Give me one good reason I shouldn't join a fundie church that is a borderline cult, there is nothing...

Give me one good reason I shouldn't join a fundie church that is a borderline cult, there is nothing, nothing good for me in a secular modern world.

Attached: 1296769208603.jpg (492x366, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2802370/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're smarter than the average cultist?
Those people are helpless and desire to be part of something bigger than themselves because of that kind of low self esteem. Does that sound like you rn user?

Attached: 30173707_1943577622379222_315490762_o.jpg (1152x2048, 161K)

Reason: Heresy
Go ahead and worship God, but fundie churches are that way because they willfully ignore parts of the bible.

>You're smarter than the average cultist?
Smarter doesn't make my life better. I read about all those obscure religions on wikipedia and baffled by their spiritual willpower to form communities in the middle of nowhere and survive despite severe persecution, meanwhile I'm rotting in the comfort of my home.

God isn't real, faith is.
>they willfully ignore parts of the bible.
So just like literally every church out there, I know because I spend my days reading on religion, both from anti-theist, secular and religious viewpoints. The anti-theist point in particular reminds me of just how much of bible is ignored and never questioned.

>real, faith is
It's a whole stat in dark souls for a reason; faith is powerful. Have you tried having faith in yourself again for once user? Works wonders for me.

Attached: 38897665_723065714691498_7689186010504101888_n.jpg (900x900, 46K)

>literally every church out there
That's overly pessimistic. Finding a religious home is like dating. You sound like you've given up like a frogposter.

>Finding a religious home is like dating
Facks homie, I consider a martial arts studio my religious home. Any strong tight-knit community will do. Just find you somewhere to belong my g.

Attached: 16711693_1946982025525424_4432476660750654439_n.jpg (496x368, 16K)

>Have you tried having faith in yourself again for once user?
Why would I? It's irrational, I wouldn't have faith in any human, let alone myself.
>Works wonders for me.
The one time I actually turned my life around for the better was during brief religious delirium after reading 12 rules for life, I got a job, the other major(albeit brief) improvement was after getting obsessed with getting a gf, this made me realize I should probably work in family direction, but knowing myself well, I know that for someone so mentally unstable(unironically, I'm diagnosed bipolar and often times the mood swings border on BPD) it's entirely out of reach unless I join some really tight knit community with dogmatic beliefs, else I'll spent my life isolated, because isolation is so easy to rationalize for me 99% of the time.
Not to insult you, but you are the kind of person who enjoys life, by just living, I need a purpose, else I'll kill myself surely or have so much regrets on the deathbed.

Attached: 16_11.jpg (400x300, 22K)

>That's overly pessimistic
I didn't mean it as a bad thing, that's just a counter-argument, because that poster seemed to proclaim that his religion is not heretical.
>I consider a martial arts studio my religious home.
I tried hobbie based communities, they don't work, maybe for normal people they do.

>I wouldn't have faith in any human, let alone myself.
Well there's your problem right there. How are people gonna become worthy of respect if we don't even give them the chance? Fulfill your own prophecy my goon.

Attached: 13709889_1416992178327507_7455890499071381009_n.jpg (627x480, 39K)

It's well-argued within Christianity that we're all heretics and fall short of being Jesus. Catholics hate Protestants, Protestants insult Mormons, and Mormons steal all their data. Nobody said that the church wasn't broken as fuck.

I don't think we are on the same page, are talking about different things entirely, or at least I do, I get what you are saying, and what I'm saying is this type of advice won't help one bit, it's the same kind of stuff as "bee yourself".
Oh ok, I just thought you were trying to tell me I shouldn't be a protestant.

What I'm saying is that going to church isn't going to solve your problems. Churches have their own problems. If you really want to join a church, you have to be aware of this and be willing to put in your own work if you want things to be different. Some people are even called to plant their own churches.
What will solve your problems is a personal brotherhood with the name of Joshua Nazarene, which is the way to heaven.

No we're on exactly the same page and I know exactly what I'm telling you; the last thing anyone on this board wants to hear; you really do have to "['{"Beeeeeeeurself']"}'
And if that don't work, there's something that needs improving with >urself

Attached: 17966046_778938515617182_8987631514347037051_o.jpg (1000x1000, 143K)

OP please dont do it. Fundie churches are full of seriously mentally ill people, many of whom dont believe in modern medicine and exaggerate their conditions by ignoring it. I
was raised in a fundie church, Jehovahs Witness, and its broken me as a person please dont do it

Explain what exactly you mean by personal brotherhood.
>Just work on yourself
Thank you, very helpful. But I already did a tremendous job on myself in last 6 months and I don't feel like it's giving me meaning.
That's bad, but there are secular people who do this too and if I see to many of such people I'll leave. I don't seriously consider something like Jehovah's witnesses and Mormonism anyway, they are like Scientologists to me.

What I mean is that if you accept the Holy Spirit into your heart and speak the name of Jesus, miracles will happen.

Sorry, I don't think magical thinking is what I value in religion, it's more about community.

It's not magic. It's science. Prayer is weird, but it's scientifically provable. Don't dismiss it so easily without following the scientific process.

Read a wiki article on magical thinking. Please don't bring science into this, it's cringy. Science proves there is benefit in being a part of an organized religion, but religion itself is entirely unscientific, there is nothing, but faith.

GO AHEAD ASSHOLE, SEE IF I CARE

Oh you'll care when we gas the norms.

>fundie church

Seriously, because heresy. Fundie churches preach incoherent nonsense, like young Earth creationism, moral panics etc. while established ones had hundreds of years of theology and philosophy with them. Go for traditionalist Catholic groups, Eastern Orthodox, orthodox lutheran or wathever is both estalished and traditional.

Whatever. Don't go to church if you're just going to tell people that they're all retards.

Also ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2802370/
You unscientific faggot

They will kick you at the moment they will discover that you do not believe.

>Why would I? It's irrational, I wouldn't have faith in any human, let alone myself.
Faith is irrational by definition. We have faith in things we can't know. Did you expect the cult to give you empirical evidence for their doctrine lmao?
You are weird. Instead of taking the leap of faith and believing in the good of yourself and humanity you'd rather believe in some stale religious pasta.

Attached: 1528334064975.jpg (315x436, 28K)