What do you think about therapists?

What do you think about therapists?

I've heard people say they're just dumb normies, people you pay to pretend to care and listen to you, someone that will eventually fuck you over if you talk too much or say the wrong thing, etc ...

As a shut-in hikki neet for almost 2 decades now, I'm seriously considering it. I have a feeling that opening up and telling a person IRL, anyone, will make me feel better ... Shit, at this point I want to take normie advice. I want to go back into the Matrix. I want to go sleep again like how I was a kid ... I just want to be a normie with a wife and 2 kids ... Is that too much to ask for? Am I too self-conscious and end up cucking myself?

Who cares, I'm crazy ... right?

Attached: iseeyoufaggot.png (740x900, 923K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NGWNT6wp3eg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It honestly depends, OP. There are therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists you can go to depending on the severity of your mental troubles.

It depends on who you go to. Some are good, others are bad, so definitely get a referral from a friend or look at online reviews. If you need meds, go to a psychiatrist. If you just want to talk about things at length and do some psychotherapy, go to a psychologist.

Meds don't work on me, it seems. After 8 years of trying different meds at different dosages. It seems like I'm immune to them or something. Or maybe I'm just too self-aware. I only get physical side effects. I always tell myself that no drug or anything will make me do something against my will. I'll always know what I'm doing. Who knows ... That's why I'm considering a therapist.

True, meds just don't work on some people. I take Adderall, Lexapro, and Xanax. I have depression (which has gotten considerably better over the course of 3 years), and anxiety/ptsd from abuse. also adhd.

The meds have helped me, but I don't really need to see a psych for help.

Hey listen OP. I've been entangled in a murder case since last November that left me so fucking depressed. I'll list some things that helped me:
Therapists/counsellors - i have had one recurring group therapy session with the affected. Least helpful for me, but still helpful. A one on one recurring session with a man who wanted me to do things like let my anger out by shouting and throwing things. Not my kinda thing.
A one on one recurring session with a woman who listened to me and help me understand what i am feeling and why - most helpful for me.
Aside from counselling, try to really think about what is going wrong in your life and take steps to change it, no matter how hard. People love you OP.

nice trips, but how can you say you don't need to see a psychiatrist then say you take 3 meds that have helped you?

Maybe it's my ego talking, but there's nothing someone can tell me that I myself haven't realized. I already know suicide isn't the answer, I'm not that weak. Maybe I'm here to suffer, who knows ... But, I think telling someone in person will help me. Imagine having not talking to anyone besides the occasional cashier transaction for 2 decades ...

I've been entangled in a murder case since last November

You prolly cant say much, but story?

Well, what really helped me is having supportive friends that listened to me and helped me through my problem. My case wasn't clinical, so I never really needed to see a psych.

The meds help me along with healthy relationships.

My best friend murdered his father. I was the one who called the police. I have to give evidence against him in court. There's a hole in my life now, and I'm fucking depressed.

I'm glad you had friends that supported you. I live with my parents, and pay them rent, but I can't open up to them because they're like NPCs. In this house, we're all alcoholics. Luckily, we're not the violent alcoholic types, more like self-medicate with alcohol to seem normal.
How old were you? That's fucked. Did you see the actual murder? What happened to your friend? Nevermind ... I'm an asshole for asking.

How the hell do you get Xanax and adderall? My doctor won't give me anything and I've been hospitalized twice for anxiety/psychosis

Jesus, man. That's rough. I'm not trying to sound uncaring, but you should look into the philosophy of stoicism.

Bring evidence against a best friend sounds like one of the hardest things to do, depending on the circumstance.

But think of it this way: Whether or not your friend is going to prison, whether or not you will lose your friend, the best thing you can do at this point is present the evidence and move on with your life.

I know that sounds shitty. And it's going to be shitty for a while, but don't let it ruin your life. I hope things get better for you, user.

Attached: stoic men.jpg (265x190, 9K)

17. He's held in a hospital, i was outside the house when it happened and he's about to go to trial. I have to give evidence against him

What state are you in?

Also, my mother is a nurse with a shit ton of connections. (you get to know a shit ton on medical people throughout your county when you work in healthcare). Not tryna say we did illegal shit to get the meds, but she knew it would be best for me and told my doctor (whom she knew quite well) to try it out on me for a while.

It works very well

I guess they're are holding him until they can "make" him competent to stand trial, huh?

