Nuzlocke

its been a couple months but i feel like tackling another emerald nuzlocke today. some may wonder why im not posting this in /v/ or /vp/ but i dont frequent those boards and i had fun with the small crowd i gathered the last few times. rules are:
>i can only catch one pokemon per route, but i can skip the first encounter if it's a pokemon i already have to avoid having 6 of the same mon
>if i run into a shiny i will catch it and use it no matter what, seems unlikely but it happened a while ago
>i will nickname every pokemon, hopefully you guys will give me suggestions for them
>if a pokemon faints it is dead and i will move them to a box named "Heaven" in the PC
>if they all faint its game over
i started up emerald and picked up torchic as a filler until we ran into our true starter, a level 3 poochyena. i will release the torchic when i can. please send me nickname suggestions, but i will likely move on if noone replies in 5-6 mins so i can move on with the game. cheers boys

Attached: Untitled.png (1472x1080, 128K)

ended up calling him dublin. will post again when i run into a new mon or something of note

Attached: Untitled.png (740x554, 21K)

our next addition to the team is a lotad! ran into 2 poochyenas before this guy came up so we lucked out. nickname suggestions please

Attached: Untitled.png (1460x560, 40K)

Name him Lobro

thanks! Lobro it is, hopefully she will take us the distance

Attached: Untitled.png (734x570, 23K)

another new member! unforunately in the early state all there is to do is catch new pokemon on the nearby routes so its a bit monotonous for a while. taking nicknames!

Attached: Untitled.png (736x574, 26K)

Ziggs

Don't throw away torchic

thanks! Ziggs it is!
sorry i already did :( i like the starters but it seems like cheating if i use them since its so easy

Attached: Untitled.png (732x558, 19K)

I don't care what happens as long as you name whatever you catch next NIGGER

got 2 antidote from ziggs already which is pretty nice. ive had cases where poison killed a mon before and while i cant remember if poison kills or stops at lhp in emerald i can sell it for gold if nothing else
sorry im going to not allow early naming just to avoid people just spamming names and me having to follow them. next one i catch though if youre the first to reply i can name it NIGGER

Attached: Untitled.png (732x584, 17K)

stupid wally getting a ralts as his first pokemon. also caught a marill right before the forest! never used one before so im excited. taking name suggestions!

Attached: Untitled.png (1464x564, 32K)

name it Pikablue

Name that lil' nigga PIKABLUE

you boys read my mind i was going to name it this if noone responded. takes me back to the days before gen 2 and rumors of pikablue came out after marill appeared in i think the short before the first pokemon movie

Attached: Untitled.png (748x540, 21K)

new member from the woods! nickname needed. surprised we havent had to catch a wurmple yet but no complaints ive never been a fan of the caterpillar class bug types

Attached: Untitled.png (732x576, 22K)

PROVOLONE
Her name is PROVOLONE

thanks for the name friend. is that your favorite cheese? i love gruyere myself but only with a good rind. here's a quick look at the team. way more balanced than i thought it'd be! now to make our way through the forest

Attached: Untitled.png (1464x560, 35K)

Portabella! Name it porabella!

But user...
Shroomish are a shroom
Provolone are a cheese

Fuck i was too late
origig

made it to rustboro in one piece but man our mons are lacking in strength lol .takes so many hits to kill other trainers' pokemon but im sure their time will come
yeah sorry friend, hopefully you got it next time!

Attached: Untitled.png (748x580, 33K)

No, she just looks like a PROVOLONE, I like sharp cheddar most

Would you name your dog HUSKY? Would you name your cat MAINE COONE? No, you'd name your cat RIGATONI and your dog BIBIMBAP

went straight for the gym since i knew it was rock and provolone and pikablue could rip through it. turned out we didn't even need the latter, provolone was MVP this gym and just absorbed every pokemon they threw at us
i havent had cheddar in a while mostly gruyere and brie with wine and beer but i might pick some up. also
>BIBIMBAP
im korean but never liked it too much lol never liked rice or noodles as much desu

Attached: Untitled.png (1460x1124, 97K)

>RIGATONI
>BIBIMBAP
No, I wouldn't

God bless PROVOLONE

newest member to the team! a nincada, dont think ive ever used them before but i hink i remember they evolve to a regular bug and a ghost bug? anyway nickname please!

Attached: Untitled.png (732x580, 22K)

You know, I've always thought that the geodude sprite in RSE looked a little off. Most of the gen 3 sprites do, but especially that one.

Sturdinja if you evolve to shedinja

Hermes if you evolve to ninjask

But that's not how Nincada works, if you have a free space in your party when it evolves you get both Ninjask AND Shedinja

Name him GUNGNIR

Really? I thought it was either one or the other.

i just googled it and it looks like very other gen has geodude's hands as a closed fist while his hands are open here maybe thats it? lol
thanks! named him hermes because i want to try using the ghostie
sorry the other user was a step faster. do you know if the nickname applies to both mon? or will shedinja always be just shedinja when it appears?

Attached: Untitled.png (744x566, 25K)

Nah nigga, it's a twofer

Oh fuck, I forgot, you gotta have a pokeball in your inventory when you evolve it. And I think it just comes out as SHEDINJA.

If you want a small audience why wont you rather stream it

My most recent Nuzlocke in Ultra Sun ended in total defeat. Good luck my man!

caught a wismur (ofc) in the cave where the old man's peeko is taken. taking nicknames and also want to know if you guys want wismur in for someone else
ah okay thats a bummer that makes me less fond of hermes desu
ive never tried streaming it and i feel more comfortable screenshotting and just posting on here. itd probably be more exciting for you guys though so i apologize
thanks! i bought moon when it first came out but never got more than a few hours into it. heard ultra sun/moon was better but i think im more into replaying old pokemon games like this on days i have nothing planned

Attached: Untitled.png (744x564, 26K)

decided to name her Dinny and move on for now! going to just keep her in the bench unless someone wants her to be part of the 6 roster

Attached: Untitled.png (748x556, 26K)

did mr briney a favor and he took us to dewford. ive only ridden a boat once in my life that i can remember. it was for a whale watching trip in elementary school. all the other kids' parents understood the consent form for seasickness medicine but my mom's english wasnt good enough at the time so i was the only one without. ended up puking chunks all over the deck and had a few kids follow my lead after they got sick seeing me get sick/ good times

Attached: Untitled.png (1452x552, 51K)

caught a makuhita in the dewford cave! need a nickname but this also reminds me how brawly can sometimes wipe some mon out so fingers crossed

Attached: Untitled.png (748x540, 18K)

WRASSLEHOF

lol nice name and nice timing, i was just about to name him and move foward. i think i will replace hermes for wrasselehof but if anyone has any other suggestions for the team please feel free to let me know

Attached: Untitled.png (746x536, 18K)

fucking provolone was the MVP again. i was scared to let out any others since they were low level and thought brawly's mon could one shot them. thankfully leech seed and mega drain were very nice in these battles and provolone even ended the gym leader match with full HP

Attached: Untitled.png (1464x568, 54K)

second ride on mr briney's boat and we're in slateport! feeling good about this run so far

Attached: Untitled.png (1452x548, 36K)

first evolution of the run! thought provolone would be the first since she's 19 already but lobro beat her to it

Attached: Untitled.png (728x572, 19K)

Did you bail or what?