Tfw scared to go to sleep

>tfw scared to go to sleep

Attached: 1550666974078.jpg (850x1006, 184K)

I feel you user. I can only sleep around 4-5 a.m and i only pass out from exhaustion.

Nightmares or a concussion?

Nightmares used to be a big reason but I don't have them as much anymore although I still have a nightmare where I wake up shaking atleast once a week. I'm pretty certain right now though it is mostly a fear of time progressing and sleeping moves time forward quicker to whatever bad things are gonna happen to me in the future.

I feel you.

What if you never wake up?

Attached: _20181017_140952.jpg (842x598, 59K)

If you're afraid then I'm afraid bitch

Welp, if it's nightmares all you can do is dig your teddy out of the closet and get comfy.

Same user, been scared since I was a kid
I hate the feeling of going to sleep, not knowing when my consciousness will disappear terrifies me

>you will never be a cute shutin NEET girl who wears nothing but an oversized long sleeve shirt and spends all her nights in front of a computer

Truly, it hurts to be alive.

Sleep is my favourite cope. The only time I genuinely feel good is when I lay in bed. Best moment of the day is waking up. It takes my about a minute to remember how miserable my life is but that minute before really is my favourite part of the day.

Attached: n3aej7rz2s1y.jpg (1603x1136, 94K)

Just put pillows on both sides of your head and make sure your blanket covers your face. It is essential to have an airway to get fresh air so keep your nose outside of the blanket

Its weird I feel terrified of this on few random days, but most days I'm not phased at all by it. It will definitely feel weird once we finally fall out of consciousness for eternity.

I am terrified of it

I am afraid of the silence during the night, the darkness, the passage of time, not being in conscious for hours, the fact that I will have to wake up, the fact that some day I will never wake up, the fact that I will die and the universe will die. I fucking hate sleeping. I've been awake for 3 nights and I am starting to have hallucinations again so will probably have to sleep soon. fuck this gay shit

the only way I can deal with this shit is getting blackout drunk before sleeping so I don't have to think about it. I will probably fuck my liver and kill myself because of it. Fuck sleep this shit, I've better start drinking right now

Attached: ebcbf497162ff8c4f0edfc1c6b02d68b012b0dc8.jpg (920x717, 79K)

user it's hard but you have to accept it and just let yourself feel comfortable that for the meantime you're not going to disappear and fade from conscious reality. I feel best when thinking of death as reuniting with something beyond our comprehension (which is very possible when you play with the idea that human beings experience of reality is of a limited scope), or that there's some persistence to the universe beyond endless expansion to heat death (like maybe a big crunch or the existence of other dimensions coming into play).

Attached: 1536644986040.png (279x279, 85K)

Lately I've had a similar feeling, but you will most likely not die in your sleep and you'll be awake for it. Death shouldn't be considered like sleep you don't wake up from, it's a completely different process.

You also may want to try cannabis and see if it helps you sleep, although it can make your mental issues worse. At least your liver would be fine. Other drugs have been proven to help deal with fear of death and they are also worth looking into.

I've had this fear since I was a kid the feeling of slipping away into unconsciousness is terrifying especially as you don't remember it happening

Attached: FB05F754-F32E-41B5-81B6-580282E831F2.jpg (248x259, 10K)

its more like scared to wake up

never waking up
isn't that the happy ending

It's not the after death part that bothers me but the death of this reality. I am ok with non-existence but the fact that I exist right now and this right now will disappear bothers me to no end. It's ok most of the time, I am not having existential crisis during the day. I am not even depressed. I have a job, friends, good relationship with my family. Not only that, the dying part is only a part of it. Like other anons said it's the fear of "slipping away into unconsciousness" (I tried to write that in the last post but I am a esl and lack of sleep make spelling very hard). The moment I lie down my mind turn into chaos, the more time I spend in bed the more anxious I feel, after one or two hours of rolling around I just give up and get back to my computer.

I have hard feelings about drugs, even legal ones. I am also not american or european so getting illegal drugs is very hard. I don't even like alcohol but it's been with me all my life and I've learn to accept it. The same fear I have about sleeping I also have about drugs that mess with my mind. I like feeling sober and awake. I just drink because I can't sleep.

Sorry for ranting and thanks for the attention. I am not completely dumb and I know that the way for solving my problem is going to a doctor and biting into the pharma jew but I am kinda comfortable with this lifestyle. I can't make my mind out of it yet.