That seems correct.

Wow. Have you had any chance to talk to him since it happened?

I'm in New York/Connecticut and my mom is also a nurse but I doubt she would advocate for me to get any of those. Sucks because my life is going down the drain and I can't get help for it

I doubt it. For murder, especially killing his own father? They'll charge him as an adult.
I grew up in an area where gangs/cartels were involved. For your sake, I hope you or him weren't involved in any of that bullshit. If that's the case, do what you have to do. I hope you're okay friend. None of that was your fault nor there was nothing you could have done, even if your friend told you shit beforehand ... that's why you feel guilty huh?

NPC parents =/ sucks, dude. I assume your relationship is good with them being that they allow you to stay for rent.

You sad you've been a hikki for 2 decades. Do you have any skills for work? How are your social skills? Are you autistic? (legit not memeing, I just want to know.)

Yeah, i find that so damn shitty about criminal justice. I get murder, especially patricide is heinous, but that kid probably grew up horribly. Should we really charge people as adults who went through awful childhoods?

It's difficult to find a therapist that you feel a genuine rapport with. They will (probably) all be kind to you, but finding someone that you can bond with is rarer.
Even if you haven't found the one for you, it can be very helpful. They're good at listening, they (usually) care, and they often have a lot of practical perspective and advice that's useful when you're mired in your own garbage. Just talking to someone who cares can have a pretty profound impact on how you feel, especially when there's pain.
They can be harmful too. Like anything there's bad ones. And bad mental health advice, misunderstanding, misdiagnosing, it can all hurt you and set you back. Trust your judgement.
When you find someone you really trust, it takes on a new dimension. It's worth the time and effort to find them. My relationship with my therapist has been incredibly meaningful and has helped me cope in ways I couldn't have predicted.

No, it's been tearing me apart. I have no idea why he did it. I was speaking to him normally the night before.

The thing is there was no leadup to it. Literally no signs and one day he just brutalizes him. I have no answers.

Yeah, we're good. But like I said, we're more like associates. Not close, at all. And I like it that way desu.

As for skills? Like a proper education on paper? No. Autistic? Not officially diagnosed but it does sure seem like it when I'm in public. Maybe it's just my years of not being social.

>They can be harmful too. Like anything there's bad ones. And bad mental health advice, misunderstanding, misdiagnosing, it can all hurt you and set you back. Trust your judgement.
Can you give me an example of "bad mental health advice"?

Do you HAVE to testify against him? Is there no way you can recuse yourself on the grounds that you don't feel like you can give a fair testimony against him, considering he was/is your best friend?

I mean, if you want to be a normie with a wife and 2 kids (which isn't a bad thing, it's actually very nice) you gotta work on social skills and be able to make yourself marketable for employment.

What do you think it holding you back, OP?

My therapist told me to throw things when I got angry. Bad advice.

Yeah, that's only feeding a destructive behavior. You shouldn't cope like that.

I could. That's good advice man, I'll think about it. Part of me wants to testify though, to give fair hearing to the good side of him. Else, he'll be demonized.

youtube.com/watch?v=NGWNT6wp3eg

How old are you? Will your mother help with at least seeing someone?

>What do you think it holding you back, OP?
Right now? Being labeled as mentally ill and receiving neetbux. Also, paying my parents in rent which helps them when they're struggling financially as my dad keeps getting worse from his illness. I mean, I could leave ... but my parents missing out on the $600 I give to them every month will hurt them big time despite them not wanting to admit it to me.

Forgot to thank you for recommending stoicism. I'll look into it user.

In class right now. I'll check that video out later.

Yeah, good plan. You need to do that. I really hope the court takes what you say into consideration.

Also, if you can, try to find out what happened with him. Have you talked to his family/friends about him? Maybe he was exhibiting certain behaviors at home or around others that you didn't know about.

Oh, yeah if you want to try and paint as fair a picture of him as possible, then it might be a better idea to testify. Do you have any idea why he killed his father?

If they want you to testify, tell law enforcement you won't talk unless you can meet up with him and talk in person. It will be supervised and it will be recorded, but at least you'll have peace of mind. In fact, it could help him.

Ye, of course, man! :)

It has really helped me get through some tough times. When you are faced with a horrible situation, the best thing to do is be calm and collected.

Don't be over-emotional, because it could tear you apart.

