/hikikomori/ Shut in + social anxiety general

Hey guys, welcome to general for shut in's of also known by some hikikomori (despite not existing technically outside japan) and social anxiety thread.

>do you talk to many other shut ins?
>are you making any effort to escape?
>are you suicidal and has it been getting worse

It can be nice to chat to and hear other peoples stories

Attached: 1534539805520.png (800x550, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/waEu-7qM7Ds
youtu.be/9eBfa9nNzvk?t=12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>do you talk to many other shut ins?
No, I don't even talk to my "friends" anymore.

>>are you making any effort to escape?
I keep telling my self I will wake up early, start doing some push ups, look for a job. I have not progressed far at all.

>>are you suicidal and has it been getting worse
Not suicidal but also no will to live. No motivation to do anything. I want to die but not suicidal or at least yet.

as of today im no longer a neet. 3 years neetdom coming to a close. going to wage now. i'm happy now but work will be hard. in the long run it'll be good getting out of the house to help out, even if it's for something simple like flipping burgers. the hiring lady saw something in me i guess, i was nervous during the interview. all i did was follow that optimistic dad meme where i walked in, asked for the owner, and stated my business. to my surprise I was interviewed then and there and got the job.
i'm gonna do my best and feel better for it. march 2019, this is my year.

Attached: 1536862469986.jpg (474x517, 55K)

No. Even talking online on discord and shit is really nerve-racking.

>>>are you making any effort to escape?
It took 4 years but finally i went to the psychiatrist and they just gives me zoloft, tells me to do some meditative techniques and cognitive behaviour therapy

there is an abandoned house next to me that is going to be demolished soon, going to light some charcoal and end it soon in one of the small bathrooms

Attached: .jpg (1600x1200, 252K)

Glad to hear it, fren. I hope the change isn't too difficult on you.

Were you suicidal before becoming a hiki or did it get increasingly worse as the years went on?

Being a hiki isn't really suicide fuel at first, it's comfy because you can do whatever you want.
But I lost interest in things, and became really hopeless and suicidal. There is not really anything I want to do even if I was not a NEET, I don't care about money, relationships, hobbies, sex, religion and being successful in general

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you have any hobbies when you were starting off?
I remember people on /hiki/ saying that goals quickly become unattainable because of a lack of structure in your life.
Were you able to maintain any idea of "productivity" during your time or did you fall into escapism like most?

Attached: Screenshot (402).jpg (1919x803, 252K)

A few
Kind of
Yeah, its hit another plateau recently tho

Attached: 1550636715099.jpg (107x248, 9K)

You got this user, I was in your exact situation a year ago. My manager told me that its important to take pride in your work, no matter what your job is. That way you can at least go home proud of yourself for trying. I liked that advice so maybe it will help you.

Attached: 1549174597476.png (720x644, 39K)

I go outside all the time but i'm still a hikki guys teehee

Attached: IMG_20190110_173026.png (720x708, 106K)

>No, I don't even talk to my "friends" anymore.
if you ever want to chat to a shut in (im OP) hit me up.
melancholymouse#7338
I use people as a distraction to get through the day but I know a lot of people feel lonely.
do you play games or do anything you enjoy?

Hey good job man, waging isnt that bad when you consider sitting in your room all day miserable unable to enjoy anything can be the alternative.
> march 2019, this is my year.
Hell yeah, we can all make it.
That is really all mental health workers can do.
Give you the tools to fix yourself and its ass when the tools dont work or even help you become motivated to even fix yourself such as untreatable depression.
> going to light some charcoal and end it soon in one of the small bathrooms
dont fuck up friend, have a peaceful exit.

>Being a hiki isn't really suicide fuel at first, it's comfy because you can do whatever you want.
>But I lost interest in things, and became really hopeless and suicidal.
This is what these young NEETs who become hikki have no fucking clue about

your pic related, you are unpure faggot
>I go outside all the time but i'm still a hikki guys teehee
I go outside to the doctor to get valiums when I need to go to welfare shit while my disability is processed.
You know people with severe social anxiety also go outside right if they have to get food or they just kill themselves as many of us do.

