Hikikomori General Thread

This thread is for people who are withdrawn from society and don't leave their bedrooms or single room apartments for long periods at a time due to social pressure (Western Hikikomori)

Why are you a hikikomori Jow Forums? what caused you to end up this way?

>Hikikomori

>Hikikomori is a Japanese term when translated into English it means pulling inward being confined (acute social withdrawal) in context of a person the term refers to a shut-in who stays home and lives in isolation in their room for 6 months or more

>Most hikikomori are neets and are supported by their parents or get money from the government however if you work or take classes online at home while still not going outside you are still a hikikomori but not a neet

>Contrary to popular belief most hikikomori go outdoors but are just isolated socially and still spend most of the day and nearly every single day confined at home in their rooms

>The Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare of Japan defines hikikomori as those who have lived in isolation in their bedrooms for at least 6 months do not attend school or leave to go to work have no physical injury or mental disorder as the cause of their isolation have no close friends or few friends (If any) and do not communicate with people besides the people they live with such as family members

>The Hikikomori Criteria and Diagnosis

>1. Subject spends most of the day confined at home, nearly every single day.

>2. Subject purposefully avoids social situations and social relationships

>3. Subject shows clear significant functional impairment,

>4. Subject shows social withdrawal symptoms for .a duration of 6 months or more

>5. Subject has no physical condition nor other psychological problem that is the cause of the social withdrawal

>While hikikomori is mostly a Japanese phenomenon cases of the condition have been found in other countries

People who go to work school or have a social life are not hikikomori.

Attached: hikki.jpg (500x378, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eht8_rhVMOs&list=LLupPwt5shSUvQUAY0wjD0Vg&index=7&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>people who go to work school
Those are NEETs, brainlet. Hikis can have a job or go to school or any other training institution. It's the people who do not go outside for reasons other than buying groceries, job, etc. who are Hikis. Also people who have an active social life with real families and friends in facebook, etc. despite not going outside aren't Hikis.

I just kind of realized that I don't matter in this world one day. I used to go to med school and was finishing off my 3rd year but one day I just kind of snapped and never left my house again (except for convenience stores and markets late in the night).
My parents disowned me after that and I'm living off of ad revenue from a facebook group I made years ago. It's been this way for 3 years now.

All hikikomori are Neets unless they work or take classes online which is not common because if you work or attend school you're actually contributing to society because whether you want to or not you have to pay taxes leaving your house and going to school or to a job is way more interacting with society than any hikikomori ever would also online social interaction is not the same as IRL interaction a hikikomori can communicate online but completely avoid any IRLinteraction.

Can relate that sucks user do you ever see yourself recovering?

>My parents disowned me after that and I'm living off of ad revenue from a facebook group I made years ago. It's been this way for 3 years now.

>Tfw no parents who love you

My sister is 33 and hikikmori. I'm 28 and I'm a NEET. We both live at home of course. She only leaves the house(rarely) in the middle of a night to go to a store that's within five minutes to get food. I leave the house quite often although I've noticed I've been going for longer periods without doing so. I recently went nine days without stepping outside. Currently I haven't stepped outside since Monday. If people want to know more I'll write more, but that's enough blog for one post.

im a neet or a hiki i dont know but i never left my house since 2015

>im a neet or a hiki i dont know but i never left my house since 2015

Keep in mind hikikomori isn't not leaving your house its not leaving the room you withdraw yourself up into in the house you live in.

Attached: n-hikikomori-a-20170126-870x589.jpg (870x589, 40K)

>My sister is 33 and hikikmori.

Is she hot?

Im doing this to survive and earn enough to have a house,upgrade my pc and in case i have any medical complication

Not really and she's unable to have children which is a big reason why she's hikikmori.

>she's unable to have children which is a big reason why she's hikikmori.

>5. Subject has no physical condition nor other psychological problem that is the cause of the social withdrawal

She isnt a hiki.

>Im doing this to survive and earn enough to have a house,upgrade my pc and in case i have any medical complication

Doesn't matter all hikikomori are Neet.

That refers to if she were schizo or some shit. She's not diagnosed with anything, she simply withdrew from society.

There's no Asian girl to save me

I would befriend your sister. Hiki girls are my fetish.

Attached: file.png (560x315, 272K)

I was hikikomori for years, I'd like to think I'm fully recovered. I'm down to talk to current hikikomoris if they want somebody to talk too.

Oh fuck this is me. I haven't done anything social for 4 years. Abandoned what few friends I had.
I do go to the gym however and restaurants but I do it alone. I also avoid my roommates by becoming nocturnal. I try to break it but something always happens that makes logical sense not to be social

How did you break it. My problem is I'm afraid to spend money, use gas, or add wear and tear to bike or car.

Same here but it is definitely not healthy for me. And I fear once I do get a place I'll just isolate myself in order to upkeep my stuff

>I was hikikomori for years, I'd like to think I'm fully recovered. I'm down to talk to current hikikomoris if they want somebody to talk too.

Do you have discord?

Cameri#6179
Met a few people from playing vidya with an acquaintance(he was the only person I talked too), they were nice, and I was sick of being hiki. They started inviting me to parties, and then I made a bunch of other friends. Really the only thing that I'm missing now is a gf.

>Cameri#6179

Thanks

No. I plan to live this way until I can't get anymore money and eventually become homeless. Then I'll probably kill myself or if I'm still a pussy then, do some sort of crime to get myself into prison.

>No. I plan to live this way until I can't get anymore money and eventually become homeless. Then I'll probably kill myself or if I'm still a pussy then, do some sort of crime to get myself into prison.

Same with me.

>Really the only thing that I'm missing now is a gf.

Ever had an online gf?

>I plan to live this way until I can't get anymore money

Same here.

my cousin used to be a middle aged NEET. she was a weird goth who kept kickin me outta her room. theyre antisocial and bitter. nothing like in the anime. as usual real girls only show respect to chad

>my cousin used to be a middle aged NEET. she was a weird goth who kept kickin me outta her room. theyre antisocial and bitter. nothing like in the anime. as usual real girls only show respect to chad

Why was she like that user?

youtube.com/watch?v=Eht8_rhVMOs&list=LLupPwt5shSUvQUAY0wjD0Vg&index=7&t=0s

I'm a weird case, I'm not a hikki, i'm also not antisocial, but my life is a constant failure of events due to my ineptness at pretty much anything i do, after i dropped out of college i've been working minimum wage jobs that i quit after 1 or 2 years MAX, been doing that for almost 5 years, i'm 23 now

Everytime i quit a job i hide in my room for the next 2 or 3 months until i run out of money to pay my bills and force myself to look for the easiest job i can find to repeat the cycle all over again.

The saddest part is that all of my friends are just now graduating and some of them already have good jobs fresh out of college, i'm not talking about coworkers, these are my real friends that i've known for like 15 years and it's just depressing how i'm the only one who failed this hard

So you go from wageslave to shut in Neet over and over again?

Yeah, right now i'm a neet, i quit my job exactly 3 weeks ago and so far i've only left my house once to pick up my last check, my savings right now are pretty low so they will likely just last another month and a half at the rate i'm buying dominos pizzas.

I say i'm a weird case because i think i share a lot of traits that a hiki would have, but instead of being afraid of people and social interactions, i'm incredibly just burnt out of everything. I'm actually looking forward to do nothing in my life for the next 2 month for gods sake