Why do people think it's impossible to look muscular in dress clothes?

Why do people think it's impossible to look muscular in dress clothes?

Attached: Screenshot_20190607-093547.png (1821x2048, 3.21M)

that guys shirt is too small

It actually fits him just right.

Shirt is perfect, pants look weird when they're that tight though. It's better to have a bit of flare from the knee

No, he should've gotten one size up and tailored it down where necessary. This literally looks uncomfortable like it's cutting off circulation. Not a good look

It's not, the sleeve length is perfect and he's basically in the flexing pose to make his muscles look even bigger. He'd still look muscular just moving around normally, but the shirt isn't skin tight, it just fits perfectly without being baggy.

shit eating grin but still mirin

Still looks dyel as fuck

>its that giraffe neck
>the rest looks good

Last year I interned at a company that revolves around making customized men's dress shirts.

There's measurements:
>Sleeve length
>Sleeve width (around bicep area)
>Cuff width
>Neck collar
>Chest width (a little below armpit to armpit)
>Waist width
>Shoulder width
>Back length (collar to bottom of shirt)

The only thing that's a problem may be the shoulder width. It could use like .5 or 1 more inch of width. You can tell due to the lines going down from his neck to shoulders that indicate a tight fit. He'd get this with any non-customized shirts because more dress shirts don't account for muscular traps.

Does anyone have that pic where someone says "dyel?" and in another thread they post their body which turns out to be some 30% fat dyel himself.

Attached: Screenshot_20190607-100506.png (1508x2048, 1.81M)

Does anyone have that pic where user white knights random Instagram whores because he wants to suck them off?

Nope. no moving goal posts fatty.

My shirts not small, I'm just big

Nobody thinks that retard, it's that it looks horrible.

Attached: abcba985bd463a3344c3a0ea804cd1c3.jpg (438x580, 45K)

>t. concept of relativity evades me

nobody thinks that. it's just if you're relatively Jow Forums, you'll have to get everything tailored or custom-made if you don't want to look like shit

Yeah, you can look totally normal in dress clothes

Attached: 1553882533031.png (538x860, 1.11M)

Lmao he wears a blatantly ill fitting suit, that's not proof.

Guys need to look up fashion just as much as they research how to workout

>Henry Cavill
Your honor I rest my case.

He looks like fucking Baki character

Maybe it's me but that guy looks like a puffed up clown

Nope. Fits perfectly. Collar is good. Waist is good. Buttons aren’t pulling across the chest but the shirt isn’t too loose to hide his chest.. The arms are a little tight but that’s the point, and anyone who wears dress clothes often would prefer a slightly too tight arm to a too loose parachute arm. One is tasteful the other is sloppy.

t. Investment banker.

He's dressed for SEX

He looks very uncomfortable and trying to hide it

Absolutely incorrect. His shoulders are in the right place, which is the only thing you can't get tailored without fucking the entire form up. His collar looks right as well. His problem is that he is too swole for confection clothing, so a tailor made shirt would do him well, but that also costs a lot more.

t. Tailor

It isn’t impossible to look good in dress clothes while muscular but this guy definitely looks like a clown. His shirt fit is too small, pant legs too tight and short. Flexing or not, you don’t tailor dress clothes to show exaggerate the contours of your arms, chest and thighs. You are supposed to look classy and understated, not as if your clothes are skin tight.

This may look good to gymcels or ego lifters who think the purpose of clothes is to facilitate getting your physique mired (i.e. tank tops and tight white tees) but in this case its the opposite. If you have ever been fitted for a suit professionally you would understand this. Any decent tailor would scoff at this guy and say he looks terrible and bought a shirt some sizes too small.

Remember friends, you can’t buy class.

Legit question, why do you all fawn over this faggotry yet hate women for the same crimes?

He has to work those angles pretty hard to hide the giraffe neck

>the rest of the body is good, how unfortunate

Attached: dyel.png (532x599, 630K)

im fine with him showing off his body because the ideal male physique requires a perfect diet, years of training, and an autistic level of dedication. the ideal female physique requires not being a fatass and maybe squatting occasionally and even still, most women can't get that right

Post body

You know he had to do it to 'em.