Nice old screencap by the way, what its been nearly 4 months, get some new ones gunjy fanboi

Attached: megu gun.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Any other hikis love traps?

Attached: Screenshot_945.png (731x311, 79K)

I'm a NEET, have been for years. I'm in my early 20s. Main reason: Social Anxiety. I'm scared to go outside. But I'm working on changing that. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the store for the first time in a long time. Wish me luck.

I'm in a NEET discord server that I pop in and out from time to time
Sort of. Dad's been trying to get me a job at his work place, went to the interview but haven't heard from them in 2 weeks. I probably didn't make it because I was pretty nervous at the interview (stuttered, had trouble holding eye contact). I'm supposed to be returning to community college in august. I barely completed the first semester, skipped two finals because my anxiety got the best of me. I lied to my parents and made up a fake story about my classes for the second semester being postponed to august of this year when they were actually supposed to start in January. There's no way in hell I'd survive another semester with my anxiety. Little things like walking up in front of the class to hand in a paper scare the living hell out of me. It's that bad. For this reason I was considering taking online courses, or even going into the trades. Social anxiety is a fucking bitch man, it's ruining my fucking life. FUCK.
Yes, and it's been getting worse. If only there was an easy way to kill myself. Anyone know where I can get access to those injections they give people that put you into a permanent sleep?

Attached: 1505334531756.gif (1920x1080, 1.13M)

isnt that the guy who freaked out because I encouraged him to an hero when he shared he was suicidal kek.
Nice exposing.

>I'm working on changing that. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the store for the first time in a long time. Wish me luck.
Good luck man, I hope you are in contact with mental health workers as well.
Valium helps you go out when needed.

It is nice to chat to otherNEET and shut ins, helps you feel not so alone but can be crabs in a bucket.
=
so many guys who have social anxiety lie to parents and I imagine living with that just makes it all the more worse.
are you getting mnetal help for your issues man?
some meds like benzos when you have panic attacks or need to go out help.

>Yes, and it's been getting worse. If only there was an easy way to kill myself. Anyone know where I can get access to those injections they give people that put you into a permanent sleep?
Try give all your treatment options a go before you die, also how is your physical health.
Fasting and exercise and my plan to beef up has helped me a shit ton.
Meanwhile I have been the worst I have been with suicidal thoughts, I at least feel good in some way.

nembutal I think its called but you should try treatment bro

Attached: 8.png (3896x1600, 1.25M)

You stupid shut ins better have saw my movie!

Attached: 1551068199038.png (656x524, 309K)

>do you talk to any other shutins?
Not really, although I've tried to. On top of not being able to find something to talk about, I just don't think it's good for me.

>do you make any efforts to escape?
I've tried, mainly by trying to ask a girl out. I say trying, but most of my "trying" is trying to rationalize and convince myself that the nothing bad is gonna happen if she says no, and nothing terrible is going to happen if she says yes.

>are you suicidal, and has it been getting worse?
I don't think I'm suicidal, but my condition is definitely worsening. I used to just be mildly uncomfortable, but now there's just these pangs of loneliness that hit me whenever I see her. I don't know what's causing it exactly, I just know that the idea of me being apart from her makes me extremely sad and almost scared.

>I just don't think it's good for me.
I mentioned it can be bad but feel free to chat in the threads here we always try be positive, or I do at least for now.
=
regret is worse than rejection my friend
=
how do you see this girl as a hikki or are you just socially anxious?

What games are yall playing and why are you playing it?

>do you talk to many other shut ins
Not really except my friends from my residential treatment center that I was a patient in during high school. Also I have one friend who plays vidya all day and is the definition of an incel (manlet, prematurely balding, hunched over back)
>are you making any effort to escape
Currently in college but failing my classes, going to get admitted into an outpatient program this week.
>are you suicidal
I've had suicidal thoughts but never made any attempts out of guilt and fear of doing so but I'm getting closer every single day.

