/Anhedonia/

Who else suffers from this aspect of depression.
complete or increasing loss of all enjoyment from activity's they used to engage in for fun.
>discuss

Attached: 1534540248910.png (1280x1024, 1.08M)

I used to love learning was top of my class and reading ive read about 100 chapter books from elemantary to middle school in highschool I failed every class after first semmester I used to be able to use perfect punctuation but now i feel my intelligence being sucked out i lost my only chance to leave poverty am now wagecuck.tfw being poor made me depressed and never had chance to reach full capabilities.

Attached: 1551953269070.png (220x294, 88K)

I've been depressed for about four years now and for about two years I've been losing all joy and interest in/from things that I loved. I gave up programming briefly, and now I code, but it's not fun anymore. I listen to music as a coping mechanism too. so yeah. suck

Been depressed for about 8 years, i don't enjoy anything anymore, use to have loads of hobbies but now all i do is play video games out of habit, don't even enjoy them i just go on autopilot when i play. Kept thinking things would get better but now im thinking about getting out of this place.

Anime for me. I cut out sugar, alchohol and drugs...hell I don't even have coffee. My only cope is the anime honestly and some message boards other than this one but even that is starting to suck dick.

I'm in that boat, used to skate/mix music/sing/play vidya/watch anime/do handyman work

I find no enjoyment out of anything, tried all kinds of antidepressants and none of them work. Kinda bummed cause I can't even enjoy music anymore

By chance, do you know Mr. Cash? It's The Retardo, and you seem familiar. (K.S.?)

Yup. I go through life every day just staring at walls and doing the bare minimum that needs to be done to avoid getting kicked out of my parents' house.

No, I'm S.S.

I recently made a friend who says he experienced this. It makes me feel really bad for him and I wonder if there is anything I can do to help. :(

>It makes me feel really bad for him and I wonder if there is anything I can do to help. :(
you can by being a friend, only thing I still enjoy is talking to friends :)

Every time I see this thread I have to remind you.
>You dont have anhedonia
>You're just a boring cunt

Attached: 1551752319423.jpg (353x918, 94K)

If you're anhedonic just like as i am then you won't think of anything to discuss. It's complete emptiness.

Attached: 07.gif (603x603, 99K)

this is me. I stopped enjoying anything for about 5 years.
I got put on daily adderall and I take it as prescribed, I'm feeling more like a human being now

I don't have that shit but I'm terribly bored atm. I'm only playing this video to pass the time. Same thing with Jow Forums and discord but its neither enjoyable and pleasant to waste my time like this. I'll often just drift off into thinking about nothing in particular because of how dreadful the experience is. That said I don't think I have Anhedonia but it does give me a sense of dissociation because I don't enjoy the things I should enjoy. Combine that with my poor short and long term memory and it's easy for me to feel like I exist.

Attached: Shinji.gif (540x405, 306K)

Yep. I used to love learning, but now just showing up to lectures, let alone actually studying, is just such a phenomenal effort I get nothing out of anymore. I feel like a worthless piece of shit for wasting my parents' money by being a lazy depressed loser. Plus I'm probably going to lose my scholarship because of this and they'll have to waste even more money on their failure of a child.

Attached: 1551752889782.gif (250x250, 192K)

Am I anhedonic if I purposely avoid conversation? I just feel like it's pointless if I'm only going to say like one word in reply.

Attached: 1357875931286.png (400x400, 40K)

Bumping anhedonia thread

i am a schizoid. i have social anhedonia

i can enjoy my time in solitude, but whenever i'm around other people i get bored, it's just so hard to focus on what they have to say. i especially hate small talk

Working out cured this for me.

>Working out cured this for me.
im getting fit I hope it helps.

some people do in fact have it
I'm not one of those people but it does exist as a symptom of depression

What really sucks is it has ruined my social skills. watching people i realize any interaction has a certain tension that propels conversation onwards. the source of that tension is the expectation of validation or some kind of social gratification. every participant is emotionally invested because their ego is on the line, or they genuinely care about feeling they are understood, to express themselves and their ideas, to assert their dominance, whatever. people enjoy talking to one another, or at least they expect some type of positive emotion out of it so they continue on talking, in an effort to extract joy from
the interaction. this causes a dynamic experience and builds relationships.

problem is, i dont feel pleasure, i dont care about being validated. i am equally unmoved by compliments and insults. it doesnt make it impossible to talk to me, but conversations people have with me compared to others are sad husks. theres no emotion, i never laugh or smile naturally. when i do its obviously fake, just mirroring the other person. usually convos with me end quickly and suddenly with a marker silence. people do not open up to me, they shut down and get defensive, because i cant make them feel comfortable, nor am i capable of rewarding them with any genuine positive emotional response. i cant laugh at a joke in an authentic way, i cant really laugh at anything.

by contrast, when people talk with each other they can go on endlessly, theres lots of laughter and raised voices and excitement.

Attached: 9C72BD42-E122-4A06-B237-41696DF52883.png (250x350, 110K)

hi gunjy
I used to enjoy art very much 5 years ago, over the last few years it has been a complete chore, and every time I try to get back into drawing it sucks the life out of me. I wish I was capable of enjoying it. I also no longer can enjoy things like anime or video games, they used to be fun with online friends, but now even with those online friends it feels so mundane. Only thing that helps me now is just getting drunk and trying those activities, it's not as dreadful.

The only thing that keeps me going anymore is my weekly DnD sessions, and that's mostly just because it's both an excuse to have some level of low-pressure socialization and to pretend I'm some dumb dinosaur druid and not the terminally depressed sack of flesh that I have been for my entire adolescent and adult life. I get nothing from anything I used to enjoy anymore - vidya, reading, film, jackin', cooking, eating, it's all ash upon the tongue.

Attached: 1546583872329.jpg (585x671, 106K)

I hate having this

I need to draw but it just isn't fun anymore
Not even because I stress myself out by self-criticizing, but because now I can only draw for about 30 minutes before getting drowsy and wanting to do something else. Even video games aren't fun anymore, I think I just open up steam out of habit now and don't launch anything

The only thing I want to do is sleep and dream of something better

Attached: 1548782900086.gif (100x100, 719K)

>hi gunjy
>I used to enjoy art very much 5 years ago, over the last few years it has been a complete chore, and every time I try to get back into drawing it sucks the life out of me.
this happened with me and poetry,
sorry but it happens.

We must try though it gets better

diddnt read the whole thing but watch the new season