Dirt fucking cheap

>dirt fucking cheap
>satiating as fuck
>Is a legume, legumes are the most important dietary predictor of longevity
>60g carb, 25g protein, 11g fiber per 100g raw
>Very low glyecmic, lowers insulin even in subsequent meals throughout the day due to the second meal effect
>Only downside is that they have to be soaked for a few hours before cooking to remove antinutrients

Lentils are based as fuck. Why are you still getting your carbs from white rice??

Attached: lentil.jpg (3500x2333, 2.34M)

t. cuban

oh yes my dear haha

First time I have heard you should soak your lentils before eating it

Also, my life changed the day I started cooking with cumin, you should try it

>satiating as fuck
That's why I don't eat them

garbanzo is the best bean, hummus is godly

I mean I'm allergic to legumes so there's that

>this nigga not eating beans

>Why are you still getting your carbs from white rice??

Who doing this

Legumes, such as lentils, peanuts, and chickpeas, benefit the health in many ways. For example, they contain relatively high amounts of protein, making them a popular meat alternative.

Legumes alsocontain phytoestrogens. Particularly in high doses, these foods could increase people's estrogen levels.

>Legumes alsocontain phytoestrogens. Particularly in high doses, these foods could increase people's estrogen levels.

Dairy and animal products are full of hormones too. You'd be hard pressed to find foods in this day and age that don't mess with your endocrine system in one way or another.

Lentils are tasty and have great macros, but when I eat them in any meaningful quantity, I get hella gassy. Any way to combat/prevent this?

Attached: 1551843307654.jpg (640x640, 44K)

Do you add cumin to lentils then?

>25g protein
Gonna need some source on that

Soakomg them before cooking I've heard will reduce the gassyness.

Attached: Red-Lentil-Split-Boiled-1_2-Cup-Label-003.jpg (1352x2668, 424K)

Wash them thoroughly. Let them soak ideally overnight. While cooking, remove foam. Also, your body will adapt a little when you eat it more often.

>Particularly in high doses, these foods could increase people's estrogen levels

There is literally no evidence of this in humans. soibois are a cultural phenomenon, not a dietary one.

based. quite pungent indeed
ah another one, sniffs

How do you season lentils, lads. It tastes like paper.

Attached: 1550632065206.jpg (255x234, 21K)

>60g carbs
DROPPED

Hippy girlfriend protip: Cook them with a piece of khombu seaweed in the pot. Will increase digestibility (less gas) + add iodine and shit.

Caramelized onions.

try red lentils, arabs love that good shit.
i for one don't season it a whole lot, but I eat it with good salty hard sheep cheese and black bread. tastes great. but then i enjoy most gloppy, sloppy textured foods like spinach glop or potato starch.
add salt of course

fuck you dude i had these for dinner last night and couldn't stop fucking farting holy shit

fuck your gfs shitty advice

This. Not an Arab, but I eat mostly red lentils because they've nice texture and taste. I just salt them.

I put them in my veggie soup

Just shitty lentils do. Also, are you eating them half raw? In that case for sure they're shit. Btw, with anything really, it's like bread. Besides cheese, or put in it pepper, hot chili pepper, curry spices, clove, nutmeg, garlic, onion, rosemary, sage, thyme, bay leaf, concentrated tomato paste.. etc. Not mentioning any green veggies or carrots/roots. Sometimes I just soak and boil together with other legumes as chickpeas and beans and some of the over mentioned spices depending on what I feel like and comes out a soup.

Red Lentils should be used with other stuff, like meat or eggs, since they melt when cooked. Use a mixture of red, yellow and the harder one for smooth texture.

dude makes food with CUM in

>injecting lectins
enjoy your parkinsons

lentils taste like old shoes

Attached: 1556916271727.png (325x300, 87K)

They taste like what you season them with, what the fuck are you using?

Old shoe powderd

I use either
>garlic
>black pepper
>lemon
myself. I find it much more tasty. Alternatively
>Chili
>Garlic
>Cumin
>meat stock
But if you like shoe then that's your thing I guess

because i dont like loose shits

kek

They're 25g prot. per 1/2 cup raw but they double in volume when cooked due to water absorption. A 1/2 cup boiled lentils is around 10g prot.

Learning to make daal/dhal makes these a good.

>shit digestion
>shit amino acid absorption
>gives you gas and bloat
>gives you diarrhea

legumes are a shit protein source, sorry senpai

Attached: The-Paleo-Mom-Plant-Based-Protein-What-is-its-Role-in-the-Paleo-Diet-DIAAS.jpg-306×520-2018-07-09-2 (273x488, 107K)

no, it is unavoidable
just stop eating them

>body cant digest plants
>only carbs and antinutrients
>makes you fart all day and smell like shit
yea cool food

can you handle the brapping?

hi days

>your body will adapt a little when you eat it more often.

I can say from experience that this part is 100% false

25g per 100g uncooked, less when cooked because they absorb water. some labels use the cooked number, instead.

>beans
>literally have to boil them to not be poisonous
wouldn't want to make things simple huh mother nature

Attached: 1547945306458.gif (400x225, 2.33M)

I made a tomato and garbanzo bean soup. Pretty darn yummy. Going to have it today and tomorrow.

>Also, your body will adapt a little when you eat it more often.
This literally never happened to me, it only gets worse overtime.
Lentils have a fuckton of fiber, eat enough of it and you will get issues, doesnt fucking matter what you try to do.
why do you think most of these vegan doctors claim 60g of fiber a day is too much, yet 100g of protein from lentils gives you over that ammount_
because lentils and other legumes are never meant to be used as a staple protein source in the diet of a human being

the only way to do a vegan diet correctly is to eat söy, why do you think it is even a thing?
söy products are far easier to digest and have better protein quality, not even close to being comparable to that of actual whole legumes.

Just eat a Steak, hehe.

cumin into lentils or somewhere else?

eat them with a grain so your body digests it into usable nutrients.

I actually have a great recipe for saffron red lentil soup which takes advantage of their melting.

>cons
you'll feel more gassy than a jew and bloated.

motherfucker

why would a plant not want to have some mean of self defence?

You can make "rice" out of cauliflower. Just chop one up, put it in the blender untill it has the right texture. Scorch them with some olive oil in the pan for 30 seconds to a minute (without burning them), add some salt, and you're done.

Why the fuck you call it rice it's just grated cauliflower, like calling spaghetti some thin cutted raw zucchini. It's just not rice, rice is a cereal coming from a plant, cauliflower is another plant and has different values, Def not the carbs rice has. Please.

Imagine the smell

>cauliflower rice
>zoodles
Why would anonye want to eat that (unless you're fat)?

Soak them overnight you dim-witted neanderthal, I've literally never had the least issue with properly soaked lentils.

i'm also cumming :DD