The concept of "right now" is mental since or bodies are changing physically all the time. Even our memories get a little faulty, but memories is really all that's continuous.
>it's the fear of "slipping away into unconsciousness"
That's what I mean when I'm saying to accept the idea of it, that we're a part of something bigger than this reality and to just let existence happen as it intends since we have no power over it. Ofc the day I'm on my deathbed I might be terrified anyways, but at least for now I can feel content.

reading all this makes me think that I am lucky, being hollow inside makes it easy for me to accept things such us death and everything fading into obscurity

im afraid ill die in my sleep, especially if im already anxious or feeling physically bad. And the nightmares are pretty fuckin terrible too.

>pubg
>twitch
jesus fucking christ...

I welcome the embrace of death like an old friend.

I can't understand what you mean by the bigger part. Can you recommend a book about it? I am getting buddhist vibes but I can't understand what you mean. I can't feel the bigger part at all, only complete chaos. The only part that is not chaotic is the little bit I can organize in my head. I know that I am not in control of anything, and that I can only understand a tiny part of the things that affect me; but I have a tremendous urge to rationalize the chaos once my mind settle down. I can't control but can't help to think about it. It's less of something that I am making myself to think about but something that I can't not think about. I can make myself content during the day but once the darkness arise my mind jump into it, me wanting or not

I actually wish I could numb myslef out of it. Someday I will probably medicate myself down to a empty vessel

>I can't feel the bigger part at all, only complete chaos.
I don't rely on our human perspective of reality as my basis of how all of existence is beyond even human existence. And I actually haven't read anything but have had long talks with people who have. I did just purchase The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying which might be relevant. Overall even things like that would just be guesstimations of the unknown, which I accept as the unknown. That's my secret I guess.

weird I never needed any kind of drug to achieve the hollowness(never smoked weed)

To add, one user visualized what I'm saying in a way that really stuck to me. Imagine shining a flashlight in a dark warehouse and basing your understanding of existence from what the cone of light shows you. However, that doesn't negate the existence of the rest of the warehouse that you can't perceive.

*BLACK SUN INTENSIFIES*

Im too lazy to look up the connection, what is it user

metaphor for the part of the world that isn't perceivable with the normal senses

I heard that the meds that DFW took for depression made him completely unfunctional. He couldn't write or think properly when using it, he tried to get off of it but ended up offing himself. Maybe I could get something like that

I think I can understand that but it causes me no relief. I do belive that I will never have enough information to undestand stuff and ain't even sure if it's possibly to rationaly find a solution. I do also like to believe that what I'm not aware of can't bother me, but the things that I am aware of, like existing and being here right now, is a real problem sometimes. I know that I do exist and not much more, except that I also know that will not exist for long and that is really painful.

Come here user, cuddle with me and I'll help you sleep tight.

Attached: Inviting anon to gently cuddle with me.jpg (1440x1080, 826K)

BEGONE YOU DIRTY PEDO

>With his head settled snuggly betwixt his goth tomboy qt fembot's bust, in serenity, OP waved farewell his conscious reality to the abyss.

Attached: 250px-Ash_Butterfree_DP099.png (250x188, 61K)

That's what I'm hoping for!

Eh? That's lala from whatever that show was years back, no need to jump the gun fella.

Attached: Cuddling anon.gif (768x522, 1.28M)

Can I please have one too, user?

Attached: 1528537511461.jpg (844x720, 107K)

WTF IS THE THIRD PAIR OF HANDS???
creeped my sleep deprived brain off

It's you silIy

Attached: 1484848909269.jpg (467x462, 50K)

>shitty game
>shitty social site
>ugly drawn feet
>bad positioned speaker

no girl ever lived that
a girl would be glued to her phone at tha moment

i don't really get eyebags just puff face

Attached: l.png (1224x723, 1.07M)

You want to cuddle with me as well for a night? Go right ahead!

Attached: Cuddling with anon.jpg (813x616, 214K)

Count me in uwu

I didn't sleep last night. I was too anxious. Now I'm in these weird state where I don't feel tired but if I stop I'll drop.

I think I'll go on a sleep strike until I have an anime wife to sleep with.

Attached: 6607381D-EE4B-4FA0-A08B-E63A2D38510E.jpg (850x680, 159K)

>fear of time progressing

I feel the same way

This thread got gay/cringe as fuck REAL fucking quick

Any space for a fourth user? I'm not scared to go to sleep but I could really use cuddles...

Attached: 1550613915393.jpg (245x274, 35K)