With a good tailor it’s impossible

Attached: AD8C2122-A1E5-4B63-A281-4032C1E42EE4.jpg (816x1000, 79K)

he uses "natural" tags doesnt he?

wow this board turned into a bunch of hating ass niggas. Must be all the Jow Forums and Jow Forums pillers flocking in

You cant look big as natty

Sleeves are much too short. You want dress sleeves to go to that thumb metacarpal in your hand, that little knob. That sleeve length is appropriate for a suit so your dress shirt peeks from underneath the suit.

This guy gets it. It's an exact summation of dressing up. The idea is to be understated, and business professionals measure you up immediately and know that if you're wearing tight shit to look good, they think less of you. It's not professional and it's not understated.
You have to think of it like you're not young and a Jow Forumsizen. Most of the guys you'll be trying to impress are in their 50s or older and don't care what you look like as long as you're not a slob. Basically being handsome is what you're shooting for, not being ripped. You don't look like you're well put together with that outfit you look like you're trying to show off.

t. Has to dress business casual or business formal every day

t. coping dyels

/thread
jesus christ, finally someone commenting who isn't a complete retard gymcel

this is literally the only correct answer

That dude's face looks like St. Blackopscel

Sup, newfag
Happy summer

Well if I wear 3 sizes bigger pants that make XXXL Big Mac layers on the hiking boots my business partners will think I am American and will not trust.
But you are right he looks like shit and hardly can move in that shirt.

lol'd hard

Buy up a size or three depending on the fit and have the tailor bring in the waist and seat. It should be loose enough so that your pockets don't flair out, but tight enough that you don't look fat. It won't be baggy if your tailor knows what he/she is doing

This. Gymcels signal "I'm a mouthbreather who buys dress clothes the same way I pick tank tops" while thinking that anyone over 18 is impressed. It's impossible to take somebody seriously (and you *do* want to be taken seriously when you're dressing up, that's the whole goddamn point) when they undercut any authority they might otherwise project with that "I desperately want you to think about me shirtless" look.

Are you here for the party or are you just the "entertainment"? Choose.

There is too many /fa/ggots ITT

This guy looks absolutely horrible, from face to clothes.

No, lots of Jow Forums is just in our late-20's/early-30's now, and have figured out that the chippendale look outs you instantly as a clueless kid who still thinks primarily with his dick.

You newfags should really pay attention. You have the unique opportunity that we didn't have, to learn from a whole generation of autists that have been here for 10 years and were your age when this board was made.

You're autistically overthinking this shit, no need to fall for "muh class" memes.
I bet you're not even 5 years older than me faggot.

The end of your post just says t. investment banker, but the start of it says t. "investment banker" in their first entry-level analyst gig whose graduation ceremony was literally last month.

Hollister is good for well-fitting shirts

>You're autistically overthinking this shit
No, you're autistically underthinking this shit. The whole point here is that there's a whole other way of thinking about your look that's appropriate when it's a dress-clothes occasion, but young gymcels miss that like the social retards they are.

post what you think a good fit is, on a fit body

Dressing like the OP is definitely retarded, but being a tryhard about fashion is also retarded, an adult only needs a shirt and none of that fancy crap.

the fact that one person can think it fits perfect and another says it's too small just shows you how arbitrary the whole thing is

>fancy crap
I literally *just* said that dressing like the OP outs you as a mouthbreather who can't shift gears when going from buying tank tops to buying dress clothes. That's it. Why are we even arguing, retard?

that applies to anyone on the internet who feels the need to mention they have a specific job or qualification

without fail they're either a freshman or a recent graduate in their first entry level position

My boss always wears one of these douchy pink shirts 2 sizes too small for him to show off his dyel gains. Gay and cringe, dont be like that, anons.

Knowing what is expected/accepted isn't being a tryhard you absolute faggot.

It depends on your proportions. I like the way Kenneth Cole and Calvin Klein slim fit fit me.

Based. Experience is a fool's instructor.

I sadly agree with you

Attached: 1555350068252.jpg (894x894, 148K)

I'm 6'4", 250 at 20% bf and can't seem to find a pair of dress pants that fit or aren't insanely baggy. I don't have money for a tailor. I've recently discovered jeans with flex fabric which has been a godsend. Need more pants like that.

