You need to start removing deserts and planting trees australian anons. Your country is a fucking eyesore from space

You need to start removing deserts and planting trees australian anons. Your country is a fucking eyesore from space

Attached: arid_zone.jpg (400x377, 13K)

Hell yes, let's get this done. Post your rough location and whether you have a car itt. I'm in brisbane and I can seat 4 other people. Let's get some carpooling going.

I think we'd have the best chance of success if we all focus our tree-planting efforts in one place. I say we head out to the Nullarbor. It's close to the ocean, so if we get enough people behind this we might be able to raise enough money for one or more desalination plants to irrigate our desert trees, at least until microclimactic changes take hold and the desert starts to abate on its own.

This is a great thread. Robots should be getting off our arses and building something, not just sitting around and spiraling into deeper depression.

As fucking if, Australia's a shit hole. With more trees it'll just me a shit hole with trees, fuck off cunt

Do you have a discord? Post yours if so.
I am in a different country that is plagued by desertification.

>he doesn't know about the sandworms

you never should have come here, offworlder.

Attached: 1542953805413.jpg (245x206, 6K)

You Stupid fucking nigger
Arid refers to rain fall not vegetation level
Funny that place with less water have less plants

the fucking abos burned everything

HAHAHAHA good I'm glad he's dead.

Nah let's keep electing the libs, and give all our water to cotton farmers.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (680x339, 35K)

As absurd as this is I actually would believe it considering it's Australia and all.

God, the negativity of this place is fucking tiring. Do you fuckers ever even bother to entertain a positive thought? Literally everything in your lives would be better if you did.

I am an old person and don't know about discords. If you are in a different country we should definitely expand the remit of this thread, though.

/fg/ - Forestation General. If anyone has links to articles about other attempts to combat desertification, scientific articles about the positive effects of anti-desertification measures, or reports about the scale of a given anti-desertification project, it would all be welcome. All countries included. If it's got sand, we can bring water and trees to it.

Even Arrakis got turned green, dude.

So we bring water to the desert. It's not like we're short of solar or coal power for desalination plants, or steel for water pipes into the desert. In any case, a dozen robots working together could easily scrape together some saplings from a nursery and a solar-powered personal-scale desalinator.

Are we so weak that we can't undo the work of a few primitives living hand-to-mouth in the desert?

The government doesn't have all the money in the country. If we go out there and show everyone that it's possible to turn the desert green, forestry lobbyists, farmers, construction companies, energy companies, etc will lobby hard to get in on the greening of Australia's great wasted middle. Once it's forested there will be a ton of profitable shit to do out there, and the money spigot will be opened. All we have to do is show that it's possible. A couple of hectares of desert with enough tree cover to start attracting and trapping moisture will be self-sustaining, and a perfect proof of concept.

BuT wHaT aBoUt AlL tHe JoBs ThEyR'e CrEaTiNg

Fun fact: abos were officially classified by the Australian government as wildlife until the 60s. The 1960s, not the 1860s.

Attached: BLM_straya.jpg (424x558, 49K)

any other ausfags think our landscape is horrendously ugly? this seems to be one of the most taboo things you can say in this country
whenever I say this other ausfags absolutely lose their shit. I don't find this country beautiful in the slightest aside from some of the tropical regions. gum trees for the most part are fucking ugly. I'd take a nice lush cool pine/ fir forest any day.

not to even begin with how fucking unaesthetic our infrastructure is

I'm going to murder you cunts if you let me meet up with you. I will bring a good friend who I helped before. Be careful what you wish for.

restoring forests where people have caused desertification is important but Australia is naturally arid.
trees would be an invasive species.

Attached: dustStorm.jpg (3166x2787, 1.93M)

there was a plan to build a channel and let the sea flood into the centre of the country, but it was knocked back because abos own huge swathes of that land and refuse to let whitey touch it for any reason

Is it really as simple as just planting fucking trees in the desert? Wouldn't someone have already done this by now?

Also in Brisbane. Lets go, I will bring my hose

Absolutely. Every ther country I have been to has been far nicer. We do have good beaches though. But the only nice places are the tropics and maybe northern NSW

Australia is my spirit animal. I fucking love the place and the people. I'm going to move out there and become a bushman.

I feel like no matter who we vote for, absolutely no one cares about our national interests. Even the 'conservative' party is allowing 457 visas to take the majority of new jobs in this country and taking in 300,000 immigrants every year. Both sides of politics also unanimously vote for increasingly invasive policies on the premise of 'counter terrorism' when it's obviously just to solidify the government's power over their citizens. Did you know that it's mandatory for any IT business in Australia to have backdoors installed into their systems for the government to spy on them?

What's the point of being a citizen of this country when it's getting ass raped by two flavours of boomer and the government cares more about foreigners than it does about its own citizens?

Attached: 1522989707753.png (800x451, 347K)

What's to stop people from fitching it for cotton farming ?
We need to stop that first and also stop mass immigration aka cheap labour importation.
SA is close to onesuper drought a way from chaos, and the same with melbourne(They drain all the river water).

Attached: 1534917906626.gif (216x150, 1.98M)

The eternal Bruce strikes again

This is really cool. Make a difference guys :D

Guys I hate to break it to you but this requires actual work and you would need to first make the land suitable for a mature plant like a tree. You're gonna need to bring in pioneer species to work the land for a few years and then start getting trees, and make sure you aren't just planting randoms ones, you need to be planting woulds that will survive in these conditions and potentially entice new plant life in the area.

Nullarbor is fucking shite though because it has virtually no topsoil

I suggest the area around Port Augusta, then work up to lake Eyre - all the endorheic basins need to be filled up and overflow to create yet another fertile section