I don't like talking about my problems to my parents or anyone really. Once you do they start looking at you wierdly and start distancing themselves. It's embarrassing. I'm 23, I dropped out of high school because of anxiety and depression. I have a doctor and therapist that I see but he doesn't want to give me anything and just tells me meme advice. Maybe I should find a different doctor.

Misdiagnosis is one, because then the treatment is wrong, and at best it's useless, and at worst it's actively harmful.
Advice from someone who is misjudging your emotional state is bound to make your problems worse, not better. But you'll have a sense for it too, like if it's wrong it'll ring false.

I know how you feel. I was/am distant with my bio parents. I refer to my friend's mom as my mother (she pretty much adopted me years back.)

And yeah, if your doctor isn't helping you, maybe you should find a new one.

Also, how are you making money to pay rent?

I'll try and explain him for a bit. He was fucking weird, but the best guy I knew. He didn't want anyone knowing his parents, where he was from or where he lived. (that last one I found out with some digging.) I saw these things as the Terms of Service as our friendship. Therefore, there's nothing I can do to contact his remaining family.
I've been trying and I'll keep trying my man.

I've tried stuff like that, the fed have so much power over me, not the other way around. They took my phone.

No fucking idea. it was out of the blue

>trusting someone whose job title is literally the rapist

>I've tried stuff like that, the fed have so much power over me, not the other way around. They took my phone.
Shaddup. They have no power over you unless you were involved in something bigger than you're not telling us about. You have no obligation to testify but that's probably too late now.

I had an over night job that I worked for a few years. (Just quit recently). I don't pay rent, I still live with them. I've never been that close with my mom, she just thinks I'm a loser I guess. That's tough in a way, I'm perceived to be someone I'm not.

I think it would be best to go to a psych ward for a few years. If he is like you say he is,this would do him some good. But what I'm afraid about is that he'll go to prison. Hopefully he had a reason to kill his father.

Also, why did the police take your phone? It doesn't like you were an accomplice. The best friend connection maybe?

Yeah, quitting your job wasn't a good idea, unless there was a good reason too.

I hope you're looking for work, user. Being a neet and hikki might not last for long. I would hate for you to be thrown out with no way to make money and feed yourself.

I think it depends on what's making you depressed or whatever, I've got a degenerative muscle wasting condition that's fucking me up more and more, I can barely use stairs now and my arms are so fucking weak, limbs starting to look Auschwitz mode, messing my heart muscle too, there's no cure or any real treatment.

So obviously not in a healthy mental place, but talking to someone about it wouldn't help because nothing will get fixed, I'd maybe get put on things I don't want to take, and I'd just be pretending to not be destroyed by it all the time.

But if it's in your head, serotonin levels etc, then drugs and talking will probably help you massively.

>The best friend connection maybe?
exactly that. they have no clue why he did it either, so they're looking through our messages to find something. Kinda scary for 5 years of messages.

I'm trying to get a new one atm

Well, just keep in mind that the prosecutors are there to win. They'll do whatever it takes to get your friend convicted, and get as long of a sentence on him as possible. Take anything they say to you with a grain of salt.
Do you know anything about his relationship with his dad? Was he abused at all? Any signs of his dad being a hardass, or emotionally unavailable, or anything weird whenever you were there?

Good. I would get a fulltime job somewhere. It might be min wage, but you could apply to a technical school while working. Do you have any interests for technical work? IT stuff, medical, welding?

From what I can tell there's a lot of different kinds of therapy and half of them I can confirm myself are a bunch of bullcrap (cough, CBT). That being said a guy just convinced me today to give therapy another shot via a different type (EDRM or something?). It's a more physical approach to psychotherapy which seems more promising than the whole "let's rethink your feelings" crap. I already know how to rethink my feelings and I don't charge $100/hour, thanks.

Also, you may need help from your parents. This is going to be shitty, OP, but you may have to start forcing conversation about your life with ur mom and dad.

Even if you guys are distant, maybe getting a little closer, slow and steady of course, would be beneficial for you.

How long ago did this happen? is he now 18?

Right now I'm trying to get a full time job for the city I live in. Long term I'm not sure but I want to go to college and do something respectable. I feel like a huge brainlet when I try to study. That makes me feel limited career wise and that's a part of the reason I'd like some adderall.