Attached: 1347978232320.png (633x758, 32K)

Not sure if it's a good idea to get into a relationship when you are fucked up mentally. I made this mistake two years ago and because she was my only source of happiness, when she finally stopped putting up with my shit and left me I fell into a state of despair. I was obssessed with her and she was the only person I could trust and I lost her.

Attached: 1546718470151.jpg (593x593, 125K)

I dont interact with anyone online
No
Yes

I still care about my career, girls, and future but care has become worry. I just sit anf worry all day. Waiting for doomsday or some other tragedy so I can worry about that.

To that chick that pushed BDSM bullshit on me and snidely blamed me being a hikki for not being a degenerate like her:
again, fuck you and fuck off

I don't mean I don't want to participate in the threads, only that I try to stay conscious of the fact that maintaining a circle of only other recluses will only exasterbate the conditions that keep me as I am.

I don't think she's reclusive the same way I am, I'm just really anxious, enough that it literally stops me in my tracks when I try to make any kind of move.

I've been careful about that, and I've been finding other sources of fulfillment mostly to try to take my mind off of it, but they're only brief respites. I think the core of the cyclical nature of my depression is that the isolation pushes me to action, anxiety makes me unable to act, which pushes me back into depression. Even if she says no, the mere act of asking will be a victory for me.

I'm not a shut in but i wish i could be
i just want to play my damn vidya in peace

I developed out of a hiki by buying a bunch of benzos, using them to socialize and slowly tapering off the benzos but not the social interactions

I dont suggest this technique to anyone who fears addiction but it worked pretty well to me
i still have to force myself to go out sometimes but once its manageable its not bad at all

I was hikikomori for years, I'd like to think I'm fully recovered. I'm down to talk to current hikikomoris if they want somebody to talk too.

Cameri#6179

On this forum and discord
No. I like it this way.
Not suicidal but my social anxiety is getting worse

I barely post online

No

>>are you suicidal and has it been getting worse?
Yes

if you don't like your living situation and want to be provided for, then feel free to add me.

specifically looking for people interested in an online relationship that turns into a living together partner situation. US/NA only please

akashi#4301

Yo, I'm not with that pussy rap they know how I gain, all the hikkis with isolation driving themselves insane, I know it sounds mundane but does it make you itch to know in reality you're just a little bitch?

Yeah, don't forget take your meds there's at least 4 before bed, can't really change because you'll be apart of their game, fucked in the head take it or leave it I just want a chick to give me head, enough of this now you're just the same as me a miserable clown

Attached: 183276454618.png (318x158, 6K)

A few, but I barely talk online on Jow Forums and I'm not in any discord servers so I wouldn't mind talking with others.
If by escape you mean suicide then currently there's no plan, otherwise no.
I want to die, but it's not bad enough that I would do something stupid and attempt it with 100% of success.

>What games are yall playing and why are you playing it?
the one where you try not to kill yourself because games, anime etc has lost all enjoyment and you just stew in your own depression.
>definition of an incel
he can still get a GF and laid, no one is an incel except elephant man.
> I'm getting closer every single day.
I relate, I find fitness helps and having some goal in mind to escape this prison.
>she was the only person I could trust and I lost her.
I feel for you man, I cant connect with people myself and if I lost my few people I could trust and talk to I would feel very bad.

Made you stronger though..maybe.
You are talking to us online friend.
>To that chick that pushed BDSM bullshit on me
are you not a masochist user
>I'm not a shut in but i wish i could be
Oh you do but then it becomes hell
>i just want to play my damn vidya in peace
when you get full anhedonia good luck enjoying anything.
good advice but as you said some people cant handle addictions.
same can work with alcohol if you dont get shit faced.
alcohol cope is bad cope, trust me.
sheeit hikki rap, ill drop mine maybe.
I meant escape being a shut in or even NEET etc.
drop your discord tag man ill add you I have a server with other hikkis in it.

