Anyone else want to quit university but are too far into their majors to actually do it?

Anyone else want to quit university but are too far into their majors to actually do it?

Attached: 02.jpg (780x1175, 171K)

I don't really wanna quit, I just wanna get my degree over with. I'm in my final semester so I'm doing my capstone and it sucks dick.

I had the exact thoughts, don't do it man, it's not worth it. It's much better to have at least something when you start looking for your fist job.

I already have a job and my major is useless (it's english)

I never have money tho, tuition eats up everything, papers require me to buy all kinds of stupid books and I still have to pay for rent and food after all of that

Look up sunk cost fallacy

Why do you retards even go to tertiary providers if you think you might have the slightest chance of quitting later on? University is for people who well and truly want to do a single thing that they're utterly committed to, it's not a training ground.

Because it's a cultural thing in my country, it's basically like extended highschool for people who want to work in an office for the rest of their lives

hey, I'm essentially doing a capstone too. what's yours on?

The origins of patriotism. I'm a history major. What about you?

Biochemistry. Making a compound that works very well at binding to the elements in pic related, so you can use it for decontamination of their radioactive variants.

Do you have a certain time period you're focusing on?

Attached: actinides.png (647x218, 40K)

Yeah, Electrical engineering. 19 credit hours left including this semester. I'm working on actuarial certifications as well. I just keep telling myself life will be good once I graduate.

>Do you have a certain time period you're focusing on?

Not really. I'm most interested in American history though.

So how are you approaching your topic, like, what sources are you consulting? It seems very broad.
Did you make a linkedin/resume/CV and all that jazz yet?

>So how are you approaching your topic, like, what sources are you consulting? It seems very broad.

Bro, it's only the fifth week of class and I haven't even finished the required readings for all the lectures. The paper is only 15 to 20 pages long and isn't due until May. You're quite literally asking for stuff the professor won't expect for another two or three weeks.

Anyway, I just consulted a dictionary for the etymology of term and have to write a one page summary on it tomorrow.

I'm almost finishing a master degree in biology. I wanted to do research but I'm tired. Fuck PhD, fuck society, I think I'm gonna flee to central Asia or Africa and become a nomadic goat shepherd.

Oh okay. I guess I'm a little insensitive to that because for me, my capstone isn't a class, it's more fairly independent lab work, and my life has been centered around one compound for almost two semesters now. So it's kind of alien to me to only have the concept so close to the deadline which we both share. I pretty much have to start actually writing my full thesis right about now.

Don't quit, user. Get the credential and move on with your life

Yea I could never do a degree in the sciences in because I hate working in minute details over a single thing for such a long time. In history you obviously need to have your sources, thesis, and even an outline worked out. But for the most part how you put pen to paper is the most important part of your work and that is mostly a spur of the moment thing.

Oh man, in science, how you communicate your data is arguably more important than what your data actually is; I've peer reviewed a few publication-hopefuls and it's rather surprising how much they can struggle with it. And if the peer reviewer can't understand your data or thinks something's missing, then they can reject your paper (and likely months to years of work) altogether.

I'm actually an English minor and have a passion for creative writing and you'd be surprised how many super smart science people have repeatedly complimented me for having it (funnily enough they're way more interested in listening to me talk about it than almost any actual English major/minor has) because the skills you learn from it can be carried over to writing research effectively

It's why I think that any STEMfag who doesn't at least respect the humanities and has an unwarranted sense of superiority over people who study them aren't as smart as they think they are

The only thing I have to do is finishing my master's thesis but I've been slacking for the past year and I keep wanting to quit even though it's a bad idea

I should really just quit alcohol

>It's why I think that any STEMfag who doesn't at least respect the humanities and has an unwarranted sense of superiority over people who study them aren't as smart as they think they are

Well thanks for that. It honestly pisses me off when STEMfags, or worse blue collarfags who didn't even finish college, say all non-STEM degrees are useless. It's like they completely fail to grasp that college was invented to funnel people into jobs. It was created as a place to study whatever subjects people could think of. Not at all degrees are created equal, but a college degree still gets you plenty of white collar opportunities if you know how to use to a computer and write. I've actually got a government research internship lined up after I graduate so it's not like history majors are only fucking teachers either.

I'm gonna get kicked out at this point
I used to be neurotic and obsess over every single detail, then I started drinking to calm myself down and it made me lethargic

Nigga that's some bro psychology

Been there, done that, and had an extra sword of family pressure hanging over my head.

Now I'm stuck with a useless degree that I have yet to use, no grad school admissions, and an undiagnosed anxiety disorder. Those of you with the opportunity to change majors don't realize how wonderful the luxury of being able to run is.

>mom makes me go to high-ranking university in different city instead of a shit one at home
>we can't really afford it
>drop out after 3 full time years of studying because poverty and isolation drove me insane

To be fair I don't think that living at home with them would have yielded better results.
Kids, next time be born with non-bipolar parents.

t. soon to be 26 year old uneducated NEET with mental health issues that might end up homeless soon

>might end up homeless soon
why?

my pleasant and loving mom might kick me out or I might choose to go homeless to get away from her.

Imagine a mother so toxic that homelessness is a viable alternative to living with her.

Soon my savings will run out (by paying her bills) and if I have no money she will use it against me. Last year I was sick and unemployed and I had to plead her for $50 to get a tooth filling (I was afraid it was causing me brain fog). She said no, it's not a priority and then went on a day trip her friend at the beach.

I don't know what to do.

Sorry to hear that. I feel terrible for people with shit parents.