I know nothing about his family at all. One of my responses from earlier illuminates that. For example when we were in a call, when his door opened he ripped his microphone out of his headset so I couldn't hear them. I kind of hijacked OP's thread (sorry) and I'm in class so I should go. Thanks for the support all

You know, it's funny you say that, because out of all the different therapeutic methods, CBT is the most promising because it's the method that most aligns with research on how brains work (unlike most others, which is to neuroscience as astrology is to astronomy). I don't know much about what precisely entails CBT as I've never undergone it, but a behavioral approach to therapy is best because the brain is a programmable repetition-machine, and you program it via repeating acts (whatever those acts are, if it's done via the brain, it's programmable).

So stuff isn't too darn bad! :)
A job for the city sound pretty nice. I hope you get it.

About the brainlet thing, i know you said you dropped out of highschool. Do you have a GED? Also, I love education and study. You just have to pay attention and ask questions. Create a study method for yourself. Learn how to take effective notes as well.

They're all different. You need to find one that makes you feel comfortable, like if you have ANY reasons you feel weird/butthurt/anything negative that makes you think you're gonna lie then change them right away. I personally think most therapists are obsessive compulsive personalities because they are extremely weird about following rules and need you to be a societal cuck(basically I'm mad bc they told me to stop smoking weed and haven't gone back in 6+ months)

Also, adderall doesn't make you smarter are more rational. It just helps you focus. If you dont have ADD/ADHD, it normally has an adverse effect, like mania and panic. For me it just mellows me out and helps me focus. My mind used to race a bunch, but the addy helped.

Serious question: Can a white man get a black therapist who is also his sex master? I'd like to have a black therapist, preferably one who's been to prison or in a gang. I want to totally surrender to him and have him teach me things. I'd like to have the ability to vent my impulse to say nigger and other unacceptable thoughts and then get fucked mercilessly and suck his cock. I'd like to fall asleep on him and have his big fingers in my ass.

Attached: 1460876390607.jpg (300x225, 32K)

Thanks man, I hope I do. I have a GED but I don't think I'm dumb but it's just hard to stay focused and studying feels tedious for me. Thanks a lot for your advice

Same anonDidn't see this post. I feel maybe the adderall would make it easier to relax and sit down and it would help if the information became more digestable in a sense. I hope I'm just not getting too old. People my age finished college already

Wondering the same thing OP. Gonna schedule a mental evaluation soon and Im wondering what to expect and what I should and shouldnt tell them.

troll is troll

No I'm serious. I know it's impractical, but it's what my heart wants. I'm so tired of not having things I really want. I'd love to be in a warm, secure place like that.

>go to a psychologist
literally never ever ever for any reason ever do this

interact with the sort of people who study psychology and have your faith in the profession immediately blasted to pieces

Sounds like you got MTHFR. Try taking L-methyl-folate

Group therapy sessions are shit and rarely work well or in a lasting way for anyone. At best it becomes a serious and unhealthy crutch, and it's basically just therapy for people too poor or in too shitty of an area to seek real psychiatric help.

i've been with 8 therapists throughout my entire childhood and life. and i have to say, none of them has ever helped me in slightest

We're still both 17

Well nice, thanks for telling me how my sessions went.

Sure thing, ask me how other things went for you.

>I think it would be best to go to a psych ward for a few years.

Fuck you faggot. FUCK YOU. You're wishing hell upon a friendly user.
If that was your goal, great.
If not, eat shit and die.

Attached: xxbjnoi4nonf4f.jpg (480x477, 30K)

What? Did I miss something?
Did you miss the entirety of the posts?
No one, NO ONE, needs to visit a psychward.
EVER.
What the fuck. Fuck you faggot jew enabler.
FUCK YOU PLEBBIT!
What's your major malfunction faggot?
I'm going to skin you fagboy jew.
If it wasn't for us you would be homeless.

Attached: ahz9vh-093jn0d3d.jpg (960x960, 87K)

honk
suicide is never the answer
honk honk

Attached: killyourself.png (2048x2048, 804K)

They are dumb normies. I talk to my college one and she looks legitimately creeped out whenever she's around me. I think most of them are used to talking to normies sad over a break up instead of paranoid schizophrenics desu. Go see a psychologist if you have legitimate mental issues, therapists do nothing but force me to drink the rest of the day after I tell them shit that's been bottled up forever.

Attached: 1551946423350.jpg (514x576, 25K)