Attached: im-not-satania-poster (16).png (535x460, 349K)

Drop some bars g, lets see what you've got

I don't see how being a neet would be hell for you. I guess I've just been one for too long.
In comparison to having to go outside to school or work everyday having to interact with everybody, being a neet is great.

Even if you lose interest in some things there's plenty of other stuff to do. At least for me even if I lose interest in video games either I take a break for a while, or do something else like read manga.

We already have a thread you fucking nigger.

>Drop some bars g, lets see what you've got
sure man no problem, wrote this a while ago.
youtu.be/waEu-7qM7Ds

>I feel like shit,
>I really wannah quit,
>"heres a pill now deal with it"
>on the real,
>im only here until i can split,
>ear full of dick,
>sick as if I had a meal of spit.
>im not lonely but quite the oppiset
>robotic like a trip off cough syrup
>take a tip like when the doctors snip
>and chop off that bit,
>I want a glock to click....,
>your in shock like hocks
>dont be toxic and give me an acidic lick
>like hippy chicks
>drop it quick like a helicopter that lost its lift
>id probably miss,
>I forgot to feel happyness ever since floppy disks did exist,
>you cant stop this hikki bitch who wants to slit his wrist
>I stand atop a cliff and ponder should I do a flip,
>pick a spot and sit,twist a spliff and picture it
>its no picnic with chips some things are too big to fix
>like mechanics a rocket ship
>i dont panic because I dont have pockets thick,
>or hot bitches to hop on my dick
>I legit cant go outside to the shop to buy a popscicle stick,
>this aint quidditch theres no golden snitch
>my life is mixed in the cauldron of a witch,
>as the cold sun drips the coal drums a hiss,
>stung like a fish yet still holdin a fist,
>too young to resist this old woman's occultist tricks

Attached: megu singing.png (470x501, 315K)

Pre good, I feel like shit now because I did mine in like 2 minutes

Fuck off faggot this has more replies you compensating nigger

youtu.be/9eBfa9nNzvk?t=12
>all I do is look at four walls,
barely cook I dont care anymore at all,
>I might read a book then snore all tucked in,
life felt like a chore and thats why I became a shut in,
I never wanted no wealth or to live like a king
>the only thing I want is good mental health,
>but I wont win, not this battle, it will never stop
>I dont move like the hands on a broken clock,
>all hope is lost, im comatose and may as well be a ghost,
>sometimes what I want most is a rope so I can just hang,
>theres venom in my vein, hand me a canon so I can go bang,
and end this thing called life I cant bear waking up again,
>day by day I grow more and more insane,
it may not show at all but im sure ill fall like the snow.

I wrote that practically as I could write it in like a few minuets my dude.
MC gunj

Attached: meguface.jpg (658x583, 52K)

>Fuck off faggot this has more replies you compensating nigger

Have fun in your larping thread faggot.

Not as good, you see without time it turns into a mess

this just happened to me.
how do I deal with this feel?

Attached: 1393127978867.gif (500x281, 976K)

>Not as good, you see without time it turns into a mess
Yeah but my original one had a lot of phonetic repetition and wordplays.
of course it isnt as good when I write it on the go opposed to sitting there with word pools and only using certain words that share sounds and wordplays etc.
point was in like a few mins you can whip something up with multiple internal rhyme and coherency.
just need practice.

I wouldnt deem what I wrote as good then at all, just a super quick write.
>this just happened to me.
>how do I deal with this feel?
Time and slowly realizing the person you liked was trash and toxic as all females end up being.

Not really a hikikomori but
No
Yes, bought a car to wrench on.
Kinda even made me more anxious. With shit breaking and stuff.
Yes, has been getting worse.

Does anyone have trouble having interest in others? Like im not socially inept but other people are typically annoying and just disinterest me but I feel like im the problem because society tells me I am by not engaging with others

No.
No.
Passively. I just completely disregard my health by eating like shit and living a sedentary lifestyle.

Bump for hikki thread :)
hehe