Find me literally any evidence that the Earth is not flat and I'll Paypal you $50

Find me literally any evidence that the Earth is not flat and I'll Paypal you $50

Attached: 5a2076273dbef41d008b942b-1536-768.jpg (1536x768, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xm6GIwiA4Fg
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/html/mission_page/ER_NEAR_page1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=i0ObTd7DLMw
youtube.com/watch?v=zl2IFIlGci8
youtube.com/watch?v=DSMRhTPMSfk
youtube.com/watch?v=6viR_GJ8998)
youtube.com/watch?v=_loUDS4c3Cs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes#Measurement_of_the_Earth's_circumference
youtu.be/1ExflDC9rdY?t=90
youtube.com/watch?v=QpXSQDVqzsA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
txstate.edu/philosophy/resources/fallacy-definitions/Appeal-to-Ignorance.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UNiNJC3UHIo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

alright. where does lava come from then.... oh heck.

>inb4 nasa doesnt count
>Inb4 any evidence doesnt count

Lava does come from inside the Earth but the Earth still is thick, thick enough to have contents inside.

Time zones all around the planet.

There is no evidence that you would accept.

Attached: 1537406643800.gif (480x300, 785K)

Doesn't matter if the "sun" is actually a giant spotlight

Gravity

Now where the fuck's my 50$

Explain the mole people then. What's that you, you can't? Guess you owe me $50.

elaborate bitchman

Take a fucking plane ride around the world and look out the window. How does the plane continuously go in a big loop around the globe back to where you atarted if the earth is flat? Or are flat earthtards too poor to do this?

The fact QF28 fly's over the Pacific and sometimes Antarctica. Actually the fact that any aircraft commerically available can do it.

Are you insane? We orbit the sun. What difference is the sun being a giant spotlight from what it actually is in this case? They are both sources of light casting onto the earth's surface. We have timezones that start from one time (say 12AM) and have somewhere at that moment with the time 6PM and back to 12AM

That is the fucking proof you are looking for, you deluded idiot.

>the earth is not flat
Nothing is flat except the second dimension

No I won't, you go educate yourself and watch the Vsauce video about it, you might learn a thing or two. Should be pretty easy to find

Not OP but look up what a hyperbolic plane is.
In such a plane you can move parallel to the outside, and go in a circle forever. To move toward the outside you would need more and more energy, hence you'd be pushed back to being parallel with the outside edge.

Attached: yaMq2.png (500x491, 85K)

Explain this flight my dude.

Attached: image.jpg (1200x1600, 149K)

Since for there is a global conspiracy hiding the shape of the planet from you for some fucking reason and they sabotaged literally every camera, telescope and glass pane in the world in order to do this I'll go with a classic:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

Attached: 1550453649431.png (1787x1746, 286K)

Earthquakes are a pretty neat thing to learn about and they wouldn't work the way they would with flat earth youtu.be/xm6GIwiA4Fg

Also it's pretty well established that Antarctica is not fucking ginormous

>unironircally watching vsauce

>it's just a thick earth guys!
FUCK

You can actually measure the curvature of the earth by two observers measuring the angle of the sun from two different locations at the same time. Other things like watching ships disappear bottom up on the horizon is cited as evidence.

Yes and also it's hollow.

OP here, since the sun isn't actually a star you actually CAN look directly at it without going blind.

Because if the earth was indeed flat, and THEY are hiding land beyond the poles, there wouldn't go through the trouble of creating a greater Israel. Why waste time establishing the state of Israel when Jews could just go to some land we don't know about?

Unless war in the middle east is the biggest clown show man has witnessed for hundreds of years, that's how you know it's all a psyop. However that does not mean flat earthers are on to something.

Globes are round and not flat

And BBC is black, what's you're point?

Only on Jow Forums could a flat earth debate turn into some antizionist shit

>You have been muted for two seconds, because your comment was too low in content (0.00% content).
>You have been muted for two seconds, because your comment was not original.

Attached: 4db.png (860x650, 60K)

I'm asking YOU for proof you fucking globehead

What's your timezone? I'm in MST and it's already sunset

You absolute faggot, I already posted le proofs and you ignored it. It is only reasonable to ask you to back up those two claims you just pulled out of your ass.

