of his house begging him to marry one of them!

He was super into weightlifting to make up for his low bf as there are no weight classes and it payed off. Hes pretty much the irl E.Honda.

Attached: BnSQxK1CQAEHGcU.jpg (600x672, 51K)

God tochinoshin is such a fucking animal

I am so glad he will return to Ozeki rank. He fought his heart out this basho.

From all athletes sumo wrestlers have the most amounts of muscle mass on average, it just happens its covered by a lot of fat most of the time.

Also their training is insane, i have read articles where top footbal players tried their workouts with them and quit in middle from exhaustion.

Pic related was benching 200+kg and doing 600kg leg press easily

Attached: gettyimages-134401840-1024x1024.jpg (947x1024, 517K)

How many fatties do you know that can stretch one leg above their head while balancing on the other?

Attached: sumo_wrestler_in_japan__2878963194.jpg (499x333, 47K)

OP here, can anyone link me some good videos of them actually training? tried looking on youtube but all I could find was videos more focused on the diet.

a thread about sumo without the fucking legend in person !

youtube.com/watch?v=z3C0s31sApo

I highly respect them, but in still gonna make fat jokes about them.

They have incredibly strong lower bodies, but there isnt much special about thier upper bodies.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PmtNp2idw
This is a well made documentary

youtube.com/watch?v=fVRNZ5alZeU#

The championships are so much fun to watch. You will find your answer looking at the vital stats of the wrestlers.

they do 300 bodyweight squats a day. they can almost do full splits. they train 3 hours a day every day. most guys at 300lbs-320lbs are around 25% body fat. the bigger ones have more fat but they are all really fucking strong an huge.

this is a bodybuilder wrestling them:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQpgXjh18vg&t=212s

fucked up there near the end but i hope he keeps cycling and makes it

hey bud, truth is they are all on steroids all the time. but dont blame them. this sport is brutal. everyone needs to fight every day of every tournament or they get a loss. if you lose, you drop in the rankings. you lose your salary, your benefits, everything. they train 3 hours a day and fight 15 days every 2 months. everyone steps into the ring nursing injuries. they all have messed up knees, elbows, ankles, shoulders and concussions. they cant take time off or they drop HARD in the rankings. climbing back up is brutal. they live on corticosteroids for pain and growth hormone and anabolic steroids for strength and recovery. they're too big and heavy, the fights are too injury-prone, its a necessity in this sport and they are not tested.

thats furiouspete. He is 6`2 and 240lbs and is absolutely dwarfed by those guys

>they are actually drug-free.

Attached: What a Mark.gif (320x240, 2.23M)

They are actually weak for their size. The training is traditional and primitive. Gainz are far from maximized

Just because they're really fucking fat does not make them natty

You’re wrong about all of this.

Attached: 06B1C7F1-81DD-438D-AA89-D1AC67A739CC.jpg (600x672, 72K)

Idk with all that pushing they’re doing I wouldn’t be surprised if their pecs and delta are strong AF

The top Yokozuna Hakuho lifts weights as well as regular training. You have no idea what you are talking about. Most stables have weight sets.

even they admit in the video hes pretty strong but still they toss him around and resist him like its nothing.

Look at their weight training. It's a joke. Tochinoshin should be the standard of a normal rikishi. But they don't do the power lifting necessary to get to his level. They repeat outdated decades old methods just because it's tradition.

Of course they do some weights. They are professional athletes. That does not mean they are training properly. Just because you go for a run every day doesn't mean you are doing good marathon training.

Japs are weak, that's why all the top sumo wrestlers aren't Japanese anymore.
The mongolians top the rankings because they do real training.

Internet experts lmao

Thats like saying boxers arent training properly because they do traditional training... Its just a stupid thing to say.

They do their training because the movements simulate the movements done in the ring. Trust me they are training properly lol.

That's not what we're talking about. We are talking specifically about their strength.
I have seen videos of Kotoshogiku training. It's laughable. Literally laughable. Find it on youtube and you will laugh out loud.

Sports evolve and training methods improve. But not in sumo. Main reason the gaijin dominate. Dumb Japs doing dumb training.

>
>That's not what we're talking about. We are talking specifically about their strength.
>I have seen videos of Kotoshogiku training. It's laughable. Literally laughable. Find it on youtube and you will laugh out loud.
>
>Sports evolve and training methods improve. But not in sumo. Main reason the gaijin dominate. Dumb Japs doing dumb training.

Hakuho has said he doesn't train much with weights. He mainly uses traditional Japanese exercises.

I'm really annoyed with this stats and science obsessed bugman mentality that traditional methods are all bullshit and outdated. WEIRD Bug people never consider the possibility of Lindy - those methods have been finely honed for generations focused on a specific goal. They have worked and they will continue working.

Attached: KDIFIV5.jpg (624x640, 38K)