Caring too much about what is accepted and what isn't is what makes you a faggot. A shirt is ALL you need as a serious adult.

a seriously shut-in adult maybe

Alright pal whatever you say. Impressions matter. I wouldn't have a 6 figure job in an industry with less than 2 years experience if I didn't make good impressions.
Also, you need pants. You could get arrested otherwise.

So what do you consider the "right" way to dress?

Just think more "clean lines" and less "this shirt is really just here to make them think about what I look like without it" and you'll be fine desu senpai

No, it means someone's wrong because there's defined rules on how a dress shirt should fit. It should be comfortable but you shouldn't be swimming in it. Sleeve length shouldn't go over your wrist, buttons shouldn't be struggling to connect, the neck collar should allow 1-2 fingers to comfortably fit. Shoulder width (right before the sleeve starts) should end just over your shoulders. A lot of people settle for baggy shirts and/or buy off the rack shirts where the shoulder width/neck/sleeve length fit but the chest/waist are too baggy.

this nigga got shot

Nope

Pants could use an extra inch of length but thats it

You're not really supposed to look like you lift in dress clothes. If you're big you'll look big and if you're small you'll look small. Maybe if you're going on a date to impress a girl something like this but a smidge better would be fine

based and redpilled

dude looks like a goon, his dress shit is too tight and the pants look like skinny jeans

i can abslolutely guarantee this weirdo with glasses doesn't actually work in a corporate environment

>actually trying to do office work in tight as fuck clothing
>trying to do work that requires a moderate amount of moving around in tight office clothes
Looks like something's going to rip if he moves wrong, a slim fit is one thing but that looks way too tight. Looks aesthetic as fuck for a picture but working in physical therapy I could never imagine working in anything restricting.

how tall is this guy?

You do realize that girls have it just as hard, if not harder, right?

They have to run and squat but they can't let their upper body get too big, or others will make fun of them. They also have to learn how to apply makeup well and take care of their skin. Female skin is thinner and more sensitive, which means they are more prone to wrinkles and breakouts. Don't even get me started on how for every dollar a man makes, women make only 73 cents.

you had me going there till that last remark

i fucked kekd

If you made me this shirt I wouldn't pay for it. Shoulder area looks like a dumpster fire.

why try so hard? just wear baggy clothes. do you really need people to look at you that bad?

I bet he can't pick up a box in the ground with this shirt.

>look fit with clothes
>look gay af

no thanks

>class
cope

Ofcourse it looks horrible. He's flexing, contorting his arms in an unnatural position for confection clothing.
Like I said, this shirt doesn't fit because confection clothing is not made for muscular men, but going up a size will made it only look goofier when it's take in. Some brands sell shirt lines in "classic fit" which usually means that it's looser and can be made to fit better.

If someone made me a bespoke shirt and it would end up like a confection shirt but handmade, I would also refuse paying for it.

Too tight. Wears pink like a fag too.

That's not how you use the
>t.
You gigantic retard. Lurkmoar

That's exactly how it's supposed to be used, you're the retard here.

this. Poor fella. Im sure there are some chicks who like him though. He's too curvy for a man.

let the zoomers fail.

way too much slimfit. looks like a twink

The defined rules were completely pulled out of thin air by people like you. Not some higher being who dictates what a shirt is supposed to look like.

The only people who think this are retarded curlbros with baby traps and lats

>he’s an analyst
OH NONONONO NO HAHAHAHA

Looks like your typical Florida bro with glasses

Only looks that way because he's flexing.

Just letting you guys know I went to college with this kid and he mogged 99% of the gym, was a total Chad and friendly. Had a cute asian gf too

He looks dyel and he's ugly. No wonder he dates asian

wtf? did he get shot in the ULQ?

also lol attention whore

It's not impossible, it just looks retarded as fuck and screams shallowness and insecurity, if you can't look properly big in loose fitting clothing you're not gonna make it, it's a redpill Jow Forums refuses to swallow.

Cannot possibly cope harder than this.
Outstanding.

Attached: 1559416128289.jpg (960x960, 43K)

So most blacks really are just loud and annoying...