Attached: f783448de8ed1cf515826b30f7c4e96f2133afceb8b3a83b0d3d5bad33e7bb5c.jpg (956x631, 66K)

>What's your timezone? I'm in MST and it's already sunset
I tried explaining the timezone thing to him/her (inclined to say her because she is so stupid) and didn't get anywhere.. Actually said it doesn't matter if the sun is a giant spotlight. Tell me where the logic is. This entire thread has to be bait.

i can't keep up, you got me, i'm a believer now. i just can't disprove this

The sun and moon move in a circular path around the earth

Is this fixed or dynamic? How do moon phases work then? Wouldn't you just see the same moon phase every day then?

Even if that were true, at any given instance you can deduce that the earth is round by asking what time it is and how close it is to sunset or otherwise and seeing totally different results anywhere. You are a troll I cannot believe someone is this stupid.

From the top of Mt. Everest, if the Earth was flat, you should be able to see any point on the Earth, but you can't, because of the curvature. Since we have no issues seeing Saturn with the naked eye, seeing the other end of the world would be a pretty short distance.
Ships appear to sink because of the curvature, instead of just going straight.
The day and night cycle would be impossible on a flat Earth. Day and night exist when the Sun shines on one side of the Earth, but can't shine on the other because of the curvature.

My house has 2 floors

shall I just post my paypal here?

The moon and sun don't orbit the earth dumbass, look out your window. Don't see one now do you?

They replace the "moons" everyday

No because my apartment doesn't have windows

HERE MOTHER FUCKERRRR
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/html/mission_page/ER_NEAR_page1.html

See sunset, climb 10 meters high quickly, BAM, sunset again.

Have flat earthers just never been on an airplane

Checked. Flat earthers will probably say the windows on an airplane are TV screens that show a broadcast of a round Earth though.

Obviously airplane windows aren't actually windows, they're monitors. Do you honestly think glass could withstand the pressure that needs to be sustained inside of the cabin of an airplane?

I want OP's answer to these

Travel in a straight line for long enough, you will end where you started

Attached: Earth theories.png (856x1200, 1.67M)

Lol'd. Lol'd a lot

This is factually wrong.
Your horizon is circular and extends past the curvature of the Earth. If you were flying over the middle of the Ocean and looked out in any direction, the horizon would be flat. If you were on a ship you'd see 360 degrees of a flat horizon.
How would you have a horizon that curves downward without eventually either spiraling on itself or having to bend upward?
The next time you're in a plane look at the horizon, it will be flat. We are tiny compared to the geoid that is our planet.

Attached: 7320cbb1_z.jpg (1000x666, 92K)

Dear lord, holy fucking kek'd

but its a good argument for people who hate jews, you cant have one with the other

People have measured differences in weight the closer/further you get away from the equator matching what you'd expect from the spin on a spherical Earth
Ring laser gyros have picked up a 15 degree spin of the Earth (admitted by Bob Knodel, a prominent flat earther)
Direction of sunrise/sunset does not work on a flat earth (just try to predict the direction of sunrise/sunset for a given country using a flat Earth map)
The angle of Polaris above the horizon at different latitudes cannot be predicted using a local star/flat plane model but matches the predictions made by the sphere model
Objects disappear bottom-first over the horizon (regardless of how hard you zoom):
youtube.com/watch?v=i0ObTd7DLMw
This is more just a lack of evidence and not evidence against the flat earth, but:
There is no flat earth explanation for what holds the sun and moon up, what causes moon phases, tides, the phases of Venus, the movement patterns of the planets i.e. "wandering stars", and the force that accelerates things downwards when you drop them from a height since density itself is a measure of mass over volume and not a force.

youtube.com/watch?v=zl2IFIlGci8
A lot of points are summarised in this video, just watch it and "do your own research" etc.

Ever see a lunar eclipse that looks like this? No? That's because the Earth casts a round shadow on the Moon.

Attached: DPkd0YBXcAANi4c.jpg_small.jpg (680x594, 32K)

For flat earth to work, there cannot be gravity. Instead, some magical force accelerates the entire earth at 9.8m/s^2. However, the spotlight sun is above us, how come we can't see what the magical force that accelerates the sun as well is?

