Why haven't you taken the calisthenics pill yet Jow Forums?

Why haven't you taken the calisthenics pill yet Jow Forums?

>vitamin d and tanning gains
>safer and healthier
>promotes flexibility and mobility
>develops the ideal male physique
>more functional for real life movements
>actually fun
>free, maybe requires a minimal investment like buying rings

Please tell you're not lifting weights, are you?

Attached: rings.jpg (261x305, 17K)

Why not both OP? Calisthenics are great for breaking up your gym routine or getting in a workout during a blizzard (New England fag here). I also do some light bodyweight stuff in the bathroom at work like an autist because we have big private bathrooms and I'm worried about blood clots.

Calisthenics are great for newbies too. Skinnyfat DYELs who have never touched a weight are better off starting with a simple calisthenics routine and getting in the habit of working out and eating right.

> sunburn gains in warm climate, frostbite gains in cooler climate
> advanced moves requires risky gymnastic moves, and since difficulty depend leverage exercises naturally put you compromised positions
> flexibility and mobility are virtues and to properly execute certain lift strength across the range of movement is priorities over being in arbitary and unnatural positions
> in reality all training paradigms are imitations, and applicability depends on their relation to specific activity, but the real world reward objective measure of strength
> NO
> I have other things for fun (what pathetic life you live)
> its trade off (usually time-money) because the weight is low and the skill difficulty (to compensate) thusly the invest actually is high

Because

C O P E
O
P
E

>Ideal male physique
Someone post that bald and bearded calisthenics YouTuber with shit tattoos.

Sorry I'm over 5'3

Try again

I like it b/c it doesn't make my back and joints hurt. I'm taking more collagen but I think training so hard and partying in my teens fucked something up desu. Trying to /make it/ with this right now.

not him but your shit doesn't even make sense

> sunburn gains in warm climate, frostbite gains in cooler climate
have your hear of sunscreen or clothing?
> advanced moves requires risky gymnastic moves, and since difficulty depend leverage exercises naturally put you compromised positions
you don't start with advanced moves, you progress towards them and adapt as you go
> flexibility and mobility are virtues and to properly execute certain lift strength across the range of movement is priorities over being in arbitary and unnatural positions
calisthenics improve flexibility and mobility better than weights obviously
> in reality all training paradigms are imitations, and applicability depends on their relation to specific activity, but the real world reward objective measure of strength
this makes no sense, obviously being able to do a pull up or push up is more """functional""" than laying on your back to bench
> NO
> I have other things for fun (what pathetic life you live)
more nonsense
> its trade off (usually time-money) because the weight is low and the skill difficulty (to compensate) thusly the invest actually is high
your ignorance is showing again, a calisthenic workout doesn't take any longer than and barbell workout and on top of that you don't need a gym membership to do it.

Calisthenics have a lot of advantages, but aside from sprints, plyometrics and jumps and tumbling it's hard to train your lower body.
All the reading I've done show once you gain competence in a lot of those facets of fitness they can be maintained with little exposure, where maximal work load and force output cant.
Gotta have weights

lol.
>eating collagen builds collagen in my body.

stopped reading

But I have, recently just achieved a muscle-up

I used to fuck around at my rock climbing gym with rings, managed a back lever and plenty of v-sit pullups

Attached: collage1558542680875.jpg (1638x2048, 1.48M)

Does anyone know a good calisthenics routine for when your on vacation (without a pull up bar)?

COPE
O P
P O
EPOC

Stuart McGill says gymnasts have terrible bodies in old age do to the movements they must do. Dips are bad for your shoulder and thats a move that isnt even considered a basic move in gymanastics its so simple.

I would go out on a limb and say world class gymnasts age better than world class bodybuilders. Fuck at least they age at all, bodybuilders aren't known for the long lifespans.

I do weighted calisthenics along with barbell training. Honestly gymnastic stuff where you put yourself in less favourable leverages doesn't interest me anymore, I don't see any benefit of it over weighted movements + barbell training. Too reliant on staying light and being leg heavy puts you at disadvantage.

Wow nice argument retard

>calisthenics
>without a pull up bar
ngmi

I do weighted push ups and weighted inverted rows in addition to my other strength training. Other kinds of body weight training is too risky imo. I try and train in a way that has the least chance of injury, so most body weight stuff wont do it for me

Dude just get a doorway pull up bar for 20 bucks or something, pulling movements are more important than pushing movements

His anus is so loose it'll work even better than a doorframe

I do have one it's just that I didnt bring it with me in my luggage since I'm on a trip to mexico

Based. Congrats bro

I look at a lot of the gymnastics stuff purely as a feat of strength. A marker of general proportional fitness, really.
Being leg heavy definitely hurts it, but then you dont want to be a waif and essentially doing high reps. Keeping bodyweight strength while gaining I think keeps smaller supports muscles scaling with prime movers

weighted calisthenics when ready to progress to it is the real redpill here

This shit doesn't even make sense you senseless ape

got em

That they are, I'm just more annoyed how some people (aka twinks) push them as secret to having huge upper bodies. I mostly do front lever stuff as core training.

I remember going to gymnasticbodies.com before Coach Sommers went full on jew and started pricing every program for like 100 $ I think.

His name is alpha destiny.

Ok manlet