To add onto this post, here's another video demonstrating that zoom does not bring objects which have gone over the horizon partway back into view:
youtube.com/watch?v=DSMRhTPMSfk
Also forgot to mention people measuring horizon drop (youtube.com/watch?v=6viR_GJ8998) and the fact that the Southern hemisphere has a different celestial pole

Flat Earthers believe the Sun and Moon are above the Earth though. That situation would never occur, but neither would solar or lunar eclipses.
Just because the other side is wrong doesn't mean you have a correct argument. It's worth keeping that in mind when you're debating anyone you know is wrong.

Attached: marisa correspondence.jpg (755x845, 491K)

I take cash or check, OP.

Whether or not the Earth is flat I've already accepted the real state of our existence.

We are merely the equivalent of a third graders science fair project on a super celestial scale. We were displayed at the fair back when the Romans were around and won third place. Now we're sitting in that celestial beings attic collecting dust while they are away at college or something, and eventually their kid will find us in the attic, drop us, and throw us in the garbage, and that will be the end of life as we know it. Burning in the 4th dimensions landfill or something.

Attached: flatearthersbtfo.png (800x866, 472K)

>implying the flight from Chicago to Vienna doesn't just fly as slow as possible to take longer while the Sao Paulo to Johannesburg flies at max speed
Fucking imbecile, just believes everything he's told.

youtube.com/watch?v=_loUDS4c3Cs

I win.

all the evidence is for intellectuals only. imbecile. Paypal me my $50 faggot.

How slow are we talking about here? I'm no expert, but I think you have a maintain a certain speed to stay in the air. These are commercial planes, not super fast jets, or crop dusters.

>the pressure that needs to be sustained inside of the cabin of an airplane?
wat
air pressure at high altitudes is LOWER than at sea level
OP can go up in a hot air balloon and verify this himself if he so wishes

>How slow are we talking about here? I'm no expert, but I think you have a maintain a certain speed to stay in the air.
Yeah, it's called stall speed. But you know all those times when the plane starts shaking due to "turbulence"? It's the plane doing unnecessary turns and shit to lose speed. They also take long ass detours just to waste time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes#Measurement_of_the_Earth's_circumference

Easily done with math alone, no other tools or implements, proven since about 250-260BC

That's incorrect user. To beings in higher planes of existence, we're more like primordial slime than children. Their experience of reality is closer to existence as it is, so their knowledge of reality is transcendent of anything we could possibly hope to understand.

do you actually believe we are a giant ass Frisbee flying through space, nah, gravity pulls us into a ball like every other planet

Anything that is heavier than air must displace its weight to fly. The way it displaces its weight is by using air foils (wings) to force air down, which creates an equal force in the opposite direction (up). This is why planes need to get up to very high speeds to fly, and why they can stall in mid-air if they are not going fast enough.
That being said
4682mi / 9.25h = 506.2mi/h
4613mi / 8.75h = 527.2mi/h
If we assume the top speed is the "fake" speed, which is flying at 50% to fake a longer distance, then
2341mi / 9.25h = 253.1mi/h
Apparently a 767 can takeoff at 160mi/h. So it seems like it could theoretically fly at half speed. That however assumes a lot, including them having enough fuel to fly at such an inefficient speed.

A plane is projected to 45 degrees from the surface origin. If the earth were a plane you could see the entire thing looking directly at the horizon.

I guess you've never climbed a mountain or ridden a helicopter or plane huh bud? Come hang out and We'll head 1.8 kilometers up or if you have a few K to blow we can take a heli tour. It's pretty rad. I've ridden lots of helis and planes being shipped out for work in the mountains and it's hellacool seeing this little sphere roll out under you. You can clearly see the rounded edges just looking straight at the horizon and it gets more and more wicked round the higher you go.

The official U. N. Globe is a flat Earth
youtu.be/1ExflDC9rdY?t=90

Attached: The Official Flag of The United Nations.png (1280x853, 38K)

Here you go

orgiionalinjjs

Attached: 6125.ngsversion.1467942189618.adapt.1900.1.jpg (1900x1425, 252K)

Then how come projections for Australia bend towards the north and are still accurate rather than south like flat earth map.

>You can clearly see the rounded edges just looking straight at the horizon and it gets more and more wicked round the higher you go.
Note that I mean the distance you can see forward. The higher you go the more clearly you can see the horizon rolls off in the distance rather than continuing on a flat plane.

To see more than a degree of curve in the horizontal field of view requires you to be a higher percentage of the diameter of the earth off its surface... and since the diameter is ~12700 kilometers you'd need to be 35.27 km off the surface to see a single degree of curvature (I'm almost certain my math is fucked, but gives a fine rough impression.)

That looks shopped
youtube.com/watch?v=QpXSQDVqzsA

no no no, you said find any evidence, not prove that the earth is round

pay up bitch

Photos of "the Earth from N" almost always use a fish-eye lens so the apparent curvature is a lie.

Attached: fishy.jpg (960x640, 401K)

Earth is actually a top secret science experiment run by rats to find out about the answer to life universe and existence(or rather the question to it). Therefore earth isn't actually flat or round. It's a simulation. We're actually in a video game. We're programmed computer files who believe wr have existence but all our actions have really been predetermined by yhe researchers

Because your only way to imply it is flat is to go out of your way to say everything is a conspiracy and that fr things you can't prove, just shift goalposts. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

You logically can't prove it in debate, even without evidence, where as the globe is nothing but evidence. I'll take my 50

Damn im always late to these threads. But to answer the question:

Star trails.

Stars move across the sky in a counterclockwise motion in N hemisphere yet move clockwise in S hemisphere. This motion can only be observed on a globe that looks out at faraway stars. Flat earth model cannot accommodate this motion as star trails could never switch from clockwise to counterclockwise by simply switching hemispheres.

This will likely get buried but still hoping OP sees it and learns that FE is complete nonsense and goes against all scientific observations.

>That looks shopped
i.e. "there's no proof it's not shopped"

read this you dumbass:
txstate.edu/philosophy/resources/fallacy-definitions/Appeal-to-Ignorance.html

When you walk to the edge of the earth, take a picture come tell me about it, then ill tell you about your heavily doctored image, because it doesnt exist.

why does this conspiracy exist anyway? what is the benefit for the perpetrators to say that the earth is round if it is flat?

You can't ever get an intelligent answer to this, or when you ask how this conspiracy could be kept secret for so long by so many people without 1 leak.

>hurr durr he said its photoshopped
because its a stitched together photo retard

how does Polaris work on the flat earth model?

That's just a type of map user...it's used to measure the distance to the north pole and to show all the world's countries

I heard it was from some forum or board trying to practice debate skills and pulling up the most ridiculous topic to defend/debate for.

How come earth is the only flat planet then?

If that wore the case, our energy need would be astronomical for even rudimentary flight. Not to mention the rapid push towards the center would be like a sling shot shooting at almost light speed.

Where would they find the resources, the time, and the means to do this incredible feat?

Pay up nigga

Attached: IMG_4043.jpg (1600x1066, 244K)

The burden of proof is on you, you nitwit

Literally no model of the flat earth has accounted for star trails. Cognitive dissonance just makes me think flat earthers will ignore it entirely. Even though you can literally see it in real time by going outisde they just won't admit to it because unless it's directly in front of them in real life at that moment being explained perfectly then it's fake. Because of course they can't be wrong, if they put so much effort into developing their position on the subject then how could they be? Clearly all that effort was put towards a good cause, because they're not stupid, right? I image thats how they and anti-vaxxers think. Dangerous midset to have.
Also OP if you wanna give me the $50 reply to this post pls.

youtube.com/watch?v=UNiNJC3UHIo

Attached: 1447011091427.jpg (700x479, 42K)

The fuck did this man just say to me

Attached: 1462742367475.gif (500x419, 239K)

>That situation would never occur, but neither would solar or lunar eclipses.

Thus, because lunar eclipses occur, therefore the Earth isn't flat. QED.

He sure has a supreme and inherit understanding of higher beings.

Attached: IMG-20181221-WA0021.jpg (1280x1483, 246K)

Any glow Globe you can buy in stores. Any world map. Christopher Columbus.

I know ocean tanker crewmen and they say that when the water is calm you can see the curvature of the earth on the horizon

>prove me wrong

that's not how this works. you're the one making the dumb claim, the burden of proof is on you